Author Topic: Schwarzenegger declares emergency  (Read 6724 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Schwarzenegger declares emergency
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2008, 06:10:46 AM »
Do some research on which party controlled the White House and Congress from 2000 to 2006. ;)

The problems we are facing stem from far further back than 2000.

The government has grown Way to laerge and many companies have taken on far more than they can chew.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2008, 06:25:43 AM »
We dont have laizee faire system.  There are hundreds of thousands of pages of regulations called the Federal Register and CFR. 

If you think capitilism does not work, than what does since Europe has a higher unemployment rate than we do???????
That's our pretense.  Our brand of Capitalism works.  Minimize gov. intervention and let the markets perform.  That's a Friedman staple.

Markets fail and are not reliable.  That's pretty evident now isn't it?  We can't trust markets to do the right thing.  That's our lesson.  That's a contradiction of Freidman and other free marketeers.  Seems like gov. intervention is NECESSARY to keep our economic boat afloat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2008, 06:48:28 AM »
That's our pretense.  Our brand of Capitalism works.  Minimize gov. intervention and let the markets perform.  That's a Friedman staple.

Markets fail and are not reliable.  That's pretty evident now isn't it?  We can't trust markets to do the right thing.  That's our lesson.  That's a contradiction of Freidman and other free marketeers.  Seems like gov. intervention is NECESSARY to keep our economic boat afloat.

So who do we trust??? 

The govt that screwed up Katrina?

The govt that cant manage to deal with 22 million illegal aliens?

The federal reserve board which is at the root cause of a lot of these problems?

The govt that cant be trusted not to raid ss trust funds?

The govt that could not stop 9/11?

Is that who you trust to end the business cycle?????

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2008, 06:52:30 AM »
So who do we trust??? 

The govt that screwed up Katrina?

The govt that cant manage to deal with 22 million illegal aliens?

The federal reserve board which is at the root cause of a lot of these problems?

The govt that cant be trusted not to raid ss trust funds?

The govt that could not stop 9/11?

Is that who you trust to end the business cycle?????
I don't trust anyone outside of a few.  The gov does not control the business cycle but it can ameliorate the situations of businesses/people hit by a downturn.

Since the US/fed adopted Keynesian gov. spending as a tool to combat economic downturns, the US has not had a single Depression.

That seems like a pretty reliable gov. service, doesn't it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:08 AM »
I don't trust anyone outside of a few.  The gov does not control the business cycle but it can ameliorate the situations of businesses/people hit by a downturn.

Since the US/fed adopted Keynesian gov. spending as a tool to combat economic downturns, the US has not had a single Depression.

That seems like a pretty reliable gov. service, doesn't it.

So what are you complaining about?????

GWB has spent more money on all sorts of programs than even LBJ.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:56 AM »
Thats exactly why the gov shouldn't be managing more of our money!  Gov is inefficient and wasteful.

Cut spending!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2008, 07:14:39 AM »
So what are you complaining about?????

GWB has spent more money on all sorts of programs than even LBJ.
I'm not talking about non-stimulus spending.  I'm talking about calculated spending measures designed to keep our capitalistic system afloat.  Without that gov. intervention, we have depressions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »
I'm not talking about non-stimulus spending.  I'm talking about calculated spending measures designed to keep our capitalistic system afloat.  Without that gov. intervention, we have depressions.

Like what?

Prescription Drug bill, Farm Bill, Energy Bill, etc etc.

He has spent more money than any other president on this nonsen se and we went broke anyway.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »
Like what?

Prescription Drug bill, Farm Bill, Energy Bill, etc etc.

He has spent more money than any other president on this nonsen se and we went broke anyway.
Expanding the money supply....printing more money thereby putting more money "out there".  People tend to hoard money in hard times.  Gov. spending too--that's why economies boom in times of war--all the gov. spending pouring into the economy.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »
Printing more money?  Isn't this part of the reason the dollar fell in value so much last year?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »
Printing more money?  Isn't this part of the reason the dollar fell in value so much last year?

Maybe.  Or maybe the problem could be tied to runaway profiteering as embodied in the housing/mortgage/credit scandal.

I don't know for sure.

Maybe if we looked at historical evidence, we could make some sort of relevant conclusion on the matter. 

I have lunch now and I can't think properly when I'm hungry.  (that's like all the time hahaa)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
haha.  Yes, you must eat...this is a bodybuilding board after all.