Author Topic: jon jones pussies out of fight with cormier,says he injured  (Read 8369 times)

thebrink

• Getbig V
Re: jon jones pussies out of fight with cormier,says he injured
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
I can't wait for the day when someone crushes Jon's face, submits him or puts him to sleep.  ;D

You won't. He'll avoid any fight with that possibility like the plague. Thats why he fights at light heavyweight.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »
i like watching the ones with tank abbott in them,he may not of been the most polished guy back in the mid 90,s but man he was violent n hit hard, i think he was kicking fryes ass in the ULTIMATE ULTIMATE n i believe if tank wouldnt of tripped over his own feet backing up he coulda won,frye was banged up n bloody n tank had no marks on him at all
R

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 02:13:06 PM »
i like watching the ones with tank abbott in them,he may not of been the most polished guy back in the mid 90,s but man he was violent n hit hard, i think he was kicking fryes ass in the ULTIMATE ULTIMATE n i believe if tank wouldnt of tripped over his own feet backing up he coulda won,frye was banged up n bloody n tank had no marks on him at all

That's Ultimate Ultimate 96. Great tournament.

Tank has said that he thinks that Mark Hall may have tapped quickly and let Frye beat him in the Semi's of Ultimate Ultimate 96.

Just as Anthony Macias tapped quickly in the semi's of UFC 6 to Oleg Taktarov. You can even see Macias wink at Taktarov before the fight.

(Both scenarios allowed Tank's opponent to enter the finals fresh & energetic in both those of tournaments)

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2014, 04:20:27 PM »

Awesome fight , one of my favorites.

Tank was a monster.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »
hows flexes ground game?,lol ,cormier would have him up in the air n slammed on his head in 3 seconds,unless flex brought in the ninjas n they attacked cormier from the back

Ground game? Flex would be knocked out in a half a second of stand up.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »

Tank has said that he thinks that Mark Hall may have tapped quickly and let Frye beat him in the Semi's of Ultimate Ultimate 96.

Just as Anthony Macias tapped quickly in the semi's of UFC 6 to Oleg Taktarov. You can even see Macias wink at Taktarov before the fight.

(Both scenarios allowed Tank's opponent to enter the finals fresh & energetic in both those of tournaments)

yeah macias n mark hall came out years ago when they had a falling out with a certain ufc person n told the truth on what happened,they said they where paid extra to throw the fight n lose so frye would b fresh fighting tank,same with macias n oleg,they didnt want tank beating oleg either cause the ufc did not want a self proclaimed bar room brawler representing their sport.i got a full contact fighter magazine here somewhere with the whole article about it
R

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
Awesome fight , one of my favorites.

Tank was a monster.
He was entertaining,that's for sure.  A little too one dimensional though to be considered a truly great fighter.
V

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2014, 05:58:55 PM »

It's been 15 years since I watched that Oleg/Macias fight but wasn't Anthony Macias the same 160 pound guy who got thrown around like a rag doll by Dan Severn?

Of course anything is possible but a talented fighter like Oleg taking out a fairly average fighter 50 pound lighter in a few minutes doesn't surprise me in the least.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »
yeah macias n mark hall came out years ago when they had a falling out with a certain ufc person n told the truth on what happened,they said they where paid extra to throw the fight n lose so frye would b fresh fighting tank,same with macias n oleg,they didnt want tank beating oleg either cause the ufc did not want a self proclaimed bar room brawler representing their sport.i got a full contact fighter magazine here somewhere with the whole article about it

Don "the dragonfly" Wilson?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
He was entertaining,that's for sure.  A little too one dimensional though to be considered a truly great fighter.

Of course not the best technician , but he'd be my first choice if I ever needed help in a bar fight against some bigger dudes  ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
i knew he would get scared

He could play for Brazil in the next football World Cup (if they qualify ) ;D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2014, 03:40:52 PM »
Don "the dragonfly" Wilson?