Author Topic: Maximizing Test levels as a natty... let's chat!  (Read 14690 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Maximizing Test levels as a natty... let's chat!
« on: May 20, 2010, 07:43:16 AM »
As a natural bodybuilder, we are always confronted with an uphill battle in gaining muscle.  Let's discuss ways to keep test at it's highest..

limiting carbs for about 2 hours prior to bed to NOT hamper gh release.
Eating some red meat a few times a week
Supplementing with zinc/zma
Getting 8 full hours of sleep a night.

What else nattys?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Maximizing Test levels as a natty... let's chat!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »
This is one of my favorite topics, and I’ve discussed it in great detail several times on the Nutrition board.
The various ways of naturally boosting your body’s anabolic hormone levels primarily produce miniscule results by themselves, but if you employ enough of them, many little things lead to big things.

You’ve listed some good practices above.
I will simply add a bit to them.

limiting carbs for about 2 hours prior to bed to NOT hamper gh release.
Also avoid excessive fats before bed. Studies indicate that hGH secretion is greatest in an environment of low carbs, low fatty acids, and high amino acids.
I prefer to take either some BCAA’s and/or desiccated liver tablets just prior to bed.
You can also elevate growth hormone secretions by using higher rep schemes with shorter rest periods during your training.

Eating some red meat a few times a week
Do not underestimate the value of healthy fats - especially when cutting. Your gonadotropic hormones (testosterone) are cholesterol derivatives. Increasing healthy fats will have a positive effect on your sex hormone levels. Think egg yolks, red meat, olive oil, fish oil, CLA, etc.

Supplementing with zinc/zma
Many people believe they are getting sufficient levels of zinc through their food & multi-vitamin. However, don’t forget that intense training depletes those levels. Zinc is an excellent anti-aromatase, as is broccoli, spinach, and brussel sprouts.
According to Charles Poliquin, he tests every one of his athletes for zinc deficiencies, and almost every single one is deficient.

Getting 8 full hours of sleep a night.
Quality sleep is crucial for optimal hGH output. There are thousands of articles on improving sleep architecture - many of which, say the same things - so I won’t bother listing them here. It’s an easy Google search.

These are very brief outlines of effective principles.
A little searching will reveal greater details for those who are interested and put in the time.

I believe that through exercise and dietary manipulation, you can aid your anabolic hormone levels just as - or more - effectively as many OTC supplements that claim to work miracles.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:44 AM »
Youre so right about adding all the little things up to actually make a difference.

I'm taking it you're a natural trainer too?

BTW, interesting bit on limiting fats prior to sleep.  I thought you should eat some healthy fats prior to bed.  My usual pre bedtime meal is 40 grams of casein and an avocado. 

To put it bluntly, i've noticed that the less i eat at night before bed, the better the "morning wood" is.  This must be better gh release.  Just a though.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »
Testosterone levels contribute to erections more than hGH.
Early wakeup hard-ons can act as a good measuring stick (no pun intended) to gauge a man’s test levels.

Casein is a preferred/recommended choice of nighttime feeding for many knowledgable people, and you're probably not doing any significant damage with it.
Most literature in bb magazines, etc. focus more on the “no carbs” idea for increasing hGH output.
The low fatty acids rule is from anatomy & physiology textbooks and professors.
All of them agree on the high amino intake, though.

I’m a firm believer that healthy dietary fats carry much more benefit over carbs for body composition.
Of course, I’m not referring to the transfats found in KFC & Oreo cookies, but rather the sources mentioned in my above post.
One other thing is to monitor your overall carb intake.
If you’re going to up your fats, you’ll almost certainly need to reduce your carbs and/or increase aerobic activity, lest you get fat.
Even too many “good” carbs on a high fat diet can lead to fat gains.

Everybody processes carbs a little differently.
If you’re one of the blessed few who can handle a fair amount, then fu*k you enjoy it!
Just figure out where you stand.

Occasionally, you may want to switch diet modes and - for instance - try a high carb/low fat diet for a while.
You may like it for something different, or you might find it's better.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »
Great posts Montague.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »
Thanks.
I'm here all week.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 09:41:06 PM »
Maybe a keto diet. I was on it and got much larger boners while on keto, maybe due to increased testosterone?