Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163769 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »
I think pellius set a record there for consecutive uninterrupted chain of posts.

I was late to thread so I started commenting as I was working my way through it.

I'm very pleased to see Basile putting himself out there like that. And I think this is not uneventful. He succeeds, fails or quits -- all will pretty much settle this nearly decade old business. And you never know. If by some miracle he should succeed then all the sheep that just like to pile on will be singing a different tune.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2011, 06:04:34 PM »
While no posts were done with anger or malice, the sheer volume of individual posts suggests rage and emotion above and beyond the norm.

As far as Basile goes, like I said, I've given him tons of shit myself, but if he's serious and willing to put forth the effort, I support his cause........however, if he shits the bed and half asses the attempt or quits, I will be first in line to pop his rubber ducky and send him packing!!

I just knew someone would eventually posts that pic.  >:(

AND I AM NOT FILLED WITH RAGE AND EMOTION GODDAMMIT!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »
I just knew someone would eventually posts that pic.  >:(

AND I AM NOT FILLED WITH RAGE AND EMOTION GODDAMMIT!
The better one is where the sign says "fat bastard" or something like that ;D

I think he should start a progress thread, either on the training board or The Positive Board, what do you think?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »
Pellius is giving me a fair go. That is all I require.

I tried the all-day training twice and gained 1/4" the first time. Two other guys didn't gain anything. I would do that differently now......continue maximum supersets for up to 12 hours. Since I can't risk injuring myself I won't embark on such a program.

Inflammation occurs and is part of rapid growth. Strength increases along with the size which indicates that remodeling is occurring. I have found a shortcut to hypertrophy and should be appreciated. The resident experts cannot refute my claims, and even laugh. If I avoid injury, success is inevitable because I am merely triggering physiological responses. When DOMS is sustained rapid growth must follow.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
I , for one, want to see Mr. Basile in great shape once again. He undoubtedly would surface in some sort of muscle publication if he carried this from start to finish.

I also feel it is Getbig`s duty to push him to remain steadfast to his training as he needs us as a motivating factor even if he does not readily acknowledge this fact.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
Wishing you the best Vince.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »
A little more than 10 years ago, when I was in the prime of my lifting career, I tried an arm program that purported to add an inch in size in 24 hours. Being young, ambitious and looking for every possible way to get huge, my lifting partner and I set out to tackle this insane nine-hour, 90-set workout.

This is fascinating. The first time I've heard anything even remotely close is in Arnold's first book where he said they'd go up into the mountains and spend a weekend just squatting. Didn't give any details. The only other time I've heard this is by Vince Basile himself. Speculated on this many times on this board and on others.

Very interesting. Even though this goes against everything I believe vis-a-vis training I might give this a try on my next vacation.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
I am quite confident that I can train daily. Arms every 3rd day. Legs another, and shoulders, chest and back on the last. It should be interesting to get most of the body sore. The elation of growing rapidly is sufficient reward for the hard work.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2011, 06:14:41 PM »
The better one is where the sign says "fat bastard" or something like that ;D

I think he should start a progress thread, either on the training board or The Positive Board, what do you think?

Keep things on the G/O because it's the only board that gets consistent traffic. BTW, we have a "Positive" board? LOL! What the hell is that and why? Are there Life Coaches there?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »
Keep things on the G/O because it's the only board that gets consistent traffic. BTW, we have a "Positive" board? LOL! What the hell is that and why? Are there Life Coaches there?
It's just moderated bbing discussion, no personal attacks allowed.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
I am quite confident that I can train daily. Arms every 3rd day. Legs another, and shoulders, chest and back on the last. It should be interesting to get most of the body sore. The elation of growing rapidly is sufficient reward for the hard work.

In your first post, you said you'd train ONLY arms and your upper body would also grow as a result.

Now you're talking about training shoulders, chest and back.

Sorry, I have no idea what this thread is about any more other than an older guy training hard.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
I , for one, want to see Mr. Basile in great shape once again. He undoubtedly would surface in some sort of muscle publication if he carried this from start to finish.

I also feel it is Getbig`s duty to push him to remain steadfast to his training as he needs us as a motivating factor even if he does not readily acknowledge this fact.

QFT

Though I don't know if he "needs" us -- but it would help. But then again, he wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for all the shit we gave him on that "Dumbest..." thread so you may have a point, Apenis.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
Good luck, Vince

Arms looking solid already

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »
If I am going to look like a bodybuilder I need to train shoulders directly. I need to firm up my chest. My lats seem to grow when my triceps are also growing. This is stage three, possibly a few months away. Legs will be commenced soon. As men age their thighs shrink. I have to reverse this and also trigger massive hypertrophy in my body when my legs are growing. That should stimulate the brain to release more growth hormone. My calves are 17 3/4 without any training.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
If I am going to look like a bodybuilder I need to train shoulders directly. I need to firm up my chest. My lats seem to grow when my triceps are also growing. This is stage three, possibly a few months away. Legs will be commenced soon. As men age their thighs shrink. I have to reverse this and also trigger massive hypertrophy in my body when my legs are growing. That should stimulate the brain to release more growth hormone. My calves are 17 3/4 without any training.
Vince,
Can you post some of your pictures from the past during your competitive days.  I would also like to be directed to your website of photography as I personally think you have a wonderful talent in this field.  Also, Jezebelle wanted me to wish you the best as she used to enjoy your pictures.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2011, 06:48:05 PM »
Vince,
Can you post some of your pictures from the past during your competitive days.  I would also like to be directed to your website of photography as I personally think you have a wonderful talent in this field.  Also, Jezebelle wanted me to wish you the best as she used to enjoy your pictures.

She didn't happen to say anything about me? (no disrespect)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »
She didn't happen to say anything about me? (no disrespect)
Do you have an email address where we can send you some pics?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »
Dudes a queer.

THE BEEF

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2011, 11:47:26 PM »
Bodybuilders are a stubborn lot. When they achieve some success they believe they are experts and can personally train others to achieve similar results. Going from the intermediate stage to a more advanced one is not at all easy. The vast majority of guys training in gyms are either not growing or are growing imperceptibly slow. To me that is a waste of time and effort. Why not stimulate your muscles to grow each and every time you train? That is my goal and I succeed every time. It remains to be seen how far this process can be sustained.

Here is a photo taken on my 69th birthday after my workout.

io856

« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2011, 12:38:59 AM »
plenty of people have done this arm experiment out of the sheer vanity of wanting bigger arms i.e. training arms everyday  ;D

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »
You look like shit.

Hope this helps.

putting down a 70 year old guy who is just doing what he enjoys in life, nice man.
l

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2011, 12:54:22 AM »
Where is Pumpster these days?

Maybe the two could make it a *joint* effort?

Gotta see those abs to make sure. Let's see the "before and after's"

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2011, 12:54:49 AM »
putting down a 70 year old guy who is just doing what he enjoys in life, nice man.

LOL, nice.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2011, 01:55:34 AM »

You're a good man, Flint. For a Jew that is.  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2011, 02:01:44 AM »
Bodybuilders are a stubborn lot. When they achieve some success they believe they are experts and can personally train others to achieve similar results. Going from the intermediate stage to a more advanced one is not at all easy. The vast majority of guys training in gyms are either not growing or are growing imperceptibly slow. To me that is a waste of time and effort. Why not stimulate your muscles to grow each and every time you train? That is my goal and I succeed every time. It remains to be seen how far this process can be sustained.

Here is a photo taken on my 69th birthday after my workout.

Happy Birthday, Vince. You have some balls coming on here and facing the Thunder Dome. No matter what others think of you you are definitely a GetBig legend.

Team Basile.