Author Topic: ECA - I Fucking love you  (Read 11315 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: ECA - I Fucking love you
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2014, 10:55:16 PM »
Alright, interesting. Though we need studies in humans to see what it really does, what doses we may need etc.

Like a study on this says:

studies mean jack shit nowadays, you can get anything to say anything.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2014, 11:07:04 PM »
Alright, interesting. Though we need studies in humans to see what it really does, what doses we may need etc.

Like a study on this says:

Yeah. The only reason the ECA stack has the A in it is because it supposedly "mobilizes fat stores" that's the big anecdotal phrase revolving around aspirin in bodybuilding.

Whether bodybuilders knew that anecdotally or some study 30 years ago indicated as much, I dno, but bodybuilders are obsessed enough about this trivial shit that I usually just believe them. Some shit they do is clearly voodoo but the aspirin thing seems to be a well known thing. Otherwise there would be no reason to have it in a fat burning stack.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2014, 11:11:45 PM »
Yeah. The only reason the ECA stack has the A in it is because it supposedly "mobilizes fat stores" that's the big anecdotal phrase revolving around aspirin in bodybuilding.

Whether bodybuilders knew that anecdotally or some study 30 years ago indicated as much, I dno, but bodybuilders are obsessed enough about this trivial shit that I usually just believe them. Some shit they do is clearly voodoo but the aspirin thing seems to be a well known thing. Otherwise there would be no reason to have it in a fat burning stack.
aspirin clears headaches and anxiety caused by ephedrine and caffeine. Its a must for me, has nothing to do with burning fat.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:43 PM »
aspirin clears headaches and anxiety caused by ephedrine and caffeine. Its a must for me, has nothing to do with burning fat.

Headaches and anxiety from an otc stuffy nose pill and a cup of coffee? Should look into that.

I feel nothing from ECA stack, except maybe excessive sweating, and I add 15mg of Yohimbine HCL to my ECA stack.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2014, 11:21:03 PM »
Headaches and anxiety from an otc stuffy nose pill and a cup of coffee? Should look into that.

I feel nothing from ECA stack, except maybe excessive sweating, and I add 15mg of Yohimbine HCL to my ECA stack.
you take a hand full of ephedrine and do a set of 12 with 500lb on the dealifts, you will get a head ache, trust me. And anxiety is what we call ''the jitters'' everyone gets the jitters on ephedrine, if you don't then you are superman.  :-\

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »

Well, the aspirin part had to with reducing prostaglandin synthesis, there was a proposed mechanism behind the recommendation. The AMPK angle is a new one.
Some study said aspirin potentiated the thermogenic effect of EC and some others said it didn't.

Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1993 Feb;17 Suppl 1:S35-40.
Ephedrine, xanthines and prostaglandin-inhibitors: actions and interactions in the stimulation of thermogenesis.
Dulloo AG.
Author information
Abstract

The pivotal role of the sympathoadrenal system in the defense of le milieu interieur has, in the last 15 years, been extended to include the fat stores-a notion that forms the basis of current strategies for thermogenic stimulation in obesity therapy. The search for effective and safe sympathetic stimulants has been directed at two main levels: (i) the development of novel beta-agonists selective for thermogenesis, and (ii) the evaluation of drugs already in clinical use for other purposes (e.g. ephedrine) which could conceivably increase the release of catecholamines to levels that enhance thermogenesis without significant cardiovascular effects. A re-direction of these strategies seem inevitable because at therapeutic doses, the thermogenic effects of these sympathomimetics seem to be considerably dampened by negative feedback mechanisms that operate both extracellularly (e.g. via adenosine & prostaglandins) as well as inside the cells (via cAMP phosphodiesterases). Such a contention is supported by studies both in man and in animals showing that methylxanthines and aspirin, drugs known to be capable of interfering with these modulators, potentiate the thermogenic effects of ephedrine. Future research aimed at clarifying the types and subtypes of these negative modulators of sympathomimetic-induced thermogenesis and their targeting by more selective antagonists would no doubt be pivotal in providing the safe drug combination with the necessary thermogenic properties to assist the management of obesity

I didn't notice any reduction in anxiety from aspirin. It did seem to increase the kick slightly, perhaps even an increase in the duration of the stimulation.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2014, 01:14:27 AM »