Author Topic: Need some gun recommendations.  (Read 2496 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Need some gun recommendations.
« on: February 01, 2023, 09:29:32 AM »
I’m looking to start a collection and  I need the following but when I start to Google I get overwhelmed with different manufactures, models and cost is all over.  Here is what I want.

1. AR-15 type rifle
2. Shotgun. Preferable a magazine fed 12 shell capacity type. Like the RIA VR 100
3. Long range 308 type rifle
4. Handgun.  I do have beefy hands so something big and comfy without too much recoil.

I’m aiming for about $3-5K Max for all.

Thanks.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Need some gun recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 11:57:54 AM »

you need a good all-purpose gun like the one shown in this short video.
F

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 01:37:50 PM »
Oaks preparing a list of his favorites now.

Oak likes my little collection, he offered to buy it and release it to the Chicongo dindu's for additional violence.
(Since I only shoot paper targets and not people or animals)...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 01:39:42 PM »
Not only guns, but shirts make libturds melt-down hard as well... (And red ball caps).

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 03:07:10 PM »
4. Handgun.  I do have beefy hands so something big and comfy without too much recoil.

Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS
https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g17-gen5-mos-fs

Add Holosun SCS MOS, made for Glock MOS
https://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/209.html

Add Trijicon HD™ Night Sights for Glock Standard Frames
https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/gl101o

You can get the two add-ons above on eBay.

Add a Surefire or Streamlight weapon light.  You can get these from Amazon.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 03:18:41 PM »
sight on a 9mm? they are totally inaccurate after a few meters.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 03:32:58 PM »
sight on a 9mm? they are totally inaccurate after a few meters.

How about accurate at 100 meters?

In a real life home defence situation you'll be shooting at what, 7 meters or less?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 06:04:55 PM »
I’m looking to start a collection and  I need the following but when I start to Google I get overwhelmed with different manufactures, models and cost is all over.  Here is what I want.

1. AR-15 type rifle
2. Shotgun. Preferable a magazine fed 12 shell capacity type. Like the RIA VR 100

Thanks.
1) The S&W MP15 can be had for a reasonable price and is a good rifle.
2) I have the RIA VR80, once broken in it's awesome.
3) .308 bolt action? Pick up a classic Remington 700
4) S&W has interchangeable backstraps that can be swapped out to fit your hand better.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 06:21:08 PM »

1. AR-15 type rifle

Thanks.

WTF?  This is awesome!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 06:32:04 PM »
WTF?  This is awesome!

It’s amazing.  Might be the first one I buy.

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 03:36:12 AM »
BREAKING NEWS
REPORTS OF A NIGHTCLUB SHOOTING. MULTIPLE FATALITIES. IT'S UNCLEAR AT THIS STAGE WHO THE SHOOTER IS, WHAT THE MOTIVE WAS & HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE INVOLVED.

NIGHTCLUB SHOOTING
5 MEN WERE SHOT AT A POPULAR FLORIDA NIGHTCLUB TONIGHT. WITNESSES HAVE TOLD LOCAL AUTHORITIES A MAN BECAME ENRAGED AFTER SEEING ANOTHER MAN TALK TO HIS GF & OPENED FIRE AT A GROUP OF 21-22YO MEN BEFORE PUNCHING HIS GF IN THE FACE AND TAKING HIS OWN LIFE. HE KILLED 4 MEN, CRITICALLY INJURED 1 AND HIS GF IS IN A STABLE CONDITION.

NIGHTCLUB SHOOTING
THE MAN WHO OPENED FIRE AT A FLORIDA NIGHTCLUB LAST NIGHT KILLING 4 YOUNG MEN BEFORE TAKING HIS OWN LIFE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED AS HECTOR GONZALEZ OF PALM BEACH FL. THE 32YO WENT BY THE NAME "EL DIABLO BLANCO" ON BODYBUILDING FORUM "GETBIG" & ASKED FOR GUN RECOMMENDATIONS THERE JUST HOURS BEFORE THE FATAL SHOOTING. AUTHORITIES ARE FURTHER INVESTIGATING THE SCENE & QUESTIONING WITNESSES TO DETERMINE IF WHITE SUPREMECY PLAYED A ROLE IN THE MASS SHOOTING.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 12:41:21 PM »
The IWI Tavor TS12 is the craziest shotgun.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2023, 01:19:20 PM »
You only need 2

If you want a long range setup the answer is never 308..and your optic will cost more than the who rifle..I have used a 556 16” barreled AR in recce configuration out to damn near 800 yards in combat situations..it’s not optimal by any means but it’s doable.

Magazine fed shotguns are a gimmick..fuck gimmicks

Get a sig P320 that’s already cut for optics

For an AR15 get any from geissle, triarc, pws, sons of liberty, cobalt, or build your own.

Bench

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2023, 01:36:12 PM »
You only need 2

If you want a long range setup the answer is never 308..and your optic will cost more than the who rifle..I have used a 556 16” barreled AR in recce configuration out to damn near 800 yards in combat situations..it’s not optimal by any means but it’s doable.

Magazine fed shotguns are a gimmick..fuck gimmicks

Get a sig P320 that’s already cut for optics

For an AR15 get any from geissle, triarc, pws, sons of liberty, cobalt, or build your own.

Bench

Diablo, you best listen to Bench.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2023, 01:45:01 PM »
Diablo, you best listen to Bench.

I have wasted so much money in my life..that info is usually more valuable than all my training lol

Bench

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2023, 01:51:33 PM »
I have wasted so much money in my life..that info is usually more valuable than all my training lol

Bench

:D

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2023, 01:55:27 PM »
WTF?  This is awesome!

it's a walking eject failure

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 03:33:38 PM »
Look into the Hankins-19.  Best gun around. 

Freemason

• Getbig III
  • Tree Trimmer Extraordinaire
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 05:14:08 PM »
When it comes to the basic must have calibers, you are on the right track. Some decent suggestions have already been mentioned. I’ll just throw it in my .02

9mm, 5.56, .308, and 12 gauge are the most available ammos on the market and in the widest use.

Lots of affordable, good quality ARs are available. The S/W M&P 15 is definitely an affordable and dependable option. PSA has good inexpensive options as well and uses quality parts like the toolcraft BCG. Bravo Company, Colt, and Sig are also great options.

I would never own a 12 gauge that was magazine fed and trust my life to it. By nature, they are finicky and do not run low brass shells dependably ever. The mag fed versions are just for toys. Value to quality in semi auto shotguns, my nod goes to Mossberg 930. If you want the best then Benelli M2 or M4 or the Berreta 1301. Forget the magazine and just learn how to reload while walking.

Longer range 308, bolt action is the most cost effective option and the veritable Remington 700 is a great choice. Another option for me would be a Ruger precision rifle. If semi auto is preferred PSA or Aero in an AR10 style would be entry level good quality. Top tier would be LMT or KAC.

Pistols are personal, Glock gen5, S&W, or Sig are all dependable so buy what fits your hand and shooting style the best. You could buy a 1k AR, the 930, an (PSA) AR10, and a pistol for under $3500. You could purchase decent optics for all the rifles, and still be under 5K

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 08:03:23 PM »
When it comes to the basic must have calibers, you are on the right track. Some decent suggestions have already been mentioned. I’ll just throw it in my .02

9mm, 5.56, .308, and 12 gauge are the most available ammos on the market and in the widest use.

Lots of affordable, good quality ARs are available. The S/W M&P 15 is definitely an affordable and dependable option. PSA has good inexpensive options as well and uses quality parts like the toolcraft BCG. Bravo Company, Colt, and Sig are also great options.

I would never own a 12 gauge that was magazine fed and trust my life to it. By nature, they are finicky and do not run low brass shells dependably ever. The mag fed versions are just for toys. Value to quality in semi auto shotguns, my nod goes to Mossberg 930. If you want the best then Benelli M2 or M4 or the Berreta 1301. Forget the magazine and just learn how to reload while walking.

Longer range 308, bolt action is the most cost effective option and the veritable Remington 700 is a great choice. Another option for me would be a Ruger precision rifle. If semi auto is preferred PSA or Aero in an AR10 style would be entry level good quality. Top tier would be LMT or KAC.

Pistols are personal, Glock gen5, S&W, or Sig are all dependable so buy what fits your hand and shooting style the best. You could buy a 1k AR, the 930, an (PSA) AR10, and a pistol for under $3500. You could purchase decent optics for all the rifles, and still be under 5K
I was actually sent a PSA-10 to do a review on..it’s a gen 3 in 6.5 creedmoor..at first it shot ok..about 1moa/100yards..I hand lapped the receiver, bedded the barrel to the receiver with gasket epoxy and now it’s shooting 1/2MOA with 143grain eldm’s.

Never gets old putting a nightforce atacr on a $800 rifle..running a larue mount as well with thunderbeast suppressor..they ended up not needing my review but let me keep the rifle..when they let me keep it they sent me an SSA-E trigger for it out of the blue

Bench

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2023, 08:27:05 PM »

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2023, 09:04:29 AM »
Another thing..once you get the AR get a quality optic like a T1 or MRO with a unity tactical fast mount..start off right.

Bench

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2023, 09:12:19 AM »
How about accurate at 100 meters?

In a real life home defence situation you'll be shooting at what, 7 meters or less?

red lasers are hardly visible in daylight, green is much better

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2023, 09:19:55 AM »
I am not a gun guy but I own a Beretta APX and I enjoy shooting it.
X

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 09:23:13 AM »