Author Topic: IroNat  (Read 292526 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: IroNat
« Reply #1500 on: December 23, 2022, 07:07:26 AM »

12/23/22

Front squats - 3x6 superset Wide lat pulldowns - 3x12-15
Leg curls - 3x10-15
Bench press - 3x10-12 superset Db rows - 3x10-12
Seated behind neck press - 3x15
Db shrugs - 3x15
Seated calf raise - 3x45 sec isometric
3-way db curl - 1x30

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1501 on: December 23, 2022, 01:28:10 PM »
I was given the okay to begin training earlier this week.  My son had already put together a new adjustable bench and small home gym Smith machine for  me and we also have a small DB rack but all the DBs are way too heavy for me to use so it will at  least get them off the floor and out of my clumsy way.  They go from 65lbs to 95lbs.   

I also have a plate loaded stand alone lat pulldown/tricep pressdown machine. Earlier in October he put down some interlocking rubber mats in the area I use for the gym which at first upset my wife but now she thinks it looks okay.  I got some blood work done and I am still quite anemic so I am waiting to see if I am to be allowed to eat red meat again but for now I was told to take one iron table daily.

I have done three sessions this week each lasting about 15 to 50 or so minutes depending upon how I am feeling.  They are basic. 

I have done Smith Machine bench press with 30 to 50 pounds on the bar for three sets of 10  to 20 reps.  DB flys with DBs of 15lbs for 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.

Smith Machine rows with 30 to 50 pounds for 5 to 15 reps of 3 sets and lat pulldowns for 3 sets with 50 lbs for 10 to 15 reps.

For shoulders I did 5 sets of 10 to 15 reps with 10lb DBs followed by Smith machine seated shoulder press with 20 lbs for 3 sets of 5 reps which to  be honest nearly killed me.

Bicep/Tricep I did supersets for 5 sets of Barbell curls with 20bls and tricep pressdowns with 25lbs for 
3 supersets of 10 to 15 reps.  I need a few minutes rest in  between sets as my pulse rate sometimes worries me and I can get dizzy enough to fall which I already did do right into the Smith machine, LOL!  Prior to the clot shot and my heart being fried I had no problems really but now I prefer to be very careful.  That is it.  I did try to do a Smith Machine squat with my one leg but I could not do it and had to just sit down where I put the safty stops even with just 40lbs on the bar.  This from a guy that liked the squat more than any other exercise, LOL! 

Very funny and at the same time frustrating.  I have read Nat's posts to keep me going and have tried to impart to bhanky that he really needs to STFU with the asshole attitude and everyone will gradually come to accept him again like when he first entered that contest.  I don't know if he is serious or not. I am having trouble with my mind lately and will undergo some sort of testing.  Memory gets stupid so if I already told you this about the new gym setup I apologize.

My daughter came here and helped me with this post so I hope it looks okay and I got to see her little ones!  That's it.  Thanks Nat!

I  forgot to say I wrote this down in a booklet so I would know what I did.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1502 on: December 24, 2022, 04:17:50 AM »
I was given the okay to begin training earlier this week.  My son had already put together a new adjustable bench and small home gym Smith machine for  me and we also have a small DB rack but all the DBs are way too heavy for me to use so it will at  least get them off the floor and out of my clumsy way.  They go from 65lbs to 95lbs.   

I also have a plate loaded stand alone lat pulldown/tricep pressdown machine. Earlier in October he put down some interlocking rubber mats in the area I use for the gym which at first upset my wife but now she thinks it looks okay.  I got some blood work done and I am still quite anemic so I am waiting to see if I am to be allowed to eat red meat again but for now I was told to take one iron table daily.

I have done three sessions this week each lasting about 15 to 50 or so minutes depending upon how I am feeling.  They are basic. 

I have done Smith Machine bench press with 30 to 50 pounds on the bar for three sets of 10  to 20 reps.  DB flys with DBs of 15lbs for 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.

Smith Machine rows with 30 to 50 pounds for 5 to 15 reps of 3 sets and lat pulldowns for 3 sets with 50 lbs for 10 to 15 reps.

For shoulders I did 5 sets of 10 to 15 reps with 10lb DBs followed by Smith machine seated shoulder press with 20 lbs for 3 sets of 5 reps which to  be honest nearly killed me.

Bicep/Tricep I did supersets for 5 sets of Barbell curls with 20bls and tricep pressdowns with 25lbs for 
3 supersets of 10 to 15 reps.  I need a few minutes rest in  between sets as my pulse rate sometimes worries me and I can get dizzy enough to fall which I already did do right into the Smith machine, LOL!  Prior to the clot shot and my heart being fried I had no problems really but now I prefer to be very careful.  That is it.  I did try to do a Smith Machine squat with my one leg but I could not do it and had to just sit down where I put the safty stops even with just 40lbs on the bar.  This from a guy that liked the squat more than any other exercise, LOL! 

Very funny and at the same time frustrating.  I have read Nat's posts to keep me going and have tried to impart to bhanky that he really needs to STFU with the asshole attitude and everyone will gradually come to accept him again like when he first entered that contest.  I don't know if he is serious or not. I am having trouble with my mind lately and will undergo some sort of testing.  Memory gets stupid so if I already told you this about the new gym setup I apologize.

My daughter came here and helped me with this post so I hope it looks okay and I got to see her little ones!  That's it.  Thanks Nat!

Sounds really good, Scott.  You have a nice setup.

Ease back into it gradually.  Your condition will improve over months.  No need to rush.

Basic moves are the best.

Why no eating red meat?  Because of cholesterol?

Here's an isometric you might try for your quads:

Sit on a bench and push your leg into the floor like you are trying to stand on one leg.  Hold for 6 seconds.  Do not hold your breath!

One rep is enough to increase strength.  Over time you will find your intensity increasing.  You can go up to 3 reps after a few weeks but it's not necessary for strength gains.  One rep is enough.

Remember:  Do not hold your breath!  Breathe naturally during the hold.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1503 on: December 24, 2022, 06:59:48 AM »
Sounds really good, Scott.  You have a nice setup.

Ease back into it gradually.  Your condition will improve over months.  No need to rush.

Basic moves are the best.

Why no eating red meat?  Because of cholesterol?

Here's an isometric you might try for your quads:

Sit on a bench and push your leg into the floor like you are trying to stand on one leg.  Hold for 6 seconds.  Do not hold your breath!

One rep is enough to increase strength.  Over time you will find your intensity increasing.  You can go up to 3 reps after a few weeks but it's not necessary for strength gains.  One rep is enough.

Remember:  Do not hold your breath!  Breathe naturally during the hold.

Hi Nat!  Thank you for the compliment on my little gym!  I was told not to eat read meat after the heart attacks as they were just concerned with cholesterol of which I have never had a problem except for a low measurement on whatever "good" cholesterol is, LOL!

I will do the isometric exercises for my leg today and I appreciate the information and recommendation very much! They tested my hormone levels again and they are pathetic but again they are concerned with thickening of my blood even though I am on thinners.   

I was going to join a gym but I was too embarrassed so my son helped me with my setup in our garage.  It works well enough.  I also have two sets of those adjustable DBs, one set is 5lbs to 25lbs and the other is 22lbs to 55lbs.  My wife told me to get rid of the heavier DBs as she said I will NEVER use those again.  I look at them as a bit of a challenge although I might only be able to do shrugs with them and no more DB chest flys with that kind of weight.  Dammit! ;D

I get upset with the dietary and caloric intake restrictions  and every month or two I eat a somewhat large meal as in one or two XL Round Table chicken/garlic pizzas or a 14 piece bucket of KFC extra crispy.  I tell the Doctors I did it and they just look at me and say, "Ooookaaaay"...  I rode my Sportster about 9 miles a couple of weeks ago and didn't drop it once!  It's the little stuff right now and I understand the physicians mean well and so I pretty much obey their guideliness.  I am just glad to be able to exercise a little now.  I will take my time and just use high reps.  It took me about ten years to go from 135 for 20 reps on the squat to 535 for 20 reps so I am patient. ;D 

I have well over a thousand pounds of standard 1 inch plates and have looked at some home gym equipment but most use Oly plates and so when we saw the Smith machine with a 1 inch bar we got it!  My son uses the gym and I have told my son-in-law he is welcome to use it too. 

Between you, Wes, Prime ;D and a couple others here I have more than enough inspiration and so I am thankful for that!  My son is here "grading" my writing... ;D    Thanks again!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1504 on: December 24, 2022, 07:45:57 AM »
You have a Harley Sportster?  Very cool.

My brother is a big Harley nut.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1505 on: December 24, 2022, 08:11:23 AM »

Thats some excellent news Scott 👍🏻 😊

You're back doing some training , you'll have to try & moderate your enthusiasm
So as you don't overwhelm your recovery system .
You muscle will respond & muscle memory kick in.

I'm really pleased for you

All the best

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1506 on: December 24, 2022, 09:09:40 AM »

Thats some excellent news Scott 👍🏻 😊

You're back doing some training , you'll have to try & moderate your enthusiasm
So as you don't overwhelm your recovery system .
You muscle will respond & muscle memory kick in.

I'm really pleased for you

All the best

I will be very careful!  Thanks brother, I very much appreciate it!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1507 on: December 26, 2022, 10:19:29 AM »
12/26/22

Front squats - 3x6 superset Wide lat pulldowns - 3x15-20
Leg curls - 3x8-12
Bench press - 5,5,3  superset Double db rows - 3x10-12
Seated behind neck press - 3x20
Db shrugs - 3x15
Hammer curl - 1x50
1 leg calf raise - 3 sets max reps

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1508 on: December 28, 2022, 07:39:02 AM »
12/28/22

Bench press - 5,5,3,15
Double db rows - 3x10-15
Behind neck press - 20,20,22
Wide lat pulldown - 3x12-15
Db shrugs - 3x12-15
Barbell deadlift - 1x15
Seated calf - 3x45sec isometrics
Plate pinches

Music :

Nebula - To The Center
Essential Ozzie Osbourne - Side 1

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1509 on: December 30, 2022, 07:07:27 AM »
12/30/22

Bench press - 15,12,9
Double db rows - 3x10-15
Behind neck press - 18,15,15
Db shrugs - 3x12-15
Barbell deadlift - 1x15
1 leg calf raise - 3xmaxreps
Hammer curls - 3x25
Plate pinch isometric
Gripper isometric

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1510 on: January 02, 2023, 08:02:29 AM »
1/2/23

Barbell squat - 3x10
Leg curl - 3x12
Leg extension - 3x15-20
Side leg lift - 3x20
Wide lat pulldown - 3x15
Bench press - 15,12,12
Double db rows - 3x12-15
Behind neck press - 16,12,8
Barbell deadlift - 1x15
Seated calf raise - 3xmaxreps
Plate pinch isometric

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1511 on: January 04, 2023, 06:27:24 AM »
1/4/23

Bench press - 4x5
Wide lat pulldown - 4x12-15
Behind neck press - 15,15,12
Double db rows - 3x12-15
Db shrugs - 3x15-20
Barbell deadlift - 1x15
Hammer curls - 3x25

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1512 on: January 06, 2023, 06:30:08 AM »
1/6/23

Bench press - 5,5,4,13
Double db rows - 3x12-15
Behind neck press - 12,10,10
Wide lat pulldown - 3x15
Db shrugs - 3x15-20
Bent over cable tricep extension - 3x12-15
Hammer curls - 3x20

Resting legs because of illiotibial band tendonitis in left leg.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1513 on: January 06, 2023, 08:58:49 AM »
Looks good, Nat!  I am going to exercise later today and do back/chest.  Yesterday I did some shoulder and arm training.   Thanks!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1514 on: January 06, 2023, 11:13:27 AM »
Looks good, Nat!  I am going to exercise later today and do back/chest.  Yesterday I did some shoulder and arm training.   Thanks!

"Long journey begin with first peach cobbler." - Tao of Bhanky

:D

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1515 on: January 06, 2023, 11:40:01 AM »
"Long journey begin with first peach cobbler." - Tao of Bhanky

:D

LOLOL!  Thanks, brother..."Tao of Bhanky".   ;D ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1516 on: January 09, 2023, 06:50:09 AM »
1/9/23

Squat - 1x5
Leg curls - 3x12-15
Leg extensions - 3x20
Bench press - 5,5,4,12
Behind neck press - 15,12,10
Double db rows - 3x12
Db shrugs - 3x12-15
1 leg calf raise - 1xmaxreps
Hammer curls - 3x20
Plate pinch isometric

Bent over cable tricep extension

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1517 on: January 11, 2023, 07:03:15 AM »
1/11/23

Tri-set:
Squat - 3x20 bodyweight
Leg curls - 3x12-15
Leg extensions - 3x20

Seated calf raise - 1xmaxreps

Superset:
Bench press - 5,5,7,12
Barbell rows - 3x12

Superset:
Behind neck press - 15,12,12

Db shrugs - 3x12-15

Superset:
Zottman curls - 3x20

Plate pinch isometric
Ab wheel

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1518 on: January 13, 2023, 05:52:04 AM »
1/13/23

Superset:
Behind neck press - 12,12,8
Wide lat pulldown - 15,15,12

Superset:
Bench press - 8,8,8
Barbell row - 12,12,12

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1519 on: January 14, 2023, 10:16:59 AM »
Good stuff, Nat!

Yesterday I did 5 sets of DB laterals with 10lb DBs. and then used the Smith for (trying!) shoulder press.  I had 10 pounds on it.  Right now its mostly trying to get range of motion again but I don't really think I can do much more than 30lbs on the bar.  I cannot use a free bar as the RoM ain't there now.  The Smith allows me to just "push" and while that is a far cry from real pressing it's better than nothing for me, LOL!

Close grip bench for triceps with 40lbs supersetted with rope tricep pressdowns with 20lbs and I did 10 reps each set.  After that I did BB curls with a straight bar for 5 sets of 10 with 10lbs.  That was it.  Today I rest.  I ate some pizza last night so I will have to let the doctors know that.  ;D  I got my heart up to 120bpm and that is good for me!

I will continue to get my inspiration here and in the "serious" thread!  Thanks, brother!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1520 on: January 14, 2023, 10:24:33 AM »
Good stuff, Nat!

Yesterday I did 5 sets of DB laterals with 10lb DBs. and then used the Smith for (trying!) shoulder press.  I had 10 pounds on it.  Right now its mostly trying to get range of motion again but I don't really think I can do much more than 30lbs on the bar.  I cannot use a free bar as the RoM ain't there now.  The Smith allows me to just "push" and while that is a far cry from real pressing it's better than nothing for me, LOL!

Close grip bench for triceps with 40lbs supersetted with rope tricep pressdowns with 20lbs and I did 10 reps each set.  After that I did BB curls with a straight bar for 5 sets of 10 with 10lbs.  That was it.  Today I rest.  I ate some pizza last night so I will have to let the doctors know that.  ;D  I got my heart up to 120bpm and that is good for me!

I will continue to get my inspiration here and in the "serious" thread!  Thanks, brother!

Hey brother Scott, it's all good.

As the Vizier said in Aladdin: "Patience, Yago...patience."

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1521 on: January 14, 2023, 10:26:10 AM »
Hey brother Scott, it's all good.

As the Vizier said in Aladdin: "Patience, Yago...patience."

Amen.  Thanks!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1522 on: January 15, 2023, 04:24:22 PM »
My son put together a small Dumbell Rack for me.  I have DBs that go from 75 to 95 in 5lb jumps and one pair of solid hex 30lb DBs.  I am nowhere near strong enough anymore to use the heavy ones but who knows, maybe I can do shrugs with them one day?  I also have two pair of adjustable DBs.  One goes from 5lbs. to 25.bs. and the other from 11lbs. to 55lbs.

I did not train today and will see how I feel tomorrow afternoon.  Nat, "Aladdin"  is a favorite of our children (when they were little) and myself.  Iago as voiced by  Gilbert Gottfried is great, especially when he says "YEEESSSS!  Oh mighty evil one!"   Thanks for that fun memory coming back!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1523 on: January 15, 2023, 04:35:07 PM »
My son put together a small Dumbell Rack for me.  I have DBs that go from 75 to 95 in 5lb jumps and one pair of solid hex 30lb DBs.  I am nowhere near strong enough anymore to use the heavy ones but who knows, maybe I can do shrugs with them one day?  I also have two pair of adjustable DBs.  One goes from 5lbs. to 25.bs. and the other from 11lbs. to 55lbs.

I did not train today and will see how I feel tomorrow afternoon.  Nat, "Aladdin"  is a favorite of our children (when they were little) and myself.  Iago as voiced by  Gilbert Gottfried is great, especially when he says "YEEESSSS!  Oh mighty evil one!"   Thanks for that fun memory coming back!

You have all you need to get a good workout.

Watched Aladdin many times with my kids too.

I spelled Iago wrong!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1524 on: January 16, 2023, 06:29:19 AM »
1/16/23

Bench press - 4x10-12
Db shrugs - 4x15-20
Leg extensions - 4x20
Leg curls - 4x8-15
Seated calf - 4x20
Behind neck press - 4x8-12
Bent over cable v-bar tricep extension - 3x10-20
Hammer db curl - 3x20