Author Topic: What's your gym pet peeve?  (Read 25443 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: What's your gym pet peeve?
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2007, 01:04:37 PM »
I'm 34, so I know what it's like to not have a cellphone. I'm actually notorious for not having it on me because I find them to be really annoying. Fvckers always seem to call me when they're bored with nothing to say, like when they're driving. But whenever I'm away from my family, it's always going to be on me, it's just crazy not to. I am the one who protects them, and in a crisis, even seconds can make a difference.

No issues carrying it and answering but have the fuckin courtesey to step out of the weight area instead of sitting on the end of the bench carrying on a conversation.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »
Not letting people work in

BB curls at the power rack when I need to do an actual power move

People that talk so the whoel gym can hear

People that lift like shit and then tell you how to lift

People who get "done up" to lift

Monopolizing equipment for more than 10 minutes
Squishy face retard

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
No issues carrying it and answering but have the fuckin courtesey to step out of the weight area instead of sitting on the end of the bench carrying on a conversation.

I agree 100%, like being in the line at the grocery store and waiting on some bitch trying dig through her purse with only one hand cause the other's got a cellphone to her ear.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2007, 01:21:13 PM »
i hate when the bubbler is warm >:(

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »
jeez, just because you hate your life and need to have an excuse to not be on every beckon call from your slavedriver of a wife, dont get mad that others dont mind talking on the cell when we at the gym ...

Haha... I love my wife... Apparently she can take care of herself... Maybe yours can't though, so I understand.

Apparently, common courtesy for those around you is against your personal makeup as well...

That, and apparently being so whipped you're not allowed out of arms reach of your cell phone... It's ok... I understand.

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »
I got no problems with cell phones... but when people sit on their ass at a station that everyone else needs talking on the phone, that what pisses me off.  Its just plain inconsiderate. If you need to take a call, leave your station open for anyone else who needs to use it and answer your call, just not on the weight room floor... exactly what Mon_of_steel said.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2007, 01:27:42 PM »
Haha... I love my wife... Apparently she can take care of herself... Maybe yours can't though, so I understand.

Apparently, common courtesy for those around you is against your personal makeup as well...

That, and apparently being so whipped you're not allowed out of arms reach of your cell phone... It's ok... I understand.
why dont you go back to the General Topics board and ask people for $$$ again ... some of us have jobs that require us to answer the phone when we leave...yeah not going to get into that but it does happen holmes
L

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »
Dropping dumbbells...

It's a gym, not a fuckin' library. Sometimes you gotta drop that shit.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2007, 01:31:32 PM »
why dont you go back to the General Topics board and ask people for $$$ again ... some of us have jobs that require us to answer the phone when we leave...yeah not going to get into that but it does happen holmes

Haha... more funnies... since you obviously are whipped and can't answer to THAT.

We'll move on to the $$$ item.

I said if they're giving it away... It's a board... chances are, I bring home bigger paychecks than you... The point I was making is which you obviously don't realize is that many people on these boards lie about their income, jobs, whatever.

If you do make more than me, great, more power to you, but you're still whipped I guess... Just remember... you started the attack... If you want to keep it up, then we will unfortunately have to go there.

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
It's a gym, not a fuckin' library. Sometimes you gotta drop that shit.

If you do, you are too weak for the weight.  Go back and read the previous posts genius.  If someone can do 210 dumbells for reps, set them on his knees and rack them back up, you can too... keep the equipment in good condition by not dropping it just because you feel like it... broken weights= pissed of members and gym owners.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »
Sometimes when your pushing some heavy iron (over 100) the last thing you are thinking about is a controlled descent when you are done.

I'm not endorsing slamming them like a retard like Ronnie does, but a controlled drop is okay.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2007, 01:33:39 PM »
Sometimes when your pushing some heavy iron (over 100) the last thing you are thinking about is a controlled descent when you are done.

I'm not endorsing slamming them like a retard like Ronnie does, but a controlled drop is okay.

Exactly... Nothing wrong with letting it hit the floor, but don't just say "fuck it".

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2007, 01:34:01 PM »

Ditto.

MiniMike

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »
Wearing my headphones, wearing my hat very low over my eyes, and just sitting there motionless between sets. I'm just putting out the "Don't talk to me vibe." All I'm thinking about is my next set.

Then someone comes up to me trying to start a conversation which I have to remove my headphones and say "Sorry, what?" I'm too nice to tell them to fuck off or anything like that. I just politely engage in a conversation for a few seconds before I say "Excuse me" and put my headphones back on and start my next set. I then think of how pissed I am about them breaking my consentration between sets and use it to channel my anger into the next set. I don't think less of them for being friendly but it's just not the right time or place.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
Haha... more funnies... since you obviously are whipped and can't answer to THAT.

We'll move on to the $$$ item.

I said if they're giving it away... It's a board... chances are, I bring home bigger paychecks than you... The point I was making is which you obviously don't realize is that many people on these boards lie about their income, jobs, whatever.

If you do make more than me, great, more power to you, but you're still whipped I guess... Just remember... you started the attack... If you want to keep it up, then we will unfortunately have to go there.

yeah its just people talking on thier phones, not really the end of the world bro ...sorry to get you angry...

oh yeah the thing about lying on the internet ...yeah right, everything is true here didnt you know that ?  Hey I like to put the cell phone down too, and 4 out of 5 days in the gym i dont bring it, but sometimes you just need to ...i guess im whipped, at least you think that i have a gf, most posters think that im a gay virgin hahahahhahh your alright TU-holmes your alright
L

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2007, 01:35:26 PM »

Exactly.  I'm not saying to "set" them on the floor, a little drop of a few inches is fine... and it won't break the weights. just dont deliberately drop them from a height of a foot or more... it breaks equipment, period.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2007, 01:35:42 PM »
Wearing my headphones, wearing my hat very low over my eyes, and just sitting there motionless between sets. I'm just putting out the "Don't talk to me vibe." All I'm thinking about is my next set.

Then someone comes up to me trying to start a conversation which I have to remove my headphones and say "Sorry, what?" I'm too nice to tell them to f**k off or anything like that. I just politely engage in a conversation for a few seconds before I say "Excuse me" and put my headphones back on and start my next set. I then think of how pissed I am about them breaking my consentration between sets and use it to channel my anger into the next set. I don't think less of them for being friendly but it's just not the right time or place.

Monster animalpak Post

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »
i hate when the bubbler is warm >:(

Is bubbler a European term for a drinking fountain?
tiny-tit bounty hunter

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

my brother is short as hell and he can reach the db on the ground when sitting on an incline bench...i think people have a prob when the dumbell does (what I call) the TUMBLE Of DEATH ...110-130 lbs jumping around ...
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »
yeah its just people talking on thier phones, not really the end of the world bro ...sorry to get you angry...

oh yeah the thing about lying on the internet ...yeah right, everything is true here didnt you know that ?  Hey I like to put the cell phone down too, and 4 out of 5 days in the gym i dont bring it, but sometimes you just need to ...i guess im whipped, at least you think that i have a gf, most posters think that im a gay virgin hahahahhahh your alright TU-holmes your alright

Dude, I'm not angry... If was to keep it 100 myself, even I take it in every now and again just because of some crazy shit going on at work or some important event or what have you... We can't be everything to everyone every day though, and usually, my 1 measily hour at the gym is all I get to myself, so I'm gonna take it most of the time.

Dude, if you're gay, straight, virgin, I certainly don't care... You're alright by me man... It's all good.

I love the debate...

MiniMike

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
Monster animalpak Post

Haha good one. Yeah reading back on that it would probably fit good into an Animal Pak ad. Truthfully I've been training like that since about 1998 long before those Animal Pak ads starting being printed.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »
my brother is short as hell and he can reach the db on the ground when sitting on an incline bench...i think people have a prob when the dumbell does (what I call) the TUMBLE Of DEATH ...110-130 lbs jumping around ...

I hear you. if i let a weight go i make sure it hits the ground square so it doesn't bounce. I'm just not risking popping a bicep tendon trying to negative curl 125 lbs. to the floor. If that makes me inconsiderate, oh fucking well.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2007, 01:44:06 PM »
Either that or he is smoking weed at the gym with a glass bong !!! fuckin cool!!
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »

I thought it was some chick with too much "gas".

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2007, 01:47:29 PM »
Haha good one. Yeah reading back on that it would probably fit good into an Animal Pak ad. Truthfully I've been training like that since about 1998 long before those Animal Pak ads starting being printed.
Im the same way...the only person i can train with is my older bro but he is in iraq now so i just train alone. Same exact way. Monster "dont fuck with me" face and pantera in the ear...and i want to kill someone when they talk to me. and esp if its something like "hey do you take protien" or "is creatine like steroids"