Author Topic: The 2024 General Election  (Read 45443 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The 2024 General Election
« on: February 16, 2023, 10:14:11 PM »
I know it's early. 

I don't believe Haley has a snowball's chance.  It is a two-horse race for the GOP nomination:  Trump or DeSantis.  I initially thought DeSantis had no chance.  Now I'm not so sure.

Poll: Trump Leads Crowded GOP Primary Field in South Carolina
NICK GILBERTSON
15 Feb 20236

Former President Donald Trump leads former Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) and his other potential Republican primary opponents in South Carolina, the second GOP primary state in the nation, according to a poll.

Trump has the support of 35.1 percent of South Carolina Republican primary voters sampled in a Neighborhood Research and Media poll released Wednesday, giving him a double-digit lead.

. . .
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/15/poll-trump-leads-crowded-gop-primary-field-in-south-carolina/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: The 2024 General Election
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 01:28:35 AM »
The more people who enter the race increases Trump's chances.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 06:10:07 AM »
Wish Trump, HRC, Biden, Pelosi, and all the other old politicians would just retire.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 06:23:27 AM »
Obviously some of the ones entering are just looking for attention or future admin positions.  Haley, Chris, Pence, Scott, Cruz, Pompeo, etc.  they will just "blip and dip" on the election radar and that's it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 06:28:45 AM »
Wish Trump, HRC, Biden, Pelosi, and all the other old politicians would just retire.

&t=85s    that's what I'm talking ABOUT. none of these people are even going to be around in 10 years, yet they're  deciding the future for better or worse for future generations.
F

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 07:51:08 PM »

I agree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 07:54:41 PM »
Obviously some of the ones entering are just looking for attention or future admin positions.  Haley, Chris, Pence, Scott, Cruz, Pompeo, etc.  they will just "blip and dip" on the election radar and that's it.

The Democrats sure have a strong bench:

Kamala Harris
Bernie Sanders
Gavin Newsome
Mayor Pete

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2023, 07:55:59 PM »
RNC weighs requiring loyalty pledge from every 2024 GOP candidate to support eventual Republican nominee
Trump and some potential 2024 Republican presidential contenders have signaled they might not back the eventual GOP nominee
By Paul Steinhauser | Fox NewsPublished
February 18, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rnc-weighs-requiring-loyalty-pledge-every-2024-gop-candidate-support-eventual-republican-nominee

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 01:21:03 AM »
RNC weighs requiring loyalty pledge from every 2024 GOP candidate to support eventual Republican nominee
Trump and some potential 2024 Republican presidential contenders have signaled they might not back the eventual GOP nominee
By Paul Steinhauser | Fox NewsPublished
February 18, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rnc-weighs-requiring-loyalty-pledge-every-2024-gop-candidate-support-eventual-republican-nominee
We already know Trump won't make that pledge.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 05:18:06 AM »
The Democrats sure have a strong bench:

Kamala Harris
Bernie Sanders
Gavin Newsome
Mayor Pete

Being the incumbent, they don't have to have a strong field.  Historically, the sitting party never really fields strong candidates for a POTUS reelection year.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 05:18:46 AM »

Didn't he hint/threaten at a doing a third party run if he were not the candidate for the GOP?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 01:20:00 PM »

I doubt he will. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 01:21:46 PM »
Being the incumbent, they don't have to have a strong field.  Historically, the sitting party never really fields strong candidates for a POTUS reelection year.

The incumbent has never been this old or mentally incompetent.  Even Democrats don't want Biden to run.  Same old story.  Democrats never liked him, even when had his mental faculties. 

But the fact is the Democrat bench is awful.  Good luck with Kamala Harris. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 02:33:27 PM »
DeSantis should just announce Tulsi as his running mate and smash the field. Then, let me smash Tulsi.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 02:43:06 PM »
Trump needs to tone down his attacks on those are or may run against him and won’t fly this time. He pissed me off when he started attacking DeSantis. Totally uncalled for

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2023, 02:44:13 PM »
DeSantis should just announce Tulsi as his running mate and smash the field. Then, let me smash Tulsi.

Have thought this for awhile.

Except the you smashing part.

DeSantis could pick Gabbard as a VP and throw everything into a tizzy.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2023, 04:07:26 PM »
The incumbent has never been this old or mentally incompetent.  Even Democrats don't want Biden to run.  Same old story.  Democrats never liked him, even when had his mental faculties. 

But the fact is the Democrat bench is awful.  Good luck with Kamala Harris.

Many Repubs didn't want Trumpy to run in 2020.  But he did with little to no opposition. 

The GOP is even far more awful. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 04:53:53 PM »

Intriguing.  (Not the smash part lol.) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2023, 04:55:11 PM »
Many Repubs didn't want Trumpy to run in 2020.  But he did with little to no opposition. 

The GOP is even far more awful.

If you think DeSantis, Pompeo, Tim Scott, etc. are "far more awful" than Kamala Harris, Hillary, Gavin Newsome, and Mayor Pete then you need to put the crack pipe down. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2023, 06:38:26 PM »
And Vivek Ramaswamy just threw his hat in the ring.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 12:40:23 AM »
Smash Tulsi's tushy?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 02:48:03 PM »
'Woke, Inc.' author Vivek Ramaswamy enters White House race

Vivek Ramaswamy, a wealthy biotech entrepreneur and investor and the author of “Woke, Inc.,” has entered the Republican race for president.

In a video released Tuesday night, Ramaswamy, 37, formally launched his longshot bid by decrying what he called a “national identity crisis” that he claims is driven by a left-wing ideology that has replaced “faith, patriotism and hard work” with “new secular religions like COVID-ism, climate-ism and gender ideology."

“We have obsessed so much over our diversity and our difference that we forgot all the ways we’re really just the same as Americans," he says.

In a Wall Street Journal editorial published at the same time, he pledged to repeal civil service protections for federal workers if he wins, as well as work to eliminate affirmative action, including directing the Justice Department to prosecute “illegal race-based preferences."

Born in Ohio, Ramaswamy, the son of Indian immigrants, founded a biotechnology company before becoming the partner of a hedge fund. He is the author of the books “Woke, Inc.” and “Nation of Victims" and gained stature in conservative circles for his criticism of the environmental, social and corporate governance movement that aims to promote socially responsible investing.

Ramaswamy enters what is expected to be a crowded Republican field that already includes former President Donald Trump and his former ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woke-inc-author-vivek-ramaswamy-024004297.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2023, 09:15:23 PM »
Biden may not run — and top Dems are quietly preparing
The president no longer seems absolutely certain to go for a second term, leaving the party, his top aides and potential candidates unsure about '24 and very quietly mulling plan B.
By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO, JONATHAN LEMIRE, ELI STOKOLS, HOLLY OTTERBEIN and ELENA SCHNEIDER
02/22/2023
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/22/bidenworld-joe-may-not-run-2024-00083905

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2023, 09:18:18 PM »
Back to the Basement, Joe? Biden Reportedly Wants 2024 Campaign HQ in His Wilmington Home
By Mike Miller
February 21, 2023
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/02/21/back-to-the-basement-joe-biden-reportedly-wants-2024-campaign-hq-in-his-wilmington-home-n706636

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2023, 09:43:17 PM »
Democratic support for Biden in 2024 rises while Republicans grow skeptical of Trump: poll
Donald Trump launched his 2024 White House campaign in November; President Biden has yet to announce a re-election bid
By Andrew Murray , Paul Steinhauser
Published February 22, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratic-support-biden-2024-rises-republicans-grow-skeptical-trump-poll