Author Topic: Baby dies after being attacked by Rottweillers  (Read 4503 times)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
Baby dies after being attacked by Rottweillers
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:35:55 AM »
Only a few details but it looks to me like they were family dogs which turned on a baby. How sad, but of course it can't be the dogs fault can it!

A baby has died after an attack by dogs in the New Parks area of Leicester.

Police and ambulance personnel were called to the scene of the attack, at living premises at The Rocket public house in Stephenson Drive, shortly before 4pm on Saturday, September 23.

The five-month-old girl was rushed to Leicester Royal Infirmary, but tragically died from her injuries.

Two Rottweiller dogs were removed from the scene by police.

Officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Issued on 24/09/06 at 12:34

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Baby dies after being attacked by Rottweillers
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:13:27 AM »
these dogs are an abomination >:(

E
E

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 07:23:22 AM »
these dogs are an abomination >:(

E

The dogs and the owners should be tortured.

Maybe put in a cage with a pride of lions, to make sure they knew how that poor little girl felt >:(

FUCKING SCUM

There is NO justification for having these dogs surely?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 08:15:59 AM »
The dogs and the owners should be tortured.

Maybe put in a cage with a pride of lions, to make sure they knew how that poor little girl felt >:(

FUCKING SCUM

There is NO justification for having these dogs surely?

these people need these dogs because they know they are pussies and the macho dogs make them feel tough

why do scumbags always own pitbulls and rottweilers?

E
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 08:37:47 AM »
Oh boy... Here we go again ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 08:49:04 AM »
Oh boy... Here we go again ::)

What? you think there's justification?

There's surely a certain mentallity from these types of people. Why not get a labby or something tame like that?

I know people are gonna argue about it's the owners fault yada yada... and that your pit is the tamest dog in the world yada yada... ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 09:04:52 AM »
  Pitbulls and Rot(ten)weilers are naturally aggressive dogs. Hell, I say toss the parents to the dogs too for being so fucking stupid.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 09:19:48 AM »
What? you think there's justification?

There's surely a certain mentallity from these types of people. Why not get a labby or something tame like that?

I know people are gonna argue about it's the owners fault yada yada... and that your pit is the tamest dog in the world yada yada... ::)
Are you kidding, If you break into my home,... ah lets just say it'll be the last fucking time...  Hey, it's as American as guns and apple pie... We have a right to protect our lives and private property.  First of all there are no details to this story but it didn't stop you from saying what needs to happen ::)  Wait until the facts are posted before determining who's guilty and why.  Everytime something like this happens, there are cries to get rid of the whole dog breed.  That's what I meant about here we go again...  Some want to get rid of the most dangerous dogs.  Then when they're gone, there is a next most dangerous dog, get rid of them then, and the what... Oh then there's a next most dangerous dog, German Shepherds.... You're getting rid of those in America over my dead body mother fucker.  This is a tragedy, the answer is not getting rid of the dogs.  Get rid of the bad dog owners.  Don't take it out on the owners who have done everything right because they ARE the majority.  That's what I meant by here we go again... This conversation always get launched by hot heads emotionalized by the story rather than common sense.

yada yada???  You're a Jewish Nordic Superman?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 09:58:37 AM »
Sweet Jesus that is bad. My god. The only way this crap is going to stop is if owners get some very serious jail time. My heart goes out to that baby and family.
The House that Ruth built

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 10:01:50 AM »
First off I'm not negating the seriousness of the attack, it's horrible & yes something needs to be done but I just wanted to give a little something from the other end of the spectum concerning this breed (& yes I've owned 2 Rottie's over the yrs):

Rottweilers can be friends, therapy dogs, too
(from Pet Tales with Linda Wilson Fuoco)

When Judy Gates saw a big black and tan dog wandering in a North Hills shopping center parking lot on a cold, January night, she was sad. The dog had no collar, its head was hanging down and it had that scared, lost look that tugs at the heartstrings of dog lovers.

Gates hesitated for only a second. Then, in a giant leap of faith, she opened the back door of her car and invited the dog in.

Gates briefly had second thoughts as she was driving to her Cranberry home, for she knew what the dog was. The nearly-100-pound canine was a Rottweiler - a breed sharp of tooth and strong of jaw, a breed that is feared and even hated in many quarters.

"I looked in the rearview mirror and the dog was sitting quietly in the back seat, looking relieved and happy," Gates says one year later.

Gates never found the owner, though she contacted police departments and pursued every avenue she could think of. But that was OK because, Gates relates, "I fell in love with her right away."

So did her two Labrador retrievers, Brittany, 6, and Gypsy, 14.

She named her Carlee, in honor of Carl, the gentle, baby-sitting male Rottweiler featured in the wonderful children's books by Alexandra Day. Gates' veterinarian thinks Carlee is about 3 years old.

I met Carlee recently as she visited patients at UPMC Passavant hospital in McCandless. She calmly walked up to patients in wheelchairs, gazed into their eyes and wagged her stumpy tail when petted. She quietly approached patients in hospital beds, bringing smiles to faces that had been furrowed with anxiety and pain.

One elderly woman tentatively put her hand out to Carlee and said, "Shake!" She crowed with delight when the command was obeyed.

I stooped down to pet her, and Carlee licked my face. I didn't see her lick any patients, but she seemed to know that I welcome this kind of attention. This is one of the nicest dogs I've ever met. It breaks my heart to know that many, many people - including elected officials - think that all Rottweilers should be banned.

Carlee is not an aberration. Rottweilers regularly rack up high scores in obedience trials. They are often used as service dogs for people in wheelchairs. They do stellar work for police departments; the same dogs that attack "bad guys" gently meet and greet schoolchildren in "Officer Friendly" programs. And they are loving, devoted pets for many, many families.

Rottweilers are so good at these things because they are smart, versatile, highly trainable, loyal, loving, brave and oh-so-willing to please the people they love. But in the hands of the wrong people, a Rottweiler or a big, powerful dog of any breed is an absolute menace. Don't blame or ban an entire breed.

Perhaps you've heard that Rottweilers are vicious toward other dogs. You should see Carlee with her therapy co-workers - Oliver, a Newfoundland owned by Mary O'Day of Franklin Park and Cali, a Labrador retriever owned by Meg Yates of Cranberry. Oliver and Cali are just as wonderful as Carlee, but people usually aren't surprised to meet a "nice" Newf or a lovable Lab.

Gates, a lifelong Lab owner, says she has always admired therapy dogs. She always thought her own pets were a bit too exuberant for therapy work. Until she rescued Carlee.

Blessed with the perfect therapy dog temperament, Carlee functions as an ambassador for her bedeviled breed.

"My mission is to defend this breed," Gates said. "By taking Carlee to hospitals and nursing homes, I can show everyone that this is a really good breed."

As a little extra insurance, Gates took Carlee to the Paws-Itive Academy training facility in Crafton. On her very first try, Carlee passed the therapy dog certification test. It includes greeting strangers - human and canine - with no show of fear, aggression or boisterous affection.

"I gave a speech about Carlee and Rottweilers in Toastmasters. People said they had no idea that some breeds are so threatened."

So kudos to UPMC for inviting Carlee and other therapy dogs into medical facilities. And kudos to owners like Gates, O'Day and Yates for finding time in their busy schedules to share their wonderful dogs with patients who need a morale boost. Gates works at Passavant as a clinical dietitian by day, and a volunteer by night.

As for Carlee,with a nod to Alexandra Day who always ends her books with: "Good dog, Carl!",I'll end this column with "Good dog, Carlee!"

BKS approved

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 10:15:30 AM »
Are you kidding, If you break into my home,... ah lets just say it'll be the last fucking time...  Hey, it's as American as guns and apple pie... We have a right to protect our lives and private property.  First of all there are no details to this story but it didn't stop you from saying what needs to happen ::)  Wait until the facts are posted before determining who's guilty and why.  Everytime something like this happens, there are cries to get rid of the whole dog breed.  That's what I meant about here we go again...  Some want to get rid of the most dangerous dogs.  Then when they're gone, there is a next most dangerous dog, get rid of them then, and the what... Oh then there's a next most dangerous dog, German Shepherds.... You're getting rid of those in America over my dead body mother fucker.  This is a tragedy, the answer is not getting rid of the dogs.  Get rid of the bad dog owners.  Don't take it out on the owners who have done everything right because they ARE the majority.  That's what I meant by here we go again... This conversation always get launched by hot heads emotionalized by the story rather than common sense.

yada yada???  You're a Jewish Nordic Superman?

A nordic jew? ???

That makes as much sense as islam being a peaceful religion.

What would happen if...

All vicious breeds of dogs were banned (excluding police force etc). Would less people die?

YES/NO

I don't want some libby faggo answer skirting round the question...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 10:43:17 AM »
A nordic jew? ???

What would happen if...

All vicious breeds of dogs were banned (excluding police force etc). Would less people die?

YES/NO

Exactly why you need to keep your fucking British politics confined to your own goddamned country... f**k off now...

Come on.... Am I the only person who thinks it sounds strange to hear a guy calling himself Nordic Superman saying "Yada Yada"  ;D It's a little funny... Laugh it off ;D

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 10:51:38 AM »
All about the owners. Good dogs and bad dogs, and both need attention if you bring them in your home and you are held responsible for the dogs actions, why 2 dogs that are big and like to fight and play with each other are around a baby is careless, and sad.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 11:21:11 AM »
A nordic jew? ???

What would happen if...

YES/NO

Ban the damn things!

Seriously, I've heard so many stories of attacks, most of which don't even make the news and I'm in NY where a lot of attacks by breeds such as pits and rottweillers take place everyday.

I know there are responsible owners out there that take good care of their dogs and their dogs are tame, but a lot of owners don't. If people can't be responsible and are putting others at risk, then they shouldn't keep these breeds. It's sad that you have these wanna-be gangster assholes who always own these dogs and think it's cool or something when they attack another person.  ::)

body88

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 11:27:38 AM »
  Pitbulls and Rot(ten)weilers are naturally aggressive dogs. Hell, I say toss the parents to the dogs too for being so fucking stupid.

Oh brother..... Scientific proof disputes that claim... You are blatently wrong with that statement.

To the parents of this child. Great job leaving your baby alone with giant dogs capable of doing just this. ANIMALS people dogs are ANIMALS. This has happened with every breed you can think off. This is not a rotweiler thing. I love how pits get brought into this also. Where they pits ::) Where was the outrage a few months back when a child was killed by a lab mix... Oh ya none of you heard of that one ::) Everybody looses in this situation. The dogs, the parents who suffered this horrible loss, the entire rot population and hell pitbulls since everything that happens bad in the world pitbulls are blamed somehow. The parents could have prevented this from happening. If they left this baby alone with these dogs they should go to jail. If they abused or did not know what they where doing when raising these dogs they should go to jail. Remeber what I typed about a pack mentality? The WORST thing you can do is leave a "pack" of dominent dogs alone with a small child or person they can mistake for "prey" insticts can take over and this is the end result.

body88

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 11:29:42 AM »
Sweet Jesus that is bad. My god. The only way this crap is going to stop is if owners get some very serious jail time. My heart goes out to that baby and family.

Exactly. The dog is an ANIMAL!!!!!!! How many times do people need to be told this. DOGS ARE FUCKING ANIMALS. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DECIFER RIGHT FROM WRONG. That baby should have never been left alone with those dogs! No breed should EVER be left alone with kids. This happens all the time with all types of breeds looks it up people. The dogs should obv be put down after this. But how the hell can you blame a breed of animal. The owners of these dogs have 2 people to blame for this. Themselves.

The headline should read " Parents under arrest for negligence in childs death by dogs".

body88

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 11:31:15 AM »
these people need these dogs because they know they are pussies and the macho dogs make them feel tough

why do scumbags always own pitbulls and rottweilers?

E

Earl you calling me a scumbag? Do I own Frankie (American bulldog) to be tougher? 90 percent of the people who see my dog go crazy about how "cute" he is. They love his markings and patches of brindle. He is considered a "dangerous" dog. My dog is at the dog park all the time. Most all the dogs who are causing trouble and starting fights are mutts or toy breeds. Never have I seen a pit rotty or ab start a single dog fight in over 4 years.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 11:44:49 AM »

naturally aggressive?

I guess you have never played with a Chihuahua or Jack Russell Terrier?

I would have to say....I've been around a total of 14 different Rotties...& out of that...only 1 had behavior problems & this was due because he was an abuzed dog.

I can probably think of a dozen small dogs (poodles, terriers, & Chi's) that I've been nipped by

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 11:48:38 AM »
Here's an update

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/5375520.stm

Baby dies after Rottweiler attack

A five-month-old girl has died after being attacked by two Rottweiler dogs in Leicester.

Emergency services were called to Stephenson Drive in the New Parks area of the city at 1500 GMT on Saturday.

The baby was upstairs in a pub called The Rocket where her mother and her new partner were living.

A member of the family said one of the dogs dragged the child onto the roof. She was taken to the Leicester Royal Infirmary but died from her injuries.

Police have begun an investigation to try to find out what happened.

"The dogs are very aggressive - everybody around here is petrified of them" Neighbour Amy Grimbley

A police spokesman said officers would be seeking a destruction order for the dogs.

Flowers and teddy bears have been left in the doorway of the pub which has been closed since the incident.

Neighbour Amy Grimbley said: "The dogs are known to be vicious. They stay on the roof during the day and whenever you walk past, you get the feeling they could jump down and attack you.

"The dogs are very aggressive. Everybody around here is petrified of them."

She added: "There's a school opposite the pub and nobody is happy walking their kids past the pub after school. I've got a three-year-old and I don't feel at all safe walking past them."

Ms Grimbley's father, James, said: "Our hearts go out to the parents of that poor baby. Everybody is so shocked at what has happened.

"Everybody is talking about it. Nobody can believe it."

Are you affected by this story? Have you had a similar experience? Send us your comments using the form below.

Name:
Email address:
Town and Country:
Phone number (optional):
Comments:
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/leicestershire/5375520.stm

Published: 2006/09/24 17:27:07 GMT

body88

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 11:54:05 AM »
Dogs DO NOT get aggressive for fun. These dogs where obviously either abused or totally neglected when raised. You have to raise a dominant dog correctly of any breed. People who raise there animals the right way do NOT have reputations for there scary dogs around town. Fucking idiots. I bet they will blame the dogs as they will have to live with the fact they facilitated there child's awful death. I feel very badly for this child.

For all you people who run and blame the dogs. You better be able to blame anything for everything. These parents are the type of people who would leave there child alone with a tub full of water and a toaster plugged into the wall. I call for a ban on toasters and bath water!

These dogs need to be put down. But it was NOT there fault. Rots do not kill kids by nature! Untrained, unaltered dominent breeds have a strong small prey drive. Hence these dogs and a child being an accident waiting to happen.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 12:30:54 PM »
Ban the damn things!

Seriously, I've heard so many stories of attacks, most of which don't even make the news and I'm in NY where a lot of attacks by breeds such as pits and rottweillers take place everyday.

I know there are responsible owners out there that take good care of their dogs and their dogs are tame, but a lot of owners don't. If people can't be responsible and are putting others at risk, then they shouldn't keep these breeds. It's sad that you have these wanna-be gangster assholes who always own these dogs and think it's cool or something when they attack another person.  ::)
Gotta side against you on this.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2006, 12:40:05 PM »
The owners of these dogs & the parents of the neglected baby....sound "colorful" to say the least.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 01:14:56 PM »
We should ban cats aswell, those fuckers scratch

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2006, 01:28:18 PM »
We should ban cats aswell, those fuckers scratch

they're natural born hunters