Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 164112 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »
Happy Birthday, Vince!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2011, 12:53:47 PM »
bet he has better arms than.. a lot of people on here
choice is an illusion

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
WhT does trueadonis Ctually do for a living?
He copy/pastes ghost-written studies from the internetz.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »
Muscle memory doesn't count Vince...

Why not? The guy is nearly 70 years old. Getting back into your former level of conditioning is muscle memory. So what? But there's a huge difference between a 30 year old getting back into his 25 year old condition than a 69 year old doing the same.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
Dont you have better things to do at "69" than arguing with guys half or less you age and creating "online logs"?  ::)

Like what? The guy's retired. What's wrong with attempting to undergo a physical transformation and documenting it here? Many are actually interested. If anything, someone your age should have less time to be on this board as you are still building your life with work, education, raising a family.... Sometimes when you are retired you can finally do things you never had the time to do before.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »

Give it up old man, we all know ur a fag already.

First people here busts his sac for not backing up his claims. Finally, and I mean finally, at 69, he's taking up the challenge and giving it go. And already he's told to give it up.

Always a no win on GetBig.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »
You will never do it.

That's the spirit.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
The Olympia is over so time for some fun. People have asked who I have trained? Only myself. That is sufficient to demonstrate a principle. The typical bodybuilder cannot accept, comprehend, or acknowledge that something new might be possible in hypertrophy training. You literally have to rethink the notions of recovery and soreness and how they affect maximum growth of muscles. If you refuse to allow new concepts then of course you will scoff at the attempt to build large muscles at an advanced age. It is possible and I will demonstrate this to the Flotsam.

We've had our differences, many quite heated, but I always respect someone who steps up and attempts to back up his claims. I know you already know this but in life when someone tries to do something very difficult, maybe even bordering on impossible, you will always, ALWAYS, have people that will try to bring you down. Bring you down to their level. The level where they never try anything. Never take any real risks. Put themselves on the line. Just pretty much go through the motions of life as a perennial bench warmer.

Win or lose at least you know you stepped up. No regrets and "if onlys" on your death bed.

Team Basile!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
Assbruise.

I enjoy slapping the old coot around from time to time as much as anyone here, however this has me intrigued....Vince I'd suggest you start a log on the training log board so you can post updated pics, your training and diet regimen, etc. Should be interesting to see the results IF you can stick with it.

A rare glimpse of maturity on this thread and an example that despite all our differences we're still all GetBiggers.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2011, 01:48:51 PM »
My dad have better arm than yours without training  ;D

So you must have fantastic arms since you actually train. Why don't you post a pic to inspire us.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »
I`m here to motivate you Vince!  One question my friend, why are you only training arms? 

Well, I won't take credit but he has been boasting for sometime now, years actually, about his DOMS theory. I've always called him out that he has no proof. Not on him or anybody us. Though he doesn't want to admit it, as he feels age is no barrier, I believe it is a very daunting task to try to undergo a full body Casey Viator type transformation. I'm a lot younger than he is but I'm still old. And though I've been training consistently doing something like legs, squatting with weights on you shoulders and doing it like you mean it, really takes it toll. I can only imagine what it would be like for someone idle for many years. So I suggested to just take a single muscle group, one not so systemically taxing, like arms, and see where it takes you.

My belief and hope is that when you see progress you will expand to other muscle groups. The worse that can happen is that he will not achieve his circa 1970s condition but maybe it will get him back in the weight room. It's win/win for him. 

Team Basile!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »
My grandpa too (RIP), he never worked out, just yard work.

So what? My arms are better than yours and I'm 51 years old and probably at least 20 years older than you. And I do just two sets per week for bis (one drop set on barbell curls and one set single Scott curls). What's your point?

pellius

• Getbig V
Re: The Getreal experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
Maybe the title of this thread should be changed....

Place limitations on just yourself. Leave it others to break out of the huddled masses.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
The Olympia is over so time for some fun. People have asked who I have trained? Only myself. That is sufficient to demonstrate a principle. The typical bodybuilder cannot accept, comprehend, or acknowledge that something new might be possible in hypertrophy training. You literally have to rethink the notions of recovery and soreness and how they affect maximum growth of muscles. If you refuse to allow new concepts then of course you will scoff at the attempt to build large muscles at an advanced age. It is possible and I will demonstrate this to the Flotsam.

You are utterly full of shit....if you think anyone believes the fucking drivel you post you need to think again.

a 70 year old man is going to demonstrate new levels of hypertrophy training.....That's rich  ::) ::)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2011, 02:11:44 PM »
I am starting with arms only in stage one. The multiple maximum sets will induce the whole upper body to grow. I will soon add legs. You see, even Adam is questioning basic principles. I tell people here that some beliefs held by almost all bodybuilders are false. You do NOT have to train all body parts yet can still make gains in non-target muscles.

The indirect theory I believe is nonsense. I remember an experiment they did on some skinny kid who they put on that milk and 20 rep squatting program. And squats was all he did. His legs did get bigger as did his arms. But this has more to do with simply gaining weight. People often get bigger limbs as they gain weight no matter what they do. There may even be a marginal increase in muscle mass in the non targeted area. But the increase is trivial and ends quickly. It is extremely difficult for  conditioned athlete to add my muscle mass to his arms. Doing just squats will have zero effect on his arms and they will actually shrink if the arm training program is discontinued.  

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
You are utterly full of shit....if you think anyone believes the fucking drivel you post you need to think again.

a 70 year old man is going to demonstrate new levels of hypertrophy training.....That's rich  ::) ::)

It's true. Nobody believes it. By why not encourage him to find out for himself? If he fails this will finally shut him up and rethink his theories. If he succeeds, you never know, he will revolutionize hypertrophy training.

The guy is back in the gym doing something. He has been criticized for years for not training. Now he is. Leave it at that if it's too difficult to encourage him.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »
Still playing the mass game going into his 70's; this is a man who has his priorities in order!

What should someone retired and 70 years old be doing? What do you plan to do when you are 70?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2011, 02:18:01 PM »
So what? My arms are better than yours and I'm 51 years old and probably at least 20 years older. And I do just two sets per week for bis (one drop set on barbell curls and one set single Scott curls). What's your point?

Beautiful arm Pellius.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »
lmao

only training arms  ::)

lamo at people who train nothing.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2011, 02:22:49 PM »
dj181 already tried this bullshit.

He failed and he learned something. You notice he keeps his mouth shut now lecturing us on the proper way to train. It was a still a win for him and god knows a win for us. His claims and boasts, and the way he would say it, was grating to say the least.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
in 10 weeks, 20 weeks, 30 weeks.... youll look the same.  old without drugs is futile

How much have you improve in the last 10, 20, 30 weeks? How about from last year of the year before? What kind of shape are you in now?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2011, 02:27:06 PM »
the "experiment"

..."i will show all of you!!!!"

Many throughout history have accomplished much because they were put down so much. Nothing wrong, and often more motivating, than proving the naysayers wrong.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
It's true. Nobody believes it. By why not encourage him to find out for himself? If he fails this will finally shut him up and rethink his theories. If he succeeds, you never know, he will revolutionize hypertrophy training.

The problem is he will finagle it to conclude that he succeeded regardless of what actually happens.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
The problem is he will finagle it to conclude that he succeeded regardless of what actually happens.

So you think it would be better for him not to even try? Not to even train anymore so we can continue to give him shit for that because you can already see the outcome.

Maybe so. We will see. Of course I believe he will fail. He, or someone else, will post a pic of him in 1970 with his most recent one and it will be obvious to any rational human being that he did not equal his condition let alone surpass it. If he insists otherwise we now have clear documentation that he is delusional and can no longer can be taken seriously. Not even given the benefit of the doubt. But he will improve to some degree simply by getting back into the gym. In that sense, he succeeded.