Author Topic: Tell me about overtraining as a natural  (Read 36089 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Tell me about overtraining as a natural
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 08:12:03 AM »
fair enough man, and thanks for the "non-emotional" post

peeps here seem to take some of these things way too personal on this site, but it ain't that serious

and you're right, i'm a very hard-headed and stubborn individual and Mentzer didn't nickname me The Wild Horse for nothing ;D

and it's good you mention this eating part, coz in my experience one does need to consume an excess of calories to make decent and proper gains, and if you don't eat enough you don't grow enough, so that is a very important point actually

AJ was wrong when he claimed that an excess of cals were/are not required to induce proper muscle growth

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 08:33:20 AM »
i don't know what he does other than what exercises he mention's,db squat,db row.dj what do u do bodypart breakdown ?

i only do 5 exercises

my Big 3 plus 2 "extras"

here's the 5 lifts which i do

1. db row

2. weighted push-up with feet on bed and one hand on each chair for a deep full-range push-up

3. db squat with one heavy bell btw my legs, legs spread about 30 inches apart (now i'm using 135 pound on this bell, bell i was only using 115 pounds a few days ago ;) so now i'll have top buy 20 kg plates soon)

4. one-leg calf raise (which i only do coz my girl said that my calves are atrocious lol and i do these while gritting my teeth coz i fucking hate being told what to do and i hate this goddamn exercise, so i can imagine that her and i are gonna have a fight about this sometime soon ;D)

5. weighted crunch while holding db plates overhead, but angled back at a 45 degree angle from my head

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 02:42:32 PM »
fair enough man, and thanks for the "non-emotional" post

peeps here seem to take some of these things way too personal on this site, but it ain't that serious

and you're right, i'm a very hard-headed and stubborn individual and Mentzer didn't nickname me The Wild Horse for nothing ;D

and it's good you mention this eating part, coz in my experience one does need to consume an excess of calories to make decent and proper gains, and if you don't eat enough you don't grow enough, so that is a very important point actually

AJ was wrong when he claimed that an excess of cals were/are not required to induce proper muscle growth

I have absolutely nothing against you.

I'm training somewhat like you train recently and I'm loving it. It was time for a change. If I went by what other people say around here about you I wouldn't even talk to you. But I keep an open mind...think I can learn from many guys on here. Its not like irl here dj where most people are clueless...we speak based on experience and things that actually work for us/people we know.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
I have absolutely nothing against you.

I'm training somewhat like you train recently and I'm loving it. It was time for a change. If I went by what other people say around here about you I wouldn't even talk to you. But I keep an open mind...think I can learn from many guys on here. Its not like irl here dj where most people are clueless...we speak based on experience and things that actually work for us/people we know.

i hear ya man, but just to let you know...

i was trained by JM Blakely he's the guy the JM Press is named after and i was also trained by Bob Lorimer

Bob Lorimer is the son of Jim Lorimer who was Arnold's best man and he is/was the man in charge of the Arnold Classic, and Bob knows King Arnold rather well let's say ;)

so let's say that i got some experience myself :)

my gig is that i try to find what works best for me, and that's that

here's JM

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »

i was trained by JM Blakely he's the guy the JM Press is named after and i was also trained by Bob Lorimer

Bob Lorimer is the son of Jim Lorimer who was Arnold's best man and he is/was the man in charge of the Arnold Classic, and Bob knows King Arnold rather well let's say ;)

here's JM

See that's the thing dj...no one cares about stuff like that. I Have absolutely no clue who that guy is and it definitely does not give you some sort of advantage physique wise.

You get a lot of abuse on here and its becoming apparent to me why that is. But like I said...I have nothing against you...I'm the type of guy who always cheers for the bad guy or the underdog in a movie. I'm still trying to find out which one you are exactly.....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
i was trained by JM Blakely he's the guy the JM Press is named after...

The JM press has proven to be a terrific movement for me, personally. It's worth learning them the way Jim Blakely does them as opposed to the form demonstrated by other lifters like Dave Tate, etc. There is a video on YouTube featuring Jim giving a very detailed explanation followed by a performance of the execution.

I was astonished by not only the amount of weight I could handle, but also the comfort of my elbows, which have bothered me from time to time; never from this, though it may have contributed to a bit of pain in my left wrist.
Regardless, I can honestly say that my upper arms have gained noticeable thickness, and my pressing power has improved at a faster rate than it has any time recently.

While Jim naturally recommends his version, he admits that other trainers have experienced good results with variations. Larry Scott most notably used a version in lieu of traditional skull-crushers. Obviously, Scott's predates Blakely's - I'm merely pointing out the comparison.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »

The JM press has proven to be a terrific movement for me, personally. It's worth learning them the way Jim Blakely does them as opposed to the form demonstrated by other lifters like Dave Tate, etc. There is a video on YouTube featuring Jim giving a very detailed explanation followed by a performance of the execution.

I was astonished by not only the amount of weight I could handle, but also the comfort of my elbows, which have bothered me from time to time; never from this, though it may have contributed to a bit of pain in my left wrist.
Regardless, I can honestly say that my upper arms have gained noticeable thickness, and my pressing power has improved at a faster rate than it has any time recently.

While Jim naturally recommends his version, he admits that other trainers have experienced good results with variations. Larry Scott most notably used a version in lieu of traditional skull-crushers. Obviously, Scott's predates Blakely's - I'm merely pointing out the comparison.

good points man

he basically says that it's a cross btw a skull-crusher and a close-grip bench press

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 05:21:36 PM »
good points man

he basically says that it's a cross btw a skull-crusher and a close-grip bench press

Yes, and keep the elbows up and allow the forearms to essentially "fold" onto the biceps. Most guys drop the elbows, with them ultimately pointing at their feet.
I was thoroughly impressed with the effectiveness and efficiency of Blakely's explanation.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »

here's JM

16 meet in one year, 4 weight classes, good god.

a good cover for a topic about overtraining and natural.

asstropin

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »
It can be a mind fuck being natural. I've been slowly dieting and upping my cardio to get ready for the summer but I swear I'm getting more flat. My abs are threatening to come out but I'm probably about 2-3 weeks away with hard dieting and cardio. 2-3 months before I've got a proper lean look. Took a pic this afternoon before gym and might post it up in a bit and regret it to my dying day  :D