Author Topic: It's time to settle this once and for all.....  (Read 16191 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: It's time to settle this once and for all.....
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2007, 08:40:17 PM »
I gotta tell you jeff, you and I are kindred spirits. I have the same exact thoughts as what you write. I'll look at someone with crazy, thick traps for instance, and i think "how does he set his body and mind up to hit them so well?" what's he doing that I'm not? And I'll go to the gym with a mental picture of Those traps in my mind and try and hit them in a new way. I'm not naive as i realize genetics are KING, but I also believe that mentally connecting to your muscles is one of the things that separate the men from the boys.
very true dude,,,,u can't hit every time ,but at least 75 pct of ur wk workouts would be cool.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »
Levrone

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »
I gotta tell you jeff, you and I are kindred spirits. I have the same exact thoughts as what you write. I'll look at someone with crazy, thick traps for instance, and i think "how does he set his body and mind up to hit them so well?" what's he doing that I'm not? And I'll go to the gym with a mental picture of Those traps in my mind and try and hit them in a new way. I'm not naive as i realize genetics are KING, but I also believe that mentally connecting to your muscles is one of the things that separate the men from the boys.

Exactly.  Gary Strydom once told me "genetics start here," as he gestured, pointing to his mind.  Think about it.  I think we actually have quite a bit of volitional control over what develops and how.  Kevin's physique resulted not from what I'd describe as genetics, but more like attitude.  Arnold's physique was an attitude.  It's a way of thinking that manifests itself in your physical form.  I've come to hold beliefs like this very confidently.  I also believe that things like music and chemicals open up pathways through which we can actually change our physiology and resulting physical form.  It's the only sort of thing that could explain Kevin's "genetic" response to training.  I believe that he was a phenomenal dreamer.  I'm sure the stories we've heard about him locking himself in his room for days and days on end on some mind trip during contests preps are true.  Like I picture him onstage as being fresh out of a 3 month long MIND TRIP.  Cormier said that every time at around 8 weeks out he figures that Kevin must have just thrown away his phone because nobody anywhere could get in touch with him.  He'd basically just pull about a 12-16 week "Major Tom" on everybody.  Kinda like what Dorian did, too, prior to the 93 Olympia...it probably just wasn't as colorful. 

Oh and thanks for the props Groink.  That's cool, I know you feel me.       

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
glad gary wasn't pointing to his toupee or plugs

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »
glad gary wasn't pointing to his toupee or plugs

LOL  ;D

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »
just putting my vote in. kevin wins hands down ;D
there's no magic pills... just needles

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
I vote Levrone, even though I can't stand him either.

and why is that?

oh I vote Levrone 8)

E
E

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:13 PM »
Yeh Kevin has easily got this. Old oil bag nasser cant touch him.
No doubt about it...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2007, 09:25:06 PM »
These are two of the sickest shots I've ever seen .

sick as in "I want to throw up"

E
E

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2007, 09:26:37 PM »
Let me be the first one to bring this up:

As far as Shawn Ray was concerned, it was Shawn VS. Dorian.  But as far as Kevin was concerned, he liked his own look so much I don't think he even cared about anything else lol.  For instance, he would sometimes take as long as 30 seconds to wind up before hitting a pose just to watch himself in the big screen televisions at the contest arena LOL.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »
ND

thanks for posting the awesome pics but why did you not participate in the annual Levrone Pic Bonanza?

E
E

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2007, 09:42:30 PM »
ND

thanks for posting the awesome pics but why did you not participate in the annual Levrone Pic Bonanza?

E

He was waiting for this....... "the brawl for it all" ;D

Earl I know you gotta have those screen shots of a bald Levrone posing in the gym. Those are unbelievable.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2007, 09:46:55 PM »
Here, I found it.   ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2007, 09:50:37 PM »
He was waiting for this....... "the brawl for it all" ;D

Earl I know you gotta have those screen shots of a bald Levrone posing in the gym. Those are unbelievable.

i'll find them

here's the vid 8)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »
Here, I found it.   ;D

he's even amazed by himself :)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2007, 09:55:28 PM »
nasser was never a rock star 8)

E

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2007, 10:05:54 PM »
he's even amazed by himself :)

E

He was brushing it off there. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »
ND

E

he was too busy getting completely owned on the truce thread..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2007, 10:07:52 PM »
I don't find the shot of levrone flexing his bis above all that impressive - mainly because his bis weren't that great..his genetic shape for bis sort of killed him in this area.

BUT the shot of him flexing his TRIS is CRAZY! :o

Like I said, Kevin would take Nasser El Nobaty.
Flower Boy Ran Away

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2007, 10:13:19 PM »
I fucken love spaghettios.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2007, 10:15:32 PM »
Exactly.  Gary Strydom once told me "genetics start here," as he gestured, pointing to his mind.  Think about it.  I think we actually have quite a bit of volitional control over what develops and how.  Kevin's physique resulted not from what I'd describe as genetics, but more like attitude.  Arnold's physique was an attitude.  It's a way of thinking that manifests itself in your physical form.  I've come to hold beliefs like this very confidently.  I also believe that things like music and chemicals open up pathways through which we can actually change our physiology and resulting physical form.  It's the only sort of thing that could explain Kevin's "genetic" response to training.  I believe that he was a phenomenal dreamer.  I'm sure the stories we've heard about him locking himself in his room for days and days on end on some mind trip during contests preps are true.  Like I picture him onstage as being fresh out of a 3 month long MIND TRIP.  Cormier said that every time at around 8 weeks out he figures that Kevin must have just thrown away his phone because nobody anywhere could get in touch with him.  He'd basically just pull about a 12-16 week "Major Tom" on everybody.  Kinda like what Dorian did, too, prior to the 93 Olympia...it probably just wasn't as colorful. 

Oh and thanks for the props Groink.  That's cool, I know you feel me.       

it's an american thing to think that it all "starts up here." to think that if I can dream it, I can do it . . . and even through strydom's s african by birth, he chose the american way.

there's no doubt that the mind is powerful, but it's easy to believe when your body is geared to give you results.

there are certain phsyiological limits that cannot be transcended . . .

but there's a lot of variation physiologically (which the adonis crew never gets) . . .

there are people like michael lockett and randy moss and yes, even bo jackson

to put it another way, you could have a decent talent for music and practice/study it all day every day for a lifetime and still never be able to "get" music the way a six year old beethoven/mozart could.

the six year old beethoven wasn't thinking mind over matter. the six year old is just surfing on a wave of talent unimaginable to the average human being.

and the six year old develops a faith in his capabilities that undergirds the production of a ninth symphony when deafness should have prevented it.  that faith in oneself is not a triumph of will, it is just the way things are.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2007, 10:19:23 PM »

Well, look, it's "babyballs" aka Queefy Slug here to stalk me again.  A little pissed, are we, that your lame ass gimmick account got thrown into time out? ;)

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2007, 10:20:26 PM »
Well, look, it's "babyballs" aka Queefy Slug here to stalk me again.  A little pissed, are we, that your lame ass gimmick account got thrown into time out? ;)
Why would i be angry? It wasn't mine to begin with. You are thinking to hard about this.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2007, 10:22:36 PM »
it's an american thing to think that it all "starts up here." to think that if I can dream it, I can do it . . . and even through strydom's s african by birth, he chose the american way.

there's no doubt that the mind is powerful, but it's easy to believe when your body is geared to give you results.

there are certain phsyiological limits that cannot be transcended . . .

but there's a lot of variation physiologically (which the adonis crew never gets) . . .

there are people like michael lockett and randy moss and yes, even bo jackson

to put it another way, you could have a decent talent for music and practice/study it all day every day for a lifetime and still never be able to "get" music the way a six year old beethoven/mozart could.

the six year old beethoven wasn't thinking mind over matter. the six year old is just surfing on a wave of talent unimaginable to the average human being.

and the six year old develops a faith in his capabilities that undergirds the production of a ninth symphony when deafness should have prevented it.  that faith in oneself is not a triumph of will, it is just the way things are.

I know exactly what you're saying.  It's not a challenge for them to do it, it's just what they do and love every minute of it.