Author Topic: Fantasy Football Thread 2010  (Read 21139 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Fantasy Football Thread 2010
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2010, 05:49:49 AM »
I agreed when I first looked at it...

then I started seeing things like brady not helping the guys team very much, him not being in the playoffs, it being submitted the day after brady missed a practice due to a sprained foot it just doesnt make sense to me...

we charge 5 bucks for trades so a team that will not make the playoffs logically wouldnt trade for anyone b/c he would just be paying extra money to not make playoffs...

just seemed very fishy to me...

Yeah.  It sounds a little fishy.  It could also just be a dumb trade. 

I see your point on paying 5 bucks, although you could argue that every team should compete until the season is over, regardless of whether they're making the playoffs. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2010, 06:14:23 AM »
The only thing that "might" make it legit is if you guys carry over playes to next season.  Brady is still a good name recognition and could command trade value.  I wouldn't trade Gore for him, but thats just me.

I'm in a league where we all have known each other for years, but there are 3 brothers in it that you have to keep an eye on. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »
Titans defense against the Miami Dolphins OR Eagles D at Washington?

I'm leaning towards the Titans coming off a bye week. I'm thinking the Eagles might be due for a letdown against a division rival, coming off a big win.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »
Titans defense against the Miami Dolphins OR Eagles D at Washington?

I'm leaning towards the Titans coming off a bye week. I'm thinking the Eagles might be due for a letdown against a division rival, coming off a big win.
I think I would go titans, they put up a butt load of points in our league

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2010, 03:20:31 PM »
When I first read it I thought it was fine.

But, now that the Gore guy is out, what is the purpose of the trade?  Do you still make $ for high score of the week, because that is the only reason for a team like that to make a trade.

If not, I have to admit it sounds like collusion.
that was my main point too, you dont get any money unless you finish top 3 so if he was able to make the playoffs Id say alright but he is out of the playoffs. There is no point to continue to add/drop players b/c we charge for that or trade since we charge for that as well...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »
Yeah.  It sounds a little fishy.  It could also just be a dumb trade. 

I see your point on paying 5 bucks, although you could argue that every team should compete until the season is over, regardless of whether they're making the playoffs. 
that was the argument the guy getting gore was saying but...at the same time the guy giving up gore lost more potential points than he gained...

his qb flacco had only 10pts less on the season than brady and after this week will probably have more. So it was a lateral move qb wise but he was giving up a star RB in order to not gain much if any in a starting qb?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
The only thing that "might" make it legit is if you guys carry over playes to next season.  Brady is still a good name recognition and could command trade value.  I wouldn't trade Gore for him, but thats just me.

I'm in a league where we all have known each other for years, but there are 3 brothers in it that you have to keep an eye on. 
we never have but have talked about doing so next season, nothing has been finalized though. Also this is the first season the guy thats not making playoffs and giving up gore has played. To be honest I really dont see him playing again next season he is 2 and 7 right now...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »
we never have but have talked about doing so next season, nothing has been finalized though. Also this is the first season the guy thats not making playoffs and giving up gore has played. To be honest I really dont see him playing again next season he is 2 and 7 right now...

You guys should give the carry over league a shot.....I have played in seasonal in the past and carry over is much better....alot of seasonal is just getting lucky in the draft, where carry over you kinda build a team.....we protect a certain number and then draft from all the FA's plus rookies.  I ended up getting TO in the 1st rd of our draft as the other guys took rooks......guess who is in first place?  ;D

Seasonal guys just seem to lose interest.  We have had to replace a few owners over the years, but the league was started before you could even sign-up for online....we refer to it as the old AFL days, we used to calculate it by hand on Tuesdays.....hahaha.....  The carry-over gives guys the chance to just make that one good trade or to hit it big in the draft with a high pick the next season.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
Santonio Holmes at Cleveland or Hines Ward at home against NE?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2010, 11:22:02 AM »
Santonio Holmes at Cleveland or Hines Ward at home against NE?
NE will take it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2010, 04:51:59 PM »
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

I rarely play matchups,  under that assumption that the players will get their numbers, but I can't pick who they get it against.

BUT, I thought Mario Manningham had a good one with S Smith out, so I started him.  He had 91 yds and a TD.  But I replace Bowe, who had 184 and 2 TD.   Bowe was supposed to be shut down by Bailey.

Cost me 17 points.  Now I trail by 20 with Mendenhall and Philly's D against S Moss.  I have a small chance, but cost myself high score of the week, most likely the game, and potential playoff spot.  SHIT SHIT SHIT.
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2010, 06:05:06 PM »
The sorry ass Giants defense killed me !!!!!!  I have Vick left, but he's gonna have to be a monstah !!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »
LOL i got saved by rapelisburger and mike wallace they combined to give me over 45 points and a 10 point win this week.

I thought I was screwed going into the night game and had all but stopped watching the game to study when they started scoring again.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2010, 08:23:58 AM »
VICK !!!! He saved my butt.....funny thing I was down by 33 pts going into the game and the other guy had Macklin, Celeck and S. Moss starting, I thought I had no chance....wow.....and to think I picked him up as a free agent !!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »
VICK !!!! He saved my butt.....funny thing I was down by 33 pts going into the game and the other guy had Macklin, Celeck and S. Moss starting, I thought I had no chance....wow.....and to think I picked him up as a free agent !!!

Congrats dude.

I probably threw out my season in one of my leagues by starting Jacobos over BJGE, dropping Heath Miller in favor of Dressen, and the whole Manningham over Bowe fiasco.   Any one of those moves changed and I'm tied for first.  Now I'm in the middle of a league with ridiculous parity.  FUCK.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »
thinking about snagging a qb for this week...kitna or hill? they play each other...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2010, 04:50:20 PM »
All I needed was McNabb to not throw a pick six, and I win (facing Eagles D).   >:(  Lost by two points. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2010, 05:16:24 AM »
thinking about snagging a qb for this week...kitna or hill? they play each other...

I'd go with Kitna.  The Cowboys might turn it around and they have so many weapons on offene.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »
I'd go with Kitna.  The Cowboys might turn it around and they have so many weapons on offene.

Its a shame Billy Kilmer isnt around anymore he could get the job done with those flopping throws (no spiral) but always on target.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2010, 07:09:43 AM »

True, but Hill has Megatron.  That's tough to pass up.
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2010, 09:26:06 AM »
True, but Hill has Megatron.  That's tough to pass up.

CJ is awesome, but i think Dallas has a better chance of slowing him down than the Det defense does slowing down Kitna an Co.  It's not an easy choice though.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
ok kitna or big ben rapelisburger?

i think kitna could go off and ben just got lucky last week b/c the pats didnt even try in the 4th quarter...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »
ok kitna or big ben rapelisburger?

i think kitna could go off and ben just got lucky last week b/c the pats didnt even try in the 4th quarter...

I didn't know you had raplisburger.  You should just keep him in the rest of the year.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2010, 05:39:05 PM »
I didn't know you had raplisburger.  You should just keep him in the rest of the year.
rapelisburger had another good game kitna actually would have got me like .5 more points but thats ok rapelisburger was the safer pick...

Kitna does have a good match up first week of play offs playing indy which could be a shoot out and ben is playing the ravens so I may use him that week.

Ive done pretty well moveing into at worst a 2 way tie for 2nd hopefully a 3 way tie for 1st.

still not a lock to get in just yet but I think im a 90% lock for a spot in the playoffs.

how are you guys doing?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2010, 05:01:03 AM »
I got HAMMERED this week.....nobody on my team did anything and it seemed like a huge week for everybody else.  Good news is the guy I was tied for 1st with lost also, so still tied for 1st.