Author Topic: Some Random Thoughts on TNA  (Read 4868 times)

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
Re: Some Random Thoughts on TNA
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 03:29:17 PM »
I have to say I was impressed with TNA last night (with the excpetion of all the comercials in the first hour). They set the bar high to keep up with though. It acually left me wondering, what happen's next. Something that wrestling hasn't had in a long time. I haven't watched RAW yet, except for the Bret and Shawn conversation but they should know to pick up the pace now.
TEAM LESNAR

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 04:41:38 AM »
On a side note, looks like my wish will come true:

There is a rumor going around that the company will run an angle tonight, where the 6-sided ring is destroyed, and then will be replaced by the traditional 4-sided ring. I exclusively noted several weeks ago that TNA was planning to use a 4-sided ring in the near future. Hogan pushed for this as the six sided ring is a disaster and causes confusion in the ring.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 05:10:21 AM »
That could very well be true, A while back before Hogan joined TNA. it was noted somewhere that Hogan said that TNA had a solid product but it needed to get rid of the 6 sided ring. I was wondering when he would get rid of it when I heard he was coming.
TEAM LESNAR

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 08:09:56 AM »
Hogan pushed for this as the six sided ring is a disaster and causes confusion in the ring.

I can see where two extra sides would make it much more difficult to do a leg drop.

;D

I understand his point.
I just think it’s funny that of the entire roster of workers like Daniels, Styles, Angle, etc. it was HOGAN who addressed the detriments of ring architecture.

Maybe some of the others did, but Hulk Bollea has the power to do something about it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 09:23:19 AM »

I can see where two extra sides would make it much more difficult to do a leg drop.

;D

I understand his point.
I just think it’s funny that of the entire roster of workers like Daniels, Styles, Angle, etc. it was HOGAN who addressed the detriments of ring architecture.

Maybe some of the others did, but Hulk Bollea has the power to do something about it.

Lol....absolutely. Personally, I hate that 6-sided ring. Its stupid.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
I never liked it either. It took away from it being "Real" Wrastlin. If that makes since. It was hard for me to take them serious at first is what I'm trying to say.
TEAM LESNAR

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 04:52:05 AM »
Looks like Hogan & Bishoff are making smart changes in TNA already...see below:

It would appear that TNA is saying goodbye to the six-sided ring as a traditional four-sided ring is set up in the Impact! Zone for tonight's Genesis pay-per-view.

The company had been using the six-sided ring since debuting at Universal Studios in June 2004 for their first iMPACT! taping.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 07:16:55 AM »
So…
I’m assuming the Universal TNA audience is actually fans?

When WCW ran shows there in the early 90’s, their live crowd was comprised of park tourists, many/most of whom did not follow wrestling.
They actually had to use cards & signs to cue the audience when to boo or cheer.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
So…
I’m assuming the Universal TNA audience is actually fans?

When WCW ran shows there in the early 90’s, their live crowd was comprised of park tourists, many/most of whom did not follow wrestling.
They actually had to use cards & signs to cue the audience when to boo or cheer.

Really? I didn't know that, Mont. Signs to cheer, boo, etc? Wow. The crowd there looked pretty legit. Florida is a good wrestling state. I imagine most of the fans there are former WCW fans.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »
I've heard that once or twice before.
I think Bret even mentioned it briefly in his book.

That was just prior to Hogan's arrival, and continued until they started doing the Monday night programming.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 05:20:49 AM »
I've heard that once or twice before.
I think Bret even mentioned it briefly in his book.

That was just prior to Hogan's arrival, and continued until they started doing the Monday night programming.

I honestly don't think people realize even to this day what a HUGE draw Hogan was and still is.