Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163769 times)

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #625 on: November 19, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »
Dude..you need to be more respectful with only nine posts

lol, only 9 on THAT username account  ;)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #626 on: November 19, 2011, 08:00:34 AM »
lol, only 9 on THAT username account  ;)

my thoughts exactly

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: November 19, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
So you are saying, that I should become less and less respectful as my post count increases? Basile is demented. That is a statement of fact.

no..just saying that here at getbig you need to get the lay of the land before you start insulting people right away.....you're like the guy who goes to a party where he doesn't know anybody and starts a fight as soon as he walks in the door ;)

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #628 on: November 19, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »
So what? Who are you to tell me what to do? You are not even a Mod. Showing respect in posts does not even begin to fit in at Getbig.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: November 19, 2011, 08:17:31 AM »
So what? Who are you to tell me what to do? You are not even a Mod. Showing respect in posts does not even begin to fit in at Getbig.

Dude you just proved my point....just having fun with ya and fucking with you.....yet you're starting a fight with me because I hurt your feelings :)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #630 on: November 19, 2011, 08:20:30 AM »
I am just now reading this thread and only read the first 5 posts ( not pages but POSTS) and am very proud of Vince for doing this.

I wish I could hop in a training session with you and take some notes from an old school guy like yourself!

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #631 on: November 19, 2011, 08:32:51 AM »
Dude you just proved my point....just having fun with ya and fucking with you.....yet you're starting a fight with me because I hurt your feelings :)

You have made no point or even any sense. My feelings are not hurt in any way.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2011, 09:09:07 AM »
no..just saying that here at getbig you need to get the lay of the land before you start insulting people right away.....you're like the guy who goes to a party where he doesn't know anybody and starts a fight as soon as he walks in the door ;)

says the bottom feeder swinging off basilles nuts

bet you weigh bout 110 soaking wet
T

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #633 on: November 19, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
Don't know who the new poster is but to say Vince is all those things you mentioned isn't right. He still has a fire to train at 69 which more than most 30+ year olds can say. He believes when he believes and stands up for it. Nothing wrong with that.

Swlabr

« Reply #634 on: November 19, 2011, 02:17:16 PM »
You still look like shit.

HTH

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: November 19, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
says the bottom feeder swinging off basilles nuts

bet you weigh bout 110 soaking wet

actually I'm 250...somewhat overweight but strong as all hell

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: November 19, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »
Don't know who the new poster is but to say Vince is all those things you mentioned isn't right. He still has a fire to train at 69 which more than most 30+ year olds can say. He believes when he believes and stands up for it. Nothing wrong with that.

good post :)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #637 on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »

I don't think he has a fire. The man has owned a gym for decades and has looked liked dog shit for all that time. That is unacceptable. I personally think he was only in shape for a very short place in time (1970) I think he may have looked like shit for most of his life. He juiced up for a show to compete against no one and after he took the trophy, he disappeared into the city known as jokeville. Where am I wrong?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #638 on: November 19, 2011, 11:18:26 PM »
Why doesn't a guy like Basile who has been around the "sport" most of his life have tons of pictures of him in shape and with many older fella's in the industry? something doesn't seem right :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: November 19, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »
Yeah that is really impressive , pretty much for any age.

But this guy is using steroids and GH and I think the main reason why it's a lot harder for older guys to be in great shape is the decline of testosterone and growth hormone levels - so you can't really compare him to your average natural 65 year old guy of course. I also think that this guy built all that muscle when he was still a lot younger and is now just trying to hold on to it... I doubt he has really made any significant progress in terms of muscle mass over the past few years.

Vince is claiming that age does not matter when it comes to building a good body even without steroids... which is obviously complete bullshit and his pictures are a sad proof of this. Claiming he is bigger now than when he won the Mr. Canada just shows how delusional he really is.

Your post peaked my interest largely because I am 67 years old, still bodybuild and I am on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). Without a doubt, one's testosterone levels are a benefit to their good health at any age. Low testosterone can be caused by a number of things including old age. I was diagnosed with low testosterone many years ago. However, my doctor at the time would not agree to testosterone replacement therapy because I also had an enlarged prostate. Fortunately for me, he retired forcing me to seek a new urologist. My current doctor, a urologist, diagnosed me with hypo-gonadism which was causing me to suffer from low testosterone about three years ago. I have been on TRT ever since. I can tell you that it has made a significant difference in my life and my good health, mental and physical. One of the many benefits is that weight training is more successful in terms of results despite the fact that I am on a relatively low dose of testosterone cypionate. There are a number of other health benefits which I won't go into here.

I think it is important to distinguish between self dosed and administered steroids including testosterone and HGH and medical treatment for a variety of conditions with testosterone and/or steroids. It seems to me that some people only think in terms of black and white when it comes to steroid use. Steroids can have significant benefits to people for a variety of medical conditions. Steroids get an undeserved bad wrap because of steroid abuse....particularly in the area of sports, including bodybuilding.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: November 20, 2011, 12:45:55 AM »
actually I'm 250...somewhat overweight but strong as all hell

sure you are champ
T

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2011, 01:17:12 AM »
Are you documenting all of your training methods to share with us?
Sadly, Vince has suffered through the Great Sydney Tape Measure Famine, only to succumb to the Great East Australian Pencil & Notebook Drought.

It looks like he was spared the Southern Digital Camera Shortage though.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2011, 05:23:16 AM »
well i think Vince brings it on himself with his cocky ways. I am correct and everyone else is dumb( or so he thinks ). well anyway let him think he is the "Iron Guru". I don't think he is a bad guy just a bit too sure of himself. ::)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2011, 05:37:44 AM »
Sometimes I think Vince is the ultimate gimmick.  I mean i guess there really is a Vince Basile who was mr cananda and owns a gym but someone who perhaps knows him well invented the persona on ironage and getbig in a pisstaking exercise.
It would make more sense if this was the case. The real Vince Basile probably doesnt even know he is a member of getbig and being mocked for his arrogance and dillusion.  Probably the gimmick creator got him to flex his old guns in the gym a couple of weeks ago in order to build this experiement story around it.   :-\

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #644 on: November 20, 2011, 08:46:33 AM »

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2011, 08:55:40 AM »
Looking at the awesome competitors for the 1970 Mr. Canada, it's no wonder Basile resorted to taking steroids.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #646 on: November 20, 2011, 09:16:06 AM »
If someone had the opportunity to spend a day with Vince, whether it be in a gym or just sitting down and talking, that person would walk away having learned something.

Vince does possess a wealth of information. Sometimes it is abrasive, but who here isn't?

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #647 on: November 20, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »
I think it is important to distinguish between self dosed and administered steroids including testosterone and HGH and medical treatment for a variety of conditions with testosterone and/or steroids. It seems to me that some people only think in terms of black and white when it comes to steroid use. Steroids can have significant benefits to people for a variety of medical conditions. Steroids get an undeserved bad wrap because of steroid abuse....particularly in the area of sports, including bodybuilding.

Yeah completely agree with your post. I actually think that most or even all men beyond a certain age would largely benefit from TRT in terms of well-being and health.

Too low testosterone levels are probably worse than using testosterone within a certain range... and it will definitely improve your mental health as well just from feeling more energetic, better sex life etc.

hench

• Getbig V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: November 20, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »
sure you are champ

got no reason to lie...I admitted to being overweight....didn't present myself as a near Olympiad as others on here do