Author Topic: I hate the 80's bodybuilding went freaky  (Read 26555 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: I hate the 80's bodybuilding went freaky
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2011, 04:48:59 AM »
maiden would have never been maiden till paul d'ianno was asked to bow out,he was a london punk rock type there was a major shift change from killers to number of the beast.

He couldn't handle touring and forced himself out of the band.

He was just in the news yesterday and is facing jail time due to playing gigs while he was collecting disability.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »

Actually Raintree was in the shopping center on the corner of Torrance Blvd. and Anza where Pavillion's was (now remodeled into a Von's as of 2 months ago). The place where Raintree was is a Scrapbooking place now. I live right in the same neighborhood. The Car dealerships are in fact on Hawthorne and Guitar Center is on Artesia.

Strike out anywhere else? Never. I heard about such a thing happening to OTHER guys... ha, ha! Yes Raintree was cool because I go dressed up a little (from Annebel's my favorite place). I'd where a nice shirt and tie and walk into Raintree like I owned the place. It worked.

Anabel’s, Tequila Willies and Osco’s on LaCienega… there were also a couple places in OC but I don’t recall the names. Those were my sure to not be alone tonight spots. 

You're right. Torrance/Anza. I use to live right on Prospect and Torrance Blvd for a while. And Annabel's -- with Fat Burger right down there within walking distance. That's where I went with Gracie (the chiropractor with the big boobs) when we first met at the club. I was always first class all the way. She had designs to compete in fitness or something like that and was lecturing me on how unhealthy it was and yakking about saturated fat. I'm like, whatever, give me a Double King with a side of Fat Fries and extra grease please.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »
You're right. Torrance/Anza. I use to live right on Prospect and Torrance Blvd for a while. And Annabel's -- with Fat Burger right down there within walking distance. That's where I went with Gracie (the chiropractor with the big boobs) when we first met at the club. I was always first class all the way. She had designs to compete in fitness or something like that and was lecturing me on how unhealthy it was and yakking about saturated fat. I'm like, whatever, give me a Double King with a side of Fat Fries and extra grease please.

How does one order Extra Grease?  Does it come in a little cup?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »
How does one order Extra Grease?  Does it come in a little cup?

It's a joke, Apenus. That's right, you heard me! I called you Apenus! And that's what I will call you from now on in honor of the Big Man who is now in HEAVEN! That's right -- HEAVEN!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »
It's a joke, Apenus. That's right, you heard me! I called you Apenus! And that's what I will call you from now on in honor of the Big Man who is now in HEAVEN! That's right -- HEAVEN!
Its Apenis.  And OnlyMe didn`t believe in heaven or at least he never mentioned it on here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2011, 01:51:02 PM »
Its Apenis.  And OnlyMe didn`t believe in heaven or at least he never mentioned it on here.

I will correct the spelling in future posts. And just he never mentioned it here doesn't mean anything. Maybe you should ask his daughter.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2011, 01:02:47 AM »

One time when I was at my biggest and studliest, I left Anabel’s and decided to go to Fatburger. I was sitting there just got my Double Kingburger with cheese and a fight broke out. No need to stop eating cause I was at a calorie deficit for the day and I could feel myself shrinking minute-by-minute. So I sat there eating my burger while five or six guys were fighting all around me. After it was all over I was walking out and 2 girls were sitting in their car. They stopped me and told me they were cracking up because I was totally un-phased by the fight. I just said “hey it was good entertainment to go along with my meal”. So they invited me home with them. Desert was good as well.

Do you remember the brothers who were surfers that hung out at Anabel’s? I think there were 2 or 3 of them, long braided hair. Pretty tough guys. I think one of them was in Pointe Break with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves.        
and keep moving!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 01:59:42 AM »
One time when I was at my biggest and studliest, I left Anabel’s and decided to go to Fatburger. I was sitting there just got my Double Kingburger with cheese and a fight broke out. No need to stop eating cause I was at a calorie deficit for the day and I could feel myself shrinking minute-by-minute. So I sat there eating my burger while five or six guys were fighting all around me. After it was all over I was walking out and 2 girls were sitting in their car. They stopped me and told me they were cracking up because I was totally un-phased by the fight. I just said “hey it was good entertainment to go along with my meal”. So they invited me home with them. Desert was good as well.

Do you remember the brothers who were surfers that hung out at Anabel’s? I think there were 2 or 3 of them, long braided hair. Pretty tough guys. I think one of them was in Pointe Break with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves.        

Nothing deters a bodybuilder when he's going catabolic.

I remember exactly the brothers you were talking about. The chicks loved those guys. I hated them. And yes, one of them was in Point Break with Swayze. It was then that it became clear to me that I hated him the most.

The eighties up to about the mid nineties where the good days. Once gangsta rap started dominating the culture and then the internet, MTV... all started going down the toilet.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2011, 02:21:42 AM »
To keep it bodybuilding related I want to mention something about Arnold. Because there are some threads about him and his acting, or lack thereof, abilities and how he never really made great movies. Maybe so, but it mattered, at least to me, that it was Arnold on that screen.

When I was a teen and read his first book, his autobiography, I thought it was a bit odd, maybe even a little bit conceited, that a guy in his early thirties is already writing his biography. There was also a part in that book where he mentions how he's going into acting and going to be a millionaire and all that stuff. And how in his mind he was already successful and accomplished all that it was just a matter of going through the motions. That made me think about that scene in PI where he tauts Louie and his dad that he already called his mom and told her he win. That in his mind is was already a done deal. It's just a matter of going through the motions. I remember scoffing at him reading that boast in his book. At his arrogance. That there are some things in life you just can't control. You can't make people like some muscle man, with a funny accent and an unpronounceable and "unspellable" name and accept him as a leading man on films.

Max_Rep might remember that there was point in his first campaign for governor where Arnold started acting like he already won. The press were mocking him because he was already hiring his staff, making plans for his office, getting his kids pre-enrolled in the schools in Sacramento. It was like in his mind he already won the election and it was just a matter of going through the motions. When I saw him on TV talking like he was already the governor and all the things he was going to do it was then I knew he would win.

It's like Arnold is one of those few men in history that can determine his own fate and destiny through sheer force of will.

And it was in the 1980's that he let the world know who he is. And I can't think of a more recognizable person in this world than Arnold. And seeing
Arnold on the screen during the eighties, knowing that he really was going to make his mark in this world, rise above an obscure subculture that most find odd and a bit weird, mattered because he was one of our own. He made me smile that he even had a large contingent of his meat head friends from the good days raising a ruckus and making themselves heard during his inauguration.   

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »
Nothing deters a bodybuilder when he's going catabolic.

I remember exactly the brothers you were talking about. The chicks loved those guys. I hated them. And yes, one of them was in Point Break with Swayze. It was then that it became clear to me that I hated him the most.

The eighties up to about the mid nineties where the good days. Once gangsta rap started dominating the culture and then the internet, MTV... all started going down the toilet.

Yeah the chicks loved those guys but I still did alright. I always thought it was one of them in PB.
One of these guys:

I agree with your post about Arnold... I've never seen anyone else so causative over the outcome of their life simply by sheer will. Too bad he wasn't that way over the California economy.
and keep moving!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2011, 02:59:09 AM »
The thing about Arnold is that many "normal" people that I know, by normal I mean those who don't make any kind of physical training, or bodybuilding. So when I bring up Arnold name around them, they ALL say that he is stupid and not very intelligent. And I tell them if he really was such a moron then he wouldn't have advanced in life the way that he has. Also I tell them that I believe he has a genius IQ with regards to the sub-genre of "social" IQ

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2011, 01:19:24 AM »
To keep it bodybuilding related I want to mention something about Arnold. Because there are some threads about him and his acting, or lack thereof, abilities and how he never really made great movies. Maybe so, but it mattered, at least to me, that it was Arnold on that screen.

When I was a teen and read his first book, his autobiography, I thought it was a bit odd, maybe even a little bit conceited, that a guy in his early thirties is already writing his biography. There was also a part in that book where he mentions how he's going into acting and going to be a millionaire and all that stuff. And how in his mind he was already successful and accomplished all that it was just a matter of going through the motions. That made me think about that scene in PI where he tauts Louie and his dad that he already called his mom and told her he win. That in his mind is was already a done deal. It's just a matter of going through the motions. I remember scoffing at him reading that boast in his book. At his arrogance. That there are some things in life you just can't control. You can't make people like some muscle man, with a funny accent and an unpronounceable and "unspellable" name and accept him as a leading man on films.

Max_Rep might remember that there was point in his first campaign for governor where Arnold started acting like he already won. The press were mocking him because he was already hiring his staff, making plans for his office, getting his kids pre-enrolled in the schools in Sacramento. It was like in his mind he already won the election and it was just a matter of going through the motions. When I saw him on TV talking like he was already the governor and all the things he was going to do it was then I knew he would win.

It's like Arnold is one of those few men in history that can determine his own fate and destiny through sheer force of will.

More like illuminati friendly.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2011, 07:41:34 AM »
He couldn't handle touring and forced himself out of the band.

He was just in the news yesterday and is facing jail time due to playing gigs while he was collecting disability.

Didn't he have a drug problem also ???

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

Didn't he have a drug problem also ???

Sure did.

'Cocaine's a hell of a drug!'

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »
bullshit, I posted a pic of a cheesecake once and he said...'that looks like heaven' ...
The Number 2 in Scranton