Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163768 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
A theory is not always correct.

We understand the conept how the human body works now. We do not need any more theories

Wow, the resident philosophers have arrived. Do me a favour and read about what Karl Popper said about conjectures and refutations. Don't embarrass yourself with statements like you made.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
You constantly dismiss others as "flotsam" when they give you input. I have many people, old, young, newbies, old timers, men and women ask for my opinion or my help in the gym, am I an expert?

I know there are some highly intelligent people here. Some are also highly educated. Most are not. Bodybuilders as a group are dumb. That stereotype is probably more true than not.

Genuine input is always welcome. Even excellent criticism. However, I am doing an experiment on myself and am making progress. That is all I need. When I fail to continue gaining is when I will need input.

Good for you that others consider you knowledgeable re training. I don't doubt that but that doesn't make you an hypertrophy expert by what the untrained and intermediates think.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2011, 05:50:51 PM »
Two men who are genuine experts in hypertrophy are Dr Fred Hatfield and Dr Jose Antonio. I acknowledge both of them. Magazine publishers and editors are probably not as expert as they think they are. The smartest bodybuilder re training theory was Mike Mentzer. A pity he championed Heavy Duty and HIT.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »
I know there are some highly intelligent people here. Some are also highly educated. Most are not. Bodybuilders as a group are dumb. That stereotype is probably more true than not.

Genuine input is always welcome. Even excellent criticism. However, I am doing an experiment on myself and am making progress. That is all I need. When I fail to continue gaining is when I will need input.

Good for you that others consider you knowledgeable re training. I don't doubt that but that doesn't make you an hypertrophy expert by what the untrained and intermediates think.

I wouldn't consider myself a bodybuilder....the first 4-5 years maybe.

This is suppose to be about your theory and your results, I am fully interested and can't wait to see what progress is made. What is the time frame for this?

I'm not an expert but my ideas and advice are sought by everyone from newbies to advanced trainers ??? GODDAMN IT I WANT TO BE AN EXPERT!!!!!

My theory of hypertrophy:

Lift heavy shit
Eat lots of dead animal
Rest
Repeat

Winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2011, 05:54:53 PM »
Listen, chaos, if you haven't done the reading why come here to argue points? Makes about as much sense as dumbbells clanging in the weightroom.

Chaos has bigger arms than you.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
Chaos is a big guy and I doubt anyone messes with him in or out of the gym. The hallowed halls of universities allow everyone who is interested in gaining more knowledge.
How many bodybuilders have gone to proper universities and obtained advanced degrees? A few. Frank Zane has a masters and Richard Baldwin and Ellington Darden have PhD degrees.
No one has obtained a PhD in maximum human hypertrophy that I know of.

Many years ago I argued with Milos Sarcev on this forum and he got angry and dismissed me. I was suggesting that I could help him build his arms bigger. He laughed. He said
he had tried everything and even consulted experts in Canada and elsewhere. The fact that he couldn't succeed means what? Only that he failed. It doesn't prove that his
arms couldn't grow more doing something he never tried.

Milos advocates training rapidly. I don't. Training rapidly is not a necessary factor in hypertrophy. Doing so will limit the amount of resistance that can be used and increases
in resistance is what is ultimately behind hypertrophy. It makes all the difference in the world how many reps and sets one does. Time might be important but not so essential.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
And yet those uneducated bodybuilders are huge, seems they either know quite a bit about hypertrophy or are just getting lucky I guess.  I have two master's degrees and a PhD in kinesiology but it doesn't mean I know anything about weightlifting. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2011, 06:07:15 PM »
putting down a 70 year old guy who is just doing what he enjoys in life, nice man.

I was taught to respect my elders.

Vince doesn't deserve my respect...he's arrogant, condescending and flat out rude to anyone who tries to engage him in a serious discussion, or challenges his theories.

He's a jerk, in plain english.

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
this intrigued me. So what is the basis of your training? 1 min rest? Heavy weight? What's so differant can you break it down. I am interested.

Chaos is a big guy and I doubt anyone messes with him in or out of the gym. The hallowed halls of universities allow everyone who is interested in gaining more knowledge.
How many bodybuilders have gone to proper universities and obtained advanced degrees? A few. Frank Zane has a masters and Richard Baldwin and Ellington Darden have PhD degrees.
No one has obtained a PhD in maximum human hypertrophy that I know of.

Many years ago I argued with Milos Sarcev on this forum and he got angry and dismissed me. I was suggesting that I could help him build his arms bigger. He laughed. He said
he had tried everything and even consulted experts in Canada and elsewhere. The fact that he couldn't succeed means what? Only that he failed. It doesn't prove that his
arms couldn't grow more doing something he never tried.

Milos advocates training rapidly. I don't. Training rapidly is not a necessary factor in hypertrophy. Doing so will limit the amount of resistance that can be used and increases
in resistance is what is ultimately behind hypertrophy. It makes all the difference in the world how many reps and sets one does. Time might be important but not so essential.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »
Groink and others have paid their dues and have the size to back up what they say. Others are highly educated. I don't dispute any of your qualifications. However, coming up with new theories in any area is the exception and not the rule. If you got big you had to do plenty of things right. All I am doing is advocating a particular way to train using a feedback mechanism that might be a shortcut to maximum hypertrophy. On a forum where just about everyone believes you need drugs to get huge you would think natural training would be a welcome alternative. That is what I am talking about and I am trying to prove I can grow at my age. Lots of older farts do bodybuilding. Good for them. I just have a different approach and hopefully a more effective one.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2011, 06:21:04 PM »
I was taught to respect my elders.

Vince doesn't deserve my respect...he's arrogant, condescending and flat out rude to anyone who tries to engage him in a serious discussion, or challenges his theories.

He's a jerk, in plain english.

I have never debated with you on Getbig. The Flotsam don't need defending. I have never ignored serious debaters. Please have more content
than lift heavy weights in any argument with me.

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »
please respond

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »
You make it sound like you're Newton yet to be recognized by the world ::). If you dropped the pompous arrogant attitude and presented your theory in a straightforward manner without proclaiming your superiority to the "floatsam" then maybe, maaaybe getbig wouldn't think you're an old delusional fatass. More likely getbig would just think your theory was stupid though.

Lol. How people can bag others for being condescending is one of the ironies of Getbig and the internet. I own a gym and will discuss training and equipment with anyone who comes there. Being superior to most of the Flotsam here is no achievement. Hope this helps.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »
this intrigued me. So what is the basis of your training? 1 min rest? Heavy weight? What's so differant can you break it down. I am interested.

I haven't got time to explain all the details again. Do a search on this forum and on the HST forum for more information. Try "DOMS".

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2011, 06:28:13 PM »
I haven't got time to explain all the details again. Do a search on this forum and on the HST forum for more information. Try "DOMS".

I know what hst is. You want me to search doms here?

please respond

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »
I have never debated with you on Getbig. The Flotsam don't need defending. I have never ignored serious debaters. Please have more content
than lift heavy weights in any argument with me.

That's not an accident....i see the way you "debate" and I'm not interested.  I have decades of training experience and i will freely have a serious, respectful discussion with anyone on different theories of hypertrophy, as i have my own theories as well....you dismiss people out of hand, which is terribly rude

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2011, 06:34:25 PM »
That's not an accident....i see the way you "debate" and I'm not interested.  I have decades of training experience and i will freely have a serious, respectful discussion with anyone on different theories of hypertrophy, as i have my own theories as well....you dismiss people out of hand, which is terribly rude

x2 Basile this is exactly why nobody likes you around here.  You think you're some sort of expert because you own a gym and built some biceps contraption that literally nobody else in the world bothers to use.  Getbig in general is not at all a condescending place; posters treat YOU SPECIFICALLY like that because that's how you treat everyone else.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #217 on: September 22, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
It's like the Chapel Of Rest in here. You haven't ordered a Christmas Tree have you Vince? You'd be fucking throwing your money away! Say hello to Roy Orbison when you get back, tell him we all miss him!

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #218 on: September 22, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »
basile. I searched and just found a few quotes by you. All I got was that I need to be under constant soreness? Could you explain a little more. Whole body? And you train every 3rd day how is the set up? Just train till really sore? I will do this experiment with youu and post pics as well. Since I been stuck at this size forever now. I'd be interested and since I am in my 20s it'll be neat to see. I am down for training like the old days.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »
x2 Basile this is exactly why nobody likes you around here.  You think you're some sort of expert because you own a gym and built some biceps contraption that literally nobody else in the world bothers to use.  Getbig in general is not at all a condescending place; posters treat YOU SPECIFICALLY like that because that's how you treat everyone else.

LOL, at the notion of respect on Getbig. WTF are you talking about? There is no record of a Hulkotron obtaining a PhD in anything. Who the hell are you guys and why I should I debate with internet persona and bullshitters? Post under your real name if you want to be seriously considered. That takes more guts than most of you Flotsam have. While you remain hidden you are Flotsam.

Just imagine that you do post under your real name and then are called a homo, dope, and even a pedo and board owner Ron here allows this sort of despicable thing to persist. What a bunch of jerks. No thanks to being mates with most of you heroes. Get a PhD in maximum human hypertrophy and you will get my utmost respect.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2011, 06:48:24 PM »
LOL, at the notion of respect on Getbig. WTF are you talking about? There is no record of a Hulkotron obtaining a PhD in anything. Who the hell are you guys and why I should I debate with internet persona and bullshitters? Post under your real name if you want to be seriously considered. That takes more guts than most of you Flotsam have. While you remain hidden you are Flotsam.

Just imagine that you do post under your real name and then are called a homo, dope, and even a pedo and board owner Ron here allows this sort of despicable thing to persist. What a bunch of jerks. No thanks to being mates with most of you heroes. Get a PhD in maximum human hypertrophy and you will get my utmost respect.

Why should I want your respect?

If Ron's policy of not banning people who boo hoo call you names around here is such an affront then just leave.  Nobody will miss you.  Nobody forces you to post under your real name you imbecile.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2011, 06:49:30 PM »
Well, no one can deny that even by Getbig standards I am a good shitstirrer!

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »
what exactly did vince invent?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
what exactly did vince invent?

He invented the rear head of the deltoid

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »
He invented the rear head of the deltoid

And the myosin heavy chain.