Author Topic: Niners  (Read 144059 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Niners
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2022, 01:42:54 AM »
They have actually been very respectful and treated him very well.  Neither Lynch nor Shanahan has ever dissed him.  They have only said great things about him.  They were also very clear that the only reason they drafted Trey Lance is that Jimmy G cannot stay healthy, which he proved again last week.
Actions speak louder than words. Starting Lance over him and constantly looking for a trade is a silent diss.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2022, 10:07:31 AM »
Actions speak louder than words. Starting Lance over him and constantly looking for a trade is a silent diss.

They were very open about why they were trying to upgrade.  It was exclusively about him being injury prone:

For a team that rightfully believed it was in a Super Bowl window, the idea of losing another season because of below-average quarterback play was no longer tolerable. Garoppolo missed 13 games with a torn ACL in his left knee in 2018 and 10 more in 2020 because of ankle injuries. In 2021, he missed two games, one with a torn ligament in his right thumb and another with a calf issue.

"We've had Jimmy here for five years and he's got to play in two of those seasons fully," coach Kyle Shanahan said. "And before this year, it was only one out of four years, and that was our big worry going into it, that we could not go into another year where he didn't make it through."

https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/40570/with-the-jimmy-garoppolo-san-francisco-49ers-hourglass-nearly-out-of-sand-whats-next

So now they have had him six years and has been fully healthy for two of them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: December 19, 2022, 11:42:08 PM »
Now the hottest team in the league with a seven game winning streak.  Best defense in the league, with Kinlaw coming back soon.  Purdy has been outstanding.  Feeling pretty good. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2022, 02:14:12 PM »
Eight game winning streak.  Elijah Mitchell may be back next week.  Deebo is on track to be back by end of the season. 

If Jalen Hurts is out I think the Niners are the clear favorite in the NFC.  If he’s healthy it will be a great matchup.  Assuming they both make it to the NFC Championship.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2022, 01:09:00 AM »
Eight game winning streak.  Elijah Mitchell may be back next week.  Deebo is on track to be back by end of the season. 

If Jalen Hurts is out I think the Niners are the clear favorite in the NFC.  If he’s healthy it will be a great matchup.  Assuming they both make it to the NFC Championship.
Hurts will be back but the Niners are still the best NFC team right now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2023, 11:40:41 AM »
Hurts will be back but the Niners are still the best NFC team right now.

I agree.  If they stay healthy. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2023, 01:08:13 AM »
I agree.  If they stay healthy.
I don't think the Eagles or Vikings scare anyone especially if Hurts' injury is worse than they are admitting. If he doesn't play this week it's going to be very difficult for him to just flip a switch and turn it on after that long of a layoff.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: January 09, 2023, 01:20:28 PM »
I don't think the Eagles or Vikings scare anyone especially if Hurts' injury is worse than they are admitting. If he doesn't play this week it's going to be very difficult for him to just flip a switch and turn it on after that long of a layoff.

I want to say I'm not worried about the Vikings, but like they say:  "any given Sunday."  But the Niners are clearly entering the playoffs as the hottest and best overall team in the NFL.  They just need to execute.  And stay healthy. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: January 10, 2023, 03:15:01 AM »
I want to say I'm not worried about the Vikings, but like they say:  "any given Sunday."  But the Niners are clearly entering the playoffs as the hottest and best overall team in the NFL.  They just need to execute.  And stay healthy.
Yep, the playoffs are a crapshoot. A weird turnover or freak play can sink anybody.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #334 on: January 10, 2023, 04:16:15 AM »
Brock Purdy looks great.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2023, 12:26:36 AM »
Brock Purdy looks great.
We'll see if he can sustain it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #336 on: January 16, 2023, 07:41:07 AM »
Good showings by the 9ers and GMen this past Sunday.

SF / KC should be in the bowl.
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #337 on: January 16, 2023, 02:08:21 PM »
Saturday and Sunday were as good a two day football span as I can remember. Games just got better and better. I hope tonight's game is good too. In a perfect world they would tie and both be eliminated. 😃

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2023, 12:51:05 AM »
Saturday and Sunday were as good a two day football span as I can remember. Games just got better and better. I hope tonight's game is good too. In a perfect world they would tie and both be eliminated. 😃
It was an amazing weekend of football. Most of these games are coin flips.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2023, 08:44:18 AM »
I am the world's biggest Cowboy hater and a lifelong Niner fan, so Sunday is really important for my overall health and wellbeing.   :)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2023, 12:56:34 AM »
I am the world's biggest Cowboy hater and a lifelong Niner fan, so Sunday is really important for my overall health and wellbeing.   :)
Should be a great game.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: January 24, 2023, 05:26:54 PM »
Should be a great game.

I want to say it was a great game, but I hate close games.  I'd rather my team win or lose by a blowout.  And beating the Dallas Cowboys is almost as good as winning the Super Bowl.   :)

But great win.  Sunday will be lit.  Philly is a good team. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2023, 01:09:39 AM »
I want to say it was a great game, but I hate close games.  I'd rather my team win or lose by a blowout.  And beating the Dallas Cowboys is almost as good as winning the Super Bowl.   :)

But great win.  Sunday will be lit.  Philly is a good team.
I know. Close games stress me out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: January 30, 2023, 09:15:50 PM »
The Niners were a healthy QB away from contending.  No team can win with a fourth string QB, who then gets hurt leaving them literally with no QB.  One of the craziest things I've ever seen. 

Now time to watch my Lakers go down in flames and get ready for next year. 

I think they will contend next year.  Really interested to see a healthy Trey Lance and a full season of McCaffrey can do in that offense.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: January 31, 2023, 01:19:09 AM »
The Niners were a healthy QB away from contending.  No team can win with a fourth string QB, who then gets hurt leaving them literally with no QB.  One of the craziest things I've ever seen. 

Now time to watch my Lakers go down in flames and get ready for next year. 

I think they will contend next year.  Really interested to see a healthy Trey Lance and a full season of McCaffrey can do in that offense.
All of these NFL teams are running on fumes by the playoffs with backup QB's, makeshift OLines, corners and safeties signed at the end of the season, etc. The fact that the NFL is looking at expanding to a 18 game regular season is ridiculous. They should be going the other way.

A 14 game schedule with 6 division games, 4 opponents from the conference and 4 opponents from the opposite conference (1 division as done now) would eliminate this problem and see healthier teams in the playoffs. This of course will never happen because the owners will never give up the money of those extra games.

The current players are bigger, stronger and faster than ever before yet are expected to go almost twice as long as in the past with the playoffs always expanding as well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: September 08, 2023, 08:40:31 PM »
Another year, another Super Bowl-caliber team.  If they can stay healthy.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #346 on: September 08, 2023, 10:09:46 PM »
All of these NFL teams are running on fumes by the playoffs with backup QB's, makeshift OLines, corners and safeties signed at the end of the season, etc. The current players are bigger, stronger and faster than ever before yet are expected to go almost twice as long as in the past with the playoffs always expanding as well.
At least maybe allow more players on roster? Or at least more fluidity in dropping and lifting players from active roster to practice squad, injury list etc.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: September 09, 2023, 01:42:43 AM »
At least maybe allow more players on roster? Or at least more fluidity in dropping and lifting players from active roster to practice squad, injury list etc.
They have expanded the practice squad which is a start.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #348 on: September 23, 2023, 03:17:49 AM »
Damn!
Niners look like a juggernaut.
Not much better place for a new QB than what Purdy had last year and now even better.
Was kind of curious could he continue from where he left but seems fine.

With all that $77.000 guaranteed 🙌😊

One thing with CMC. He slices, dices and drives head first. Great.
But I get chills when he starts to squirm out of defender holding his leg or something like that…
Just go down if you limb is caught!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2023, 12:25:39 AM »
Damn!
Niners look like a juggernaut.
Not much better place for a new QB than what Purdy had last year and now even better.
Was kind of curious could he continue from where he left but seems fine.

With all that $77.000 guaranteed 🙌😊

One thing with CMC. He slices, dices and drives head first. Great.
But I get chills when he starts to squirm out of defender holding his leg or something like that…
Just go down if you limb is caught!
It will all come down to injuries like it always does. Lots of luck is needed to win it all.