Author Topic: Anybody here deadlift 7 plates  (Read 33286 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Anybody here deadlift 7 plates
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2007, 10:38:11 AM »
If you are doing a strength demo for kids you have to break stuff. They love that. They would rather see you smash some wood with your fist than if you deadlifted a thousand pounds. Pat will bend all these really thick horseshoes and stuff and he will really putting his all into it and the kids cant identify but when that bat snaps and it's loud and the wood goes flying they all scream and yell. It's all about the show biz I guess huh?

;D Agreed. I used to do some stuff with Mike Dayton, a loooong time ago, and the kids would always love to see us break stuff.
a

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »
I couldīnt do that, thats like 300kg isīnt it? Did 280kg x 1 awhile ago. Was always better doing high reps, where iīve done 210kg x 21 reps.

210KG?Thats about 470lbs? You did 21 reps with that?

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2007, 04:15:32 PM »
Yes. Always been a descent deadlifter and benchpresser, but awfull squatter. Iīm embarrassed to say iīve only done 220kg for one rep. I wouldīnt mind switching the deadlift poundage and squat poundage around. But there could be worse things in this world.
MIRAGETROPIN

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »
Yes. Always been a descent deadlifter and benchpresser, but awfull squatter. Iīm embarrassed to say iīve only done 220kg for one rep. I wouldīnt mind switching the deadlift poundage and squat poundage around. But there could be worse things in this world.
why would you be embarassed of a just shy of 500 pound squat?

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »
I think you need to in order to register at getbig.

Here is me deadlifting 430:

My form is a bit shit to say the least, but the truth is, I would have lifted more with proper form.  Now that I actually deadlift properly I can lift more, but still under 500.  Not for long though.

looking good in your avatar matt

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2007, 04:24:58 PM »
HAHA ANYONE REMEMBER THE POWER TEAM?! Those guys came to my school when I was in 8th grade back a few years ago and it was cool as hell watching them blow up hot water bottles, bend rebar, break shit, all of it... If I remember right it was made up of ex football players, the captain was a navy seal, and a few other just big bastards that like to tear shit up!  ;D

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2007, 04:26:31 PM »
Itīs not like a cry myself to sleep about it. But if I can deadlift about 650 I should get up some more weight in squats.
MIRAGETROPIN

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »
HAHA ANYONE REMEMBER THE POWER TEAM?! Those guys came to my school when I was in 8th grade back a few years ago and it was cool as hell watching them blow up hot water bottles, bend rebar, break shit, all of it... If I remember right it was made up of ex football players, the captain was a navy seal, and a few other just big bastards that like to tear shit up!  ;D
yep, big James Henderson was on that thing, one of the very very few LEGITIMATE RAW 700 POUND BENCHERS the world has ever seen, 6'6" 400 pounds.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2007, 05:14:55 PM »
yep, big James Henderson was on that thing, one of the very very few LEGITIMATE RAW 700 POUND BENCHERS the world has ever seen, 6'6" 400 pounds.

Was he one of the monsterous black guys they had?

Jason

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2007, 05:21:28 PM »
Was he one of the monsterous black guys they had?

Jason
far beyond monstrous, arms easily 25-26 inches and absolutely FREAKY shoulder width and thickness, a bigger version of O.D. Wilson if that's even possible.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2007, 04:22:36 AM »
far beyond monstrous, arms easily 25-26 inches and absolutely FREAKY shoulder width and thickness, a bigger version of O.D. Wilson if that's even possible.

Josemiah Klunt was even bigger.

Tinman

• Getbig I
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »
For the guy who is going back and forth with Billy: can you do any of this

compete in bodybuilding

then pull 788 in a meet (not sure if that's the weight in this picture)

then after years of being a 308/SHW go back down and do more bodybuilding shows

?

I trained with Billy on/off for about four years (I was back and forth between home and school) and he taught me a lot of what I know (which is a lot--he's been around).  I wouldn't have listened to a word he couldn't back it up.  As you can see from the pictures, he certainly can back it up.  Not only that, unlike you he's not afraid to put himself out there (meets, shows, pictures/videos on the Internet).

Lastly, about your "You look like you weigh 320 in that video.  So I guess you basically deadlifted twice your bodyweight" comment--that's just ridiculous.  Seven hundred plus pounds is seven hundred plus pounds (I guess I should say "almost eight hundred pounds").  Since you're knocking him, let's hear your numbers.

Keep in mind that I know of at least one instance of going back and forth where he damn near killed himself (cutting water before a bodybuilding show).  So if someone stops me on the street and says, "Hey, who's more hardcore and knows more about lifting weights: Billy or PANDAEMONIUM?", I won't say it's you.  Sorry.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2007, 10:25:03 AM »
So if someone stops me on the street and says, "Hey, who's more hardcore and knows more about lifting weights: Billy or PANDAEMONIUM?", I won't say it's you.  Sorry.

Damn.  Now my life has no meaning.  :'(   ::)

Billy M. has some of the most MONSTROUS quads I have ever seen.  I'd guess he could squat a grand easy.

Tinman

• Getbig I
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »
Wow that's great, but you haven't answered the question.

You're on here knocking him; can you do what he's done?

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2007, 03:02:04 PM »
Wow that's great, but you haven't answered the question.

You're on here knocking him; can you do what he's done?

If I have done the same things, will I be worthy of your love as well? 

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2007, 04:50:54 PM »
epic danesque forehead

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »
If I have done the same things, will I be worthy of your love as well? 

hahah, this clown "tinman" has a whopping two posts and both lick billy mimraw's balls.  Gee, I wonder whose gimmick account it is? ::)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2007, 04:28:58 AM »
Hey little man,I squat 942 in an official meet,not in my mind or in the gym with 6 guys helping me up.Face it little man,Im stronger then ANYONE who posts here and then diet down as an afterthought and compete in bodybuilding.My quads arent big because in powerlifting we use the muscles that squat,glutes,hams,lower back.Incredibly,at a meet,not one judge has ever measured my quads,they only care if I can lift the weight.I could take your max on ANY lift and do it for twenty.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2007, 04:31:13 AM »
Hey little man,I squat 942 in an official meet,not in my mind or in the gym with 6 guys helping me up.Face it little man,Im stronger then ANYONE who posts here and then diet down as an afterthought and compete in bodybuilding.My quads arent big because in powerlifting we use the muscles that squat,glutes,hams,lower back.Incredibly,at a meet,not one judge has ever measured my quads,they only care if I can lift the weight.I could take your max on ANY lift and do it for twenty.

you dont squat. you backlift with those sticks.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2007, 07:19:24 AM »
Is this now a contest about who is strongest on the forum?? Good lifts n all but why brag??? ...

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2007, 10:12:53 AM »

You re stronger than Anyone on this forum!!?? Yes ok! You know that do you! You ve met everyone on this forum have you!! A guy at my gym Delroy Mcqueen, squatted 1016lbs in competition, he posts on here occasionally, i believe 1016 is more than 942.
Theres no doubt you re very strong but dont make an ass of yourself with quotes like "im stronger than anyone on this forum!

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »

You re stronger than Anyone on this forum!!?? Yes ok! You know that do you! You ve met everyone on this forum have you!! A guy at my gym Delroy Mcqueen, squatted 1016lbs in competition, he posts on here occasionally, i believe 1016 is more than 942.
Theres no doubt you re very strong but dont make an ass of yourself with quotes like "im stronger than anyone on this forum!

Don't pay any attention to Mimraw, this clown couldn't lift shit without juicing to the gills.  His massive dosage cycles are pretty well known around the powerlifting community.  The guy's considered a joke by most.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2007, 10:50:41 AM »
Ha,ha,yeah,Im considered a joke,yet Im sponsored by three different companies and am asked to write articles for ELITEFTS as well as magazines.Please,name the powerlifter,not jerkoff getbig a-hole,who thinks Im a joke.Please,name ONE guy who lifts weights IN MEETS who has said this about my lifting.I predict you cant name one.Now,please,post your pics and vids so we can all see what a massive lifter you are.You see,my pics are there,my vids are there,my numbers are there,now lets see guys like yourself,or HEDGEHOG or SQUADFATHER do the same.Or do you guys just sit beind your computers and post.Its pretty easy to knock guys down without ever having to show what you do.What a great forum and what a great talent.Rip everyone,but never actually show what you do.Pretty sad if you ask me.By the way,my steroid use,is again,something that Ive admitted,unlike so many a-holes on here who deny it.I dont think it could even come close to being refered to as massive,in fact,compared to most,its very very conservative.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2007, 10:59:55 AM »
Ha,ha,yeah,Im considered a joke,yet Im sponsored by three different companies and am asked to write articles for ELITEFTS as well as magazines.Please,name the powerlifter,not jerkoff getbig a-hole,who thinks Im a joke.Please,name ONE guy who lifts weights IN MEETS who has said this about my lifting.I predict you cant name one.Now,please,post your pics and vids so we can all see what a massive lifter you are.You see,my pics are there,my vids are there,my numbers are there,now lets see guys like yourself,or HEDGEHOG or SQUADFATHER do the same.Or do you guys just sit beind your computers and post.Its pretty easy to knock guys down without ever having to show what you do.What a great forum and what a great talent.Rip everyone,but never actually show what you do.Pretty sad if you ask me.By the way,my steroid use,is again,something that Ive admitted,unlike so many a-holes on here who deny it.I dont think it could even come close to being refered to as massive,in fact,compared to most,its very very conservative.

None of this changes the fact that you are considered a joke by a LOT of guys on the powerlifting scene.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »
Like I said,name one!!!!You obviously know many guys in the sport[I bet you dont know one]so it should be very easy to come up with a name.Keep in mind though,I will definately contact who you name to make sure your not talking out of your ass.Now,if you say there are guys who think my politics is nuts,then I agree,but I predict you cant name ONE guy who will say my lifting is a joke.I will be waiting.