Author Topic: Open challenge  (Read 9696 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Open challenge
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 03:16:02 PM »
I just started Westside style on October 14th after 15 years of all the others. So put me down as the Westside Experiment. I'll keep it intense brothers, AAHHHRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA you haven't updated your log in awhile bro! I thought you were all about BRINGING THE PAIN!!!!  ;D

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 04:47:01 PM »
HAHA you haven't updated your log in awhile bro! I thought you were all about BRINGING THE PAIN!!!!  ;D

I'll keep bringing it, need some inspiration to put it on paper again, keep your eyes out, I'll update soonAAHHRRRR!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 02:16:33 AM »
Just thought id say that i will be doing HST in conjunction with a cutting diet.

I know this is the training board, but what about a simple low carb-high protein diet and throw in a couple of high carb days in there every so often? I just want something simple and effective, and low carb seems to be pretty popular.
No doubt about it...

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 10:10:59 AM »
Just thought id say that i will be doing HST in conjunction with a cutting diet.

I know this is the training board, but what about a simple low carb-high protein diet and throw in a couple of high carb days in there every so often? I just want something simple and effective, and low carb seems to be pretty popular.
I would go for it, it will certainly help ramp up the metabolism.  Feel free to include diet.  Perhaps that could be one way to help rate the effectiveness. 
Squishy face retard

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »
I still need more time to find my normal training groove but this is a great thread idea and I for one will be watching everyones results etc :).

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »
Since Nov. 1 is tomorrow, is everybody still on for this?  I'll be posting pics, measurements, lifts in the morning.  Who else?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »
I think ill still give it a go. I wont be able to start till Monday (5th). Pics may take a bit longer though.
No doubt about it...

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 10:58:27 AM »
Got my pics and measurements taken.  Just forgot everything at work so I'll upload it all on Saturday.  Did my first full-fledged blood & guts workout for chest/biceps/abs yesterday, and I'm sore as shit.  I'll start a new thread over on the training log side for more details.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 04:52:00 AM »
  Got my 1 workout in...now it's time to rest and grow. Talk to ya again in December.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2007, 05:23:33 AM »
  Got my 1 workout in...now it's time to rest and grow. Talk to ya again in December.
Hows that system workin out for you? Might wanna cut it back to every 6 weeks, you know, to prevent overtraining.
No doubt about it...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2007, 05:36:47 AM »
Hows that system workin out for you? Might wanna cut it back to every 6 weeks, you know, to prevent overtraining.

you might be right...I would hate to be in a catabolic state. :(

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2007, 07:47:07 PM »
Well i start HST and my cutting diet tomorrow. Took a while to write out the HST program due to the fact that you have to know all your weights you will be working with, but its done and am very keen to start it. Ill post up measurements and stats soon, as for pics, might take a bit longer. Anyway, good luck to everyone who is starting/already started their new training.
No doubt about it...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2007, 05:23:43 PM »
Took pics today, relaxed from front and back and some "mandatories". Will be keeping these to myself ;D

I did some measurements abt 2 weeks ago, but I will be taking more tomorrow.
follow the arrows

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007, 08:25:14 AM »
sorry guys, I'd be down to try this with you all, but I'll be headed back home in a little over a month and a half, and it will take another months and a half to get home.  access to a gym is going to be sparatic, and I will have constant changing of equipment due to different gyms at different fobs and bases.

If you ever do it again i'll be down for it.
you suck at life...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2007, 08:40:54 AM »
I'm going ot do the westside template until this is over for now. I love it and it was time for a change. In the process, I'm going to gun for the texas state record raw deadlift in the spring at the texas state meet!

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 12:19:43 PM »
Just posted my first week of training over on the training log board, if anyone's interested.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
How's everybody else doing with their programs so far?  Almost 2 weeks into mine and making good strength gains so far.  Working on staying consistent with a good offseason diet as well, which should help a ton.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 10:18:23 PM »
Surprisingly tough. Just finished the 1st week, so at the end of next week i will be doing all 10 reps instead of 15 reps for 2 weeks, then after that down to 5 reps. When you use such lightweight but use really strict, controlled form, it is a lot harder than you think. I mean lat raises with 15lb dumbbells doesn't sound too tough, but when you really focus on using the delts to lift them, it surprisingly tough. All in all good though, looking forward to the 5 rep weeks. Id recommend it for someone wanting a change from the typical workouts.
No doubt about it...

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2007, 04:10:11 PM »
Halfway through Week 3 and this is kicking my ass.  I never realized how much I cut my sets short when I hit a certain number before, as opposed to going to complete failure.  I'm progressing faster than I think I have in a loooooooooooong time, which is good because I've been stuck at some shitty numbers for a while now.  Already gained about 2 1/2 lbs as of this morning, although I'm sure some of that's a little bit of extra water.  I'm going to try to go through the first 4 weeks with just standard sets, and then add in drop sets and rest-pause reps the last 8 weeks.  No forced reps here unfortunately, as I work out alone.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2007, 06:26:34 PM »
Unfortunately i've come down with a stomach bug, so have missed the last week and a half of training and diet. Very frustrating, but hey thats life.

The only good news is that because i'm sick and haven't been eating much, ive lost 2 inches of my waist. :D
Anyway, hopefully by monday ill be back to normal and can get back into the diet and training.

How are all you guys finding your programs so far?
No doubt about it...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2007, 06:29:28 PM »
Ive been fcvked cuz of school, I loose!  >:(
follow the arrows

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 09:33:49 PM »
I'll do it, but only if I can bend the rules just slightly.  I'd like to do a mix of Arthur Jones HIT and Yates/Mentzer Heavy Duty.  So basically full body workouts for a period of time and then split workouts for a period of time.  Not 3 months each.  I'll be honest and dilligent about recording all of it down, if it's permissable. 
  Thing is, I just started working out again after a LONG lay off, and I am going to grow for a while no matter what I do, so I don't know how great of an indicator I'll be.  I still really want to do it though.  Let me in?

ps.  I'll still be eating all raw of course.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2007, 06:59:02 AM »
I'll do it, but only if I can bend the rules just slightly.  I'd like to do a mix of Arthur Jones HIT and Yates/Mentzer Heavy Duty.  So basically full body workouts for a period of time and then split workouts for a period of time.  Not 3 months each.  I'll be honest and dilligent about recording all of it down, if it's permissable. 
  Thing is, I just started working out again after a LONG lay off, and I am going to grow for a while no matter what I do, so I don't know how great of an indicator I'll be.  I still really want to do it though.  Let me in?

ps.  I'll still be eating all raw of course.
I don't see why not. Both are facets of HIT, just different body splits.  So would you do 6 weeks full body and 6 weeks Yates split?
Squishy face retard

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »
Something like that...but the point is, I keep track of whatever I did, so however many weeks of whatever it turned out to be, it'd all be on paper anyway.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 02:37:16 AM »
Looking forward to tomorrow, first time back in the gym in 3 weeks (been busy with shit and then got pretty sick). So starting tomorrow, back to training and diet (cutting), only problem, like most ppl, this is a pretty busy time of year, but will try to stay consistent as best i can.

I'm loving HST, how you guys finding your training?
No doubt about it...