Author Topic: I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is..........  (Read 12111 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is..........
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
Check it out...

I was at theporland airport a while back and i was 300 yeards from the runway watching planes take off (at the Airport Sheraton)  The only thing seperating me was a chianlink fence about 8 feet high.

Then i sat at the endof the run way watch planes land over my head at about 200-300 feet. 

Our counter intellence in the USA is doing a good job AND perhaps the threat isn;t what its made out to be.

Planning and executing are 2 different things....  point is:  it's been almost 6 years now.

How long do you think it took to plan 9/11?  I wouldn't be surprised if it took more than 6 years.  There was also a pretty long gap between the World Trade Center bombing and 9/11.  

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 11:26:02 AM »
Mr I - I hear you continually say "the terror threat will increase tenfold".  

Can you clarify that?  They are killing 4 men a day now.

Will they be killing 40 Americans a day if we turn over Iraq to its own leaders?

If you say yes, PLEASE quantify this and explain your rationale.  THat's 14,600 deaths a year.  FIVE 9/11s each year, if we let Malaki run his own nation.

Please tell us how poor iraqis are going to be able to pull off another 9/11 on US soil, every 10 weeks from now on, if we step back and they enter civil war and kill each other off.

I watch FOX a lot too - and I hear the "terror will increase tenfold" all day long.  But no one is able to explain just how we're going to have FIVE 9/11 attacks each year by letting the Iraqis police themselves.

Who's talking about Iraqis coming over here? I'm talking about the terrorist threat going up here, this is the first time I'm I've said "10 fold" nor have I heard it anywhere else...just a number I through out.

With the Dems (Polosi particularly) wanting to keep the boarders open, issuing DL's to Illegals and them just slipping through the cracks, you can bet we will get hit and as much as I hate to say it...it's enevitable that we will get hit anyway...it's just a matter of when!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »
I think it's a brilliant question you cannot answer:

Okay.  Then tell us how you know the next 9/11 is being planned.

(If your answer is "Because Bush said so", then you employ circular logic in using the topic of this thread to defend itself)

Another dumb question.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »
Counter intelligence is prevention.....isn't it?

So is homeland security.

True.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 11:31:45 AM »
Who's talking about Iraqis coming over here? I'm talking about the terrorist threat going up here, this is the first time I'm I've said "10 fold" nor have I heard it anywhere else...just a number I through out.

With the Dems (Polosi particularly) wanting to keep the boarders open, issuing DL's to Illegals and them just slipping through the cracks, you can bet we will get hit and as much as I hate to say it...it's enevitable that we will get hit anyway...it's just a matter of when!

1) I don't believe we will be hit again.  I don't.  

2) How can you blame pelosi for the borders being open when the repubs have had 2 years of absolute control to FIX the border?  

3) The 911 commission recommendations would do a ton to stop illegal immigration and bad guys from entering the country - but it's the DEMS that are pushing it, after sitting idle for 29 months since it was issued.

I don't get it man.  You blame pelosi for the borders being open, then the repub-controlled white house and congress had plenty of power to fix it.  the dems were powerless to stop them as the minority.  How cna you blame them?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 11:33:40 AM »
We are talking about domestic terrorism and whether the domestic terror threat is exaggerated or not. 

(If your answer is "Because Bush said so", then you employ circular logic in using the topic of this thread to defend itself)

BB - you ONLY believe the next 9/11 is being planned because you've been told it by the exact group (white house admin) which benefits most from the fear this threat causes.

You can't answer, dude.  You can't answer.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »

BB - you ONLY believe the next 9/11 is being planned because you've been told it by the exact group (white house admin) which benefits most from the fear this threat causes.

240 this seems to be more of a debate tactic than a real question.

We couldn't know either way other than to say becuase Al Queda is still functiioniing they are still waging a war against America and therfore it's a safe assumption they are planning something.  Aside from that you or I are not privy to all the current intel on them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »

Posted by Beach Bum last night:

"Why do you ask dumb questions day after day after day?  They are like never ending.  Just when I think you've asked your last dumb question of the day, you ask another one.     Interesting talent you have."

Follow-up post by Beach Bum last night:

"Actually, I called your questions dumb.  Here is your daily mantra:  ask a dumb a question, don't get the answer you like (or any answer at all), claim the person has been 'owned.'  Very persuasive."   

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »
Al Qaeda has explicitly said this, and it has been reported by all major news organizations
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/30/alzawahiri.tape/index.html
Z

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »
YUP OZMO ;D  Award winning documentary filmmaker Adam Curtis agrees with you ;)

The Power Of Nightmares - Part 1 of 3 - By Adam Curtis
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7815944823333801032&sourceid=searchfeed

The Power of Nightmares - Part 2 of 3 - "The Phantom Victory"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8828105995955577664&sourceid=searchfeed

The Power of Nightmares - Part 3 of 3 - "The Shadows In The Cave"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8732625326538179377&sourceid=searchfeed

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »
we know there are jihadists in the world who hate us.

weird thing is, every news story I see, every time there is an attack, it's because we are in their country.  

the only domestic attacks - WTC1993 and WTC01 had fed fingerprints and ISI money, so we could consider them outliers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »
Al Qaeda has explicitly said this, and it has been reported by all major news organizations
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/30/alzawahiri.tape/index.html

Al Quida was an invention of the CIA in the 1980s.

When they stopped working for us is unclear.

Whether certain elements of them still work for us, directly or by proxy, is unclear.

Why they conveniently release a scary clip every time it Benefits the WHite House, is unclear.

Terrorists attack us frequently when we're standing in their front yard with rifles.  They attack very very rarely (a 10,000 to 1 ratio?  100,000 to 1 ratio?) on US soil, and each time there are indications of domestic governmental complicity.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
we know there are jihadists in the world who hate us.

weird thing is, every news story I see, every time there is an attack, it's because we are in their country. 

the only domestic attacks - WTC1993 and WTC01 had fed fingerprints and ISI money, so we could consider them outliers.

That isn't completely true.
The attacks on foreign consulates would be considered an attack on America, since they are considered American land.
1998 US embassy bombings.

That is the interesting part, America was technically invaded by Iran in 1979 but neither Carter nor Regan did anything.
Z

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »
we not getting attacked so what were doing is a waste of time. were just using terrorism as a scare tactic

if we got attacked tomorrow then you'll all be blamming bush for not doing enough..

you cant win with you guys

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »
we not getting attacked so what were doing is a waste of time. were just using terrorism as a scare tactic

if we got attacked tomorrow then you'll all be blamming bush for not doing enough..

Yeah, we're wasting time in Iraq. How would those Shia insurgents attack us here? They don't give a shit about America, they ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THEMSELVES AND THEIR NATION.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »
I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is not as strong as it is made out to be by the government.

I hope your kidding bro,

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007, 01:46:03 PM »
I hope your kidding bro,

Remember,  i'm not saying there isn't a threat.

I just don't think we are above cookie monster.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2007, 02:07:45 PM »

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »

Haha, I would say you are right. FOX is outta hand, with their 'terror' alerts.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2007, 02:49:02 PM »
Afghanistan.

Then i should pound his face with my fist for making mistake that invovled 3000 dead, 350 billion in debt, the port authority plan, etc...

sounds like a terroist threat to me??

maybe we aren't as safe as we thought
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2007, 02:49:58 PM »
Haha, I would say you are right. FOX is outta hand, with their 'terror' alerts.

Condi wanted to say hi to "my FOX guys" yesterday morning.

Monster bias.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2007, 04:31:50 PM »

Could the terrorist threat go up here becuase we don;t have the funds to spend becuase they are all spent up in Iraq?  M

Meanwhile, do you really think we can keep our borders 100% sealed from people sneaking in?  DL's don't matter.  Even if we built a fence around the country they got the ports right?  who decided to on the port plan?   was that pelosi?

Do you realize i can at anytime within an hour score heroin?  How do you think it got here?  Whree do you think it came from?  What's the difference if the terrorist watned to smuggle the ebola visrus or VX gas?  All that shit comes throgh the ports. 

Not much of a point you have here other then more bias rhetoric.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
The terrorist threat is very real, one would be insane not the think so. I've been told by friends in the military that they are actually very intelligent and educated as well, taking their time, being meticulous so theyre attacks don't fail. The question isn't if, but when.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2007, 05:37:12 PM »

how do you make a case that Bush gives 2 shits if we get attacked or not.  He dragged his ass on border security, passed a fence but his republican cohorts didn't fund it, tried to sell our ports to an Arab company out of Dubai.  Right now a turd with less than a thousand bucks could come straight across the border and hook up an IED in a busy mall... cake walk... Bush hasn't given a shit about security.  If we get attacked tomorrow, who do you want us to blame?  I keep asking how Bush and company have been so comfindent without the security... Why haven't we been attacked... hmmm... I wonder this everytime I see guys like Adam Pearlman become top Al-Queda assets ::)  Bush sure is confident that we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here... Without much for security, something smells funny here...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2007, 05:41:38 PM »
The terrorist threat is very real, one would be insane not the think so. I've been told by friends in the military that they are actually very intelligent and educated as well, taking their time, being meticulous so theyre attacks don't fail. The question isn't if, but when.
Oh it's real, it's many times stronger now than it was right before 9/11... but the real question is who's ultimatlely behind the threat... That answer is not nearly as simple as you'd like to make it.  ;)