Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163760 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »
Go to any major university and see how many big bodybuilders you see walking around. Go to the uni gyms and see how many are there? They are as rare as hens teeth. That has always been true, is still true today, and will be true into the far distant future.
Because bodybuilding is a niche pageant that a very small percentage of people are interested in competing in ??? How many big bodybuilders do you see anywhere?

How many huge football players are in these uni gyms? Football is infinitely more popular than bbing, therfore you see many more huge football players than bbers. It's not that difficult to figure out. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2011, 05:49:52 PM »
More photos of the big guys from the past.

Bob Gajda beat Sergio in the AAU Mr America in 1966. I would never have believed that Arnold would be as small as he is in these photos. Larry has retained some of his arm size because he was working out. Overall he has lost most of his size.

Holy shit, is that Larry Scott in 2010?!! That would make him over 70 years old! Incredible! His guns would put most people to shame here at any age.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2011, 05:52:34 PM »
LOL @ stressing.
Guy is finally doing something that people have been raging him about for years and then they try to bring him down. Sure I think he'll fail but how many people actually step up and back up their shit around here?
I hate shit talking bench warmers.

You live in paradise....relax, find a nice girl, play with her tits, pop one off under her chin.

I'll be honest, I don't like Basile because of his "smarter than thou" attitude and his name-calling. I'm not going to whine, cry, or spend any time pondering it though. But I'll be back in full-force once the goofy, old, fuck fails.

Just to witness the carnage.  ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »
You live in paradise....relax, find a nice girl, play with her tits, pop one off under her chin.

I'll be honest, I don't like Basile because of his "smarter than thou" attitude and his name-calling. I'm not going to whine, cry, or spend any time pondering it though. But I'll be back in full-force once the goofy, old, fuck fails.

Just to witness the carnage.  ;D

That is the spirit. Give me your best shots. These knocks are being recorded as historical documents!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2011, 05:57:58 PM »
Measuring tape....

Don't forget.

Abs.

Don't forget them either. An 18" arm doesn't mean shit without abs.

If you are going to do biceps work, you would actually warm them up first and then 1) avoid full extension 2) keep the elbows non-moving (or supported) throughout MOST of the range of motion 3) when you get your fist upside your head, hit it (j/k) ~ actually, turn your wrist AWAY from your head and squeeze the bicep as hard as you can, lift and hold (static)

When you lower your arm, this is another great place for *variable* negative resistance. If you had a good training partner, he could add enough resistance throughout the lowering phase. He would have to know just exactly how much resistance to add ( not too much, not too little)~ then at the bottom of the rep (not full extension) you could hold a static contraction with added resistance. After the bicep is on fire with lactic acid, you could start pumping out partial "burns" and fry them.

You shouldn't have to do this twice.

If I could "invent" a machine, I would have fully twisting handles and a foot lever to vary the resistance throughout the range of motion. This is the only way I could see a machine tailoring it's movement to you and your individual build. I don't know how I could get enough resistance (without a partner) for the lowering (negative) portion of the rep.

You could attempt single arm curls in the seated concentration position (to begin with) and then stand up against a wall for the rest of the rep, and for the negative, reach your other arm across and pull down during the lowering phase I suppose...

good description of proper bicep form and technique. i like doing them on the preacher bench one arm at a time. but not to failure and certainly not partials after hitting failure.  i bet your arms have been the same size for years. not that you have small arms, from the pics you posted your arms look good.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
Holy shit, is that Larry Scott in 2010?!! That would make him over 70 years old! Incredible! His guns would put most people to shame here at any age.

x2
O

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
good description of proper bicep form and technique. i like doing them on the preacher bench one arm at a time. but not to failure and certainly not partials after hitting failure.  i bet your arms have been the same size for years. not that you have small arms, from the pics you posted your arms look good.

Larry Scott knew how to train arms. Very good information from him. I haven't had any big champions try my biceps-supinator machine. Lee Priest came to my gym for a workout but stayed in the free weights room. I wasn't there so couldn't invite him to have a go. That would have been interesting. I would like some feedback from a guy with huge arms.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:17 PM »

My arm size always fluctuates with my total bodyweight/bodyfat levels.

I suppose they reached their "natural" max years ago. We all know what Gh15 has to say about that. I perfectly fit his criteria.

For my height and bodyfat, I suppose my arms are pretty big. I still hear comments from people when I'm wearing a T-shirt (not a Jay Cutler approved "club T") ~ but the comments aren't flowing like they used to be. I'm gettin' old man. Sure, I'd love to have 19" guns, but I'm not willing to pay the price.

That bicep workout of mine isn't etched in stone. It's something I do every so often. I actually have the twisting handles made already. They have an outer circular ring with a bike grip handle in the middle. They are very crude.

I suppose I could post pics... but then again, what if I get a patent and become filthy stinking rich?

LOL. I'm so stupid.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:34 PM »
Come on, Vince.  Dropping fat should be your priority, as if your doctor hasn't already told you so.  We'd like to keep you on the board so make with the heartrate monitored cardio and veggie intensive calorie moderated eating plan.  If you want to do some curls too while you're at it, then cool.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2011, 06:21:22 PM »
Larry Scott knew how to train arms. Very good information from him. I haven't had any big champions try my biceps-supinator machine. Lee Priest came to my gym for a workout but stayed in the free weights room. I wasn't there so couldn't invite him to have a go. That would have been interesting. I would like some feedback from a guy with huge arms.

What was/is Larry Scott's info?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »
Larry Scott has a website. You can find some videos on YouTube.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:58 PM »
Gaining an inch or two is easy for beginners who never stepped into a gym in their life. The amount of size a person puts on in that first and second month of consistent training is some of the best growth they will ever see without hormones. I'm saying that your body has been untrained for so long that your arms will grow like a weed the first couple months regardless of how you train as long as its consistent. So an inch or two on your arms in 30 to 60 days is basically a given.

Stavios

« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »
lol at this thread

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »
Larry Scott has a website. You can find some videos on YouTube.

Awwww man!

I know you could break it down for me!

I've seen his vids, I guess I didn't see anything earth-shattering.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2011, 09:28:44 PM »
Uhhhhhhhhh....heh heh... uhhhhhhhhhhh... hey Beavis.... :P

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »
LOL @ stressing.

Guy is finally doing something that people have been raging him about for years and then they try to bring him down. Sure I think he'll fail but how many people actually step up and back up their shit around here?

I hate shit talking bench warmers.

This

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2011, 02:33:09 AM »
Now some are saying an 18 inch arm isn't big if one is bulky. It is only 16 inches of muscle. What a laugh.

Vince, listen...

Yes, you can "match" the size of your arm in your 1970 pictures, but for them to "match" you will have to be in the SAME bf%!!

Again, an 18 inch arm in the condition you are in NOW, is about a 16 inch arm in the condition of your 1970 photos.

To "BEAT" your former self, you will have to get in the same bf%.

Please don't argue this, or just change your experiment to "I just want 18inch arms" without the challenge of beating your 1970 condition.
They are two different challenges.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2011, 03:06:53 AM »
Uhhhhhhhhh....heh heh... uhhhhhhhhhhh... hey Beavis.... :P

His spider curl and brachialis thing made sense. Maybe Arnold was right after all that the concentration curls give you more peak.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2011, 03:20:49 AM »
His spider curl and brachialis thing made sense. Maybe Arnold was right after all that the concentration curls give you more peak.

According to the date of that tape Scott was 63-64 years old. I didn't realize how well he has aged.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2011, 03:24:44 AM »
Casey V's arms and delts are looking pretty massive there.

I'm curious Vince, when Ray Mentzer was out there in aussieland with you back in the 80s how was he training then? He's a vid of him training Boyer probably at about the same time that you saw him.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2011, 05:59:57 AM »
Vince, listen...

Yes, you can "match" the size of your arm in your 1970 pictures, but for them to "match" you will have to be in the SAME bf%!!

Again, an 18 inch arm in the condition you are in NOW, is about a 16 inch arm in the condition of your 1970 photos.

To "BEAT" your former self, you will have to get in the same bf%.

Please don't argue this, or just change your experiment to "I just want 18inch arms" without the challenge of beating your 1970 condition.
They are two different challenges.

Exactly. And Vince could get 20 inch arms with no training at all, just by stuffing his face. Completely meaningless as a comparison to 1970. Vince would have to diet HARD for 6-12 months to even get within a few % points away from his 1970 conditioning, which was real smooth by bodybuilding standards anyway. But Vince just does not get it.

BTW, his DOMS training is great for constantly inflamed muscles... great for adding some fake size. Kind of like the 1 day arm cure program.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2011, 06:02:03 AM »
Exactly. And Vince could get 20 inch arms with no training at all, just by stuffing his face. Completely meaningless as a comparison to 1970. Vince would have to diet HARD for 6-12 months to even get within a few % points away from his 1970 conditioning, which was real smooth by bodybuilding standards anyway. But Vince just does not get it.

BTW, his DOMS training is great for constantly inflamed muscles... great for adding some fake size. Kind of like the 1 day arm cure program.

He's plain and simple dumb.

His "gains" will be gone once he stops his training and the inflammation heals up.

But that's how it will turn out, he will get fatter, imflammated and post his pics and tell us how we all are just dumb bodybuilders and he is right.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2011, 06:04:22 AM »
Larry has retained some of his arm size because he was working out. Overall he has lost most of his size.

Of course he lost size, he's old (still looks great though). But maybe it's because Larry doesn't know the correct training theory and doesn't have access to a supinator machine. ::)

Larry is probably on hormones too. But hormones mean nothing without the right training method.  ::)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
Larry Scott definitely knows his anatomy and physiology/kinesiology when it comes to training.

I was surprised at all the full extensions and cheat reps, but it obviously worked for him. I would just be real concerned about low-back injuries and such. I guess it's a good thing the skinny dude is wearing a lifting belt.

His arms are still better than many folks' and probably way better than most younger guys'

I wonder if his businesses and books have made him enough money to be comfortable?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
I guess he has earned some money. Oliva looks like a warmed up corpse. Is he ill ?