Author Topic: UFC 136: Edgar vs Maynard III Preview; Aldo vs. Florian, Sonnen vs. Stann  (Read 4548 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Two championship fights set the stage for UFC 136 when lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and unbeaten number one contender Gray Maynard battle it out for the third time and featherweight phenom Jose Aldo defends his title against Kenny Florian.
Watch UFC 136 Live on Pay-Per-View or www.UFC.tv on Saturday, Oct 8th at 6/9pm PT/ET.

!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: UFC 136: Edgar vs Maynard III Preview; Aldo vs. Florian, Sonnen vs. Stann
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
the second fight was a great fight.  i think maynard should have won it. he destroyed edgar in the first round but i give edgar credit for coming back. most fighters would have been finished after that. SO i can see where it could have been called a draw
irongearco.com

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »
I got my usual cage side seats and tickets to the expo as well.....I also signed up for the grappling tournament but couldn't get Thursday off for the tournament weighins so I wasted 100.00 fuckin bucks.... :(    Either way I'll have bad ass pics and I'll see if I get any type of news or scoops.  I'll have them up a few days after the event because I'm staying in H-town a couple recovery days lol.
Predictions
 40/61

coltrane

• Getbig IV
I got my usual cage side seats and tickets to the expo as well.....I also signed up for the grappling tournament but couldn't get Thursday off for the tournament weighins so I wasted 100.00 fuckin bucks.... :(    Either way I'll have bad ass pics and I'll see if I get any type of news or scoops.  I'll have them up a few days after the event because I'm staying in H-town a couple recovery days lol.

Are you fluffing the fighters this UFC too?   ;D   jk   

Post pics when you get back from the event.

suckmymuscle

Two championship fights set the stage for UFC 136 when lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and unbeaten number one contender Gray Maynard battle it out for the third time and featherweight phenom Jose Aldo defends his title against Kenny Florian.
Watch UFC 136 Live on Pay-Per-View or www.UFC.tv on Saturday, Oct 8th at 6/9pm PT/ET.

No interest in this card. I ain't watching it. José Aldo vs Kenny Florian? Does anyone think Florian will even survive a round?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Honestly, I didn't think so....but he did....but it was soooooo boring of a fight.  Much like almost all Damien Miyah (sp?) fights.

The Chael fight and Maynard/Edgar fight were awesome.

Who is getting cut from UFC from the Pham/Garcia fight?

kevcat

• Getbig IV
Was a superb even IMO.Was worth it alone to see Edgar Maynard.Theres not many fights that look that dramatic.Absolutely crazy.
Aldo was once again disappointing IMO.Id heard all the hype before he joined UFC but hes not demolished anyone in that way we were told he would.Pretty boring fight.
Its always worth watchin Sonnen also.He was top class and no doubt hes gona take that strap from Silva soon.
Leonard n Pham was a good brawl also, so youre once again full of shit saying this would be a dull card  and Floriqan wouldnt last a round SM.You should start taking an interest in things you actually know about instead of pretending youre this big fight fan ;D

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Sonnen was phenomenal, much much better than i thought he would be. Amazing aggression combined with technique to effortlessly take out a man that alot of the division were avoiding.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Who is getting cut from UFC from the Pham/Garcia fight?

Neither, silly question. It was a great fight.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Neither, silly question. It was a great fight.

I read both were probably close to being cut for lack luster performances prior to the PPV

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 07:39:36 AM »
Garcia is a beast with a stone chin.  He should not be cut.