Author Topic: how do you feel about the current state of the economy  (Read 640 times)

diamondcut

• Getbig III
how do you feel about the current state of the economy
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
share some of your sentiments concerning today's economy

the job market, the debt (crisis), the inflation, housing market, private markets, industrial sectors, the underground drug economy, etc

i just feel like hearing an up to date opinion by getbiggers

Neptuno

• Getbig III
  • From HUELVA - SPAIN
Re: how do you feel about the current state of the economy
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:10:33 AM »
w

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 12:14:31 AM »
"the economy" is a misnomer. there is still the same amount of stuff being produced in china, brazil, russia, and the same amount of oil being extracted and refined in the middle-east. the difference is that now, as compared to before the recession, that there were more people with jobs and people getting better pay, but no longer.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 12:21:41 AM »
"the economy" is a misnomer. there is still the same amount of stuff being produced in china, brazil, russia, and the same amount of oil being extracted and refined in the middle-east. the difference is that now, as compared to before the recession, that there were more people with jobs and people getting better pay, but no longer.

i still feel that there are people who are overpaid for their desk positions, with outdated skillsets and jobs that are way too "cushy"

10k a month for a library manager(yes this was a local job listing), give me a fucking break

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:26:36 AM »
i also believe that in today's economy, going to college is utterly useless and puts you behind in life vs people who get out of high school with a plan (apprenticeship to learn a trade, inheriting businesses or working for family businesses, real estate, law enforcement, etc)

unless you major is engineering, something finance/economy related, or economics, or medical field related, yes college is useful, but it is no guarantee to a good paying job

i have friends who graduated from prestigious colleges with engineering degrees without engineering jobs, who grinded their way through college and strugged through rigorous course work and now they can't even collect unemployment due to the shitty state of the economy because they don't even have a damn job and have never worked a real job except for part time internships during college. meanwhile joe bloe is collecting unemployment from being laid off at his construction union, tell me who is the winner then, who is getting the money then?

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »
and what's up with these major corporations doing massive layoffs yet their CEO's and higher ups are making millions in "bonuses"???

fucking corrupt shit right there, like shitting on a corpse

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
i'm afraid very afraid