Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163770 times)

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2011, 05:16:13 PM »

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #651 on: November 20, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
where's vince

Vince right there looks like an old Vince Gironda.

BE/ACT/STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #652 on: November 21, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »
got no reason to lie...I admitted to being overweight....didn't present myself as a near Olympiad as others on here do

ok tubby i believe you

a fat strong guy

awesome
T

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: November 21, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »
ok tubby i believe you

a fat strong guy

awesome

feel good about yourself???

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #654 on: November 21, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
Sadly, Vince has suffered through the Great Sydney Tape Measure Famine, only to succumb to the Great East Australian Pencil & Notebook Drought.

It looks like he was spared the Southern Digital Camera Shortage though.

lolz

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #655 on: January 03, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »
Any updates?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #656 on: January 03, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
10/10

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
updates?
A

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #658 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »
was just thinking about this earlier.
Come on Vince whats your sit rep?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #659 on: January 04, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
yes tell us all vince about your gains.

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #660 on: January 04, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »
was just thinking about this earlier.
Come on Vince whats your sit rep?
Youll have to speak up hes hard of hearing ;D
Nah hows it going pretty good i hope i will be dead at your age
Herpes

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #661 on: January 04, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
where's vince
Weak line-up would be an understatement.  :-X
T

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #662 on: January 04, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »
updates?

I predict a fake injury kept him from reaching his goal ::) That and copious amounts of alcohol.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #663 on: January 04, 2012, 08:23:07 PM »
I hope he's ok. Not seen that blue font for a while.
O

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #664 on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:58 AM »
When I started this experiment in September I well knew what to expect. Some rapid growth in muscle size accompanied with a big leap in strength. Within 3 months my arms were over 18 cold and I was very pleased. I had read about Bruce Randall saying that he could train his arms daily and still make gains. As my arms moved past the 18 inch barrier I got a bit excited so started training a bit more frequently. By this time I was lifting 8 plates in the lying triceps extensions. This particular exercise was more effective than doing a similar exercise on the modified Nautilus Triceps machine. Those who have followed my prescriptions know that I advocate training the same muscle every 3rd day without fail. Not on the 4th day and not on the 2nd day. Well, I retrained them on the 2nd day and when I reached 7 plates I felt a slight tear in my left triceps. What a bummer. So I had to back off doing arms and started doing legs during the break. After a week or so I tried arms again and this time my right arm felt like a mild tear. What the heck was going on?

I told my son about my slight injury and he had a look at my arms and told me I might have been putting pressure on the fascia of the triceps when the arms are pressing down during the extensions. To compound the pressure I was supersetting with a Nautilus Biceps machine where your arms are elevated but against pads. That required another couple of weeks off the arms program. In the meantime my legs are feeling firmer. I can tell you that as you age you avoid doing squats because they tax you so much. No way I was about to do 6 maximum sets of squats or leg presses!

What everyone here should know is that having 18 inch arms means you have to train hard and heavy. There is no other way to generate that much size. I hope to continue the experiment and take it to the next level but I am not so confident that I can avoid injuries. Lifting heavy and to the limit means you are courting disaster at any time.

The most difficult part will be losing some bodyfat. Goodness me but the safety fat stays with me if I diet. I lose muscle size instead. I don't fancy doing cardio because I have never done much of that in the past. The good thing about this experiment is that I am training hard and regularly again.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #665 on: January 05, 2012, 02:59:36 AM »
Another bullshit cop-out from this old fart.

Pushing 70 and too stupid to modify training poundage's ( 8 plates on lying triceps extensions . . . four 5's a side maybe.) Pushing 70 and too dumb to do cardio and wonders why he is not losing fat. Pushing 70 and training arms every day . . . all this an no pics.

This chump has been a pain in the ass from day one with his BS,  starting with pics of his grip strength over on ironage years ago.

Put up or shut up, pops.

THE BEEF

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #666 on: January 05, 2012, 04:44:31 AM »
you have to train hard and heavy. There is no other way to generate that much size.

The good thing about this experiment is that I am training hard

There's your answer right there, not DOMS. I'm suprised that you can handle that much volume as a natty and not regress

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #667 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:58 AM »
I predict a fake injury kept him from reaching his goal ::)

You called it!

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #668 on: January 05, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »
You called it!

Yes, he did.

However, THE BEEF suggests there was no training experiment at all. This entire thread was just another platform for this douche to get attention. Nothing more.

THE BEEF

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #669 on: January 05, 2012, 07:37:13 AM »
Oh brother. So, despite years and years of telling us how and where to position our joints/tendons to avoid injury, Vince gets all farked up!?   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #670 on: January 05, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »
I told ya training on machines all the time would eventually lead to injury. But you know best...right Vince?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #671 on: January 05, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
vince is an idiot

the people on here that support him are very nieve
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #672 on: January 05, 2012, 08:37:50 AM »
What a sad collection of misfits and know-it-alls we see here. Maximum hypertrophy training can be dangerous for older men with decades of experience. Few of us can do heavy bench presses because of soreness in the shoulders. Sore elbows add to the weak links in the body.
I exceeded my previous maximum arm size last month. Imagine how good that made me feel. I already mentioned that my elbows were tender from soreness through doing very heavy pullovers way back in 1965. My elbows were sore for about 6 months and have been tender ever since. I have been careful this time but exceptional size requires an exceptional effort. I will resume training but proceed slower re adding resistance.
I have proven once again that significant growth is possible at my age so my experiment has been a success. The flotsam is too dense to appreciate my accomplishment.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:42 AM »
What a sad collection of misfits and know-it-alls we see here. Maximum hypertrophy training can be dangerous for older men with decades of experience. Few of us can do heavy bench presses because of soreness in the shoulders. Sore elbows add to the weak links in the body.
I exceeded my previous maximum arm size last month. Imagine how good that made me feel. I already mentioned that my elbows were tender from soreness through doing very heavy pullovers way back in 1965. My elbows were sore for about 6 months and have been tender ever since. I have been careful this time but exceptional size requires an exceptional effort. I will resume training but proceed slower re adding resistance.
I have proven once again that significant growth is possible at my age so my experiment has been a success. The flotsam is too dense to appreciate my accomplishment.

you achieved a flabby slab of fuck all

you are the most delusional person on here
T

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #674 on: January 05, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »

You are fat and delusional, hope this helps.