Author Topic: Softball  (Read 327358 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Softball
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
.avg this year?
No idea. I think I've failed to reach base 2x in six games. Fun tourney this Sat. Nothing like swinging for the fences every at-bat, fueled only by Coors Light and hot dogs. By the third game it's like the Blazing Saddles campfire scene in our dugout.    ;D  

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2012, 05:56:49 PM »
Won our second game of the season. WOOT!   

/5-5 for mr nobody. but the last hit was shitty and forced out the runner from 1st.  :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2012, 04:06:15 AM »
Bottom of the last inning tied, first and third, one out.   In my mind, there is nothing I could do to not get the run in.

Slightly outside pitch, easy, opposite field swing, banana line drive glides over the LF's head, one hops the fence...game over....

.....errrr except I got called out for stepping in front of the plate.

Fortunately we won in the next two AB.
Y

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2012, 05:37:11 AM »
Won our second game of the season. WOOT!   

/5-5 for mr nobody. but the last hit was shitty and forced out the runner from 1st.  :-\
Just keep that chin down at shortstop dont get popped in the eye.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Bottom of the last inning tied, first and third, one out.   In my mind, there is nothing I could do to not get the run in.
Slightly outside pitch, easy, opposite field swing, banana line drive glides over the LF's head, one hops the fence...game over....
.....errrr except I got called out for stepping in front of the plate.
Fortunately we won in the next two AB.
Those Mother Fuckers...
In high school.. i played RB and LB... When i would break a long run... that shit was goin on the highlight tape... regardless of the hold call... hahahahaha

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Those Mother Fuckers...
In high school.. i played RB and LB... When i would break a long run... that shit was goin on the highlight tape... regardless of the hold call... hahahahaha

How many TD's was it you scored in one game at Polk High, Al ?  ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
How many TD's was it you scored in one game at Polk High, Al ?  ;D

2....my punk ass coach was a fuckin hater. I didnt clarify.... i didnt play Tail back.. I was a Fullback... Didnt get a lot of carries...So if i broke one... it was because of a hold or a missed tackle.. IF i scored... it was from breaking a long run.

This is me back in the day...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »
2....my punk ass coach was a fuckin hater. I didnt clarify.... i didnt play Tail back.. I was a Fullback... Didnt get a lot of carries...So if i broke one... it was because of a hold or a missed tackle.. IF i scored... it was from breaking a long run.

This is me back in the day...

Thats not Lorenzo Neal.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
Bounced from tourney; lost our first two games. Just too many defensive errors. Batting was okay. 

Negative: Came screaming around second going for third, and fell down like a piece of furniture. Had to scramble  back to second, all farked up.

Positive: Saw our center fielder field a ball at the fence, wheel around, and gun a dead strike to home plate to nail the guy by 10.' Never seen a throw like that. Fark me. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
Bounced from tourney; lost our first two games. Just too many defensive errors. Batting was okay. 

Negative: Came screaming around second going for third, and fell down like a piece of furniture. Had to scramble  back to second, all farked up.

Positive: Saw our center fielder field a ball at the fence, wheel around, and gun a dead strike to home plate to nail the guy by 10.' Never seen a throw like that. Fark me. 

Saw the "negative" was your walker slipping in the mud and the "positive" was what someone else did?  :-\

;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
Saw the "negative" was your walker slipping in the mud and the "positive" was what someone else did?  :-\

;D
LOL

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2012, 11:57:29 PM »

Tough break, Eh?  :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2012, 04:09:03 AM »
Saw the "negative" was your walker slipping in the mud and the "positive" was what someone else did?  :-\

;D
Meh. I could have mentioned my homers or perfect fielding, but that's average. What this guy did made me stop and stare.     ;)

/the fall, on the other hand, was as ungraceful as you could get. no kung-fu roll, that's fer sure.   

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2012, 04:13:10 AM »

Tough break, Eh?  :D
Well, you throw together a team for a tourney and sometimes it works...most times it falters with the weaker players. I lost count on how many I fielded and sent on to the infield only to see the ball get thrown to the wrong bag or over/poorly thrown. I just turn around and get set for the next batter. What are ya gonna do?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2012, 04:26:29 AM »
Drinking...drinking always eases the pain.  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2012, 05:02:53 AM »
Well, you throw together a team for a tourney and sometimes it works...most times it falters with the weaker players. I lost count on how many I fielded and sent on to the infield only to see the ball get thrown to the wrong bag or over/poorly thrown. I just turn around and get set for the next batter. What are ya gonna do?
Right field next to the bar.  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »
Drinking...drinking always eases the pain.  ;D

Right field next to the bar.  ;D

Softball and beer are paired like peanut butter and jelly. What a beautiful game.   ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
Softball and beer are paired like peanut butter and jelly. What a beautiful game.   ;D

Perhaps you are allergic to the peanut butter and partaking too much of the jelly?  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2012, 09:04:51 PM »
Perhaps you are allergic to the peanut butter and partaking too much of the jelly?  ;D
Busted!   :'(          ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »
Another loss. 3-4. Ran into the fence in left going for a foul. Crushed my forearm. Feels all farked up: nerve maybe; maybe the bone. I guess I'll know when I wake up. Where's that Show with my damned walker?    ;D

EDIT: Had slow, controlled workout. Nothing broken, but whatever stuff is between my ulna and radius got its ass handed to it. Next game...SUNDAY,SUNDAY, SUNDAY.    :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »
Another loss. 3-4. Ran into the fence in left going for a foul. Crushed my forearm. Feels all farked up: nerve maybe; maybe the bone. I guess I'll know when I wake up. Where's that Show with my damned walker?    ;D
Sorry dude shit happens...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »
Finally have a game tonight after 3 weeks of rainouts!

....good thing I sprained my ankle on Friday ::) >:(

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:26 AM »
Didn't play because of my ankle >:(

we crushed again.we've played 5 games and run ruled every team.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »
Didn't play because of my ankle >:(

we crushed again.we've played 5 games and run ruled every team.
Bunch of old cripples up in this board. Took 2000mg of Aleve before last night's game. Played fine. Couldn't feel a thing.    ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »
Bunch of old cripples up in this board. Took 2000mg of Aleve before last night's game. Played fine. Couldn't feel a thing.    ;D

My foot is the size of a softball :-X