Author Topic: a_ahmed  (Read 12801 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: a_ahmed
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 10:04:48 PM »
AVXO- are you homosexual?  (serious question)

No. (serious answer)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »

its not christianity that the problem, its wacky christians
its not islam thats the problem, its wacky muslims

In some basic sense you are absolutely right: Christians and Muslims kill people, not ideas (which I take religions to be complexes of). But in another important sense, the ideas that constitute religions are a problem to the extent that they cause people to behave in certain ways, just like the ideas of Nazism are a problem to the extent that they cause people who believe in them to act rather nastily towards Jews.

So really it's an error and all-around cheap tactic to absolve religions themselves of any responsibility for the woes of the world caused by their followers, since once we take a step back in the causal chain we see that religious ideas are often the force causing them to behave that way.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 05:00:16 AM »
Assmed... Mohammed was a pedophile. Hope this helps. And oh yeah ever gone answer why your girlfriend has to get her education in Canada since you go on about how great the ME is and how you want to go back? Why can't she get her education over there?

Nick, you REALLY ARE thick. That is such a stupid question.

He lives in Canada. He works in Canada. Is he supposed to give up his job, and they their home, so she can get an education in ME, all to prove to you he is not afraid of living there, ...or of the prospect of his wife getting an education there?  :o

When it comes to female education, most parts of the ME are nothing like Afghanistan.

That's as ridiculous as saying a Canadian living in Texas is going to fly back to Canada and stay for 6 months simply in order to qualify for a routine checkup at no out-of-pocket cost.  ::)
w