Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163755 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #1100 on: March 06, 2012, 07:15:35 PM »
You looked better on page 1 Vince.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1101 on: March 06, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »
Being 69 isn't that great. Age eventually makes everyone look bad.

Here is a photo when I was 56. That was only 13 years ago.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1102 on: March 06, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
My 83 yr old Dad never lifted weights and with all due respect, has better biceps. In other words Sir, you look no different than any other 69 yr old out there. Don't get me wrong, you don't look outlandishly out of shape, but I'm starting to think you're just having some fun with us with the posing.

If you're serious, then please disregard the above paragraph, you look totally awesome!  ;)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1103 on: March 06, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
Have you young guys had a look at old farts who are 69-70? Most don't look good at all. I hold up well compared to most people my age.

I can flex my arms and feel good about what I have achieved. I can tell you it is easy to not do much training at my age. Getbig gives me the motivation

to train hard enough to grow.

At the moment I am too heavy. When I start to trim up I should look better.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #1104 on: March 06, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »
Have you young guys had a look at old farts who are 69-70? Most don't look good at all. I hold up well compared to most people my age.

I can flex my arms and feel good about what I have achieved. I can tell you it is easy to not do much training at my age. Getbig gives me the motivation

do you looks like 4 steps from death...no
but you are starting to resemble the word delusional

its great that at 69 you still want to train and care about your health ( dont get me wrong)
getbig or getgot

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1105 on: March 06, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
Seems to me just about everyone on this forum is either delusional or a bullshitter!

Here I am in 2004 in Surrey which is just outside of Vancouver, BC.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1106 on: March 06, 2012, 08:51:07 PM »
vince = delusional idiot

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #1107 on: March 06, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
Vince, your neck is magnificent. How do you train it, or are you just gifted?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1108 on: March 06, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
LOL. I look like an old rooster nowadays. Curse old age!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1109 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:49 AM »
just realised vince is trolling

well done you fat old cu nt
T

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #1110 on: March 07, 2012, 12:33:46 AM »

Vince, stop complaining about your age.

Here is a TV advert my mate Tommy Hafey shot at 79 and 10 months. Evan though Jeep turned 70, Tom just turned 80.

Tommy is our FitX ambassador for 2012. http://www.fitx.com.au/

He is a true inspiration!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1111 on: March 07, 2012, 04:49:08 AM »
When I start to trim up I should look better.

and when will that be? with time being on your side and all...

Your face color is that of someone with serious health problems, most likely stupidly high blood pressure with an organ or two responding at below 50%. This has nothing to do with you "being out in the sun" a lot. The skin color is only in the face and the rest of you is white. You are in deep shit because you have been overweight for far too long without doing anything about it.

secondly,

again with these ridiculous arm pictures. all of them are a display of your elbows and hairy arms. do you remember how to perform a front biceps shot from your mr canada days? or did you show off your elbows to the judges back then too?

You are a mess old man. nothing but excuses throughout this whole thread. EXCUSES = fail of a human being!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1112 on: March 07, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »

Your claim was that age is no hindrance to bodybuilding. You claimed that you could exceed your level of physical conditioning and muscular size that you achieved back when you won Mr. Canada. You are in your sixth month already -- six months! -- and I see no discernible progress. If you attribute that to injuries, injuries you presumably did not have to deal with when you were younger, then that is just more real world proof that age is indeed a huge obstacle in maintaining and improving physical conditioning and muscle hypertrophy.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #1113 on: March 07, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »
Clarence Bass, the late Jack La Lanne, the late Serge Nubret, Chet Yorton, Ed Corney... there are so many more that have stayed in shape since their younger and more competitive days. So many more.

National Averages? No. We suck. Fatties are ubiquitous, but you could have easily had a six pack of abs by now.

No more arm shots. Let's see that "safety" fat around your navel... or, better yet, let's not.

"Safety fat" ~ that's like Auschwitz fat bro. - and *that* is NOT what you are sporting these days.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #1114 on: March 07, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »
100% attributable to extreme masturbation......of other people.

Haha
Trans Milkshake.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #1115 on: March 07, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
Tommy Hafey has got no "safety fat" he has never been sick in his life.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1116 on: March 07, 2012, 11:45:08 PM »
Your claim was that age is no hindrance to bodybuilding. You claimed that you could exceed your level of physical conditioning and muscular size that you achieved back when you won Mr. Canada. You are in your sixth month already -- six months! -- and I see no discernible progress. If you attribute that to injuries, injuries you presumably did not have to deal with when you were younger, then that is just more real world proof that age is indeed a huge obstacle in maintaining and improving physical conditioning and muscle hypertrophy.

fucking hell thats a first

good post
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1117 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »

Fair enough, Pellius. However, I am more interested in seeing if I can get my arms bigger than ever before. I equalled my past best but injuries prevented me from exceeding it. That was frustrating. I also believe that keeping the muscles growing is as close as we can get to the fountain of youth without chemicals.

There simply isn't a safe exercise to get really big triceps. Not when you are older.

Just training to look good on the beach is not very compelling for me. I want to get bigger muscles. That is the challenge.

Injuries are often masked and you don't realize you have them until you lift heavy. Then you discover it hurts to do lat pulldowns. Heck, 20 years ago I could do 20 plates easy for 5 reps without warming up. Those days are gone. Curse getting older. Guys who are fit and lean are impressive but not to me. I never cared for that look or lifestyle. I always thought guys who did marathons or triathlons were nuts. I still do. Ditto for those Tour de France lunatics.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1118 on: March 08, 2012, 02:35:31 AM »
Heres a pic of Martin Yates Brown,from England and been competing from the age of 16,this is him at age 63 from 2 years ago,just to show you can still get in shape at an advanced age.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #1119 on: March 08, 2012, 03:43:30 AM »
Good thing our Vince has his 'safety fat.' It's absorbing some of the savage beating he's taking. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1120 on: March 08, 2012, 05:37:22 AM »
Good thing our Vince has his 'safety fat.' It's absorbing some of the savage beating he's taking. 
... ;D  yes Vincent is taking it all very well i must say.. I nearly feel sorry for the man.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1121 on: March 08, 2012, 05:38:38 AM »
:D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1122 on: March 08, 2012, 11:25:56 AM »
Fair enough, Pellius. However, I am more interested in seeing if I can get my arms bigger than ever before. I equalled my past best but injuries prevented me from exceeding it. That was frustrating. I also believe that keeping the muscles growing is as close as we can get to the fountain of youth without chemicals.

Just an observation, ...If you were 7% bodyfat for Mr. Canada, and you are now 25% bodyfat, how will you be able to determine your bicep is "bigger" than ever before on a level playing field?   

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
« Reply #1123 on: March 08, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »
The reason old man Vince wants to hang onto his safety fat, is that he lives in fear of being stranded in the Australian Outback and not being able to live off his bodyfat until rescued or eaten by Aborigines. Much of his safety fat is in his head. He also has a lot of fat that is unsafe.

io856

« Reply #1124 on: March 08, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »

Injuries are often masked and you don't realize you have them until you lift heavy. Then you discover it hurts to do lat pulldowns. Heck, 20 years ago I could do 20 plates easy for 5 reps without warming up. Those days are gone. Curse getting older. Guys who are fit and lean are impressive but not to me. I never cared for that look or lifestyle. I always thought guys who did marathons or triathlons were nuts. I still do. Ditto for those Tour de France lunatics.

Where did that from? In a reply from Pellius' post...?