Author Topic: Depression and Anxiety....Let's Talk Ladies  (Read 116212 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Depression and Anxiety....Let's Talk Ladies
« on: April 01, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
I've had it in the past...purely chemical inbalances in the brain.

And now I have it again...this time it was triggered by a loss of someone.

I have severe anxiety every time I wake up. I'm also on Celexa.

But the pills haven't kicked in yet.

How did you overcome it? How long?

I hate this so much.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Depression and Anxiety....Let's Talk Ladies
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »
i have not met anyone that celexa has worked for....and i know a lot of people that have taken including myself...

i had to take it for sleep though....not depression or anything..

bench

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »
i have not met anyone that celexa has worked for....and i know a lot of people that have taken including myself...

i had to take it for sleep though....not depression or anything..

bench

Interesting. I've heard some good things. I guess time will tell.

Too bad I don't have access to any of Charles Tiger Blood.

w8m8

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 05:43:46 AM »
I have severe anxiety every time I wake up. I'm also on Celexa.

But the pills haven't kicked in yet.

"also" on Celexa ? are you on other things aswell ?

Celexa takes up to 6 weeks to work and has horrid risks/sides

Why not take something like -> Sam-E , St.John's Wort , 5-HTP , up Omega 3 fatty acids , Magnesium and Folate ?

If it's something you've had before then it's not something inherent and you could control/overcome it in a much healthier way if it's just a period you need to get past

Fresh air .. some intense physical activity .. music .. comedy .. a lot of alternatives and some natural assistance is always better than just ingesting some chemical that can/may bring on other problems

jmo

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 06:10:51 AM »
Interesting. I've heard some good things. I guess time will tell.

Too bad I don't have access to any of Charles Tiger Blood.
something else to note on celexa....have fun getting off of it...

i stopped using it twice after prolonged use each time.....side effect were insane...the nerves in my hand were shot, i would get dizzy as hell, and sudden movements would throw me off balance...

i cured that with 2cc a day of vitamin b complex from the local vet store..

bench

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »
No...only on Celexa for an anti-depressant. 20 mg....just started. I have had depression in the past.

I have anxiety pills which work great....only problem is they take aboout 40 minutes to kick in and make me sleepy but otherwise work fantastic.

I've tried all the natural St Johns, vitamins, exercise, etc.

I knew it was getting bad when I couldn't get my usual endorphin highs with weights or cardio. That was when I knew something was really wrong.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/build/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=1&limit=20&search=Celexa

Scroll down to 788

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked?  Do you take fish oil?
You may want to exhaust all of your options before getting too deep into the Celexa.  I wonder if you could just hold off at this point, since you just started...
:

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/build/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=1&limit=20&search=Celexa

Scroll down to 788

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked?  Do you take fish oil?
You may want to exhaust all of your options before getting too deep into the Celexa.  I wonder if you could just hold off at this point, since you just started...

I've had all blood work checked...all vitamin levels are good. And you bet I take fish oil! A staple in every bodybuilders diet...haha.

I'm wondering if I should take an extra vitamin D supplement anyways though. Wouldn't hurt.

Side effects so far are a bit of nausea which I don't mind.

I'm going to ride it out and see where it goes. I"m also thinking the anxiety might be due to the Celexa.

I love going the natural route for things but I am confident I need a bit more to help me at this point.

newmom

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 06:25:10 AM »

I took zoloft back in 04..did wonders for sure

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 11:00:01 PM »
This Celexa is amazing and doing wonders ladies. I'm very pleased it has worked so soon and made quite the difference!

I have a bit of insomnia but it is soooo worth it. Just allows me to catch up on the Big Bang theory!

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »
I'll share something with that worked for me....

In Highschool I had anxiety and depression cause my parents divorced, and then the added pressures of a teen, growing up in the fastest changing time in earths history...It would come and go....mostly only come when life got hard.

Then it came back after a steroid cycle I did, 2 years ago. I never totaly delt with some of the causes of my anxiety, only learn to deal with the symptoms. So after the cycle when I was having a tough time....I said "f" it...Im gonna nip this in the bud.

Now Im the most confident, happy, Level-headed person I ever met...true story...

Here's what I did....I know one of the basic principles of self-help and NLP is...if you change the physical, it changes the mental...and if you change the mental, it changes the physical.....It doesn't mater what order it takes place because they will both become the same.

So bascialy, I made a list of the men that had the most confident and calm walks, demeanor, swagger, and body language I could think of....and mimiced every move. I copied Obama's walk, Jay-z's, Kobe bryant, Bush, Michael Jordan, Rockstars...Ect. I copied their gestures, tone of voice, ect. I would practice walking at night outside and in my house, when no one was around, to help with feeling funny, or self conscience.

Next, I took "Vocie and Diction" classes, worked with a "voice coach", Voice over lessons, and Broacasting Shcool stuff, and singing lessons, Enunciation lessons......Basicaly I learn to speak perfectly, and confident, and with assertiveness. I downloaded all of Obamas speaches, interviews, and Audio books, like audacity of hope.....And I heard him so much...I started to talk like him, but with my own style...Its just like when you get new friends...you start to talk like them. I also used a bone prop or a wine cork between my teeth when I read books aloud. I also would listen to unabridged audio books, while I read along, then pause and copied the tone, rythem and emphasis.

Then I made a list of all the most successfull actors, charismatic speakers, ect....and copied their smile, expressions, gestures ect, with the goal, of becoming better than them, not the same.

Just by copying the way the happiest and successull people talk, move and gesture.....you start to think like them.....like I said.....If you change the physical it changes the mental...and if you change the mental, it changes the physcial.....

Also I downloaded Audacity....the free audio editor, and recorded Affirmations in my own voice and mixed with the background music of The Mozart Effect Volume 5....Mozarts music increases learning, relaxation, memory, and IQ...all successful people listen to Baroque or Classical music, especialy Mozart...it's called the Mozart effect. When You combine affirmations in your own voice and mix with mozart effect music.....it will self hypnotize you and reprogram your mind. So give it a try and download Audacity and the lame file to be able to export your files into mp3 format.....you just download the Lame file into the plugin folder in Audacity and you are good to go....its like magic...With commercial, billboards, radio, ect.....you have to program you thinking and mind yourself, or someone will do it for you....poeple have 60,000 thoughts a day, and most are negative...so affirmations are the secret that millionaires, lawyers, hedgefund manager, the president, ect use. It's even more powerfull when you record them in your own voice, and mix it with Mozart or another instrumental of your choice. For example I love the song "let my love open the door" so I made love affirmations to the instrumental of "let my love open the door"....

The last secret is Diaphramic Breathing...breathing with the stomach. This is what actors, lawyers, singers, and Public speakers learn and master. Basicly, when you breate in your stomach expands, and when you breathe out, it gets smaller. This is also How you meditate. And all Succesfull people have to learn to breathe correctly or the can't speak correctly. This is also the best form of meditation. No chants, no mantras, no religion...just focuss on you breath. It's called the 5-7-8 breath. You breath in for a count of 5..hold for a count of 7...and breath out for a count of 8....Even Pick up artists learn to meditate with the "5-7-8" technique....it is proven to reduce anxiety and depression....don't think about anything just follow the breath with the 5-7-8 count.....just google "5-7-8" breath.

So thats what worked for me....Mastered my breathing with the "5-7-8", Mastered my walk, body language........Mastered my speaking......Recorded affirmations in my own voice to music of my choice....to overide the modern, commercials, billboards, radio, ect......

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 07:26:06 PM »
BikiniSlut- You mentioned that you wake up sometimes having severe anxiety??? I too use to wake up having SEVERE anxiety, but that came from having ANXIETY DISORDERS. These are the following 6 anxiety disorders:

1. Obsessive compulsive disorder-which i have.
2. Agoraphobia-another one i have.
3. PANIC DISORDER........because ANXIETY causes PANIC.- add this one too.
4. POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
5. Generalized Anxiety Disorder- another ive had.
6. Social Anxiety/Social Phobia with ANTICIPATORY ANXIETY- and last but not least ;)

The only one i dont have is POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 07:37:22 PM »
I'll share something with that worked for me....

In Highschool I had anxiety and depression cause my parents divorced, and then the added pressures of a teen, growing up in the fastest changing time in earths history...It would come and go....mostly only come when life got hard.

Then it came back after a steroid cycle I did, 2 years ago. I never totaly delt with some of the causes of my anxiety, only learn to deal with the symptoms. So after the cycle when I was having a tough time....I said "f" it...Im gonna nip this in the bud.

Now Im the most confident, happy, Level-headed person I ever met...true story...

Here's what I did....I know one of the basic principles of self-help and NLP is...if you change the physical, it changes the mental...and if you change the mental, it changes the physical.....It doesn't mater what order it takes place because they will both become the same.

So bascialy, I made a list of the men that had the most confident and calm walks, demeanor, swagger, and body language I could think of....and mimiced every move. I copied Obama's walk, Jay-z's, Kobe bryant, Bush, Michael Jordan, Rockstars...Ect. I copied their gestures, tone of voice, ect. I would practice walking at night outside and in my house, when no one was around, to help with feeling funny, or self conscience.

Next, I took "Vocie and Diction" classes, worked with a "voice coach", Voice over lessons, and Broacasting Shcool stuff, and singing lessons, Enunciation lessons......Basicaly I learn to speak perfectly, and confident, and with assertiveness. I downloaded all of Obamas speaches, interviews, and Audio books, like audacity of hope.....And I heard him so much...I started to talk like him, but with my own style...Its just like when you get new friends...you start to talk like them. I also used a bone prop or a wine cork between my teeth when I read books aloud. I also would listen to unabridged audio books, while I read along, then pause and copied the tone, rythem and emphasis.

Then I made a list of all the most successfull actors, charismatic speakers, ect....and copied their smile, expressions, gestures ect, with the goal, of becoming better than them, not the same.

Just by copying the way the happiest and successull people talk, move and gesture.....you start to think like them.....like I said.....If you change the physical it changes the mental...and if you change the mental, it changes the physcial.....

Also I downloaded Audacity....the free audio editor, and recorded Affirmations in my own voice and mixed with the background music of The Mozart Effect Volume 5....Mozarts music increases learning, relaxation, memory, and IQ...all successful people listen to Baroque or Classical music, especialy Mozart...it's called the Mozart effect. When You combine affirmations in your own voice and mix with mozart effect music.....it will self hypnotize you and reprogram your mind. So give it a try and download Audacity and the lame file to be able to export your files into mp3 format.....you just download the Lame file into the plugin folder in Audacity and you are good to go....its like magic...With commercial, billboards, radio, ect.....you have to program you thinking and mind yourself, or someone will do it for you....poeple have 60,000 thoughts a day, and most are negative...so affirmations are the secret that millionaires, lawyers, hedgefund manager, the president, ect use. It's even more powerfull when you record them in your own voice, and mix it with Mozart or another instrumental of your choice. For example I love the song "let my love open the door" so I made love affirmations to the instrumental of "let my love open the door"....

The last secret is Diaphramic Breathing...breathing with the stomach. This is what actors, lawyers, singers, and Public speakers learn and master. Basicly, when you breate in your stomach expands, and when you breathe out, it gets smaller. This is also How you meditate. And all Succesfull people have to learn to breathe correctly or the can't speak correctly. This is also the best form of meditation. No chants, no mantras, no religion...just focuss on you breath. It's called the 5-7-8 breath. You breath in for a count of 5..hold for a count of 7...and breath out for a count of 8....Even Pick up artists learn to meditate with the "5-7-8" technique....it is proven to reduce anxiety and depression....don't think about anything just follow the breath with the 5-7-8 count.....just google "5-7-8" breath.

So thats what worked for me....Mastered my breathing with the "5-7-8", Mastered my walk, body language........Mastered my speaking......Recorded affirmations in my own voice to music of my choice....to overide the modern, commercials, billboards, radio, ect......

Exactly. I have BODY DYSMORPHIA DISORDER, which can cause TERRIBLE ANXIETY and just like you said, PHYSICAL CHANGE, BRINGS MENTAL CHANGE AND VICE VERSA. Bodybuilding has helped me Tremendously. I too do the whole " body language/demeanor" concept......basically walking with SELF-CONFIDENCE/SELF-ESTEEM/Walking into a place like you own it- great NATURAL WAYS of dealing with anxiety even depression. Depression/anxiety go hand in hand and i also do the whole " VOICE" Concept/SPEAKING WITH DISTINCTION as well, ALSO a good way too control anxiety.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »
Everything is okay now...Celexa works miracles.  However I was beginning to like the anxiety and insomnia.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 07:09:04 AM »
Everything is okay now...Celexa works miracles.  
Great.  Any side effects?

However I was beginning to like the anxiety and insomnia.

Is it that is was familiar?  Or do you feel it helped you in some way?
Can you explain more about this please?    
R

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
Great.  Any side effects?

Is it that is was familiar?  Or do you feel it helped you in some way?
Can you explain more about this please?    

I loved the insomnia because it gave me more time to do what I wanted. I love having free time and I never ever get bored. I can always find something to do.

And I loved the anxiety because instead of feeling drowsy and sleepy I had energy....it wasn't always the greatest type of energy but it was better than being tired....at least to me.

Side effects...a bit of nausea which I also loved......didn't crave carbs and ate less.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »
I loved the insomnia because it gave me more time to do what I wanted. I love having free time and I never ever get bored. I can always find something to do.

And I loved the anxiety because instead of feeling drowsy and sleepy I had energy....it wasn't always the greatest type of energy but it was better than being tired....at least to me.

Side effects...a bit of nausea which I also loved......didn't crave carbs and ate less.

You do make it sound pretty good lol.
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
As someone who has combatted depression his whole life and tried most everything under the sun I have to say I have done best without any meds but that is just me.
I hate the State.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 11:16:09 AM »
Try taking 5htp and something else natural. Anti depressents make it worse. Deal with it for awhile it will ease up after sometime. I have gone through both in pretty bad bouts. It gets better.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 06:57:11 PM »
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
cheetos and diet coke, maybe some cheesecake

Bill2233

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »
Unfortunately, there are people who suffer from depression, but it can be diagnosed only by a doctor. I want to add that it is important not to self-treat and self-medicate if you are not sure you have depression as such medications can have side effects and contraindications. You can at least read the info about them online.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 01:07:18 PM »
Unfortunately, there are people who suffer from depression, but it can be diagnosed only by a doctor. I want to add that it is important not to self-treat and self-medicate if you are not sure you have depression as such medications can have side effects and contraindications. You can at least read the info about them online.

Hmm. Why do doctors ask patients if they've felt depressed? How would the patients know if they had unless the doctor diagnosed it. 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 02:05:13 AM »
Prime creeping around the ladies section, odd

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 12:36:02 PM »
Hmm. Why do doctors ask patients if they've felt depressed? How would the patients know if they had unless the doctor diagnosed it.
Not to mention the "chemicals in the brain."  Why not just do a blood test?