Author Topic: Superman vs Batman 2015!  (Read 101317 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: Superman vs Batman 2015!
« Reply #500 on: March 26, 2016, 04:27:35 PM »
HTEXAN: your answers to my questions 1 thru 2: the ship taught him? how would the damaged kryptonian ship (guess it wasn't damaged that badly if it could still have it's information banks?) KNOW that superman is clark kent and martha kent is his mother? how and why would that particular ship have this information? it's ONLY a history of krypton and it's history..

question 3: department of defense owns the ship? whoever owns it, this government dept. or whatever, NO ONE could bribe 1 senator or 1 official to allow him to have full access (and on his own!) to a alien ship and to get a hold of zod's body!... sorry but that's beyond ridiculous and unbelievable..

question 4: "somewhere in the indian ocean" (um, why didn't they just give the coordinates? and once again, that part of the ocean where the other damaged terraformer laid would be totally off limits to everyone, and some guy (we never find out who that whited hair guy is by the way) can show up on the beach, hire some teenage scuba divers to dive around this ship and without a shred of any u.n. or government security and lockdown off this area? come on!..

question 5: wonder woman who says she on purpose withdraws from mankind, but yet she is seen getting into a car, going to a bank and so on? really? why did she even pose for the photo in 1918 as well? regardless if something like s.h.i.e.l.d. in the avengers movie as this way of finding out information on everyone.. no such thing exists or is demonstrated to exist in the d.c. movie universe.. also, for someone supposed to be as intelligent and wise as wonder woman she once again does a LOUSY job of withdrawing from mankind regardless if she is photographed and filmed.. she STILL does things in mankind and out in public! her actions are a oxymoron to say the least....

question 6: no, it's NOT like 9/11.... 9-ll happened quickly suddenly unexpectedly to 2 side by side buildings.. people above the crash were trapped and people below the crashes either didn't have time or were told? that they could leave quickly but calmly before both buildings collapsed.. here in this movie and the scenes from "man of steel'  almost the ENTIRE CITY is under attack and his friend's in wayne building and EVERYONE are literally a block away from the ONGOING carnage going on and on for some time and they are still inside the building? come on!..
yeah, bruce needs to call his friend to remind him to get himself and everyone out of there?! really?!...

question 7: no, i think lex said you CAN'T be all powerful and good.. didnt' he say that you can't be a god and all good or be all good and be a God...
like i said the premise of the whole fight and batman's thinking make no sense whatsoever!..

question 10: so superman gets hits by some green K gas and is incapacitated, powerless literally and not able to use any of his superpowers? and literally on his back, getting his butt kicked by batman and yet he can fly with the green k spear and have enough strength to stab it into doomsday? and just moments before he grabbed it under the water this green k spear and was again flat on his back weak by it? RIDICULOUS!...

and don't even get me started on the actual silliness and unbelievability of the fight...

This is a movie where you just grab a beer and look at the pretty colors and have a laugh you know?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #501 on: March 26, 2016, 04:29:20 PM »
just saw it

pretty god if a little slow at times

my son said it was better than age of ultron

Really. I think that it was very fast paced, right from the opening credits. Minimal dialogue scenes.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #502 on: March 26, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »
Lol, its a film about a man who can fly FFS.
lol this.
but did you see man of steel? superman goes to the ship. re watch that part and report back. ;)
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #503 on: March 26, 2016, 05:29:03 PM »
Homos in this thread. Not one comment on sexy that Gadot was. Too skinny to be Wonder Woman but skinny enough for me to wed.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #504 on: March 26, 2016, 06:27:08 PM »
Lol, its a film about a man who can fly FFS.

Lol

Its hilarious just how serious people take this shit.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #505 on: March 26, 2016, 06:40:51 PM »
From the moment I heard afleck was going to be batman I cringed at the thought of this movie.
Seen it yesterday and it was excellent, one of the best of its class ever.  I still don't like afleck but he nailed it, not the best Bruce Wayne ever but still pretty darn good.  Will see it again and will buy the Blue ray for rainy days

The blue ray is the director cut..
It will have a additional 30 minutes and it will be rated R..
I will be buying it...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #506 on: March 26, 2016, 08:11:37 PM »
Homos in this thread. Not one comment on sexy that Gadot was. Too skinny to be Wonder Woman but skinny enough for me to wed.
She was the only good thing about the movie.
A

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #507 on: March 27, 2016, 05:47:36 AM »
Doomsday was utterly ruined in this movie! Why did they have to remake his powers!?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2016, 08:54:05 AM »
(Spoilers across this entire post)

Just saw this yesterday in IMAX 3D and have to agree with MOS here.... This movie was great and made a lot more sense IF you followed the comics.  It's not without its faults but it was still really good.  It truly felt like the comic books came alive

First off Ben Affleck was EXCELLENT as Batman, HE IS BATMAN... Best iteration of Batman on screen yet... Most accurate to the comics.... And for those of you saying he was too bloated... that is indication that you really do not follow the comics.  HE IS MEANT TO BE BLOATED... as per "The Dark Knight Returns" comic and cartoon when he Battled Superman.  That is done intentionally to portray an older "heavier" slower batman (he even says it in the movie "I'm getting slow at my old age")

Same with the reviews saying that Batman was Psychotic.... HE IS MEANT TO BE PSYCHOTIC .... again, as per the comics... Batman/Bruce Wayne is deeply disturbed and has major issues, and anger issues, and parent issues, and this has never really been accurately addressed on screen until now.  If you look at the comics you will think "WHAT THE FUCK THIS GUY HAS SOME SERIOUSLY MAJOR PROBLEMS!"  Batman is a dick in all games, cartoon, comics, and he is finally a dick on screen!
Also - with the dream sequences, very relevant to the comics, and even the Arkham games.... remember in Arkham Asylum when he dreams his parents are zombies!!!  BOOM bitches!!!

Anyways, let me continue with what I think this movie got right

- Loosely based on the Dark Knight Returns but also took some parts from other comics as well and was well executed!  Really felt as though I was watching a comic book on the big screen
- The fighting was awesome, especially that part when Batman broke into that warehouse, it was like the comics or even like the Arkham games.  I wish the fight between Batman and Superman lasted longer :-/
- Wonder Woman was kick ass, loved her role in the movie and the way they got her to fight!
- Loved all the easter eggs and nods to the comics, like emaciated superman after being hit by the nuke JUST LIKE IN THE COMICS!

- Loved the stark contrast between Metropolis and Gotham City... I think Zack Snder compared them to San Francisco vs Oakland!
- Loved the Batcave and the Robin Costume
- Loved the Batmobile
- Loved Batman's voice finally

What I didn't particularly like:

- Not buying Jessie Eisenberg as Luthor AT ALL, even after they shaved his head.... Luther was always an older gentleman with a deeper voice.
- Not buying Henry Cavill as Clark (although moreso than Luthor) - I love him as Superman though!
- Although I loved Wonder Woman, but I wish she was a bit more muscular
- Doomsday was cool and powerful but I wish they saved him for another movie, not combined him into this one!  (But I get why they got Wonder Woman to fight him if you've seen any of the JLA cartoons, you will get it too)
- The mother kidnapping part to get Supes to fight Batman was a bit silly I thought.

Overall though it was a good movie, if you are a TRUE, Batman fan who actually read the comics, you will get it and you will love it!

MOS - I totally understand why you cried :) Totally understand bro!

And come on... this FRAME!!!  RIGHT OUT OF THE COMIC!!!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #509 on: March 27, 2016, 09:04:38 AM »

Just saw this yesterday in IMAX 3D and have to agree with MOS here.... This movie was great and made a lot more sense IF you followed the comics.  It's not without its faults but it was still really good.  It truly felt like the comic books came alive

First off Ben Affleck was EXCELLENT as Batman, HE IS BATMAN... Best iteration of Batman on screen yet... Most accurate to the comics.... And for those of you saying he was too bloated... that is indication that you really do not follow the comics.  HE IS MEANT TO BE BLOATED... as per "The Dark Knight Returns" comic and cartoon when he Battled Superman.  That is done intentionally to portray an older "heavier" slower batman (he even says it in the movie "I'm getting slow at my old age")

Same with the reviews saying that Batman was Psychotic.... HE IS MEANT TO BE PSYCHOTIC .... again, as per the comics... Batman/Bruce Wayne is deeply disturbed and has major issues, and anger issues, and parent issues, and this has never really been accurately addressed on screen until now.  If you look at the comics you will think "WHAT THE FUCK THIS GUY HAS SOME SERIOUSLY MAJOR PROBLEMS!"  Batman is a dick in all games, cartoon, comics, and he is finally a dick on screen!
Also - with the dream sequences, very relevant to the comics, and even the Arkham games.... remember in Arkham Asylum when he dreams his parents are zombies!!!  BOOM bitches!!!

- Loosely based on the Dark Knight Returns but also took some parts from other comics as well and was well executed!  Really felt as though I was watching a comic book on the big screen
- The fighting was awesome, especially that part when Batman broke into that warehouse, it was like the comics or even like the Arkham games.  I wish the fight between Batman and Superman lasted longer :-/
- Wonder Woman was kick ass, loved her role in the movie and the way they got her to fight!
- Loved all the easter eggs and nods to the comics, like emaciated superman after being hit by the nuke JUST LIKE IN THE COMICS!

- Loved the stark contrast between Metropolis and Gotham City... I think Zack Snder compared them to San Francisco vs Oakland!
- Loved the Batmobile

- Not buying Jessie Eisenberg as Luthor AT ALL, even after they shaved his head.... Luther was always an older gentleman with a deeper voice.
- Not buying Henry Cavill as Clark (although moreso than Luthor) - I love him as Superman though!
- Doomsday was cool and powerful but I wish they saved him for another movie, not combined him into this one!  (But I get why they got Wonder Woman to fight him if you've seen any of the JLA cartoons, you will get it too)
- The mother kidnapping part to get Supes to fight Batman was a bit silly I thought.

Overall though it was a good movie, if you are a TRUE, Batman fan who actually read the comics, you will get it and you will love it!

::)
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: March 27, 2016, 09:26:08 AM »
::)

Yeah.... I know its cool to hate on Ben Affleck as Batman....  but I'm not alone in this sentiment, even some professional critics who weren't crazy about the movie share this opinion

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/22/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-review

When we do see Batman, he is absolutely brutal and Affleck really nails it as both the Dark Knight and Bruce Wayne. He’s a physical powerhouse, the dapper playboy, the serious businessman, an obsessive authoritarian, and a relentless detective. Affleck is the best thing about BvS, instantly making the character of Batman his own. He should prove a sturdy anchor for future DC movies (but more on that later).

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: March 27, 2016, 09:33:05 AM »
This could help some of you who aren't TRUE fans!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Complete DC Comics Easter Eggs and Reference Guide
http://www.denofgeek.us/books-comics/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/253977/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-complete-dc-comics-easter-eggs-and-reference-guide

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #512 on: March 27, 2016, 07:44:20 PM »

- Loved the Batmobile

First of all (not first off), Ben "Gay" Affleck was atrocious as Batman, along with any other role he has played as an "actor". Christian Bale's version of Batman was LIGHT YEARS better than that of Ben "Gay" Affleck. Maybe because he could actually ACT.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #513 on: March 28, 2016, 03:07:28 AM »
And this is why this super hero shit genre won't ever die... you gullible fucks crying at a super hero movie

America will never be great again.  :'(
a

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #514 on: March 28, 2016, 07:28:22 AM »
The biggest issue about this film not casting related is that it was a bloated mess in that it spent too much time trying to build storylines for future movies and not just keeping this movie on point of Batman Vs. Superman.  We could have waited to see the other JL members, they could have left out doomsday.  I would have loved to see more cat and mouse games between the two, especially as Bruce Wayne vs. Clark Kent.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2016, 08:01:50 AM »
Snyder said he originally wanted Walter White to play Lex Luther but couldn't really lock it down with Brian

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2016, 08:21:18 AM »
Snyder said he originally wanted Walter White to play Lex Luther but couldn't really lock it down with Brian

Kind of an extreme going with a 50 year old man or a 25 year old kid.  Wasn't there any middle ground?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2016, 08:41:18 AM »
Saw it, thought it was a bit long. Could have been 1.5 hrs long and done just fine.

Affleck looks pretty damn good as Batman. What he doesn't have are great acting skills, but, then again, it's a movie about two weirdos dressing up and defending the city against a mutant creation that ignites a nuclear bomb off of itself. So how much pure acting is needed? Probably very little...

Superman has a bunch of other powers that they could have showcased. Freezing people by blowing at them, X-ray vision and an ability to do other crazy shit like turn back time (see below) could have been displayed.

Wonderwoman should have not been in the movie. She detracted from other shit that was going on and I don't think that her clasping of her wrists together and producing a small sonic boom was truly worth the unveiling of her character.

A young Lex Luthor was probably not a great idea.

My take, I give it a 6/10 and if watched at home, probably would give it at most a 7/10, but no more than that.

"1"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2016, 08:54:17 AM »
NAACP is mad that Superman and Batman are white.  They want a black superman in the Justice League movies.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2016, 09:58:41 AM »
a deleted scene from the movie, will probably be in the Blu-Ray home edition

http://batman-news.com/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-deleted-scene-lex-luthor-alien/

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: March 28, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »
NAACP is mad that Superman and Batman are white.  They want a black superman in the Justice League movies.

Superpowers are eating fried chicken, watermelon, and starting riots. Perfect.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #521 on: March 28, 2016, 11:29:56 AM »
I'm no Superman or Batman fanboy, but I liked this movie and would see it again.

I thought this was funny though    :)

Poor Ben!

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: March 28, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »
Ben asked warner bros if he could keep the bat suit after the movie was wrapped up, they said sure, it will cost you $100,000 to buy it off the studio, he said ok, can i just take some personal pictures with it instead , lol  wonder what kind of pics he took in the batsuit

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #523 on: March 28, 2016, 12:19:22 PM »
a deleted scene from the movie, will probably be in the Blu-Ray home edition

http://batman-news.com/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-deleted-scene-lex-luthor-alien/

Looks more like another dream sequence.  Its good that they removed it or it wouldn't have made sense to most viewers.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #524 on: March 28, 2016, 02:06:09 PM »
Yeah.... I know its cool to hate on Ben Affleck as Batman....  but I'm not alone in this sentiment, even some professional critics who weren't crazy about the movie share this opinion

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/22/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-review

When we do see Batman, he is absolutely brutal and Affleck really nails it as both the Dark Knight and Bruce Wayne. He’s a physical powerhouse, the dapper playboy, the serious businessman, an obsessive authoritarian, and a relentless detective. Affleck is the best thing about BvS, instantly making the character of Batman his own. He should prove a sturdy anchor for future DC movies (but more on that later).
It isn't about being cool. He is a shit actor. Fact.
A