Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163597 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #1150 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:52 PM »
This is Getbig, not some swimmers' forum. Who knows how long we have in this world? Men are lucky to reach 80 and still be active and enjoy life. Yes, fat around the abdomen is not supposed to be healthy. I look in the mirror and feel okay. Photos with my shirt off are not okay. Curse those cameras.

That is stage two on the horizon. You have to understand that I really don't like lifting weights and doing all that heavy training. I like the result and the way I feel.

I agree there is a compromise and older guys shouldn't be bulking up. I am not bulking but when on a gaining program I don't want to lose much weight, either. My bodyweight is slowly coming down.

Keep up the insults to motivate me to show the flotsam!

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #1151 on: March 08, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »
You have to understand that I really don't like lifting weights and doing all that heavy training.

Finally, the truth comes out. You're a lazy, old pussy.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1152 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Finally, the truth comes out. You're a lazy, old pussy.
X2
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1153 on: March 08, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »
There is intelligence in doing the minimum for the maximum results. Contrast that with what you see in just about every gym where muscleheads train. Most repeat over and over their programs and look exactly the same year in and year out. Consistency is a wonderful thing.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1154 on: March 08, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »
damn it vince, fuck yourself off to a doctor immediately!

your face is so red you make that shirt look white!

a picture tells a thousand words just like we were ALL CORRCT about derek anthony and your picture 110% says this:

1) you HAVE got high blood pressure

2) 1 or more of your organs are operating at a low percentage.

3) you wont see 80!

you can get away with being 30% bodyfat in your 20's and 30's, but at 70, this is stress the human body cannot handle.
snap out of your "safety fat" delusions with your excuses that you "purposely stay this weight" to save you from the fucken flu you pussy. MAN UP to your problems!

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #1155 on: March 09, 2012, 05:23:46 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #1156 on: March 09, 2012, 05:47:47 AM »

LOL. Vince=Clarence      Awesomely done!   ;D

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #1157 on: March 09, 2012, 07:26:23 AM »

It'll take a while for Vince to get his wings.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1158 on: March 09, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
Your claim was that age is no hindrance to bodybuilding. You claimed that you could exceed your level of physical conditioning and muscular size that you achieved back when you won Mr. Canada. You are in your sixth month already -- six months! -- and I see no discernible progress. If you attribute that to injuries, injuries you presumably did not have to deal with when you were younger, then that is just more real world proof that age is indeed a huge obstacle in maintaining and improving physical conditioning and muscle hypertrophy.

I am two years younger than Vince. I am here to say that age is a hindrance in maintaining and improving physical conditioning and more particularly muscle hypertrophy. At sixty-seven years of age and being retired, I have more time to devote to bodybuilding today than I have ever had before. If time was was all one needed to grow muscles, I should be in muscle heaven. Unfortunately, despite my being in generally very good health, the ravages of age have taken some toll on my ability to give weight training my all. I could go into the details, but that would just be another old man story.

What I think is important is to be the best you can be whatever your situation. I am not going to start competing anytime soon although the field is considerably narrower the older one is. The main reason I won't be a competitive bodybuilder is because I don't feel like I have to prove anything to anyone, including me. At this point, my goal is to be as healthy as I can be for a man of my age. To that end, I have embarked on gradual weight loss. This has been aided by the fact that I stopped doing TRT because of having prostate cancer. I am not going to measure my arms or anything else. Instead, I my goal is to feel good and look good in clothes....no one really wants to see an old guy in a thong anyway. LOL.

I suspect Vince is living the dream only the dream is just that and not connected to anything real. But guess what? Whatever makes him happy is what he should do. There is power in believing. Whether there is enough power to get Vince back into the kind of shape is was in as a young man is questionable. Maybe he know this and he just needs to set his goals high in order to keep pushing towards them, whether he can achieve them or not.

One great accomplishment is getting to be an old man when you are into bodybuilding. A lot of guys manage to accomplish this and too many die too young because their bodies give up on them. Probably often as a result of the shit they put their bodies through. Failed kidneys, failed hearts, and who knows what else result from all the shit guys do while chasing the dream of being bigger than the next guy. So many bodybuilders are little more than fragile wanna be superheros.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1159 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »
I am two years younger than Vince. I am here to say that age is a hinderance in maintaining and improving physiclal conditioning and more particularly muscle hypertrophy. At sixty-seven years of age and being retired, I have more time to devote to bodybuilding today than I have ever had before. If time was was all one needed to grow muscles, I should be in muscle heaven. Unfortunately, despite my being in generally very good health, the ravages of age have taken some toll on my ability to give weight training my all. I could go into the details, but that would just be anothe old man story.

What I think is important is to be the best you can be whatever your situation. I am not going to start competing anytime soon although the field is considerably narrower the older one is. The main reason I won't be a competitive bodybuilder is because I don't feel like I have to prove anything to anyone, including me. At this point, my goal is to be as healthy as I can be for a man of my age. To that end, I have embarked on gradual weight loss. This has been aided by the fact that I stopped doing TRT because of having prostate cancer. I am not going to measure my arms or anything else. Instead, I my goal is to feel good and look good in clothes....no one really wants to see an old guy in a thong anyway. LOL.

I suspect Vince is living the dream only the dream is just that and not connected to anything real. But guess what? Whatever makes him happy is what he should do. There is power in believing. Whether there is enough power to get Vince back into the kind of shape is was in as a young man is questionable. Maybe he know this and he just needs to set his goals high in order to keep pushing towards them, whether he can acheive them or not.

One great accomplishment is getting to be an old man when you are into bodybuilding. A lot of guys manage to acomplish this and too many die too young because their bodies give up on them. Probably often as a result of the shit they put their bodies through. Failed kidneys, failed hearts, and who knows what else result from all the shit guys do while chasing the dream of being bigger than the next guy. So many bodybuilders are little more than fragile wanna be superheros.

nobody is giving vince shit about his goals

its the patronising way he dismisses everyones opinion that doesnt agree with his theories

and the language he uses to describe these people

he is an arrogant twat
T

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1160 on: March 09, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
I am two years younger than Vince. I am here to say that age is a hinderance in maintaining and improving physiclal conditioning and more particularly muscle hypertrophy. At sixty-seven years of age and being retired, I have more time to devote to bodybuilding today than I have ever had before. If time was was all one needed to grow muscles, I should be in muscle heaven. Unfortunately, despite my being in generally very good health, the ravages of age have taken some toll on my ability to give weight training my all. I could go into the details, but that would just be anothe old man story.

I suspect Vince is living the dream only the dream is just that and not connected to anything real. But guess what? Whatever makes him happy is what he should do. There is power in believing. Whether there is enough power to get Vince back into the kind of shape is was in as a young man is questionable. Maybe he know this and he just needs to set his goals high in order to keep pushing towards them, whether he can acheive them or not.

One great accomplishment is getting to be an old man when you are into bodybuilding. A lot of guys manage to acomplish this and too many die too young because their bodies give up on them. Probably often as a result of the shit they put their bodies through. Failed kidneys, failed hearts, and who knows what else result from all the shit guys do while chasing the dream of being bigger than the next guy. So many bodybuilders are little more than fragile wanna be superheros.
Good points.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1161 on: March 09, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »
nobody is giving vince shit about his goals

its the patronising way he dismisses everyones opinion that doesnt agree with his theories

and the language he uses to describe these people

he is an arrogant twat

Was I saying otherwise? I didn't think so. I will say this about his attitude which does come across as arrogant on occasion; I believe he is trying to convince himself his theories work by telling others that they do. This in not uncommon for people to do. When they think or want to believe they have a good idea, they often try to convince others that they are right even when it seems obvious to those folks that they aren't.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1162 on: March 09, 2012, 11:35:20 PM »
Was I saying otherwise? I didn't think so. I will say this about his attitude which does come across as arrogant on occasion; I believe he is trying to convince himself his theories work by telling others that they do. This in not uncommon for people to do. When they think or want to believe they have a good idea, they often try to convince others that they are right even when it seems obvious to those folks that they aren't.

i take your point

he could do that without calling other people too stupid to understand and floatsam

T

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #1163 on: March 10, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »
Several members over at Iron Age including medical Doctors, where Basile often posts, seriously believe he is well into the first stage of senile dementia. No doubt he will try to turn back the clock to achieve the same level of dementia he had in 1970. He wil base it on having his head sore all the time.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1164 on: March 10, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »
A while back Vince posted that back in the 1970's Frank Zane had accused him of living in fantasy land his whole life.
What a visionary Frank was, he anticipated this thread 30 years in the future.

Looks like it's not senile dementia but lifelong dementia.

He has no biceps and bingo wing triceps my old aunt sadie would have been proud of.

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #1165 on: March 10, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »
Vince is also a pro photographer, but cannot take a decent pic of himself. He is afraid to take any images that make his arms look small.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #1166 on: March 10, 2012, 09:50:20 AM »
Vince is literally a die hard bodybuilder, you have to give him that.  Always experimenting and striving and learning (hopefully).

On another note, Now whenever I see some hyper testosterone bloke in the gym, I think of the insecure little twink that is lurking inside.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #1167 on: March 10, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »
There is intelligence in doing the minimum for the maximum results. Contrast that with what you see in just about every gym where muscleheads train. Most repeat over and over their programs and look exactly the same year in and year out. Consistency is a wonderful thing.
x2 excellent post
H

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1168 on: March 11, 2012, 04:26:58 AM »
I said I thought I could still build muscle at my age and completely natural and without any supplements whatever. I am into the experiment now and completed my 4th arm workout today. Training only arms at the moment. Biceps and triceps supersets. Ending in 6 sets with the maximum resistance. Progressing rapidly which is almost scary! Mostly regaining some of my former size. I am confident I can get bigger arms than I have previouly had. Should be an interesting experiment. I will show you guys because I need a strong incentive to keep this training going. So far there is no hint of any diminished response to hypertrophy training. This is what I predicted for myself. I can't say it would be the same for everyone else. I won't even consider using any drugs or supplements. This is a purely natural experiment to show what is possible as one gets older.

Do you still stand by these quote?

As the Flotsam gets older they will realize that age is relative. 60 is not old nor is 70. However, if you are 30 then someone 60 is an old fart.

I used to think like gh15 re hypertrophy and age. That theory is false. You can build muscles naturally at any age. So a systematic program from

my long experience will guarantee me rapid gains.
I have the equipment and need only the motivation to proceed. The problem is being consistent

so that rapid hypertrophy occurs and you need to train every 3rd day without fail. Each workout has to stimulate more growth. The process and

requirements are simple but the execution not so. What a pity so many here are brainwashed by hasbeen muscleheads so resort to using dangerous hormones

to build some muscle.

Well, it would take an intelligent person to be able to understand the literature in exercise science. Very difficult. I am not up to date on this nor do I have a post graduate degree in the subject.

I do know there is hardly any research in maximum human hypertrophy and no one that I know of has earned a PhD degree in the subject. In other words, the scientists are not interested in

helping bodybuilders. I don't read many books, either. I stopped reading much after seeing Zorba The Greek in 1965. Anyway, who here on Getbig is qualified to assess the intelligence of posters

from what is posted on the forums? I believe the lack of intelligence is apparent with much of the Flotsam. There hasn't been much posted by contributors re hypertrophy theory. What we find

are pseudo experts who simply know bugger all. There are some false theories circulating in bodybuilding and these prevent most from growing rapidly.

I don't do personal training. I don't work in my gym except to repair equipment.

I do know that I can still stimulate rapid hypertrophy and that this ability is actually greater than when I was training for my last contest which was in 1975. I know so much more now and have

access to superior equipment.

The more 'balonie' gh00 posts it becomes patently obvious he is NOT an expert in hypertrophy. It is easy to grow bigger muscles after 35 and even after 65. You simply have to know how to train to stimulate growth. Absolutely no hormones via tablets or injections are required.

You may recall that this post was the impetus for this very thread.

"Do you believe that you could at this point in your life equal or surpass your 1970 Mr. Canada condition?"

Absolutely! Without any doubt whatever. I met a radiographer several years ago and she commented that my body hasn't
aged much compared to other men my age. She works in a large Sydney hospital and does X-Rays on thousands of people.
I wondered if it was my decades of hypertrophy training that has helped or if it is purely heredity.

Some people are doomed not to grow much from training. In Pellius' case it is his lifestyle where he competes in martial arts
and keeps his bodyweight down to stay in lighter classes. In addition, our ageing hero probably likes to stay lean because
he gets compliments for his condition. All that activity and staying lighter goes against building large muscles. If he were less
active he would have a better chance of growing bigger. All the steroids and gh in the world won't make you bigger unless
you eat heaps of extra food. It is as if he sabotaged any hope of ever getting bigger. That is the explanation for his failure
to get bigger. His need for hormone replacement might be because of poor advice from doctors who know almost zero about
hypertrophy. I have no need for any HRT and hope I never need such treatment. To hell with pills and injections that so many rely on.
What kind of mentality is that? No thanks. gh15 is the prophet of doom here on Getbig. What he recommends is insane and I fear
too many already subscribe to that nonsense. The inmates have overrun this asylum while logical and scientific blokes like
me are ridiculed.[/color]

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1169 on: March 13, 2012, 02:20:05 AM »
This is what most believe. The content of your post reveals that you know almost nothing about advanced hypertrophy. Join the club that have no clue about how to grow rapidly.

The vast majority of guys doing what you suggest are not making any gains at all. Why is that? To me that proves there is something wrong with what you suggest. BTW, you don't need all that much protein.

Yes, but difference between you and me is that I know that I don't know anything about it, and you think you know. And where is your gain? You keep showing those pictures about your elbow, and they look like shit. If you show FB- pose like it should be shown, it look like old geezer with fat arm. Where is the point what you are trying to prove? That you are fat, and you have fat arms? Sorry to say, but we know that already..

What comes to protein, I eat 1.5 to 2 grams per kilo of the lean body weight, because it is proven that this is what is needed. You may have different opinion, but you can keep it. Why guys are not making any gains at all could be reason of many things, but mostly it is just plain and simple over training. You burn out more muscle than you can gain. That is most common reason for non existent gaining while lifting weights. Too much work, too little recovery. That's why guys like Kamali just fade a way. If we look him, he did have all the help which modern drugstore has to offer and money can buy, but not enough the grey brain matter to use it right. He burn out most of his muscles trying gain some more, and at the end he look like piece of crap. Of course there isn't just one reason if guy doesn't gain muscles by training, but that is most common one. If we look average gym rat in any country, they use at least 2 hour per day in the gym, three or five days a week. That is too much for anyone, who doesn't use gear. Plain and simple truth.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #1170 on: March 15, 2012, 05:59:28 PM »
Looks like neck and neck Basile and Goodrums arm size.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #1171 on: March 29, 2012, 06:11:46 AM »
Vincent I simply must ask. I feel compelled to ask.

Any updates?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1172 on: April 05, 2012, 12:20:34 AM »
Any updates Vince?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1173 on: April 05, 2012, 03:26:48 AM »
Yes, but difference between you and me is that I know that I don't know anything about it, and you think you know. And where is your gain? You keep showing those pictures about your elbow, and they look like shit. If you show FB- pose like it should be shown, it look like old geezer with fat arm. Where is the point what you are trying to prove? That you are fat, and you have fat arms? Sorry to say, but we know that already..

What comes to protein, I eat 1.5 to 2 grams per kilo of the lean body weight, because it is proven that this is what is needed. You may have different opinion, but you can keep it. Why guys are not making any gains at all could be reason of many things, but moppstly it is just plain and simple over training. You burn out more muscle than you can gain. That is most common reason for non existent gaining while lifting weights. Too much work, too little recovery. That's why guys like Kamali just fade a way. If we look him, he did have all the help which modern drugstore has to offer and money can buy, but not enough the grey brain matter to use it right. He burn out most of his muscles trying gain some more, and at the end he look like piece of crap. Of course there isn't just one reason if guy doesn't gain muscles by training, but that is most common one. If we look average gym rat in any country, they use at least 2 hour per day in the gym, three or five days a week. That is too much for anyone, who doesn't use gear. Plain and simple truth.

This is what most believe. Unfortunately most of those beliefs are false. 'Overtraining doesn't explain the lack of progress.  You ingest 2 to 4 times the protein you need.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1174 on: April 07, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
I didn't recognize you with the black font.