Author Topic: Bill-O may have his own Brian Williams Problem  (Read 12893 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bill-O may have his own Brian Williams Problem
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »
I'm not sure asking getbiggers to determine the better reputation of the two provides any kind of real answer to the question.  You go to India and ask them whether they like hamburgers or curry.  In terms of reputation from other journalists, I would wager Night News would win by a factor of a thousand.  And it's journalists who write the stories that appear in the media.

then we have to accept that CREDIBILITY is not a requirement in the long-time face/top show on FOX "news".

Now it's a major problem.  Now this backs up the studies showing fox less credible, and somehow it's cool because FOX is classified as entertainment now, and not News?

I cannot accept a scenario you're presenting, where FOX hosts can LIE because we don't expect credibility from them.  I can't.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
then we have to accept that CREDIBILITY is not a requirement in the long-time face/top show on FOX "news".

Now it's a major problem.  Now this backs up the studies showing fox less credible, and somehow it's cool because FOX is classified as entertainment now, and not News?

I cannot accept a scenario you're presenting, where FOX hosts can LIE because we don't expect credibility from them.  I can't.

Credibility may be a factor(pun intended) but its more about reputation not only of the Nightly News but Brian Williams.  O'Reilly's lie/embellishment whatever you want to call it also happened thirty years ago.  Williams was spreading his lies pretty recently. It's a fresher cut therefore it bleeds more and attracts the sharks.  I'm not saying a fox host can lie because we don't expect credibility.   Nightly News and Williams actively promoted the facade that they were an unbiased nonpartisan news organization.  Williams lies damaged his reputation but also the brand of NBC news.  It's also apparent that NBC news knew about his dishonesty and either ignored it or attempted to cover it up.  There is a lot more scandal worth material in that than some blow hard lying about something that happened thirty years ago.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
O'Reilly's lie/embellishment whatever you want to call it also happened thirty years ago.  Williams was spreading his lies pretty recently.

OReilly's claims/embelishments happened as recently as 2008.
He shit all over another reporter while making the claim in 2008.   

In his 2001 book, The No Spin Zone: Confrontations With the Powerful and Famous in America, O'Reilly stated, "You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."

Conservative journalist Tucker Carlson, in a 2003 book, described how O'Reilly answered a question during a Washington panel discussion about media coverage of the Afghanistan war: "Rather than simply answer the question, O'Reilly began by trying to establish his own bona fides as a war correspondent. 'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. I've almost been killed three times, okay.'"

In a 2004 column about US soldiers fighting in Iraq, O'Reilly noted, "Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash."

In 2008, he took a shot at journalist Bill Moyers, saying, "I missed Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland. I looked for Bill, but I didn't see him."

The more you look at it, the more you realize - the #1 host of the #1 show on the #1 cable news network has been full of shit repeatedly in his claims in recent years.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2015, 11:06:17 AM »
What are his claims about Northern Ireland.....please explain. You act as if you were there or have first hand knowlege that Bill is full of shit as fact...as opposed to parroting such sites as media matters.....your facts are as shakey as O'Reilly's explainations.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2015, 11:13:28 AM »
What are his claims about Northern Ireland.....please explain. You act as if you were there or have first hand knowlege that Bill is full of shit as fact...as opposed to parroting such sites as media matters.....your facts are as shakey as O'Reilly's explainations.

this is the point where Bill O Supporters will see an inability to disprove the Ireland claim as some sort of "vindication" of his disproved Falkland claims.

No need to get into his further claims, where he almost died in battle 3 times.  Ireland doesn't matter, although if it's anything like his assassination claim or falklands claim, wouldn't surprise me a bit.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2015, 11:20:34 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 240 you keep mentioning Northern Ireland....so whats the deal?  He was in a riot...people died as is backed by his former producer. It wasnt on the island but it was part of the conflict. He reported it.....he could be embellsihing a bit...but I don't know unless I see video of the riot with Bill in it. Your claims or proof are being generated by agencies that HATE FOX NEWS!
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 240 you keep mentioning Northern Ireland....so whats the deal? 

I keep mentioning argentina.  I wouldn't divert into a 2nd location/claim.  No sense muddying everything. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2015, 11:30:01 AM »
He never claimed the Falklands....he said he covered the war. Nobody got on the Island....maybe the BBC but I think most video was British Army.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »
He never claimed the Falklands.

Yes, he did.  

'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands,

"I missed Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland. I looked for Bill, but I didn't see him."

I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »
Meaning the conflict........I have no idea but I suspect its common knowledge atleast among journalists that there were none on the ground on the Island.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2015, 12:08:52 PM »
Meaning the conflict........I have no idea but I suspect its common knowledge atleast among journalists that there were none on the ground on the Island.

correct - and none of them have been claiming it while shitting on other reporters for not showing the bravery that they claim.

Bill-O got on the news on Feb 13th and took a victory lap over Williams, dissing in on the air for it.
Then it turns out, Bill-O made much bigger claims. 

Imagine if WIlliams' quote was "I was actually on a secret mission IN IRAN, and it was my THIRD mission where I was almost killed, people were getting shredded with machine gun fire all around me, and I personally saved an injured man that almost fell out of the chopper, and I didn't see YOU, Rush limbaugh, while I was doing all this heroic shit..."  -   Faked place, faked heroics, faked claims of deaths,

Bill-O did everything he could to make people think he was in the warzone, and that it was in the falklands.  And while doing so, he mocked others who lacked his incredible courage and experience for not being in the warzone with him

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »

brahahahah all the hippies were at Vietnam because they were at the protest in th u.s.  :D :D :D :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2015, 03:04:08 PM »
He never claimed the Falklands....he said he covered the war. Nobody got on the Island....maybe the BBC but I think most video was British Army.

Dude give it a rest.  His words claiming exactly that are documented.  Why is defending him so important to you?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »
would pay money to have keith olbermann back on TV to offer his take on Billo.
the loofah - gate era was priceless !
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2015, 10:49:09 PM »
WOW.... THIS is a big statement by OReilly.   He says such horrible things...and can't keep his lies straight.   :-\

The warzone fibs, the assassination obvious lie, and now his own words vindicating the haters... he's a serial liar, and nobody can deny it.  

I'm predicting at some point in the next 48 hours (maybe late fri news dump lol), OReilly gives a huge "explanation".  He'll get to keep his pride, he'll get to keep the "vindication", but he will explain that sometimes he gets "carried away" when trying to "make a point" and will sometimes "use creativity and exposition" to help his viewers relate to the experiences of others.

Then he takes a few voluntary weeks off to regroup, returns, and acts like nothing happens  :)

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly’s reporting is being questioned again, this time regarding his apparent claim that he witnessed American nuns being shot in the head in El Salvador.

According to Media Matters, O’Reilly contradicted his own reporting making that statement on the Dec. 14, 2012 episode of The O’Reilly Factor.

“My mother, for example, doesn’t understand evil. I would tell her, ‘Hey mom, I was in El Salvador and I saw nuns get shot in the back of the head,’” O’Reilly told guests Brian Russell and Karen Ruskin in a discussion following the Sandy Hook Elementary mass shooting attack. He made a similar remark on his radio show seven years earlier, saying, “I’ve seen guys gun down nuns in El Salvador.”

But O’Reilly had also stated on multiple occasions that he was not assigned to work in El Salvador for CBS News until after the nuns were raped, shot and killed by members of the country’s national guard in December 1980.

“Before I went to El Salvador in 1981, I talked with some experienced Latin American experts, people who had seen the brutal wars down there for themselves,” he said on the Factor on Feb. 22, 2002. “I had never been in a war zone before, so I wanted some prep.”

Seven years later, he told WVVH-TV that he went to El Salvador “right after” the shooting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2015, 03:16:12 AM »
WOW.... THIS is a big statement by OReilly.   He says such horrible things...and can't keep his lies straight.   :-\

The warzone fibs, the assassination obvious lie, and now his own words vindicating the haters... he's a serial liar, and nobody can deny it.  

I'm predicting at some point in the next 48 hours (maybe late fri news dump lol), OReilly gives a huge "explanation".  He'll get to keep his pride, he'll get to keep the "vindication", but he will explain that sometimes he gets "carried away" when trying to "make a point" and will sometimes "use creativity and exposition" to help his viewers relate to the experiences of others.

Then he takes a few voluntary weeks off to regroup, returns, and acts like nothing happens  :)

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly’s reporting is being questioned again, this time regarding his apparent claim that he witnessed American nuns being shot in the head in El Salvador.

According to Media Matters, O’Reilly contradicted his own reporting making that statement on the Dec. 14, 2012 episode of The O’Reilly Factor.

“My mother, for example, doesn’t understand evil. I would tell her, ‘Hey mom, I was in El Salvador and I saw nuns get shot in the back of the head,’” O’Reilly told guests Brian Russell and Karen Ruskin in a discussion following the Sandy Hook Elementary mass shooting attack. He made a similar remark on his radio show seven years earlier, saying, “I’ve seen guys gun down nuns in El Salvador.”

But O’Reilly had also stated on multiple occasions that he was not assigned to work in El Salvador for CBS News until after the nuns were raped, shot and killed by members of the country’s national guard in December 1980.

“Before I went to El Salvador in 1981, I talked with some experienced Latin American experts, people who had seen the brutal wars down there for themselves,” he said on the Factor on Feb. 22, 2002. “I had never been in a war zone before, so I wanted some prep.”

Seven years later, he told WVVH-TV that he went to El Salvador “right after” the shooting.

he's the gift that keeps giving  :D :D :D :D :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2015, 06:11:19 AM »

he's the gift that keeps giving  :D :D :D :D :D

Additional "vindication".

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2015, 09:20:46 AM »
or he will do what he did when he had his radio show and loofahgate was happening.
he made a final statement and said he will NEVER talk about this again and no calls will be accepted that bring up this topic.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »
or he will do what he did when he had his radio show and loofahgate was happening.
he made a final statement and said he will NEVER talk about this again and no calls will be accepted that bring up this topic.

Brian williams should have just done that. 

James

« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2015, 10:35:36 AM »
Looks like 3 major holes in the war stories of Bill OReilly.  

First, you hear multiple statements about his 3 near-death experiences in these warzones.
Then you see multiple videos/facts debunking his claims, down to "No US reporters were there" and "This incident was 1000 miles away, a year after the war ended".  

They were right to bounce Brian Williams after lying about the helicopter incident.  If Bill-O lied about 1, or 2, or 3 incidents...  ???

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/02/bill-oreilly-brian-williams-falklands-war

(Go ahead and shit on the source if you're an idiot, if you have a brain, click the link and look at the evidence.  They've been building a case against him for 10 days and have done their research... you see him on FOX claiming things that may not have happened)

The banning of certain bullets (more to come), executive amnesty,  government takeover of the healthcare, government takeover of the internet, etc. but lets spend all days talking about BOR to deflect from what Obama is doing ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »
The banning of certain bullets (more to come), executive amnesty,  government take over the our healthcare, government take over the our internet, etc. but lets spend all days talking about BOR to deflect from what Obama is doing ::)

if anybody wants to discuss it they'll go on the thread you started,stay on topic

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:57 AM »
Good Ole Bill.  Another loud mouth Irishman. But seriously, what do people hope to accomplish by pointing out O'Reilly's lies?  Fox won't fire him and his reputation will remain exactly the same.
A

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2015, 01:07:52 PM »
Good Ole Bill.  Another loud mouth Irishman. But seriously, what do people hope to accomplish by pointing out O'Reilly's lies?  Fox won't fire him and his reputation will remain exactly the same.
what would do him in would be another sex scandal.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2015, 01:18:32 PM »
what would do him in would be another sex scandal.

You're absolutely right.  That would bury him for good.
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »
Can't think of many that can survive a sex scandal.  Except Arnold.