Author Topic: Cop Killer Feared Gun Confiscation  (Read 1948 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Cop Killer Feared Gun Confiscation
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:01 AM »
Nonsense.  Nothing of what you say is true.  You're pushing phantom stories.

READ BELOW FROM TWO DAYS AGO..

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Pelosi: 'We Want Registration'; Holder: 2A Won't 'Stand In The Way'; SAF: 'Gloves Are Off'
Second Amendment Foundation ^ | 8 April, 2009 | NA

Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 8:11:37 AM by marktwain

BELLEVUE, Wash., April 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not "stand in the way" of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

"These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder," said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. "It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners' rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off."

Pelosi's revelation came during an interview on ABC's Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress "never denied" the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, "We want them registered. We don't want them crossing state lines..." Gottlieb noted that citizens' rights do not stop at state lines.

"But that doesn't really matter," he observed. "History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation."

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: "I don't think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon."

"These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice," Gottlieb said. "They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi's California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn't disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won't prevent crime, either.

"The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights," Gottlieb said. "The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven't hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

________________________ _______________________

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 09:53:39 AM »
Why is it that the LEFT whines about Gitmo and the Patriot act and all the wire tapping crap...yet a CLEAR violation of the 2nd Amendment is well underway and they deny its even possible. Did anybody here loose any rights under Bush. Well under Barry, they'll take ur guns......not mohammed's gun, not abu's gun in Pakistan, ur gun in the US.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »

READ BELOW FROM TWO DAYS AGO..

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Pelosi: 'We Want Registration'; Holder: 2A Won't 'Stand In The Way'; SAF: 'Gloves Are Off'
Second Amendment Foundation ^ | 8 April, 2009 | NA

Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 8:11:37 AM by marktwain

BELLEVUE, Wash., April 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not "stand in the way" of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

"These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder," said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. "It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners' rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off."

Pelosi's revelation came during an interview on ABC's Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress "never denied" the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, "We want them registered. We don't want them crossing state lines..." Gottlieb noted that citizens' rights do not stop at state lines.

"But that doesn't really matter," he observed. "History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation."

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: "I don't think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon."

"These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice," Gottlieb said. "They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi's California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn't disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won't prevent crime, either.

"The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights," Gottlieb said. "The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven't hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

________________________ _______________________

Who cares?  Is gun registration gun confiscation?  Can the state regulate anything that has an effect on INterstate Commerce?  Pretty much so.  It's not a Second Am issue. 

The 2nd amendment represents the ability of people to adequately defend themselves against threats to their own safety. 

When you want to take that away, people are going to revolt.
Nobody is taking anything away from law abiding citizens yet here you are justifying a revolt.

A revolt against what?

This is what I'm talking about when I say that phantom confiscation is driving the right wing paranoia during a time of a democratic presidency.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »
Why is it that the LEFT whines about Gitmo and the Patriot act and all the wire tapping crap...yet a CLEAR violation of the 2nd Amendment is well underway and they deny its even possible. Did anybody here loose any rights under Bush. Well under Barry, they'll take ur guns......not mohammed's gun, not abu's gun in Pakistan, ur gun in the US.
What right is being lost? 

Cars have to be registered.  Why shouldn't tools that make killing easy also have to be registered?

It's not a second amendment issue.  Any legislative effort like this usually takes authority from the Interstate Commerce Clause.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »
And what do you think registration leads to????

And what business it is of obama's of what rifle I own?

The left is all for privacy rights so ling as it is for abortion, but anything else you could care less.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 10:04:32 AM »
And what do you think registration leads to????
I think is will lead to guns being registered.

And what business it is of obama's of what rifle I own?
If the manufacturer/dealer has guns crossing interstate lines affecting interstate commerce then the government has an interest.

The left is all for privacy rights so ling as it is for abortion, but anything else you could care less.
I heard that the tavern down the street was held up by a guy armed with an unregistered fetus.

This isn't a privacy matter.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »
I would point to a scene from Red Dawn, when the commies are going through gun registrations at the court house. Its the next logical step. They want to know how much ammo I have...fuck u Eric Holder, come count it.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 10:09:04 AM »
I would point to a scene from Red Dawn, when the commies are going through gun registrations at the court house. Its the next logical step. They want to know how much ammo I have...fuck u Eric Holder, come count it.
And I would like to point to a scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory where Charlie and Grampa Joe steal Fizzy Lifting Drink.

They knew it was wrong yet they did it anyways.

Back to the matter at hand.  There's nothing logical about registration leading to confiscation.  That's a fantasy to justify your feeling of indignation in battling a sense of somewhat impotence at the hands of a democratic presidency.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »
Ok..why does Barry need to know how big my arsenal is. If I'm an ATF agent, I would check before I raided a house. Guess what, Barry doesn't need to know.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 10:11:48 AM »
Ok..why does Barry need to know how big my arsenal is. If I'm an ATF agent, I would check before I raided a house. Guess what, Barry doesn't need to know.
He does if the gun you purchased affects the stream of interstate commerce.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »
How the hell does that matter...this is a ploy. Nice try Lib.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 10:24:21 AM »
He does if the gun you purchased affects the stream of interstate commerce.

And the bitch on welfare getting an abortion affects interstate commerce by forcing all taxpayers to pay for her.  Do you suggest we be allowed to know who is getting abortions on the taxpayer dime?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 10:29:42 AM »
How the hell does that matter...this is a ploy. Nice try Lib.
It matters b/c you don't know how some gun regulation works. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »
It matters b/c you don't know how some gun regulation works. 

its not your business.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »
And the bitch on welfare getting an abortion affects interstate commerce by forcing all taxpayers to pay for her.  Do you suggest we be allowed to know who is getting abortions on the taxpayer dime?
I thought you said you were a lawyer?  Your argument is not a good one b/c it's too far removed from a direct effect on interstate commerce.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »
Explain how this affects inter-state commerce.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 10:48:24 AM »
I thought you said you were a lawyer?  Your argument is not a good one b/c it's too far removed from a direct effect on interstate commerce.

So, how does my .308 deer rifle affect interstate commerce that I inherited from my uncle who never shot the damn thing?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 06:26:45 AM »
Barrett v. United States •; 1976; 423 U.S. 212; 382
Is the Gun Control Act violated by a convicted felon acquiring a gun that has at some point moved in interstate commerce, even if the felon’s acquisition and possession occurred entirely within one state [YES].

Bass, United States v., •; 1971; 404 U.S. 336; 351
To convict a felon of illegal possession of a firearm, does the prosecution need to show, in addition to possession, that the firearm had a connection to interstate commerce [YES]; Does the same apply to receiving, and to transporting a firearm [YES]; Would showing that the firearm had at some time previously traveled in interstate commerce be a sufficient nexus [YES].

http://www.gunlaws.com/Supreme%20Court%20Summaries.htm

A clause of the U.S. Constitution which reserves to the federal government the right to regulate the conduct of business across state lines.
http://www.webref.org/environment/i/interstate_commerce_clause.htm

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2009, 06:59:25 AM »
Ill tell you what, I will accept registration of all guns when:

1.  All welfare receipients are drug tested and registered
2.  All illegal aliens are off of welfare and registered an deported
3.  Planned parenthood abortions done with tax dollars are disclosed and registered to the taxpayer

Lets have registration across the board ok??? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »
Ill tell you what, I will accept registration of all guns when:

1.  All welfare receipients are drug tested and registered
2.  All illegal aliens are off of welfare and registered an deported
3.  Planned parenthood abortions done with tax dollars are disclosed and registered to the taxpayer

Lets have registration across the board ok??? 
Don't tell me, this is the law of the land.  Your laundry list of what you hold to be grievous and unjust is not subject to the interstate commerce clause.

Here're my thoughts:

1.  All welfare receipients are drug tested and registered - AFDIC works.  It's a good thing.  All welfare recipients are registered--Otherwise how would the gov. know to whom the check must be cut/addressed.

2.  All illegal aliens are off of welfare and registered an deported - Did you know that pre-Nazi germany started to target immigrants (legal and illegal) as the source of the nation's woes...a convenient bogeyman.

MYTH #3: The nation spends billions of dollars on welfare for undocumented immigrants.

FACTS: To the contrary, undocumented immigrants are not eligible to receive any "welfare" benefits and even legal immigrants are severely restricted in the benefits they can receive.

As the Congressional Research Service points out in a 2007 report, undocumented immigrants, who comprise nearly one-third of all immigrants in the country, are not eligible to receive public "welfare" benefits -- ever.

Legal permanent residents (LPRs) must pay into the Social Security and Medicare systems for approximately 10 years
before they are eligible to receive benefits when they retire. In most cases, LPRs can not receive SSI, which is available only to U.S. citizens, and are not eligible for means-tested public benefits until 5 years after receiving their green cards.

A 2007 analysis of welfare data by researchers at the Urban Institute reveals that less than 1 percent of households headed by undocumented immigrants receive cash assistance for needy families, compared to 5 percent of households headed by native-born U.S. citizens.

A 2007 analysis of U.S. Census data by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities makes clear that it is the U.S.-born, U.S.-citizen children of undocumented immigrants who are eligible for programs such as Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program
(SCHIP). The analysis found that, between 1995 and 2005, the share of low-income, non- citizen immigrant children (either undocumented or legally present) who received Medicaid or SCHIP dropped from 36 percent to 30 percent.
http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/archives/2008/01/post_80.html

And don't forget, Illegals support Soc. Sec. and they'll never see a penny in benefits.

3.  Planned parenthood abortions done with tax dollars are disclosed and registered to the taxpayer - The entire basis of Roe v. Wade was privacy btn the doctor and the patient.  So I guess you are saying you want Roe v Wade overturned.  Isn't that tax money for educational purposes?

After all, if Planned Parenthood did it's job of education re birth control perfectly without hindrance, there would be no abortion.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2009, 10:45:23 AM »
How is Obama's aunt on welfare and living in public housing on Boston then?????

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2009, 10:46:41 AM »
How is Obama's aunt on welfare and living in public housing on Boston then?????
What's your point?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
What's your point?

That there are many illegals on welfare.  illegal aliens commit massive id fraud to get on welfare and food stamps.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »
That there are many illegals on welfare.  illegal aliens commit massive id fraud to get on welfare and food stamps.   
Massive?  Even Borin Orrin Hatch's assessment claims that about 1 billion a year is defrauded.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf  That's a bit dated though.

Let's see some numbers from you on this 'pressing' issue.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
Massive?  Even Borin Orrin Hatch's assessment claims that about 1 billion a year is defrauded.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf  That's a bit dated though.

Let's see some numbers from you on this 'pressing' issue.

http://www.hometownstation.com/local-news/illegal-aliens-clarita-2008-05-05-02-00.html

http://www.heritage.org/Research/HealthCare/wm1714.cfm

http://www.usmessageboard.com/immigration-illegal-immigration/62934-90-billion-dollars-a-year-spent-on-welfare-for-illegal-aliens.html

Additionally, there is federal welfare and state welfare, city welfare, etc. 

I have no idea where you live, but where I live everyone knows illegal aliens get a ton of welfare and food stamps.

Come to the Bronx and I will take you to places you could never imagine even existed.  You will think you were in a third world country.

Trust me, its not like mayberry where you live.