Author Topic: Obama Now Says He's 'Agnostic' On Possible Tax Hikes For Households Below $250K  (Read 1131 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
President Obama Now Says He's 'Agnostic' On Possible Tax Hikes For Households Below $250K a Year
New York Daily News ^ | Wednesday, February 10, 2010 | Kenneth R. Bazinet

Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:04:39 PM by kristinn

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______

President Obama says he is now "agnostic" about raising taxes on households making under $250,000 a year to help cut budget deficits, signaling a possible retreat from a campaign pledge.

In an interview with Bloomberg BusinessWeek on newsstands Friday, Obama said a presidential budget commission needs to look at all options for deficit reduction - including tax increases and cuts in spending on such programs as Social Security and Medicare.

"The whole point of it is to make sure that all ideas are on the table," Obama said. "So what I want to do is to be completely agnostic, in terms of solutions."

Obama repeatedly vowed during the 2008 campaign to spare households earning less than $250,000 a year from tax increases.

(Excerpt) Read more at nydailynews.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____________

Suckers. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Wow what a surprise, run up the defecit like a madman, then stick it to the middle class yet again.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
This is why when I hear idiots who voted for him express buyers' remorse, I have zero sympathy. 

None.  Screw them and their buyers' remorse.  Maybe next time they wont be duped so badly. 

This is like dejavu' from BUSH I all over again, remember "read my lips, no new taxes". Well that is a big reason he was a 1 term POTUS and the same will happen to the current POTUS.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Where are all of the usual cronies to defend him? 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
What percentage of US households have a combined income of more than $250K?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
What percentage of US households have a combined income of more than $250K?

That's not the point. Pretty soon 250k  is going to become 150, and 100 and so on until only the dirt poor aren't taxed up the ass. You can't quadruple the deficit while fighting two wars without the trickle down effect hitting middle class Americans right in the balls.

And BTW--  the article says under 250k--- Not above.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
That's not the point. Pretty soon 250k  is going to become 150, and 100 and so on until only the dirt poor aren't taxed up the ass. You can't quadruple the deficit while fighting two wars without the trickle down effect hitting middle class Americans right in the balls.

And BTW--  the article says under 250k--- Not above.

Bingo.

It's just like the healthcare issue.  If the govt has a cheap option, primarily because they don't have to turn a profitto stay in business like private companies do, they will run the privates out of business eventually and then we will only have one option....the gov-ment.

People have got to start looking beyond what is 1ft in front of their face.......it's the bus thats 25ft away doing 100mph that you need to pay attention to.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
Just add this to the list of lies and broken promises, is anyone actualy surprised??

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
even the podium says it lol !!!

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
It would be a shame if he did in fact increase taxes on the middle class.  This was a key component of his whole strategy or strategery for you Bush voters out there. 

Abandon every hope...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Where I live that is a 10 y/r teacher and 1-yr fireman combined salary in NYC. 

Bullshit.

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/salary/search/q-firefighter/l-new+york,+ny

The average salary for firefighter jobs in New York, NY is $43,000. Average firefighter salaries can vary greatly due to company, location, industry, experience and benefits.

You gonna tell me that a teacher makes 200K

No way in hell.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Hey genius-- he wrote 10 year teacher-- not an average teacher.

And he lives in Westchester, not NYC-- so the average teacher and firefighter probably make much more money.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
"Maybe next time they wont be duped so badly.  "

I think we all know that next time, they will be duped so badly.  Again and again.  They'll always select 1 of the 2 hand-picked candidates their TV tells them is most viable.  You will never see a Ron Paul vs a Dennis Kuscinish.  You'll always see two Goldmansachs tools with a little bit of GQ tossed in for taste. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It would be a shame if he did in fact increase taxes on the middle class.  This was a key component of his whole strategy or strategery for you Bush voters out there. 

And, like so many of his strategeries, his walk don't back his talk.

He promised healthcare debate on C-Span...DIDN'T HAPPEN

His stimulus was supposed to keep unemployment under 8%.....DIDN'T HAPPEN

His administration was supposed to be lobbyist and earmark-free.....DIDN'T HAPPEN

NAS Guantanamo Bay was supposed to be closed three weeks ago.....DIDN'T HAPPEN

ObamaCare was to insure that people could keep their own insurance and doctors.....DIDN'T HAPPEN (Obama admitted to the GOP that language "may have" been "sneaked" into the bill that gives government control over both).

So, is it any surprise that Obama's promise that our taxes won't go up "one single dime" will be just the latest in a LOOOOOOOOONG line of his politically letting his mouth write checks his behind can't cash?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Fine... West Chester.

Still Bullshit.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/People_in_Westchester_County,_New_York,_United_States/Salary

80K for a teacher... That's a high and a low and all ages.

10 years sounds like a good average amount of time to be a teacher.

Bullshit all over the place.

You made the claim, now prove me wrong.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Fine... West Chester.

Still Bullshit.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/People_in_Westchester_County,_New_York,_United_States/Salary

80K for a teacher... That's a high and a low and all ages.

10 years sounds like a good average amount of time to be a teacher.

Bullshit all over the place.

You made the claim, now prove me wrong.

Not even close, TU you're here in Cali just like I am, I know MANY firefighters and even thought they make less than $100k in salary, they make even more than that in overtime.

That being said, even though he just mentioned "households" he also means small businesses and not just $250k in profits but gross receipts and sales. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
3333 stated salary.

I didn't... he did.

Can you do better on OT? Sure... but there was even an article saying how 40 people in NYC who were public servants made over 200K.

That's 40 people with OT.

Either way you slice it, 3333 has the burdon of proof on him, which he will never do, because it's just not feasible.

His statement that it's a "combined salary for a 10yr teacher and a firefighter" is complete bologna.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
333, if you haven't filed taxes already, I think you need to file TU this year......haha

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V

Ha ha.  I cant wait till he looks at the link I gave.  No apologies necessary.   

He will either ignore this...or just follow Lib Debating 101 and try to warp it into a different topic.  Or blame Bush!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Again,

Your beat down is to yourself.

You said "SALARY"

You didn't say OT, nor bonus... I even mentioned that I saw the same article in my previous post.

There is NO SALARY that high.

The salaries cap out at 130K

Do you not know the difference?