Author Topic: The GOP Needs a Conservative in 2016  (Read 670 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The GOP Needs a Conservative in 2016
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:54:30 AM »
Who should that conservative be?

The GOP Needs a Conservative in 2016
By KEITH KOFFLER January 07, 2014

There are moments in American political history when dissatisfaction with the old order and suspicion—even fear—of its ways presents the opportunity for monumental change.

It happened in 1932 as the nation sank into Depression and voted out the “business of America is business” crowd, installing a leftist plutocrat in the White House instead.

It happened in 1980 when high taxes and inept leadership demanded a steady hand committed to unfettering American entrepreneurship.
And in 2016, it can happen again—as long as Republicans nominate an ideological conservative, ideally with a good dose of charisma—someone who can vividly explain conservative principles to a public that is ready to hear all about it. Ready, because with Obamacare, the left has finally gone too far, and exposed the unworkability and injustice of its program.

Liberals believe their ideology has been vindicated after having finally realized the dream of universal health care under President Barack Obama. But they are like Napoleon in Moscow, sitting atop imaginary spoils while enjoying the mirage of victory. If Republicans do the right thing, they can send their adversaries limping back to Paris, picking off remnants of the defeated battalions along the way.

Obamacare is not just going to be a failure. It will be a grotesque carcass fit for exhibition in a political museum of morbid curiosities, elucidating every single fault that lies with liberalism. It contains every hallmark of failed liberal programs.

Obamacare is an unaffordable government expenditure whose costs will run amok as time progresses; it’s a grand scheme concocted by our intellectual superiors who know what’s best for us but unfortunately can’t quite make the pieces of their intricate creation fit together; it’s a wealth redistribution scheme that reaches even into the pockets of the middle class; it replaces the efficiency of the market with the plodding redundancies of government; it puts determinations about our fates in the merciless hands of government bureaucrats; it coerces individuals to act against their interests and desires; it inflicts collateral damage on businesses large and small and reduces hiring; its regulations, fees and new taxes raise costs for most consumers; it ultimately will harm even those it was designed to help by increasing dependency and destroying the practice of medicine in this country.

As Americans recoil in horror over the next few years, they will simultaneously behold the untenable expansion of the nation’s debt, the looming peril of bankruptcy for Medicare and Social Security and the failure of the economy to expand robustly.

It will be, for Republicans, a most perfect storm.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/01/gop-needs-conservative-in-2016-101863.html#ixzz2ppoDWUm2

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The GOP Needs a Conservative in 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
Rick Perry.   Jeb probably won't run, Rand/Cruz will be attacked by their own party, and the RINOs just can't win the base.

Rick Perry can beat Hilary in 2016.  Word.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
Rick Perry.   Jeb probably won't run, Rand/Cruz will be attacked by their own party, and the RINOs just can't win the base.

Rick Perry can beat Hilary in 2016.  Word.

I know, 57 states, but come on, this guy is senility/dementia if we've ever seen it...

DES MOINES, Iowa — Presidential contender Rick Perry said there are eight Supreme Court justices, not nine, and flubbed Justice Sonia Sotomayor's (SOHN'-ya soh-toh-my-YOR') name in an editorial board meeting at The Des Moines Register.

Perry met with the board Friday. He struggled for six seconds to come up with Sotomayor's name, then initially called the justice "Montemayor." A member of the newspaper's editorial board helped him out with the correct name.

He went on to criticize "eight unelected and frankly unaccountable judges." Nine justices sit on the Supreme Court. They are nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate.

it was team kneepadder that called perry a dumb drunk - and they turned out to be right.

it was team kneepadder that called cain a dumb mess with no crisis mgmt skills - they were right.

it was team kneepadder that called newt an unpredictable pig.... and they'll be proven right.

Perry isn't that smart.  Cain't ego is too big.

newt looks like the grownup on the stage, really. 

mitt just trying to say and do as little as possible and win by default!

GOP voters learned when he's not giving a speech to a friendly audience, he trails off, rambles, gets angry, and gets ourwitted by his opponents.  IMO, this is a terrible precedent.  You'll have a 2016 palin or someone else, saying "I care more about what people on the ground think" and running nothing more than friendly media campaigns to get the nod.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »
just cause he isn't that smart doesn't mean he won't defeat hilary and do a fine job as president.

A president's job is to read speeches and be a cheerleader for the USA to the world and domestically.

The people who do the "actual" thinking are a bunch of bald fat guys spending 12 hours a day reading and consulting and thinking and researching and meeting, etc etc.  They present options and the pres/his advisers choose one.

Seriously, the Prez spends his time shaking hands, throwing beer summits and being symbolic. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »
just cause he isn't that smart doesn't mean he won't defeat hilary and do a fine job as president.

A president's job is to read speeches and be a cheerleader for the USA to the world and domestically.

The people who do the "actual" thinking are a bunch of bald fat guys spending 12 hours a day reading and consulting and thinking and researching and meeting, etc etc.  They present options and the pres/his advisers choose one.

Seriously, the Prez spends his time shaking hands, throwing beer summits and being symbolic. 

Nice post 240.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 11:38:32 AM »

The people who do the "actual" thinking are a bunch of bald fat guys spending 12 hours a day reading and consulting and thinking and researching and meeting, etc etc.  They present options and the pres/his advisers choose one.

Where do you come up with this horse manure??  Democratic Underground?  

So you believe Perry is senile, a dumb drunk, not smart, unable to think on his feet, but he's the best man to be the Republican nominee in 2016?   ::)

You also said this:

Because the vast majority of his money came from big-money donors, not individuals.  This works when they're making their initial bid for a spot at the table, but when they realize he's dumber than Palin excrement, they scatter.

If I spent about five minutes I could probably find another ten quotes of you crapping all over Perry.  

Troll.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 11:46:07 AM »
So you believe Perry is senile, a dumb drunk, not smart, unable to think on his feet, but he's the best man to be the Republican nominee in 2016?

;D

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
preach on brother bum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »
I predict timeout, again, in t-minus 21 days or less.   :)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 12:50:03 PM »
Where do you come up with this horse manure??  Democratic Underground? 

So you believe Perry is senile, a dumb drunk, not smart, unable to think on his feet, but he's the best man to be the Republican nominee in 2016?   ::)

You also said this:

If I spent about five minutes I could probably another ten quotes of you crapping all over Perry. 

Troll.

Dude, perry couldn't name the fucking agnecies of government he wanted to remove, he is stupid. His only job that night was to cogently illustrate his goals and he sounded like a drunken moron.

It's the presidency, this should be the best of the best.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 12:55:17 PM »
I think Perry wasn't allowed to be Perry. the guy has run Texas very well. I have no idea what the hell happened in those debates. Professional politicians don't do what he did.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »
Dude, perry couldn't name the fucking agnecies of government he wanted to remove, he is stupid. His only job that night was to cogently illustrate his goals and he sounded like a drunken moron.

It's the presidency, this should be the best of the best.

He's not stupid.  He's just not a good debater.  Did a horrible job. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »
Cruz=Tough, articulate, principled and will play to win.

Perry is a braindead rino buffoon who has no place in national politics.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »
Perry seems to love whiskey n coke too much, gets confused, and dem TV seems to think its christie, whos a massive sellout.

Paul Walker  cruz   or rand

rand with paul walker VP and cruz for sec state.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 12:22:33 AM »
Perry isn't all that bright.  You know when you're listening to a 140 IQ person... they just speak in a different gear. 

I'm 137... repeated that as a kid and it seems accurate... all the neices & nephews also tested 130 to 145... it's mainly genetics (but we were raised by same 2 people also, ,as they're adopted).  I know a person with a high IQ just listening to them.  They process things and construct sentences at a whole 'nother gear.  They think at higher level... analysis, application up to synthesis & evaluation.  People at 110 (like Perry probably), they stick with knowledge & comprehension, which explains his inability to list his 3 agencies.  A person who had evaluated all 3 agencies himself, and spent time synthesizing solutions for how they'd be disassembled would have zero problem listing how they'd be deconstucted. 

Perry is probably 110, if I had to guess.  Slightly above average, but he's no genius... you know when a person moves that quickly mentally.  Losing his 3rd agency he'd slash... that isn't what you say when you have a massive understanding of all three agencies.

That being said, at 110 IQ (or whatever he is), he would be a fine president.  He's not 90, but he's not 140 either.   

And yes, anyone with a 140 IQ knows what a person at 140 gear is like.  Ambitious, frustrated, driven, irritated by slow others, and all the other gifts and probably greater flaws lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »
Perry isn't all that bright.  You know when you're listening to a 140 IQ person... they just speak in a different gear. 

I'm 137... repeated that as a kid and it seems accurate... all the neices & nephews also tested 130 to 145... it's mainly genetics (but we were raised by same 2 people also, ,as they're adopted).  I know a person with a high IQ just listening to them.  They process things and construct sentences at a whole 'nother gear.  They think at higher level... analysis, application up to synthesis & evaluation.  People at 110 (like Perry probably), they stick with knowledge & comprehension, which explains his inability to list his 3 agencies.  A person who had evaluated all 3 agencies himself, and spent time synthesizing solutions for how they'd be disassembled would have zero problem listing how they'd be deconstucted. 

Perry is probably 110, if I had to guess.  Slightly above average, but he's no genius... you know when a person moves that quickly mentally.  Losing his 3rd agency he'd slash... that isn't what you say when you have a massive understanding of all three agencies.

That being said, at 110 IQ (or whatever he is), he would be a fine president.  He's not 90, but he's not 140 either.   

And yes, anyone with a 140 IQ knows what a person at 140 gear is like.  Ambitious, frustrated, driven, irritated by slow others, and all the other gifts and probably greater flaws lol.

Now this is the funniest thing I've read all day.  But it's early.  lol

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 05:43:42 PM »

::)

All this time, who knew that you were a gifted IQ analyst and forensic psychologist that makes his living designing websites at $100 a pop. Must be the weak economy.