Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 181108 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #750 on: January 26, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »
Why?  That isn't a test for being biased in favor of the truth.  A lot of people try and say being "unbiased" means you don't favor one side or the other.  That's BS.  Both "sides" are not created equal.  I hate the Republican Party, and they are full of spineless liars, but by and large they are not psychotic like the Democrat Party has become.  They're not pushing to have kids amputate their twig and berries and boobs and give them puberty blockers.  They don't say men can get pregnant.  They don't engage in massive censorship. 

What I often do is point out the chronic problems, dangers, and hypocrisy I see with liberals/progressives.  I don't need to do the same for conservatives and Republicans, because all you need to do for that is turn on or read almost any news sources.

I am a stickler for details so, warning, you will hate me for posting this little annoying fact, but the definition of bias is:
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
"there was evidence of bias against foreign applicants"

In reality, all people are products of their environment and so it is only natural we have some bias... which in practice really just means we have an opinion. It would be a sad world if none of us had an opinion about anything. In that were the case we'd be not much more than amoebae.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #751 on: January 30, 2023, 01:51:47 PM »
I am a stickler for details so, warning, you will hate me for posting this little annoying fact, but the definition of bias is:
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

In reality, all people are products of their environment and so it is only natural we have some bias... which in practice really just means we have an opinion. It would be a sad world if none of us had an opinion about anything. In that were the case we'd be not much more than amoebae.

You should be a stickler for the literal definition of words, as well as how people use and misuse those words. 

For example, the definition you posted includes "prejudice" and "unfair," both of which must be present if someone is biased.  But that's not how people often use "bias."  For example, I believe liberals/progressives are dangerously intolerant and censor opposing viewpoints.  That view is not the result of bias and it's not unfair, because it's an absolute fact.  But you folks will call it biased because it is directed at liberals/progressives. 

I agree people are a product of their environments, but it is possible to expose yourself to varying viewpoints and become a more informed, well rounded person.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #752 on: January 30, 2023, 02:55:22 PM »
You should be a stickler for the literal definition of words, as well as how people use and misuse those words. 

For example, the definition you posted includes "prejudice" and "unfair," both of which must be present if someone is biased.  But that's not how people often use "bias."  For example, I believe liberals/progressives are dangerously intolerant and censor opposing viewpoints.  That view is not the result of bias and it's not unfair, because it's an absolute fact.  But you folks will call it biased because it is directed at liberals/progressives. 

I agree people are a product of their environments, but it is possible to expose yourself to varying viewpoints and become a more informed, well rounded person.   

You posted "But you folks will call it biased... " Who are you folks? Saying this is prejudicial and unfair or at least inaccurate because you included folks who you don't know and you guess at what they and I mean, say and do.

Also, when you say, 'expose yourself', am I to take this as meaning me? You don't know what I expose myself to. Why not instead say oneself?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #753 on: January 30, 2023, 07:46:47 PM »
You folks refers to the disproportionate number of you liberals/progressives who are disconnected from reality, don't care about the facts, don't care about the Constitution, etc.

i don't need to be more precise.  i don't care enough.  It's not like I'm on here plagiarizing stuff.   :)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #754 on: January 30, 2023, 07:57:14 PM »

You’re not a stickler for details otherwise you would have at least known who Harmeet Dhillon was….at the least.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #755 on: February 01, 2023, 07:43:13 PM »
You’re not a stickler for details otherwise you would have at least known who Harmeet Dhillon was….at the least.

Touché! You got me this time, Coach. ;D

I could argue that some details are more important than others, but instead I'll give you this one...

Me- 100
You - 1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #756 on: February 13, 2023, 09:37:19 PM »
Former MSNBC Host Says Network Reprimanded Her for Criticizing Hillary Clinton
Twice-failed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on MSNBC
Ben Wilson
February 13, 2023
https://freebeacon.com/media/former-msnbc-host-says-network-reprimanded-her-for-criticizing-hillary-clinton/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #757 on: March 03, 2023, 01:38:18 PM »
Lead prosecutor in Hannah Tubbs case Shea Sanna says George Gascón wants him fired
By Michael Kaplan
February 24, 2023
https://nypost.com/2023/02/24/shea-sanna-says-george-gascon-wants-him-fired/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #758 on: March 08, 2023, 09:38:19 PM »
Dems want to cut Fox off after lawsuit revelations
The icing of Fox News — the ratings-leading network — would include starving the company of advertising dollars and pulling the biggest Democratic stars from the airwaves.
By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO
03/04/2023
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/04/dems-cut-fox-off-lawsuit-revelations-00085469

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #759 on: March 13, 2023, 12:42:24 PM »
https://nypost.com/2023/03/12/the-media-ignore-democrats-in-congress-stepping-on-freedom-of-speech/

This is gross - watch the hearing, the Democrats step on free speech, and even try to bully Matt Taibbi into revealing his sources.  Plus they are rude from the get go.

Oh, and the NYT and Washington Post literally wrote not one word on it.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: March 23, 2023, 02:14:11 PM »
https://nypost.com/2023/03/12/the-media-ignore-democrats-in-congress-stepping-on-freedom-of-speech/

This is gross - watch the hearing, the Democrats step on free speech, and even try to bully Matt Taibbi into revealing his sources.  Plus they are rude from the get go.

Oh, and the NYT and Washington Post literally wrote not one word on it.

I watched a good portion of it.  Absolutely disgusting. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: March 23, 2023, 02:14:22 PM »
Conservative judge abused at Stanford Law School says protesters told him they hoped his daughters would be RAPED, as it's revealed they were angry at him for misgendering transgender pedophile
Fifth Circuit Judge Stuart Kyle Duncan, 51, was asked to give a speech at Stanford, but students and the DEI associate dean interrupted his speech
Associate Dean Tirien Steinbach asked to speak to students after Duncan requested an administrator and then gave a six-minute prepared speech
Stanford leaders later apologized to him, but students have since protested against the apology 
By ALYSSA GUZMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 23 March 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11875781/Judge-abused-Stanford-Law-School-say-protesters-told-hoped-daughters-RAPED.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: March 23, 2023, 02:16:15 PM »
Reporter accuses Karine Jean-Pierre of trying to 'silence' him after removal from WHCA
'I never believed that this could happen to me in the United States,' African reporter Simon Ateba told Tucker Carlson
By Bailee Hill | Fox News
Published March 10, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporter-accuses-karine-jean-pierre-trying-silence-removal-whca

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #763 on: March 29, 2023, 09:45:30 PM »
Washington & Lee Professors Join Students in Seeking to Ban Conservative Speaker
March 28, 2023

Over 600 people have signed on to a petition calling for conservative commentator Matt Walsh to be banned from speaking at Washington and Lee University on March 30. That is hardly surprising given the regular cancel campaign on our campuses. However, what was striking was how many faculty signed the petition, including a number of law professors, despite its anti-free speech sentiments. The petition notably does not even contain the customary homage to free speech before eviscerating its underlying premise. Indeed, free speech is not mentioned even once. Instead, the petition denounces the university for allowing “one-sided platforms for harmful ideologies” to be held on campus. Notably, these faculty do not object to speakers holding opposing views from being one-sided. Indeed, the letter later objects to other speakers who engage in “both-sideism” on panels. The petition also states:

“While W&L’s Facility Use Policy states that allowing an event on campus does not imply endorsement of the views shared at the event, the school cannot escape responsibility for providing a platform for one-sided, non-academic, harmful rhetoric.”

Again, the objection only raises additional questions. Have these faculty members also objected to “non-academic” speakers from the left or insisted that such speakers have opposing views stated at the event? Have they objected to controversial, one-sided speakers from the left?

A couple years ago, Ibram X. Kendi spoke at the university without opposition from these faculty over his one-sided and controversial views. Kendi, the director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University, previously attacked Justice Amy Coney Barrett over her adoption of two Haitian children and suggested that it raised the image of a “white colonizer.” He suggested that the children were little more than props for their mother. In addition to calling for “defunding the police” and limiting free speech, Kendi insists that “the only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination.” Kendi also maintains that “The life of racism cannot be separated from the life of capitalism…In order to truly be antiracist, you also have to truly be anti-capitalist.”

The fact is that I would not oppose Kendi coming to my campus or insist that he should not be allowed to give a “one-sided” presentation. His views are provocative and controversial, but they are precisely the type of diversity of viewpoints that higher education should foster.

Matt Walsh is clearly a lightening rod for controversy and has described himself as a “transphobe.” I disagree with Walsh but many do not. The issue is whether universities should censor such views based on what faculty may consider “harmful.” That is particularly chilling when faculty are applying such a clearly selective standard for those speakers who hold opposing views.

The “speech-as-harmful” rationale is now a virtual mantra on our campuses. This dangerous trend in academia is discussed in my law review article, Jonathan Turley, “Harm and Hegemony: The Decline of Free Speech in the United States”, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy.

The resulting viewpoint intolerance has produced a chilling effect on our campuses that has both faculty and students engaging in self-censorship. The current generation of the faculty and administrators are destroying the diversity of thought that sustains higher education.

This petition to bar any speaker viewed as supporting a “hateful ideology” would only reinforce what has become an academic echo chamber in higher education. Yet, the petition has the support of law professors and other faculty members who openly seek the barring of opposing views while, fittingly, omitting even a reference to free speech.

Below are the faculty in order of their signing. These are only those who listed their academic titles on the petition. They stretch across different disciplines and departments. I have removed the large number of staff members.

Brenna Womer, English Professor

Alan M. Trammell, Law Professor

Chelsea Fisher, Environmental Studies Professor

Avvirin Gray, Professor of English

Michael Berlin, Visiting Assistant Professor of English

Carliss Chatman, Law Professor

Diego Millan, Assistant Professor of English and Africana Studies

Ellen Mayock, Ernest Williams II Professor of Romance Languages

Jessica Wager, Institutional History

Lubabah Chwdhury, Professor of English and Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies

Nneka Dennie, Assistant Professor of History and Africana Studies

Kary Smout, English Professor

Domnica Radulescu, The Edwin A. Morris Professor of Comparative Literature

Jane Harrington, Visiting Assistant Professor of English

Romina Green Rioja, Assistant Professor of Latin American History

Mia Brett, VAP of African American History

Allison Weiss, Law Professor

Joan M. Shaughnessy, Roger D. Groot Professor of Law

Robert T. Danforth, John Lucian Smith, Jr. Memorial Professor of Law

Kristina Roney, Assistant Professor of French

Karen Woody, Law Professor

Beth Staples, English Professor

Mattie Clear, Archivist and Assistant Professor

Alison Bell ‘91, Professor of Anthropology

Keri Gould, Law Professor

Franklin Sammons, VAP History

Zoila Ponce de León, Assistant Professor of Politics

Jon Eastwood, Professor of Sociology

Elizabeth Belmont, Law Professor

Matthew F. Tuchler, Professor of Chemistry

Lesley Wheeler, English Professor

Carla Laroche, Law Professor

Bobby Jones’14 Assistant Professor / Football Coach

Russell Miller, J.B. Stombock Professor of Law

Mikki Brock, Associate Professor of History

Henryatta Ballah- Assistant Professor of History and Africana Studies

Benjamin G. Davis, Visiting Professor of Law

Jill Fraley, Professor of Law

Chris Gavaler, Associate Professor of English

Josh Fairfield, Law Professor

Chris Seaman, Professor of Law

Mary Z. Natkin, ‘85L, Emeritus Professor of Law

Fernando Zapata, Ted DeLaney Postdoctoral Fellow in Philosophy

Molly Michelmore, Professor of History

Stephen P. McCormick, Associate Professor of French and Italian

Erin Ness Associate Professor of Physical Education

Shane Lynch Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities

Margaret Anne Hinkle, Assistant Professor of Earth and Environmental Geoscience

Paul A. Gregory, Professor of Philosophy

Angela Sun, Assistant Professor of Philosophy

Emerson Lynch, Visiting Assistant Professor of Earth & Environmental Geoscience Megan Fulcher, Professor of Cognitive and Behavioral Science

Emily Filler, Assistant Professor in the Study of Judaism

Clover Archer, Director of Staniar Gallery

Heather Kolinsky, Professor of Practice W&L Law

Mohamed Kamara, Professor of Romance Languages and Africana studies

Nathaniel Goldberg, Professor & Chair of Philosophy

Holly Shablack, Assistant Professor of Cognitive and Behavioral Science

Jenefer Davies, Professor of Dance & Chair of Theatre, Dance & Film Studies

Bill Hamilton, Professor and Head of Biology

Fiona Watson, Associate Professor of Biology & Neuroscience

Helen I’Anson Perry Professor of Biology & Research Sciences, Neuroscience

Nadia Ayoub, Professor of Biology

Gregg Whitworth, Associate Professor of Biology

David Bello, Professor of History

Lawrence Hurd, Professor of Biology

Sarah Blythe, Associate Professor of Biology & Neuroscience

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/03/28/washington-lee-professors-join-students-in-seeking-to-ban-conservative-speaker/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: May 24, 2023, 11:42:57 PM »
CNN Host Presses Comey On Why He Failed To “Shut Down” Trump’s Campaign Statements As Hate Speech
April 3, 2019

There was a chilling moment on CNN this week in an interview of former FBI Director James Comey, by CNN’s Christiane Amanpour. In the middle of the interview, Amanpour asked Comey if he had wished the FBI “shut down” President Donald Trump’s “hate speech” during the 2016 presidential election. Next week I will be debating an advocate of such speech codes and the criminalization of hate speech at Rice University. This was a particularly revealing moment as one of the top personalities at CNN pressed the former head of the FBI on why he did not simply shutdown Trump’s speeches as hate speech. Amanpour has been an outspoken critic of Trump but this reflect more of the diminishing European view of free speech.

We have previously discussed the alarming rollback on free speech rights in the West, particularly in France (here and here and here and here and here and here and here) and England ( here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here). There are encroachments appearing in the United States, particularly on college campuses. Notably, the media celebrated the speech of French President Emmanuel Macron before Congress where he called on the United States to follow the model of Europe on hate speech.

Amanpour pressed Comey on why he did not simply send agents to shut up Trump: “Of course, ‘Lock Her Up’ was a feature of the 2016 Trump campaign. Do you in, retrospect, wish that people like yourself, the head of the FBI, the people in charge of law and order had shut down that language, that it was dangerous potentially, that it could have created violence, that it kind of is hate speech? Should that have been allowed?”

While I have been critical of Comey’s conduct during and after his stint as FBI Director, I was not surprised by his immediate and correct statement of the law: “That’s not a role for government to play. The beauty of this country is people can say what they want even if it’s misleading and it’s demagoguery.” Amanpour’s question succeeded in showing not just an unbridled bias against Trump but an unnerving view of free speech. In the United States, we are not “allowed” to speak by the discretion of the government.

It was an embarrassing moment for CNN which has been criticized for his relentless criticism of Trump and the airing of legal experts who spent the last two years assuring viewers that criminal acts by Trump were already well established. What was ironic is that CNN has (correctly) aired criticism of Trump who has called for new legal measures to punish those who voice what he calls “fake news.” At least Trump has been largely calling for civil not criminal penalties. Here was one of CNN top figures treating the criminalization of speech as a discretionary power of the government.

CNN has done nothing to correct the record that Amanpour’s chillingly anti-free speech message was not shared by the network.

The question was a disgrace for any news organization. CNN constantly calls for the protection of the free press with its promotion series “This is an apple.” Yes, that is an apple and Amanpour’s comments are anti-free speech. Perhaps CNN can call that fact for what it is.

https://jonathanturley.org/2019/04/03/cnn-host-presses-comey-on-why-he-failed-to-shut-down-trumps-campaign-statements-as-hate-speech/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #765 on: July 10, 2023, 08:13:56 AM »
Zuckerberg’s Twitter Rival Is Already Censoring People For Questioning Gender Ideology
JASON COHEN
CONTRIBUTOR
July 07, 2023
https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/07/zuckerbergs-twitter-rival-censoring-questioning-gender-ideology/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #766 on: July 10, 2023, 11:02:11 AM »
Zuckerberg’s Twitter Rival Is Already Censoring People For Questioning Gender Ideology
JASON COHEN
CONTRIBUTOR
July 07, 2023
https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/07/zuckerbergs-twitter-rival-censoring-questioning-gender-ideology/

Fucking Nutters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: July 12, 2023, 07:51:09 AM »
Taibbi: Newest Twitter Files Shows Twitter ‘Immediately’ Took Down Accounts FBI Requested Without Investigation Based on False Charges
IAN HANCHETT  12 Jul 2023
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/12/taibbi-newest-twitter-files-shows-twitter-immediately-took-down-accounts-fbi-requested-without-investigation-based-on-false-charges/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #768 on: July 12, 2023, 03:36:18 PM »
They're gone. 

Where Have All The Liberals Gone?
Opening comments to the general public to ask a question, in sincerity: what changed the minds of society's former First Amendment advocates?
MATT TAIBBI
JUL 12, 2023

Yesterday a House Committee — Republican-led, but still — released a series of documents showing without a doubt that the FBI has been forwarding thousands of content moderation “requests” to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube on behalf of the SBU, Ukraine’s Security Agency.

The documents not only contain incontrovertible evidence that our own FBI pressures tech companies to censor material, but that the Bureau is outsourcing such work to a foreign government, in this case Ukraine. This passage below for instance reads “The SBU requested for your review and if appropriate deletion/suspension of these accounts.”

There can’t possibly be controversy at this point as to whether or not this censorship program is going on. Whether it’s the FBI forwarding the SBU asking for the removal of Aaron Maté, or the Global Engagement Center recommending action on the Canadian site GlobalResearch.Ca, or the White House demanding the takedown of figures like Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the same types of behavior have now been captured over and over.

In light of this, I have to ask: where are the rest of the “card-carrying” liberals from the seventies, eighties, and nineties — people like me, who always reflexively opposed restrictions on speech?

Is your argument that private companies can do what they want? Then why did you think otherwise in 1985, when Tipper Gore’s Parents Music Resource Center suggested record companies “voluntarily” label as dirty songs like “Darling Nikki,” and call them McCarthyites when they compiled a list of the “Filthy Fifteen” albums? Does that not sound suspiciously like the “Disinformation Dozen”? Why were you on Frank Zappa’s side then, but with blacklisters now?

Do you now think it’s not really censorship if the FBI merely makes its opinion known about content, and doesn’t order takedowns? Did you think the same when the FBI sent a letter to Priority Records complaining about NWA’s “Fuck the Police”? Did you agree then with the ACLU, whose Southern California chairman responded to the FBI’s letter by saying, “It is completely inappropriate for any government agency to try to influence what artists do. It is completely against the American traditions of free speech”?

Is your belief that new forms of speech constitute “harm” and “offense” to such a degree that censorship is warranted? If so, why did you once support Andres Serrano and his work Piss Christ, which Catholics insisted was an intolerable offense, and call it censorship when opponents like Al D’Amato and Jesse Helms tried to pull funding for Serrano from the National Endowment of the Arts? Wasn’t the Hustler magazine spread suggesting Jerry Falwell had sex with his mother in an outhouse offensive? Didn’t you go to The People Versus Larry Flynt anyway?

If you’re okay with the FBI collaborating on censorship with the SBU now, why oppose the original PATRIOT Act, suggesting you didn’t even want the government looking at library records in search of Islamic terrorists? Why did you support the Dixie Chicks when they were blackballed for antiwar views after the Iraq invasion? Did you cheer them when you watched Shut Up and Sing?

Weren’t those national security issues, too? That wasn’t even that long ago. Is Vladimir Putin that much more of a menace than Al-Qaeda to justify the change in heart?

The change in thinking of traditional American liberals is the only part of this censorship picture that still doesn’t quite compute for me. I’d like to hear from anyone who has an explanation, a personal testimonial, anything. Comments are open to everyone here.

https://www.racket.news/p/where-have-all-the-liberals-gone

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #769 on: July 27, 2023, 08:31:29 PM »
Internal Facebook Emails Reveal White House Pressured Social-Media Platform to Censor Covid ‘Misinformation’
By ARI BLAFF
July 27, 2023
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/internal-facebook-emails-reveal-white-house-pressured-social-media-platform-to-censor-covid-misinformation/

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: July 29, 2023, 10:39:53 AM »

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #771 on: July 30, 2023, 07:06:49 AM »
Washington & Lee Professors Join Students in Seeking to Ban Conservative Speaker
March 28, 2023

Over 600 people have signed on to a petition calling for conservative commentator Matt Walsh to be banned from speaking at Washington and Lee University on March 30. That is hardly surprising given the regular cancel campaign on our campuses. However, what was striking was how many faculty signed the petition, including a number of law professors, despite its anti-free speech sentiments. The petition notably does not even contain the customary homage to free speech before eviscerating its underlying premise. Indeed, free speech is not mentioned even once. Instead, the petition denounces the university for allowing “one-sided platforms for harmful ideologies” to be held on campus. Notably, these faculty do not object to speakers holding opposing views from being one-sided. Indeed, the letter later objects to other speakers who engage in “both-sideism” on panels. The petition also states:

“While W&L’s Facility Use Policy states that allowing an event on campus does not imply endorsement of the views shared at the event, the school cannot escape responsibility for providing a platform for one-sided, non-academic, harmful rhetoric.”

Again, the objection only raises additional questions. Have these faculty members also objected to “non-academic” speakers from the left or insisted that such speakers have opposing views stated at the event? Have they objected to controversial, one-sided speakers from the left?

A couple years ago, Ibram X. Kendi spoke at the university without opposition from these faculty over his one-sided and controversial views. Kendi, the director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University, previously attacked Justice Amy Coney Barrett over her adoption of two Haitian children and suggested that it raised the image of a “white colonizer.” He suggested that the children were little more than props for their mother. In addition to calling for “defunding the police” and limiting free speech, Kendi insists that “the only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination.” Kendi also maintains that “The life of racism cannot be separated from the life of capitalism…In order to truly be antiracist, you also have to truly be anti-capitalist.”

The fact is that I would not oppose Kendi coming to my campus or insist that he should not be allowed to give a “one-sided” presentation. His views are provocative and controversial, but they are precisely the type of diversity of viewpoints that higher education should foster.

Matt Walsh is clearly a lightening rod for controversy and has described himself as a “transphobe.” I disagree with Walsh but many do not. The issue is whether universities should censor such views based on what faculty may consider “harmful.” That is particularly chilling when faculty are applying such a clearly selective standard for those speakers who hold opposing views.

The “speech-as-harmful” rationale is now a virtual mantra on our campuses. This dangerous trend in academia is discussed in my law review article, Jonathan Turley, “Harm and Hegemony: The Decline of Free Speech in the United States”, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy.

The resulting viewpoint intolerance has produced a chilling effect on our campuses that has both faculty and students engaging in self-censorship. The current generation of the faculty and administrators are destroying the diversity of thought that sustains higher education.

This petition to bar any speaker viewed as supporting a “hateful ideology” would only reinforce what has become an academic echo chamber in higher education. Yet, the petition has the support of law professors and other faculty members who openly seek the barring of opposing views while, fittingly, omitting even a reference to free speech.

Below are the faculty in order of their signing. These are only those who listed their academic titles on the petition. They stretch across different disciplines and departments. I have removed the large number of staff members.

Brenna Womer, English Professor

Alan M. Trammell, Law Professor

Chelsea Fisher, Environmental Studies Professor

Avvirin Gray, Professor of English

Michael Berlin, Visiting Assistant Professor of English

Carliss Chatman, Law Professor

Diego Millan, Assistant Professor of English and Africana Studies

Ellen Mayock, Ernest Williams II Professor of Romance Languages

Jessica Wager, Institutional History

Lubabah Chwdhury, Professor of English and Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies

Nneka Dennie, Assistant Professor of History and Africana Studies

Kary Smout, English Professor

Domnica Radulescu, The Edwin A. Morris Professor of Comparative Literature

Jane Harrington, Visiting Assistant Professor of English

Romina Green Rioja, Assistant Professor of Latin American History

Mia Brett, VAP of African American History

Allison Weiss, Law Professor

Joan M. Shaughnessy, Roger D. Groot Professor of Law

Robert T. Danforth, John Lucian Smith, Jr. Memorial Professor of Law

Kristina Roney, Assistant Professor of French

Karen Woody, Law Professor

Beth Staples, English Professor

Mattie Clear, Archivist and Assistant Professor

Alison Bell ‘91, Professor of Anthropology

Keri Gould, Law Professor

Franklin Sammons, VAP History

Zoila Ponce de León, Assistant Professor of Politics

Jon Eastwood, Professor of Sociology

Elizabeth Belmont, Law Professor

Matthew F. Tuchler, Professor of Chemistry

Lesley Wheeler, English Professor

Carla Laroche, Law Professor

Bobby Jones’14 Assistant Professor / Football Coach

Russell Miller, J.B. Stombock Professor of Law

Mikki Brock, Associate Professor of History

Henryatta Ballah- Assistant Professor of History and Africana Studies

Benjamin G. Davis, Visiting Professor of Law

Jill Fraley, Professor of Law

Chris Gavaler, Associate Professor of English

Josh Fairfield, Law Professor

Chris Seaman, Professor of Law

Mary Z. Natkin, ‘85L, Emeritus Professor of Law

Fernando Zapata, Ted DeLaney Postdoctoral Fellow in Philosophy

Molly Michelmore, Professor of History

Stephen P. McCormick, Associate Professor of French and Italian

Erin Ness Associate Professor of Physical Education

Shane Lynch Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities

Margaret Anne Hinkle, Assistant Professor of Earth and Environmental Geoscience

Paul A. Gregory, Professor of Philosophy

Angela Sun, Assistant Professor of Philosophy

Emerson Lynch, Visiting Assistant Professor of Earth & Environmental Geoscience Megan Fulcher, Professor of Cognitive and Behavioral Science

Emily Filler, Assistant Professor in the Study of Judaism

Clover Archer, Director of Staniar Gallery

Heather Kolinsky, Professor of Practice W&L Law

Mohamed Kamara, Professor of Romance Languages and Africana studies

Nathaniel Goldberg, Professor & Chair of Philosophy

Holly Shablack, Assistant Professor of Cognitive and Behavioral Science

Jenefer Davies, Professor of Dance & Chair of Theatre, Dance & Film Studies

Bill Hamilton, Professor and Head of Biology

Fiona Watson, Associate Professor of Biology & Neuroscience

Helen I’Anson Perry Professor of Biology & Research Sciences, Neuroscience

Nadia Ayoub, Professor of Biology

Gregg Whitworth, Associate Professor of Biology

David Bello, Professor of History

Lawrence Hurd, Professor of Biology

Sarah Blythe, Associate Professor of Biology & Neuroscience

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/03/28/washington-lee-professors-join-students-in-seeking-to-ban-conservative-speaker/

What is it these Libturds are so very scared of hearing.
Bunch of Fucked up pansies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #772 on: July 31, 2023, 05:59:58 AM »
What is it these Libturds are so very scared of hearing.
Bunch of Fucked up pansies.

Liberals are usually weak beta types.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #773 on: July 31, 2023, 10:35:07 AM »
WSJ: Facebook ‘Demoted’ Video of Tucker Carlson by 50% at the Demand of Biden White House
LUCAS NOLAN  28 Jul 2023
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/07/28/wsj-facebook-demoted-video-of-tucker-carlson-by-50-at-the-demand-of-biden-white-house/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #774 on: August 01, 2023, 05:34:50 AM »