Author Topic: Muslim dude was very agressive at McDonalds....did I handle it wisely?  (Read 4492 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Muslim dude was very agressive at McDonalds....did I handle it wisely?
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 04:11:49 PM »
You should of called Mensa B he knows how to handle a muslim.

Tito and yours truly live more closely 8)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »
Tito and yours truly live more closely 8)
  8)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »
You had your kids bro, you did the right thing. I may have had more words with him just to show my kids its ok to stick up for yourself and not let someone talk to you like that in hopes the dude touched me. I tell my kids to always walk away if possible but if they touch you ...lay them out until someone pulls you off them.

Long story you did good. No need for your kids to see you beat some skinny rude asshole to death.

If kids weren't there you could just go outside, take off your rear license plate, wait for him then beat him against his own car :)

...drive a couple blocks down and put your plate back on. Don't ask me how I came up with the idea, know that it has been tested and approved  ;)

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 04:24:28 PM »
of course it's not racist

NOBODY in holland is racist

Just wish the fellow a merry christmas and be on your way!

::)
"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »

Haha never gets old!  ;D

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »
Here...just in case you have a future need.

http://www.hidetheplate.com/

BTW they make them for motorcycles and they work great :)

Ghostplate.com for example.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 04:32:11 PM »
You should have reminded him Muhammad was a pedo and also a false prophet.
V

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 04:32:23 PM »
of course it's not racist

NOBODY in holland is racist

Just wish the fellow a merry christmas and be on your way!

::)

You must be a well-respected, but butt hurt member of the Surinam/Antillian community right?  ::)
Oh, and it's Sinterklaas dumbass ::)

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 04:44:35 PM »
It is incidents like this where we fail to stand our ground even though we are right that gives these types of undesirable immigrants the impression of weakness. This is why they pull the escapades that they do. Had you laid him out it most likely would have been the last time he pulled that by doing nothing you passively encouraged him to do this again. It is a difficult situation because of the children. If in your situation I would have taken my rightful turn in line odds are he would have done nothing, you would not have to fight, children would have been safe, and the screaming undesirable would have learned some etiquette about waiting ones turn

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 10:25:26 PM »
It is incidents like this where we fail to stand our ground even though we are right that gives these types of undesirable immigrants the impression of weakness. This is why they pull the escapades that they do. Had you laid him out it most likely would have been the last time he pulled that by doing nothing you passively encouraged him to do this again. It is a difficult situation because of the children. If in your situation I would have taken my rightful turn in line odds are he would have done nothing, you would not have to fight, children would have been safe, and the screaming undesirable would have learned some etiquette about waiting ones turn

Oh yes, because people butting in line to get McD's fast food DESERVE TO GET LAID OUT!

Sheesh!!! Where does all this masculine insecurity come from?

Next you'll be saying cops are justified to unleash a hail of bullets into a vehicle, on a busy residential side-street with kids milling about for the unspeakable crime of using his cell phone when driving ::)  ::)

w

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
Oh yes, because people butting in line to get McD's fast food DESERVE TO GET LAID OUT!

Next you'll be saying cops are justified to unleash a hail of bullets into a vehicle, on a busy residential side-street with kids milling about for the unspeakable crime of using his cell phone when driving ::)  ::)

The Police are far more frightening than any criminals.
V

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 11:05:35 PM »
Two days ago I was at McDonalds with my sons. Been waiting in line, was our turn. But suddenly an Arab looking guy started to yell at me/us that he was first. I'm sure he was from Marrocco. Dude wasn't even in the building when we went in.

I was with my kids, so I told him: "It was our turn, but please be my guest, there are worse things in this world to get upset about". He just kept on making insults in a very unpleasant way, my sons felt very uneasy, so i just kept my mouth shut, even when he walked away with one last insult.

I'm not racist at all, but I really had the urge to tell him to go back to his own country if he didn't like mine.

You think I handled this correctly, or should I have made an example and knocked his teeth. He definitely was smaller and weaker than me.... :-X
you did the best thing.  I had a similar thing happen at walmart tonight.. Guy was cursing and swearing like a sailor in front of my son complaining that he was gonna be in line all fucking night... I was about to say something and my son says.. Daddy can I tell that man to stop.   I turn to the guy and say "would you like to go ahead of us because we are not in a hurry"  So he looks at me and I think he got the impression that I was less than happy with his mouth.  He says " no no we can wait but thank you sir for the offer.   I thought to myself WTF  10 years ago I would have knock his teeth out for him and sent him on his way,.     
a

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 11:55:35 PM »
you did the best thing.  I had a similar thing happen at walmart tonight.. Guy was cursing and swearing like a sailor in front of my son complaining that he was gonna be in line all fucking night... I was about to say something and my son says.. Daddy can I tell that man to stop.   I turn to the guy and say "would you like to go ahead of us because we are not in a hurry"  So he looks at me and I think he got the impression that I was less than happy with his mouth.  He says " no no we can wait but thank you sir for the offer.   I thought to myself WTF  10 years ago I would have knock his teeth out for him and sent him on his way,.    

BRAVO!!! Well Done Sir! Aren't you glad you're 10 years wiser?  :)
w

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 02:57:34 AM »

I think you need to Re read my post I never said anyone should have been laid out ::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 05:54:43 AM »
I have a child and think differently now, and although I would have decked him in my heyday, today I would have just told him, "you weren't in line before me" and turned around.  I don't care if that isn't the way to handle it, but it's situations like this that make me sick.  It's a microcosm of everyday life.  No one wants to take responsibility for anything, and they all think they are entitled to something.  Wait your turn in line just like everybody else.  Dr. Dutch, while you did the wise thing, as nothing bad happened, I think you enabled this type of behavior to go on by not letting the gentleman know he was in the wrong.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:38 AM »
you must be small and look like you don't lift.
I'm not small, but fully dressed the difference between muscle and fat isn't obvious, dude...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »
You did the right thing.

You had your kids with you and you never know what the other person might be capable of. He could have been carrying a concealed weapon (gun, knife etc.).

If you were alone and he pulled that stunt, you could have always made it uncomfortable for him. In other words, as he started his nonsense and insults, you could have yelled out at the top of your lungs, "I will not have sex with you sir, I just won't do that kind of thing, so stop pushing me for sex you weirdo!"...

Punching him, would probably have been a little much since he technically was just being rude versus actually threatening to physically hurt you.

"1"
Haha yeah that would have been fun.  :D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 11:48:43 AM »
how did you know he was Muslim?
If he was say, a german looking, agressive dude would you have had the same reactions?
Same reaction for a German or American or Chinese, but you are right about my generalisation that a north African must be Muslim. That could not have been the case. People are prone to categorize people, me too.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 11:53:27 AM »
You could not have handled the situation better!  Well done!   :)
Thank you. I talked about it with my boys afterwards, was educational I think. Avoid problems, walk away. But I also told them that if this dude had attacked me, I definitely would have defended myself. That's how I try to raise them....

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 11:54:46 AM »
If he was a Moroccan by the name of Badr Hari I would have apologized profusely on my obvious wrong doing and paid for his meal.
Agree on that one..... ;)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »
I have a child and think differently now, and although I would have decked him in my heyday, today I would have just told him, "you weren't in line before me" and turned around.  I don't care if that isn't the way to handle it, but it's situations like this that make me sick.  It's a microcosm of everyday life.  No one wants to take responsibility for anything, and they all think they are entitled to something.  Wait your turn in line just like everybody else.  Dr. Dutch, while you did the wise thing, as nothing bad happened, I think you enabled this type of behavior to go on by not letting the gentleman know he was in the wrong.
You are right exactly. That's why I made it a thread.... :(

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 12:06:14 PM »
I quiet understand the generalisation but you went on and decided to report this matter in religious and national terms so its not clear whither you were pissed off with a young mans rudness or whither his supposed relgious and national affiliation increased that pissed off feeling.
I am of an age that remembers the sometimes downright rude and hostile comment said directly and behind the backs of a large and sudden (by the standards of the time) dutch migration to Munster in the late 70ies / early 80ies.

by the way I do think you handled the actual incident in the restaurant well. My moan? is about your style of reporting it here

I think my style is quiet moderate....and I don't get the Munster migration. Can you give me a hint about that one too ?

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 05:59:19 PM »
Your behavior is appropriate, given a simple utility function with diminishing marginal utility for smashing sand kneegarian faces in fast "food" establishments in light of uncertainty regarding their suicide bomberhood.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 09:04:38 PM »
BRAVO!!! Well Done Sir! Aren't you glad you're 10 years wiser?  :)
A little bit of yes and a little bit of no.   Sometimes I like to be the one to tea h people their manners     Mostly in the end your right.   I like to do the right thing
a

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 04:19:35 PM »
I think you need to Re read my post I never said anyone should have been laid out ::)

Sorry I gave you the impression I thought you felt he deserved to be laid out.
I thought you were simply describing a prevalent attitude among many men.

ps: Since I realize my musings aren't always clear to the reader, and so prone to being misinterpreted,
for the record, I wasn't referring to YOU when I cite 'masculine insecurity'. i was referring to the mentality that dictates everything & everyone needs to be crushed for the slightest little infraction... whether real or perceived.
w