Author Topic: Question: Creatine's ability to dissolve in liquid  (Read 5767 times)

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
Question: Creatine's ability to dissolve in liquid
« on: November 06, 2006, 11:49:44 AM »
Using Jarrow creatine monohydrate, I've noticed that it doesn't actually dissolve into apple juice.  The juice will hold it in suspension after it's stirred, but the creatine will then settle on the bottom if left alone.  Is this anything to be concerned about?

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
Re: Question: Creatine's ability to dissolve in liquid
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 12:37:49 PM »
Undissolved creatine can take the fast track to the "back door" if you know what I'm saying...

Mix it in warm water, until all the crystals fully dissolve...  Drink that along with any juice or carb drink you want...

If you're using a "creatine transport system" like Cell-Tech or whatever, mix it with warm water FIRST, stir it for a minute or two and make sure all the crystals have fully dissolved, then add some ice to cool it off...

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:06:01 AM »
Undissolved creatine can take the fast track to the "back door" if you know what I'm saying...

Mix it in warm water, until all the crystals fully dissolve...  Drink that along with any juice or carb drink you want...

If you're using a "creatine transport system" like Cell-Tech or whatever, mix it with warm water FIRST, stir it for a minute or two and make sure all the crystals have fully dissolved, then add some ice to cool it off...
What creatine are you taking?  I have never been able to get any of mine to dissolve.  I finally switched to Gel Caps, couldn't take forcing down the creatine anymore.  Also Isn't it bad if the creatine dissolves?  I thought the point of the graduals is so it can be absorbed in the digestive track?

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:10:40 AM »
Using Jarrow creatine monohydrate, I've noticed that it doesn't actually dissolve into apple juice.  The juice will hold it in suspension after it's stirred, but the creatine will then settle on the bottom if left alone.  Is this anything to be concerned about?
No its nothing to be concerned about.  Just force it down best you can.  Remember to take about 35 grams of dextrose per 5 grams of creatine. As this will help you body absorb it.  I used to do the whole grade juice / apples juice thing, but it doesn't come close to giving you the needed carbs.  I mix generic Kroger Brand Crystal Light ( premixed in 1 gallon jug ) with my dextrose.  Very easy to take your creatine with this type of beverage. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 03:59:19 AM »
No its nothing to be concerned about.  Just force it down best you can.  Remember to take about 35 grams of dextrose per 5 grams of creatine. As this will help you body absorb it.  I used to do the whole grade juice / apples juice thing, but it doesn't come close to giving you the needed carbs.  I mix generic Kroger Brand Crystal Light ( premixed in 1 gallon jug ) with my dextrose.  Very easy to take your creatine with this type of beverage. 

that's nonsense.

Mix your creatine with WARM water, then drink your juice 30 minutes after that. AND don't drink apple juice!! apple juice has mainly fructose, which causes little to no insulin spike, depending on how much you drink. dextrose is fine.

Now, why would you drink your dextrose 30 minutes AFTER your creatine? Doesn't make sense?
Yes it does. Creatine takes a certain amount of time to be absorbed, dextrose is absorbed right away, starting in your mouth, while creatine will be absorbed by your intestines. So drinking it together will result in an immense insulin spike, (regarding the fact that most people use way too much dextrose, "too be on the safe side") which will come crashiing down after a few minutes.
Now the creatine arrives, but the insulin is long gone.
So, a timed consuption of carbs and creatine is better.
Eating a lot of cinnamon keeps insulin sensitivity high, so i would recommend in adding cinnamon to your diet instead of consuming more and more sugar to get the creatine to where it should be.

Any questions left?  ;) ;D ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »
that's nonsense.

Mix your creatine with WARM water, then drink your juice 30 minutes after that. AND don't drink apple juice!! apple juice has mainly fructose, which causes little to no insulin spike, depending on how much you drink. dextrose is fine.

Now, why would you drink your dextrose 30 minutes AFTER your creatine? Doesn't make sense?
Yes it does. Creatine takes a certain amount of time to be absorbed, dextrose is absorbed right away, starting in your mouth, while creatine will be absorbed by your intestines. So drinking it together will result in an immense insulin spike, (regarding the fact that most people use way too much dextrose, "too be on the safe side") which will come crashiing down after a few minutes.
Now the creatine arrives, but the insulin is long gone.
So, a timed consuption of carbs and creatine is better.
Eating a lot of cinnamon keeps insulin sensitivity high, so i would recommend in adding cinnamon to your diet instead of consuming more and more sugar to get the creatine to where it should be.

Any questions left?  ;) ;D ;D

Good Post

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 07:51:43 AM »
I've tried micronized creatine before, and found that it doesn't dissolve any better than regular creatine.  It may "suspend" better in the liquid and not settle to the bottom as fast, but it still hasn't dissolved until the water becomes perfectly clear, as if nothing were in it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 08:12:44 AM »
DK< props for the level of info on this topic.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 06:02:05 AM »
DK< props for the level of info on this topic.

Thank you very much.  :D

There is very much nonsense info on creatine floating around the internet.
There is a very good medical doctor from swiss who only works on creatine. I read a lot on his page.

If you use creatine smartly, it's the best supplement. You don't need protein powder if you have a good diet, but creatine is always good to add.  ;)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 06:04:46 AM »
I advice this article for everyone who wants to study creatine in depth.

http://icbxw.ethz.ch/creatine/creatine_supplementation.html#English

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
Why is anybody waiting for creatine to dissolve in liquid?  It doesn't need to be liquid to be absorbed by the body.  Do you actually think that the stomach can't process powder + liquid mixed?

If you are using plain creatine, just scoop into your mouth and drink down.  If it is a type with carbs, add water and drink (making sure all the creatine doesn't stick to the cup).

All in all, it's the fact that you are taking creatine that makes the difference (vs not taking it at all).  You guys are looking to make creatine absorption 1% more efficient.  It's a waste of time.  Creatine is cheap - just take a little extra and move on with life.
Motherboy (the band).

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 12:00:09 PM »
Why is anybody waiting for creatine to dissolve in liquid?  It doesn't need to be liquid to be absorbed by the body.  Do you actually think that the stomach can't process powder + liquid mixed?

If you are using plain creatine, just scoop into your mouth and drink down.  If it is a type with carbs, add water and drink (making sure all the creatine doesn't stick to the cup).

All in all, it's the fact that you are taking creatine that makes the difference (vs not taking it at all).  You guys are looking to make creatine absorption 1% more efficient.  It's a waste of time.  Creatine is cheap - just take a little extra and move on with life.

What you are saying is not true.
The body only digests creatine monohydrate when it is dissolved in liquid. Not dissolving it can lead to serious problems and you should have a toilet near you.
Please don't put things you think might be this way into a good thread.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
What you are saying is not true.
The body only digests creatine monohydrate when it is dissolved in liquid. Not dissolving it can lead to serious problems and you should have a toilet near you.
Please don't put things you think might be this way into a good thread.

Are you saying that creatine MUST be in liquid form before entering the stomach and it cannot mix while in the stomach - I would disagree.  Also, how long is creatine stable in liquid?
Motherboy (the band).

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »
When I first started taking creatine, about 10 years ago, every single time I took it (heaping teaspoon mixed with grapejuice) - within 5 minutes I was shitting what felt like liquid sand!  It wasn't very pleasant to say the least.  However, when taking it after dissolving it first, I've never had any problems.