Author Topic: Obama releases 75 Guantanamo prisoners  (Read 2960 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
Obama releases 75 Guantanamo prisoners
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:10:55 PM »
I hope this does not turn out to backfire upon us

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: Obama releases 75 Guantanamo prisoners
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:15:52 PM »
it's understandable, there's a strong possiblity he had some friends and family members amongst that 75

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
I can't recall details, but one former guan. detainee was recently captured in a hostile country after he had rejoined taliban/al quaida

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:09 PM »
I hope your kidding.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 12:20:23 PM »
I hope your kidding.

I wish I was
just check yahoo
its breaking news

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »
think about it
out of 200+ still detained at Guantanamo
you think that NONE of these miscreants are going to go back to their 'gangs' and terrorist groups?
at least SOME will
in light of that
I say profile
and keep them all under lock and key

okay, flame on

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »
We are ALL fucked because of the P-BO...

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
if there was enough evidence to charge them with a crime and try them in a court of law, the government would have.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »
I think something like 1 in 7 of the Gitmo detainees that Bush released returned to commit acts of terror.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »
if there was enough evidence to charge them with a crime and try them in a court of law, the government would have.

I say fuck that when we see more of our buildings go down

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 12:49:12 PM »
I think something like 1 in 7 of the Gitmo detainees that Bush released returned to commit acts of terror.

I think you know we should now concentrate on Obama since he is in charge

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 12:52:31 PM »
I think you know we should now concentrate on Obama since he is in charge

my point isn't to shit on bush - it's to illustrate yes, a small % of them do return to making a mess of things.

Sure, you can imprison them indefinitely.  however, if/when some country grabs up 2000 americans and keeps them locked up because 10 of them broke local laws.... well... we don't have much room to complain, now do we?

I dont know the answer here.  a small % of them are going to commit crimes, yes.  But can you justify locking up hundreds of people for their entire life because 5 of them might do something bad someday?

(remember - our enemies who DO follow geneva may use this example one day with americans)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:52:49 PM »
I don't see anything on this lax.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 12:54:24 PM »
my point isn't to shit on bush - it's to illustrate yes, a small % of them do return to making a mess of things.

Sure, you can imprison them indefinitely.  however, if/when some country grabs up 2000 americans and keeps them locked up because 10 of them broke local laws.... well... we don't have much room to complain, now do we?

I dont know the answer here.  a small % of them are going to commit crimes, yes.  But can you justify locking up hundreds of people for their entire life because 5 of them might do something bad someday?

(remember - our enemies who DO follow geneva may use this example one day with americans)

I see
and agree abit
however, there are more than a few countries who already kill as many of us as possible, follow no rules of geneva, bc they KNOW we will do the right thing.

I just think that after the next incident/attack (unfortunately, it is likely just a matter of time)

you will see profiling here

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »
I don't see anything on this lax.

I just clicked on yahoo.com
and their page comes up with several news items of the day
it was there an hour ago, anyway, sf

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »
Obama 8)  Bush ?  :-X
TEAM WOLF

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »
I see
and agree abit
however, there are more than a few countries who already kill as many of us as possible, follow no rules of geneva, bc they KNOW we will do the right thing.

I just think that after the next incident/attack (unfortunately, it is likely just a matter of time)

you will see profiling here

profiling works when it comes to airport security.  an old lady isn't gonig to blow up an airplane.  a shaved young man is more likely to do.  spend the resources on the people who have historically done the crimes.

I liked the idea of putting these ppl in federal supermax prison.  unfortunately, members of both parties cried 'not in my state!'

nobody has ever escaped from any of these supermax facilities.  we're talking landmines in the yard, rifleman in towers, etc.  Nobody escapes.

I think obama will still send the bad guys there eventually... maybe he sent away those 75 guys with zero evidence of a crime.  some of them were confused 12 year olds just following their dads around back then.  weird situation. i sure dont know the solution.  i care about america, and i worry the precendent of 'lock up many cause a few are bad' will hurt us in the future.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 01:04:45 PM »
profiling works when it comes to airport security.  an old lady isn't gonig to blow up an airplane.  a shaved young man is more likely to do.  spend the resources on the people who have historically done the crimes.

yes

I liked the idea of putting these ppl in federal supermax prison.  unfortunately, members of both parties cried 'not in my state!'

nobody has ever escaped from any of these supermax facilities.  we're talking landmines in the yard, rifleman in towers, etc.  Nobody escapes.

supermax=closest thing to torture we have. I am all for it. Madoff is there, no?

I think obama will still send the bad guys there eventually... maybe he sent away those 75 guys with zero evidence of a crime.  some of them were confused 12 year olds just following their dads around back then.  weird situation. i sure dont know the solution.  i care about america, and i worry the precendent of 'lock up many cause a few are bad' will hurt us in the future.

Perhaps. And you can also opine that the trade centers were blown to bits becausee we have always been too soft

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 02:30:44 PM »
we shall see

by the time 2012 comes around more people are going to be screaming for another President.. P-BO is fucking this country up worst than any President except Carter... Sorry thing is, he still has more than 3 years in office to Beat Carter as the worst President in history.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »
by the time 2012 comes around more people are going to be screaming for another President.. P-BO is fucking this country up worst than any President except Carter... Sorry thing is, he still has more than 3 years in office to Beat Carter as the worst President in history.

yeah
he is running neck and neck with Carter
who hates this country more than anyone

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 02:35:44 PM »
Many thought he'd be a moderate and were wrong.  He is allowing the left wing of the democratic party dictate policy.  He clearly follows a typical liberal philosophy...unfortunate ly its without regard to our deficit.  Perhaps obama will be a better president working with a more balanced congress in 2010.  We cannot have 1 party rule as we see now because the moderates are being shut out.  A great example is cap & trade, its an economic disaster for this country...but they are aggressively persuing it.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 02:43:29 PM »
The one sure way to ensure that no muslim extremists commit terrorist acts is to exterminate all muslims.  Actually quite logical and simple.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »
Many thought he'd be a moderate and were wrong.  He is allowing the left wing of the democratic party dictate policy.  He clearly follows a typical liberal philosophy...unfortunate ly its without regard to our deficit.  Perhaps obama will be a better president working with a more balanced congress in 2010.  We cannot have 1 party rule as we see now because the moderates are being shut out.  A great example is cap & trade, its an economic disaster for this country...but they are aggressively persuing it.

repubs take over=keep him in check

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »
The one sure way to ensure that no muslim extremists commit terrorist acts is to exterminate all muslims.  Actually quite logical and simple.

at least profile all those who look like trouble
infantile?
perhaps

effective?
I think so