Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327281 times)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Softball
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »
Womens college softball is the best. I can and do watch it whenever possible.
T

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2011, 06:42:25 AM »
Was on vaca then got rained out on Friday.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2012, 04:49:07 AM »
New season,
destroyed the team we played last night,called after 3 innings.

2 for 3,with a single and a triple.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »
New season,
destroyed the team we played last night,called after 3 innings.

2 for 3,with a single and a triple.
How many foul balls did you hit as the night went on? Grey Goose stepping in.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2012, 06:39:40 AM »
The USSSA league I play in is now providing bats for every team to use.    12 bats, 3 brands / 4 varying weights.

We shall see if the 400+ blasts I've seen are a thing of the past.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2012, 04:14:06 AM »
The USSSA league I play in is now providing bats for every team to use.    12 bats, 3 brands / 4 varying weights.

Our league has just given up policing bats. Anything now goes. I figure not much will change. Maybe less protests at the plate.   ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2012, 04:29:51 AM »
Our league has just given up policing bats. Anything now goes. I figure not much will change. Maybe less protests at the plate.   ;D

Lol, true.  Now run out an get an Ultra 2 or something!

We now have some pitchers who wear almost full catcher's gear on the mound.   It looks ridiculous.

You're in Canada, right?  How are your leagues?   I saw on the G&O you mentioned playing baseball too.  I think that's great.

Y

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2012, 06:39:42 AM »
Lol, true.  Now run out an get an Ultra 2 or something!

We now have some pitchers who wear almost full catcher's gear on the mound.   It looks ridiculous.

You're in Canada, right?  How are your leagues?   I saw on the G&O you mentioned playing baseball too.  I think that's great.

Chimps gets hit in the chin periodically playing shortstop, afterwards to the bar to kill the pain.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2012, 07:40:40 AM »
Lol, true.  Now run out an get an Ultra 2 or something!

We now have some pitchers who wear almost full catcher's gear on the mound.   It looks ridiculous.

You're in Canada, right?  How are your leagues?   I saw on the G&O you mentioned playing baseball too.  I think that's great.
I sold my Miken years ago, 'cause I couldn't use it in the league. It was okay, tho, as I never really got a comfortable feel for it, if you know what I mean. In the bag is an F4, and my trusty search and destroy PST. I try some of the fancy bats at tourneys, but I usually come back to these two.  

We go to some out-of-town tourneys and I've seen the pitcher's all duded up like you say, but those guys are all tanks and can really slam the ball, so I see why they sometimes need it. Those teams take their ball seriously and don't frequent the beer tent like we do.   ;D

Yup. I'm playing in a regular softball/lob ball  league, and I've joined an over-35s, just to see what's what. Lot's of weekend tourneys, as well.

Best of luck to ya! Have fun.    

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »
Chimps gets hit in the chin periodically playing shortstop, afterwards to the bar to kill the pain.
No chin music, but I still have a knee scar that hasn't fully healed from last August!? What the fark is up with that? And, yes, there always a cooler full of frosties, to help with our post-game analyses.    :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2012, 07:51:15 AM »
No chin music, but I still have a knee scar that hasn't fully healed from last August!? What the fark is up with that? And, yes, there always a cooler full of frosties, to help with our post-game analyses.    :)

I played fast pitch for years - bunting, stealing, etc....but since I'm in the suburbs now I'd have to drive 30-40 miles to play.  Just doesn't work, so I play in a 3-10 arc industrial league, and a Sunday morning 6-15 league.

I would love to switch one league for baseball.
Y

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
I played fast pitch for years - bunting, stealing, etc....but since I'm in the suburbs now I'd have to drive 30-40 miles to play.  Just doesn't work, so I play in a 3-10 arc industrial league, and a Sunday morning 6-15 league.

Whats the issue cartilage worn out after all the years or ligament tendon problems? I used to play alot of basketball and with heavy squats and all the jumping wore my cartilage out had to cut the basketball off still I do slow squats though have i no pain unless I do ballistic movements.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
Whats the issue cartilage worn out after all the years or ligament tendon problems? I used to play alot of basketball and with heavy squats and all the jumping wore my cartilage out had to cut the basketball off still I do slow squats though have i no pain unless I do ballistic movements.

No physical issues, just time constraints.  Work/home makes it difficult to commit to that type of commute for a game.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »

Ah, that's real baseball. Kudos. Wouldn't even think about it; I just don't have the speed. Was a game at a softball tourney years back, and I asked the guy besides me who we watching play center field, as he was just was just flat out catching anything in the air. Guy tells me he was in the A's organization somewhere, just in town for a family thingy. Made everyone else look like they were standing still, the difference was that stark. What a beautiful game.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2012, 10:06:33 AM »
Ah, that's real baseball. Kudos. Wouldn't even think about it; I just don't have the speed. Was a game at a softball tourney years back, and I asked the guy besides me who we watching play center field, as he was just was just flat out catching anything in the air. Guy tells me he was in the A's organization somewhere, just in town for a family thingy. Made everyone else look like they were standing still, the difference was that stark. What a beautiful game.

True.   What's amazing is that the guy you were watching was friggin' amazing, yet still not able to play at the MLB level (guessing).   The talent level is completely misunderstood - only 600 good enough out of a pool of 500M+ to be playing at any given time.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
True.   What's amazing is that the guy you were watching was friggin' amazing, yet still not able to play at the MLB level (guessing).   The talent level is completely misunderstood - only 600 good enough out of a pool of 500M+ to be playing at any given time.
Ha! That is exactly what I said to the guy. And I then extrapolated where that would put players like us in the baseball food chain. To the beer tent!       ;D

And that's what most people watching MLB baseball on tv don't get. Those guys make a hard game look easy, when it is far from it, and let's not forget years of practice, and an elite athletic pool.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
Ha! That is exactly what I said to the guy. And I then extrapolated where that would put players like us in the baseball food chain. To the beer tent!       ;D

And that's what most people watching MLB baseball on tv don't get. Those guys make a hard game look easy, when it is far from it, and let's not forget years of practice, and an elite athletic pool.
Just have fun with it dude a good hobby when you cant do any longer just go to the tent and watch. In my teen years I was a great baseball pitcher fastball from hell still got the trophies. But lost interest went to football.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »

Same here but only Easton Synergys 1-26oz,1-27oz,and 2-28oz.

....all will be dead 3/4's through the season :(

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »

Louisville slugger #36 always worked for me.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »

Yes! Synergys is one, Stealth the other, don't know the third.  I did very well with a Synergy last year - bat was balanced, not end heavy, which I like for control.

First game report from 2 other teams is that the bats were jacked.   Our filed averages about 285, (310 for me in RC  >:() ) but the fences on the 285 are 10 feet high, with about 50 more feet of driving range net above that.  The HR stripe is 35 feet up, so it's a good shot.  But I've seen shots clear the entire net (50 ft) at the 300 ft mark, so those are absolute bombs.

Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »

Clever.  Probably the only way you can prevent juiced bats. 

I've retired.   :'(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »
Clever.  Probably the only way you can prevent juiced bats. 

I've retired.   :'(

:(

Why, my friend?
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:19 PM »
:(

Why, my friend?

Haven't had time.  Working and traveling too much.  Life getting in the way. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2012, 01:55:27 PM »
Yes! Synergys is one, Stealth the other, don't know the third.  I did very well with a Synergy last year - bat was balanced, not end heavy, which I like for control.

First game report from 2 other teams is that the bats were jacked.   Our filed averages about 285, (310 for me in RC  >:() ) but the fences on the 285 are 10 feet high, with about 50 more feet of driving range net above that.  The HR stripe is 35 feet up, so it's a good shot.  But I've seen shots clear the entire net (50 ft) at the 300 ft mark, so those are absolute bombs.
Tried a Synergy at a tourney a couple of years ago. It was livid orange and looked like NASA put it together. Stunning. Took a swing and realized the owner farked up a re-grip. Went back to my bats.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2012, 08:35:26 AM »
So we had Synergy (white)/ Stealth and an end loaded Synergy (green).    26-29 oz.

I used the balanced Synergy, 27 oz,  and it was insane.  I hit 4 out last year all season.  Last night hit 3 in my first four AB, although one was called foul (over foul pole, but close) and one was right after we had reached our limit so it was an out.  I'm not an HR hitter - more line drives and placement, with the occasional bomb.  Granted, there was a straight wind to CF and it was chilly, but these bats seemed really good.

All of the line drives in the OF were knuckling back and forth, nothing felt routine.   I played about 10 feet in front of the fence, out of sheer concern for my own well being.
Y