Author Topic: Flex Lewis - Full Tendon Tear off the Bone  (Read 2803 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Flex Lewis - Full Tendon Tear off the Bone
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2024, 10:16:43 AM »
At least he didn’t pull a Frank Zane and had a folding lawn chair lacerate his cock

That has happened to all of us!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2024, 12:40:19 AM »
That has happened to all of us!
Thankfully not.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2024, 04:32:32 AM »
when do you ever hear of this happening to a lifetime natural unless they have some insane injury like being attacked by an animal or falling from a great height? haha these bodybuilders rip their muscles getting in and out of a car.

Happens ALL the time actually. Biceps tears are typically from lifting your sofa or a washing machine, or from a small fall.
There were several here who said common folks had tears. My boss didn't believe me when went to him to say I got injured moving a welding machine, "you did what? That's impossible." Some have blown out their backs by lifting a sheet of paper.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2024, 04:57:25 AM »
Thankfully not.

You’re one of the lucky ones. Zane almost lost his cock

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2024, 07:01:32 AM »
At least he didn’t pull a Frank Zane and had a folding lawn chair lacerate his cock
Is what?
Care to elaborate?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2024, 07:18:56 AM »
I quit doing Preacher Curls years ago.....very dangerous especially for an ego trainer......started deadlifting again but gave it up quickly.

Now I do Cable Preachers with a moderate weight with partials from the top and bottom at times to extend the set.

I`ve trained heavier than a muthafucker for a guy my size over the years, and it got me nowhere fast,except I did get stronger........3 bulging discs are no fun.

Now I train as heavy as I can for the reps I`m gunning for in my mind......no more singles,doubles, or triples etc.......an occasional set of 5 reps, and at my age that's probably not too smart but I do a lot more warning up these days.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2024, 07:20:09 AM »
Happens ALL the time actually. Biceps tears are typically from lifting your sofa or a washing machine, or from a small fall.
There were several here who said common folks had tears. My boss didn't believe me when went to him to say I got injured moving a welding machine, "you did what? That's impossible." Some have blown out their backs by lifting a sheet of paper.
Very true.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2024, 02:33:20 PM »
Yes and that is because the weight of a furniture or whatever you pick up will be heavier than the heaviest dumbell you ever curled, naturally you are going to get hurt if you instinctually try to catch that weight especially in the most vaunerable extended position.

And you can't compare it to the deadlift, because in the deadlift is a controlled lift, you know you are just using your arms as hooks, you do not try to curl the bar. In a sudden movement where you try catch a furniture or whatever you will sometimes instinctually try to catch the weight with your bicep.

so advice for bodybuilders, don't do manual labour, or help your buddies moving furniture.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2024, 03:16:04 PM »
Yes and that is because the weight of a furniture or whatever you pick up will be heavier than the heaviest dumbell you ever curled, naturally you are going to get hurt if you instinctually try to catch that weight especially in the most vaunerable extended position.

And you can't compare it to the deadlift, because in the deadlift is a controlled lift, you know you are just using your arms as hooks, you do not try to curl the bar. In a sudden movement where you try catch a furniture or whatever you will sometimes instinctually try to catch the weight with your bicep.

so advice for bodybuilders, don't do manual labour, or help your buddies moving furniture.

Yes you shouldn't lift anything heavy with a supinated hand. And it happens frequently in the deadlift too when someone bends the elbow even slightly.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2024, 12:22:14 AM »
You’re one of the lucky ones. Zane almost lost his cock
If he had we could no longer call him MISTER Olympia.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2024, 01:03:32 PM »
I quit doing Preacher Curls years ago.....very dangerous especially for an ego trainer......started deadlifting again but gave it up quickly.

Now I do Cable Preachers with a moderate weight with partials from the top and bottom at times to extend the set.

I`ve trained heavier than a muthafucker for a guy my size over the years, and it got me nowhere fast,except I did get stronger........3 bulging discs are no fun.

Now I train as heavy as I can for the reps I`m gunning for in my mind......no more singles,doubles, or triples etc.......an occasional set of 5 reps, and at my age that's probably not too smart but I do a lot more warning up these days.
You can continue to do preacher curls, just go very light, 10 lbs