Author Topic: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER 1974  (Read 9734 times)

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER 1974
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER 1974
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:52:45 AM »
thats how a bodybuilder should look,,,,,,,, cant help but be impressed, much more impressive than the bloated insulin look of today, big sponge muscles,,,,,

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »
thats how a bodybuilder should look,,,,,,,, cant help but be impressed, much more impressive than the bloated insulin look of today, big sponge muscles,,,,,

Agreed, Arnold was in tip top shape all the time, no off season...
Because back then, they took AAS all the time, and never stopped.
Most are all show no go!

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
Arnold was a master of the twisting poses. He could really hide his somewhat wide waist.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 10:39:25 AM »
yep,, real hard earned steroid muscle....... im turning very anti slin

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »

July 1975 IronMan had an article, I Watched Arnold Train by John Balik and he stated that "Arnold uses no steroids during the building stage. He feels their usefulness to just before- 6 to 8 weeks -the big contest.

A reprint of the article can be seen in the November 2004 issue of IronMan.

Hope this helps.  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 11:50:59 AM »
there are many old arnold off season and soft,smaller version of himself from mid to late seventies,especially retired yrs till 80 comeback.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »

Not true Arnold always came off , plenty of pics of him very light , check this one out

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 02:10:42 PM »
July 1975 IronMan had an article, I Watched Arnold Train by John Balik and he stated that "Arnold uses no steroids during the building stage. He feels their usefulness to just before- 6 to 8 weeks -the big contest.

A reprint of the article can be seen in the November 2004 issue of IronMan.

Hope this helps.  ;D

Yes i'm sure he did  ;)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:09:33 AM »
i remember bill grant telling me the same thing 15 years ago when i trained with bill,it was an honor for me to train with a legend from the pumping iron days.he said arnold would take a month or so off after the olympia and relax,no steroids till around 90 days before the olympia.bill said arnold used primobolan alot,bill said the reason he did them 90 days before the olympia was the dieting and intense double training sessions where very catabolic compared to off season eating and training once a day,according to arnold.the primo helped keep his muscle full while cutting back on carbs bill said,i used to ask bill millions of questions about them pumping iron days,i couldnt get enough of the stories.bill told me him and arnold where doing legs together one day,bill said he out did arnold on squats that day and arnold got pissed off and told bill,(you will never out squat me again bill).sure enough,arnold came back the following leg session 5 days later and creamed bill on squats,arnold hated to lose in anything bill said.listening to bill talk about the pumping iron days was totally awesome for me,here i am a huge arnold and bodybuilding fan hearing first hand stories from a man who was right in the mix of it all,it was a great experiance for me hearing about those days,bills a great guy himself and never had a bad word to say about anyone back then.i miss training with bill and hearing the stories,he taught me the routines him and arnold used to do when they trained together,arnold loved to do flat bench presses supersetted with chins to the front,incline bench presses supersetted with bent over barbell rows,dumbell flyes supersetted with low pulley rows and cable crossovers supersetted with T bar rows.i got all the routines written down somewhere in my journals
R

Superboy Prime

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 02:20:40 AM »
King of Kings...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »
steroids for a finishing touch............. please dont tell me people still beleive this?..surely not!

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »
Rick Wayne said on a tv program a few years back that what Arnold was on would more or less like not being on anything these days, he stated how much but that i cant remember.

Superboy Prime

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »
steroids for a finishing touch............. please dont tell me people still beleive this?..surely not!

But it's obvious that Arnold would always come off.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »
yep,,, i think he came off in the late 90's.... please dont be fooled by the fairy tails about the good old days by the old timers

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »
i remember bill grant telling me the same thing 15 years ago when i trained with bill,it was an honor for me to train with a legend from the pumping iron days.he said arnold would take a month or so off after the olympia and relax,no steroids till around 90 days before the olympia.bill said arnold used primobolan alot,bill said the reason he did them 90 days before the olympia was the dieting and intense double training sessions where very catabolic compared to off season eating and training once a day,according to arnold.the primo helped keep his muscle full while cutting back on carbs bill said,i used to ask bill millions of questions about them pumping iron days,i couldnt get enough of the stories.bill told me him and arnold where doing legs together one day,bill said he out did arnold on squats that day and arnold got pissed off and told bill,(you will never out squat me again bill).sure enough,arnold came back the following leg session 5 days later and creamed bill on squats,arnold hated to lose in anything bill said.listening to bill talk about the pumping iron days was totally awesome for me,here i am a huge arnold and bodybuilding fan hearing first hand stories from a man who was right in the mix of it all,it was a great experiance for me hearing about those days,bills a great guy himself and never had a bad word to say about anyone back then.i miss training with bill and hearing the stories,he taught me the routines him and arnold used to do when they trained together,arnold loved to do flat bench presses supersetted with chins to the front,incline bench presses supersetted with bent over barbell rows,dumbell flyes supersetted with low pulley rows and cable crossovers supersetted with T bar rows.i got all the routines written down somewhere in my journals

Pretty cool stuff.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 03:46:20 PM »
Check out those monstrous forearms

Team Yates

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 03:48:43 PM »
Check out those monstrous forearms

They're not monstrous.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 11:41:19 PM »
arnold was the master at weight reduction/weight gain,when he did the movie stay hungry with sally feilds and jeff bridges i believe,arnold was asked to lose like 30 lbs or so,they wanted him leaner.he did the movie 30 lbs lighter then bam,put the muscle right back on for the olympia a short time after and won.muscle memory and alittle primobolon did the trick for the oak putting the muscle back on ;)and carb and overall calorie cutting and cardio melted him down nice and lean and mean for the movie
R

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 01:03:40 AM »

I also trained with Bill for a few months in 1980. When I trained with Danny Padilla however, he had trained with Arnold prior and we did all the same routines that Danny did with Arnold.
and keep moving!