Author Topic: Tony McTones: Continuing His Long Tradition of Being Wrong on Everything  (Read 835 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Sorry for not posting more often, guys. I know you must've missed me! Just thought I'd check in after seeing this news:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/19/reid-cuts-assault-weapons-ban-from-senate-gun-control-bill-amid-waning-support/

The leader of the Democrat-controlled Senate on Tuesday dropped a proposed assault weapons ban from the chamber’s gun-control package – dealing a blow to supporters of the ban, though it could still come up for a vote.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=451603.msg6492656#msg6492656

I'm sure you've been completely wrong about dozens hundreds of other things in my absence, McTones, so you can just add this one to the list.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I'm not following.

Seems you were arguing there would be no push for it.  There was.  They've dropped it now that it won't pass (and she can still try and tack it on as an amendment), but it was still being pushed.

But, I didn't read through the whole thread so maybe I'm missing something.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
I'm not following.

Seems you were arguing there would be no push for it.  There was.  They've dropped it now that it won't pass (and she can still try and tack it on as an amendment), but it was still being pushed.

But, I didn't read through the whole thread so maybe I'm missing something.

My argument was that any push on the AWB from the President would be mostly lip-service and he would back off of it when it wasn't noticeable. I joked earlier in the thread that he was probably privately cursing Diane Feinstein to his wife.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
My argument was that any push on the AWB from the President would be mostly lip-service and he would back off of it when it wasn't noticeable. I joked earlier in the thread that he was probably privately cursing Diane Feinstein to his wife.

Well I haven't been following this bill so I don't know how much the White House has or has not been lobbying for it.

Right now though, I would guess it's probably not high on his agenda...economy, jobs, sequestration, golfing, chooming...oh wait.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
OK, I can't take it any longer. Will someone please explain to me what the heck is chooming?   :-[
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
OK, I can't take it any longer. Will someone please explain to me what the heck is chooming?   :-[

Smoking weed?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

Right now though, I would guess it's probably not high on his agenda...economy, jobs, sequestration, golfing, chooming...oh wait.

This was precisely one of the points I made... except for the "chooming" part. I'll leave that nonsense to you mental derelicts.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Obama Chief Of Staff: “We’re Going To Find The Votes” To Pass Assault Weapons Ban

White House chief of staff Denis McDonough said in an interview Tuesday that Senate Democrats’ decision to introduce a gun control bill that doesn’t include an assault weapons ban does not constitute a setback for President Obama’s gun control efforts.

In an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, McDonough said the bill can still be brought up as an amendment and that there should still be a concerted effort to pass it.

“We’re going to work on this. We’re going to find the votes,” McDonough said, according to a transcript. “And it deserves a vote and let’s see if we can get it done.”

The prospects for the assault weapons ban have never been good, even in the Senate, where Democrats have the majority. In announcing that it would likely not be part of the Senate’s package earlier today, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) spoke as if the effort was over and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said the ban was very far from the level of support needed for passage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/19/white-house-on-assault-weapons-ban-were-going-to-find-the-votes/

Comical, really. And you're claiming Tony was the one who is wrong on everything? You look pretty foolish here.

This was precisely one of the points I made... except for the "chooming" part. I'll leave that nonsense to you mental derelicts.

Irony.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama is a lawless thug and ghetto commnist crackhead.   He could care less whether people reject his radical stalinist agenda.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Obama Chief Of Staff: “We’re Going To Find The Votes” To Pass Assault Weapons Ban

White House chief of staff Denis McDonough said in an interview Tuesday that Senate Democrats’ decision to introduce a gun control bill that doesn’t include an assault weapons ban does not constitute a setback for President Obama’s gun control efforts.

In an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, McDonough said the bill can still be brought up as an amendment and that there should still be a concerted effort to pass it.

“We’re going to work on this. We’re going to find the votes,” McDonough said, according to a transcript. “And it deserves a vote and let’s see if we can get it done.”

The prospects for the assault weapons ban have never been good, even in the Senate, where Democrats have the majority. In announcing that it would likely not be part of the Senate’s package earlier today, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) spoke as if the effort was over and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said the ban was very far from the level of support needed for passage.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/19/white-house-on-assault-weapons-ban-were-going-to-find-the-votes/

Comical, really. And you're claiming Tony was the one who is wrong on everything? You look pretty foolish here.

Irony.

Good find.  I stand corrected.  Seems Barry's gonna lobby hard.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Good find.  I stand corrected.  Seems Barry's gonna lobby hard.

Obama has always been a lawless thug.  He could care less if the senate does not want his bullshit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL Albert Albert Albert, while im glad youre back you really should refrain from making a fool out of yourself with your first post back.

so to you anything short of him signing a bill into law is lip service...got it

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
there will be no assault weapons bill.   Some people got all upset about it, on both sides.  Common sense dictated it'd never get through the House, so it'd be a non-issue.  Just a bunch of networks making rating$ with the wedge issue and a bunch of politicians trying to rally their extreme donor base.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
there will be no assault weapons bill.   Some people got all upset about it, on both sides.  Common sense dictated it'd never get through the House, so it'd be a non-issue.  Just a bunch of networks making rating$ with the wedge issue and a bunch of politicians trying to rally their extreme donor base.

in NYS we are still stuck w communism.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
there will be no assault weapons bill.   Some people got all upset about it, on both sides.  Common sense dictated it'd never get through the House, so it'd be a non-issue.  Just a bunch of networks making rating$ with the wedge issue and a bunch of politicians trying to rally their extreme donor base.

Here comes 240 trying to make excuses for the fact that he was, once again, completely wrong in the asinine claims he made about his God-King. Fact of the matter is that they pushed for it and it was only after seeing public opinion come out against them that they're now letting it slowly die.

Fact of the matter is that you GUARANTEED Obama would never touch gun control. You were 100% wrong.

And to top it off, Obama insists he's going to keep pushing for it so, once again, you look like a fool with egg on your face.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

Irony.

From the article you posted:

The prospects for the assault weapons ban have never been good, even in the Senate, where Democrats have the majority. In announcing that it would likely not be part of the Senate’s package earlier today, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) spoke as if the effort was over and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said the ban was very far from the level of support needed for passage.   ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

But up until now, Obama's really been making it a priority, so now that it looks like such a sure thing, he's really going to go whole hog, right?  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The prospects for the assault weapons ban have never been good, even in the Senate, where Democrats have the majority. In announcing that it would likely not be part of the Senate’s package earlier today, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) spoke as if the effort was over and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said the ban was very far from the level of support needed for passage.   ::)

So why waste our fucking time w this gsrbsge? 

24KT

• Getbig V
Can one of you stop arguing just long enough to please tell me what chooming is? Please? Pretty Please?  :)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Can one of you stop arguing just long enough to please tell me what chooming is? Please? Pretty Please?  :)

a conspiracy theory with zero evidence, that obama is using mushrooms in office.  also coke and everything else.

It appears what he did 25 years ago is very much an issue today.

(Personally, I do believe that anyone who commits felonies - even at age 18 - shouldn't be allowed to be President down the road.  "But he was just a kid" doesn't fly in my book... At 18, you're old enough to buy a gun, you're old enough to carpet bomb a city or throw frag grenades into occupied dwellings...  but your judgment isn't ready to realize that cocaine is a fcking crime?  bush and obama should have been disqualified from ever running for national office.)

24KT

• Getbig V
a conspiracy theory with zero evidence, that obama is using mushrooms in office.  also coke and everything else.

Thanks 240. So chooming is smoking mushroom?

It appears what he did 25 years ago is very much an issue today.

(Personally, I do believe that anyone who commits felonies - even at age 18 - shouldn't be allowed to be President down the road.  "But he was just a kid" doesn't fly in my book... At 18, you're old enough to buy a gun, you're old enough to carpet bomb a city or throw frag grenades into occupied dwellings...  but your judgment isn't ready to realize that cocaine is a fcking crime?  bush and obama should have been disqualified from ever running for national office.)

...but still not old enough to buy a beer in some states.

w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Thanks 240. So chooming is smoking mushroom?

...but still not old enough to buy a beer in some states.

I think one eats mushrooms.  I never tried drugs.  I was 18 and I respected the law. Unlike obama or bush.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I think one eats mushrooms.  I never tried drugs.  I was 18 and I respected the law. Unlike obama or bush.

You eat mushrooms.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Hey Albert, how you feeling?

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administration-pushes-assault-weapons-ban-vote-says-190404056--abc-news-politics.html

"The Obama Administration says despite Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's decision to exclude the assault weapons ban from comprehensive gun control for lack of votes, the President still supports it and urges the Senate to vote publicly on the proposal to eliminate "military-style weapons" from American streets as an amendment."

yes but as we all know obama doesnt really want an assault weapons ban right? its all lip service right? ::)