Author Topic: Arnold talks about being uncomfortable on stage "exposing himself"  (Read 1360 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Just fast forward to the 11 minute mark.

I was always curious about how Arnold felt after being off-stage for so long and then standing next to the likes of Mike Mentzer, who, IMHO, was at his VERY best!

It's so awkward when the judge asks for a triceps pose... almost embarrassing. Ive never seen anything like that in a competition where you are being asked to do a mandatory and NOBODY does it. Look at Zane. He wants no part of it, so he just stands there. Mentzer realizes from the screams that Arnold must be doing a biceps pose... pretty funny stuff ~

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
Re: Arnold talks about being uncomfortable on stage "exposing himself"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:08:10 AM »
i guess its the 1980 olympia? because arnold looks small there

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:07:49 AM »

You look small ma niigga

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »
? small!!!!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »
Just fast forward to the 11 minute mark.

I was always curious about how Arnold felt after being off-stage for so long and then standing next to the likes of Mike Mentzer, who, IMHO, was at his VERY best!

It's so awkward when the judge asks for a triceps pose... almost embarrassing. Ive never seen anything like that in a competition where you are being asked to do a mandatory and NOBODY does it. Look at Zane. He wants no part of it, so he just stands there. Mentzer realizes from the screams that Arnold must be doing a biceps pose... pretty funny stuff ~

Thing is that Arnold regrets competing in 1980 those comments were made right after the show where he says that he's the type of guy that doesn't like to be exposed" etc,  and that you shouldn't take the whole thing so seriously blah blah ..... true is that he lost the respect of every single guy on stage except for Tom platz, Sammir Banout and another dude I can't remember they were  three nobodies in pro BB at that time.....

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »
I'm a huge Arnold fan but his legs were very skinny in 1980, it's almost like he just trained his upper body.