Author Topic: Its Pimping time - should I get a 2007 s class mercedes  (Read 8046 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Its Pimping time - should I get a 2007 s class mercedes
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 02:15:35 AM »
Haha then you're one of the lucky ones and it's the exception not the rule. Go look it up info is all there. My family owned a 94 500E, 97 SL500, 98 c43 amg, and 99S500, out of all those the only reliable one is the 94 500E the rest had countless small to big problems and this is the norm. Aside from those my dad has owned tons of Mercedes. I know friends that have very simliar experiences nothing new, good Mercedes are the diesels ones and most likely up to early 90's

My opinion on Mercedes aside from the amg is that they are overrated cars, S class is cool though but BMW shits on all of them IMO.

It's interesting because I've had exactly the opposite experience.  I'm on the benzworld forum, know people that drive them.  The general opinion is that their electrical systems and transmissions are weak links, but other than that they're solid through the 90's.  My uncle has a late 90's SL that's around 300k miles and absolutely looks and drives like new.

It's not just me, read reviews. 

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 02:24:07 AM »
It's interesting because I've had exactly the opposite experience.  I'm on the benzworld forum, know people that drive them.  The general opinion is that their electrical systems and transmissions are weak links, but other than that they're solid through the 90's.  My uncle has a late 90's SL that's around 300k miles and absolutely looks and drives like new.

I believe you they are out there I would say the newer ones seem pretty good, but time will tell, its a 2011 s550. Keep in mind all of our cars are california cars so good weather year round no ice or salt, well taken care of.

Just to name one recent problem my friend had a 98 S430 I believe car didn't even make 110k miles without trans problems, electrical, engine, etc... Got rid of it got a 04 e55 and no issues, this was last year maybe around march 11. I have a lot of other stories but I guess a lot of mbworld people are lucky lol

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 02:28:07 AM »
Guess what it comes down to is and from my experience and others I know are the mid late 90's mb are hit or miss but the 2000-2006 (estimation before quality went back up) are mainly misses

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 02:36:53 AM »
Guess what it comes down to is and from my experience and others I know are the mid late 90's mb are hit or miss but the 2000-2006 (estimation before quality went back up) are mainly misses

I believe you're right, and my cars were owned by nice old people before me.  Well taken care of.

I just fucking love these old cars, you can't even dent them the bodies are so thick.  That idling/revving sounds so rich.  I've drivin all kinds of other cars and the MB handling blows my minds.  I can circle the interstate on ramp at 90 and the tires hardly squeal, perfectly smooth.        

I'll buy 70's or 80's MB when I come across one. 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:23 AM »
How's it running?  How many kilometers on it?    8)
still running good & like a tank ;)
now about 160,000 kilometers more.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 02:40:38 AM »
still running good & like a tank ;)
now about 160,000 kilometers more.

Yes, like a tank!  I'm going out to flatten some Civics!  8)

the trainer

Re: Its Pimping time
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2012, 06:16:20 AM »
You said one time you have like 15 clients at $70 per = you can't afford it.

Wrong i pull in almost 200k last year from training people, and i save and invest my money this is the first time i am spending 30k on a car all my other cars where under 10k that should give you an idea of how conservative i am with my money.

the trainer

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2012, 06:20:35 AM »
You obviously have no clue about this vehicle & didn't do your homework.

1st generation s550 are junk. Also at $30k you're buying one with around 100,000 miles. If you don't know what that means then you're in for some fun.

I am hoping for the best but if it gets too expensive i will sell it and cut my losses.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2012, 06:44:50 PM »
i got a 2004 e55 too, awesome car, but something breaks all the time.getting rid of it now.too much to list

ill never buy any merc with airmatic again, the new models dont have airmatic anymore, but id never get a new one anyway.

on mbworld, the w211 e55s dont get so good reviews,lol

Yeah those e55's are nice I was pointing out that he was one of the lucky ones with it as sooo many people have issues and like I said it's mostly the 2000-2006 Mercedes, newer ones have quality back up but only time will tell.

Those airmatic system is pretty cool but you're fucked if they break and you're out of warranty. Don't know the cost but I think around 10k or so....

Newer MB use something similar to airmatic I think, but more updated and better, gotta look into it, check out new S class for info