Author Topic: Bill-O may have his own Brian Williams Problem  (Read 12735 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bill-O may have his own Brian Williams Problem
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:15:12 PM »
Looks like 3 major holes in the war stories of Bill OReilly.  

First, you hear multiple statements about his 3 near-death experiences in these warzones.
Then you see multiple videos/facts debunking his claims, down to "No US reporters were there" and "This incident was 1000 miles away, a year after the war ended".  

They were right to bounce Brian Williams after lying about the helicopter incident.  If Bill-O lied about 1, or 2, or 3 incidents...  ???

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/02/bill-oreilly-brian-williams-falklands-war

(Go ahead and shit on the source if you're an idiot, if you have a brain, click the link and look at the evidence.  They've been building a case against him for 10 days and have done their research... you see him on FOX claiming things that may not have happened)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Bill-O may have his own Brian Williams Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
Well, we know bill-O was 1000 miles away from a warzone he claimed to be in.   That's no longer up for debate, the video proves he was 1000 miles away from the location he's been saying. 

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/02/bill-oreilly-mother-jones-report-garbage-202825.html

Who knows if this will end up being nothing, or end up being a series of exaggerations like those from B-Will.  Wouldn't surprise me if many of those in the anchor chair fudged their war experience for credibility.  The "right" discovered 11 major Williams lies very quickly.  If Bill-O told truth, he can quickly show us 3 pieces of video to shut up the doubters. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 09:20:22 PM »
This is getting ugly very fast.  OReilly calling Corn names.  He's pissed.  Good.  I hope he sues the pants off of MJ/Corn if they are lying. 

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/bill-oreilly-is-super-mad-at-mother-jones-heres-why/

Bill-O reports widespread violence and killings in the streets, but no other news outlet nor any official accounts of these killings exit.   The Falklands are the big point - OReilly now saying "I NEVER SAID I WAS IN THE FALKLANDS" but we hear him saying it over and over throughout the years.

Bill-O is my favorite voice on FOX news.  His new position of "I never said I was in the falklands..." may be the key issue.

OReilly can post pics/video of him in these places and SMASH the libs for this story.  Why he's calling names instead of simply posting pics?   I mean, he's a journalist, and these are 3 warzones he has claimed he's been in.  SURELY they are among his career highlights.  Post the video and pwn mother jones to the ground.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:24:27 PM »

First, you hear multiple statements about his 3 near-death experiences in these warzones.
Then you see multiple videos/facts debunking his claims, down to "No US reporters were there" and "This incident was 1000 miles away, a year after the war ended".  

They were right to bounce Brian Williams after lying about the helicopter incident.  If Bill-O lied about 1, or 2, or 3 incidents...  ???

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/02/bill-oreilly-brian-williams-falklands-war

(Go ahead and shit on the source if you're an idiot, if you have a brain, click the link and look at the evidence.  They've been building a case against him for 10 days and have done their research... you see him on FOX claiming things that may not have happened)

It never pays to lie.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:40:42 PM »
Hahaha. Poor 240. He tries so hard. Lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 02:23:21 AM »
Hahaha. Poor 240. He tries so hard. Lol

hey, i'm sure there's nothing to this story.  Still, Oreilly attacking the messenger was weird.  just post 3 videos/pics of him in these 3 zones and pwn mother jones into the ground. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 03:54:26 AM »
It never pays to lie.

For obama it sure does

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 04:42:08 AM »

The difference is Brian Williams used to have some credibility with the public.  Bill O never did... so there is nothing to lose.  Didn't he sexually harass and practically rape one of his staffers several years ago?  I remember that it was all very public.  He and the network cut her a check and moved on.  Their audience didn't care in the slightest.  Again, you can't lose credibility if you never had it to begin with.  Limbaugh and his drug addiction?  Same thing.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:55:40 AM »
The difference is Brian Williams used to have some credibility with the public.  Bill O never did... so there is nothing to lose.  Didn't he sexually harass and practically rape one of his staffers several years ago?  I remember that it was all very public.  He and the network cut her a check and moved on.  Their audience didn't care in the slightest.  Again, you can't lose credibility if you never had it to begin with.  Limbaugh and his drug addiction?  Same thing.  ::)

Bill Clinton and Juanita Broderick ring a bell ?   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 05:38:21 AM »
the fox news fans don't care they are use to being spoon feed lies  daily  :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 06:27:40 AM »
On average Fox is 60% false anyway. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 07:13:36 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D poor billy

"When hard news people deceive their viewers and readers to advance a political agenda, that's when the nation gets hurt," Fox News Sith lord Bill O'Reilly complained last week, after Brian Williams' high-profile face-plant. But a new report suggests O'Reilly's been similarly flogging a bogus story of military bravado for years.

Since at least 2001, O'Reilly has bragged about "having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war" in 1982. But Mother Jones editors David Corn and Daniel Schulman report that Bill's claims aren't supported by any facts, and are disputed by his ex-coworkers.

It started simply, with a one-line mention in a memoir that O'Reilly had worked "on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands." But by the time the Boston Marathon bombing happened in 2013, he was regaling Fox viewers with visceral details of being in the shit:

I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important.

The problem with that account, Corn and Schulman say, is O'Reilly had just managed to get into Buenos Aires before the quick war between Argentina and Great Britain ended. That didn't leave him much time to get downrange where the action was, across 1,200 miles of ocean. And it didn't make much sense to O'Reilly's CBS colleagues at the time:

American reporters were not on the ground in this distant war zone. "Nobody got to the war zone during the Falklands war," Susan Zirinsky, a longtime CBS News producer who helped manage the network's coverage of the war from Buenos Aires, tells Mother Jones. She does not remember what O'Reilly did during his time in Argentina. But she notes that the military junta kept US reporters from reaching the islands: "You weren't allowed on by the Argentinians. No CBS person got there."

That's how Bob Schieffer, who was CBS News' lead correspondent covering the Falklands war, recalls it: "Nobody from CBS got to the Falklands. I came close. We'd been trying to get somebody down there. It was impossible." He notes that NBC News reporter Robin Lloyd was the only American network correspondent to reach the islands. "I remember because I got my butt scooped on that," Schieffer says. "He got out there and we were all trying to get there." (Lloyd tells Mother Jones that he managed to convince the Argentine military to let him visit Port Stanley, the capital of the Falkland Islands, but he spent only a day there—and this was weeks before the British forces arrived and the fighting began.)

Schieffer adds, "For us, you were a thousand miles from where the fighting was. So we had some great meals."

The Mother Jones editors note that O'Reilly did witness a street protest that turned violent in the streets of the Argentine capital, but that he split the scene after losing out to Schieffer for the marquee coverage. "I got the hell out of Argentina fast, landed in Miami, and raised a major ruckus at the CBS offices there," O'Reilly wrote in his memoir.

The Miami area also happens to be where O'Reilly taught history in what he's called "a relatively poor school" in "the shabby, tough Florida town of Opa-Locka." That school was Monsignor Edward Pace High, a private prep that's been recognized as one of the top 50 Catholic high schools in the United States.

Update:

Bill speaks to Dylan Byers; emphasis added:

Bill O'Reilly says a new Mother Jones report alleging that the Fox News host made false claims about his Falklands War experience is "a piece of garbage" and that its principal author, David Corn, is "a liar."

In a telephone interview with the On Media blog, O'Reilly called Corn a "despicable guttersnipe" who has been trying to take him down "for years."

"It's a hit piece," O'Reilly said. "Everything I said about what I reported in South and Central America is true. Everything."

...In the interview, O'Reilly said that he never claimed to have been on the Falkland Islands.

"I was not on the Falkland Islands and I never said I was. I was in Buenos Aires... In Buenos Aires we were in a combat situation after the Argentines surrendered."

I'm just gonna leave this screenshot from the above post... here:

Report: Bill O'Reilly Has Been Telling Lies About War Exploits, Too

Meanwhile, Mother Jones has added a video supercut of O'Reilly's Falklands claims; we've swapped it in above. Enjoy.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14244451157808&key=b716156ab5ecd7182fdbf9e72d749dcb&libId=af1ff68e-f911-49b8-9ced-9503ba729f5e&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F1017246272&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Ffortressamerica.gawker.com%2Freport-bill-oreilly-has-been-telling-lies-about-war-ex-1686875692%3Frev%3D1424394429913&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F%3Fcom%3Dforum%26id%3D1017&title=Bill%20O'Reilly's%20war%20lies%20-%20a%20compilation%20(w%2F%20BillO%20response)%20-%20Democratic%20Underground&txt=http%3A%2F%2Ffortressamerica.gawker.com%2Freport-bill-oreilly-has-been-telling-lies-about-war-ex-1686875692%3Frev%3D1424394429913

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 08:53:49 AM »
OReilly should stop attacking the messenger, and start attacking the message.

He could publish video proving his claims, and VOILA, mother jones it disgraced. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 09:18:04 AM »
OReilly should stop attacking the messenger, and start attacking the message.

He could publish video proving his claims, and VOILA, mother jones it disgraced. 

only one problem he can't because they're right lol

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »
No one ever took O'Reilly seriously, even O' Reilly.  O'Reilly is a performer and professional screamer Williams is also nothing but a talking head but he attempted to create the imagine he was a serious journalist.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 11:00:02 AM »
No one ever took O'Reilly seriously, even O' Reilly.  O'Reilly is a performer and professional screamer Williams is also nothing but a talking head but he attempted to create the imagine he was a serious journalist.

well, oreilly took oreilly seriously.   Did you hear him lecturing that dude because he's been in 3 warzones and "oh, i didn't see him there when i was reporting from 3 warzones..."  LOL

Bill-O's claims were WAY bigger than "we took some rifle and RPG fire".   Bill-O claimed to be dragging wounded cameramen to safety and staring down armed bad guys who were feet away LOL. 

OReilly is either one of the most experienced war correspendents currently on tv, from his claims...
Or, like Williams, he's a lying sack of shit lol.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »
USA Today has the story now.

For example, In his 2001 book, The No Spin Zone: Confrontations With the Powerful and Famous in America, O'Reilly wrote, "You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."

Trouble is, no U.S. reporters got to the remote islands where the fighting took place. Only about 30 British journalists, accredited by the British government, made it there. Most of the journalists dispatched to cover the bizarre conflict did so from the safe confines of Buenos Aires, 1,200 miles away.

OReilly takes the time to call Corn a "disgusting piece of garbage" but doesn't take the time to explain why he considered being 1200 miles away in Buenos Aires to be part of the warzone.  No US reporters were allowed to be where OReilly claimed he was, and it's a claim he made over and over.

Bill-O trying like crazy now, to change things... "When you cover a war, you feel like you are in the war zone when you're covering protests too..."

bill-o is my favorite voice on fox, and I don't think he is going anywhere.  

Now THE BLAZE is pointing out his exact words, now proven to be not true:

I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete,” O’Reilly said, for instance, during a 2013 segment on his program.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/19/oreilly-blasts-disgusting-report-claiming-he-misled-viewers-about-war-reporting-bunch-of-lies/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »
On average Fox is 60% false anyway. 

LMAO....hahaha. Good one ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
More left wing nonsense

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 11:37:16 AM »
well, oreilly took oreilly seriously.   Did you hear him lecturing that dude because he's been in 3 warzones and "oh, i didn't see him there when i was reporting from 3 warzones..."  LOL

Bill-O's claims were WAY bigger than "we took some rifle and RPG fire".   Bill-O claimed to be dragging wounded cameramen to safety and staring down armed bad guys who were feet away LOL. 

OReilly is either one of the most experienced war correspendents currently on tv, from his claims...
Or, like Williams, he's a lying sack of shit lol.

O'Reilly is a joke that no one takes seriously.  He's an entertainer on an openly conservative news network. To reveal that O'Reilly is full of shit isn't much of a scandal.  While I don't care what Williams did the outrage stems in part from the fact he is newscaster for NBC nightly news.  Not only did he lie, he also soiled the reputation of what many consider to a premiere news program with a long and celebrated tradition of journalistic integrity.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 11:45:30 AM »
O'Reilly is a joke that no one takes seriously.  He's an entertainer on an openly conservative news network. To reveal that O'Reilly is full of shit isn't much of a scandal.  While I don't care what Williams did the outrage stems in part from the fact he is newscaster for NBC nightly news.  Not only did he lie, he also soiled the reputation of what many consider to a premiere news program with a long and celebrated tradition of journalistic integrity.

Bill-O is really one of the biggest faces of FOX news, just like B-Will was on NBC news.

B-Will did raps on the Tonight Show, lots of oddball shit - he was an entertainer too, in addition to being a news reader.

IMO, you're being very partisan here... they're both lying pieces of shit that exaggerated wartime experience in order to move up in the media world.  they both used it for credibility.  OReilly used it to shout down some lib journalists who hadn't been in war zones, like he had. 

Many people DO take Bill-O seriously.  Many people DO look to him for truth in a slanted world.  And if the right's defense of oreilly lying is simply "oh, he's just an entertainer" who lies abouot something as huge as a warzone... well, that'll hurt the right more than oreilly ever could.  Just admit he's a shitbird, if he lied, and leave it at that.  Changing the standards is bad, bad form.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »
More left wing nonsense

dude!  bro!  I thouoght you'd be the first to abandon that left/right bullshit and call orielly what he is - just as bad as brian williams.  toss in the fact he rubbed it in the face of some liberal reporters who weren't in the warzone.  "I didn't see you in the warzone where I was... where were you?" he once said. 

B-will, the bag of shite, was actually in a warzone, but the bullets went at another copter and he took credit.  boom, get outta here.
OReilly... he was in another country, chilling at a hotel, 1200 miles from the warzone, and rubbed it in the face of another media person saying "I didn't see YOU there..."

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 11:49:07 AM »
O'Reilly is a joke that no one takes seriously.  He's an entertainer on an openly conservative news network. To reveal that O'Reilly is full of shit isn't much of a scandal.  While I don't care what Williams did the outrage stems in part from the fact he is newscaster for NBC nightly news.  Not only did he lie, he also soiled the reputation of what many consider to a premiere news program with a long and celebrated tradition of journalistic integrity.

your right he is a joke but his loyal fans take him serious heck bet there are some on here but they will never admitt it ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 11:52:13 AM »
Bill-O is really one of the biggest faces of FOX news, just like B-Will was on NBC news.

B-Will did raps on the Tonight Show, lots of oddball shit - he was an entertainer too, in addition to being a news reader.

IMO, you're being very partisan here... they're both lying pieces of shit that exaggerated wartime experience in order to move up in the media world.  they both used it for credibility.  OReilly used it to shout down some lib journalists who hadn't been in war zones, like he had.  

Many people DO take Bill-O seriously.  Many people DO look to him for truth in a slanted world.  And if the right's defense of oreilly lying is simply "oh, he's just an entertainer" who lies abouot something as huge as a warzone... well, that'll hurt the right more than oreilly ever could.  Just admit he's a shitbird, if he lied, and leave it at that.  Changing the standards is bad, bad form.

I'm not being partisan at all.  I don't care about either nor do I watch either.  What you are failing to do is understand how NBC Nightly News is viewed in comparison to the O'Reilly Factor.   Nightly news has been on the air for decades and is considered a long standing institution within the realm of television news journalism.  O'Reilly Factor, not so much.

your right he is a joke but his loyal fans take him serious heck bet there are some on here but they will never admitt it ;D

I hate to break it to them but O'Reilly is as much an unbiased journalist as Jon Stewart.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 12:00:06 PM »
Nightly News has been on the air for forty-five years.  It's a brand with a legacy that will continue after Williams. Whether true or not, it's attempted to project an air of integrity that Williams threatened by lying.  The O'Reilly Factor consists of one screaming Irishman and will die with O'Reilly.
A