Author Topic: Egypt...CBS News Lara Logan "suffered a brutal ....  (Read 25121 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Egypt...CBS News Lara Logan "suffered a brutal ....
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:11:49 PM »
"suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" on Feb. 11 in Egypt,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110215/bs_yblog_thecutline/cbss-logan-suffered-brutal-attack-in-egypt

CBS News correspondent Lara Logan "suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating" on Feb. 11 in Egypt, according to a network statement.

The incident took place as Logan was covering celebrations in Tahrir Square for "60 Minutes" shortly after the resignation of President Hosni Mubarak. Logan and her security team "were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration," according to the CBS statement. There were over 200 people in the mob.

"In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew," the statement continued. "She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers."

Logan reconnected with her team and returned to the United States the next morning. She's currently recovering in a hospital.

During the Egyptian uprising, numerous journalists were attacked by pro-Mubarak mobs and arrested. Most of those attacks, however, took place during a two-day period when Mubarak supporters hit the streets. Still, even with Mubarak gone, the attack on Logan shows the danger for foreign correspondents reporting from hot spots around the world.

Journalists continue facing threats in the Middle East and North Africa, as protests inspired by events in Egypt and Tunisia take place throughout the region. On Monday, government loyalists in Yemen attacked a BBC reporter and his cameraman.

Logan described the difficult situation for foreign journalists nearly two weeks ago in Egypt -- a country not unlike other authoritarian regimes in its treatment of the press -- just before she was also detained by police.

Logan spoke to Esquire about her earlier police interrogation on Feb. 10, the night before this attack transpired.

"We were all blindfolded," Logan told the magazine.  "They blindfolded me, but they said if I didn't take it off they wouldn't tie my hands. They kept us in stress positions—they wouldn't let me put my head down. It was all through the night. We were pretty exhausted."

She said Egyptian police also accused her crew of being "Israeli spies" or agents. "We were accused of everything," she said.

But Logan, like most foreign correspondents, wasn't going to sit out the rest of a major revolution. She decided to return to Egypt on Feb. 10, telling Esquire that "there's no doubt in my mind that the situation we were caught in before, we are now arriving into again."

The New York Times noted Tuesday that "some female journalists complained about being singled out by crowds" while covering the protests in Egypt. However, it's unclear at this time if there were other incidents of sexual assault involving journalists.

CBS said Tuesday that there will be no further comment and that "Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time."

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Egypt...CBS News Lara Logan "suffered a brutal ....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:15:28 PM »
naive/dumb woman..... sigh..

epic_alien

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
"Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time."

well maybe if she had observed this rule and hadnt been in egypt in the first place she would be ok.

stupid motherfucking leaches.

she should not have been there.

every journalist who pokes their noses into that situation should get their ass beat

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 03:17:47 PM »
"Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time."

well maybe if she had observed this rule and hadnt been in egypt in the first place she would be ok.

stupid motherfucking leaches.

she should not have been there.

every journalist who pokes their noses into that situation should get their ass beat
exactly.

why even care about what's going on there. I don't...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »
If only Anderson Cooper suffered the same...

/ach, sorry. bad, bad stark taste

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:18:41 PM »
Funny how these Journalist think their Camera man is a trained Navy seal

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
If only Anderson Cooper suffered the same...

/ach, sorry. bad, bad stark taste

HAHA.....bad taste but still very funny  ;D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:20:43 PM »
Your passiveness and not caring about anything as long as it doesn't affect you is what made Rinkeby. :D
If I decided we wouldn't have that type of people here in the first place ;)

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »
a swedish resporter got stabbed and beaten and was in critical condition for like 5 days. crazy,

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 03:27:27 PM »
a swedish resporter got stabbed and beaten and was in critical condition for like 5 days. crazy,

At least they'll have someone better running the country now.

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
At least they'll have someone better running the country now.

I guess it was mubarak "fans" not wanting reporters reporting

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 03:28:38 PM »

Yo swede, any news in sweden about Hosni Mubarak sending his $70 billion dollars to a swiss bank and Switzerland appears to want to freeze his assets ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8319821/Hosni-Mubarak-resigns-Switzerland-to-freeze-assets-of-ousted-ruler.html

They will bust a bodybuilder but will gladly except $80 billion from a dictator

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 03:29:06 PM »
The Egyptian Center for Women's Rights released a report a few months ago documenting that 83% of Egyptian and 93% of foreign women are subject to sexual harassment in public. Did this woman not expect something like that to happen?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »
I once knew of a guy who stabbed himself in the leg to get out of a war. Let me guess, this woman will be part of Oprah's new network next year because of "what she supposedly went through."

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »
The Egyptian Center for Women's Rights released a report a few months ago documenting that 83% of Egyptian and 93% of foreign women are subject to sexual harassment in public. Did this woman not expect something like that to happen?

Of course she knew. And it will all be in her next book when she goes into detail about having to lick a greasy rotten salty banana.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 03:40:48 PM »
I once knew of a guy who stabbed himself in the leg to get out of a war. Let me guess, this woman will be part of Oprah's new network next year because of "what she supposedly went through."
media will probably make her out to be a hero  ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 03:42:17 PM »
media will probably make her out to be a hero  ::)

After a 20man gangbang hard to ... HARD TOO

Army of One

• Getbig V
CBS reporter Lara Logan sexually assaulted and beaten in Egypt
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
Look at these savages when they see a white blond woman,she should have sprayed some deoderant in the air, that would have sent them running.

"Feb 15 (Reuters) - CBS correspondent Lara Logan was beaten and sexually assaulted by a mob while covering the jubilation in Cairo's Tahrir Square on the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down, the U.S. broadcasting network said on Tuesday.

Logan, a 39-year-old South Africa native and longtime war correspondent, has since flown back to the United States and is recovering in hospital. She was one of dozens of journalists attacked during the three weeks of protests throughout Egypt.

CBS News said in a statement Logan was covering the celebrations for CBS's "60 Minutes" program on Feb. 11 when she and her team were surrounded by "a mob of more than 200 people whipped into a frenzy."

"In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers," CBS said.

Logan made her name as a war correspondent for Britain's GMTV during the start of the U.S.-led Afghanistan war in 2001 and subsequently reported on the war in Iraq and its violent aftermath. She joined CBS News in 2002.

The Committee to Protect Journalists, a media watchdog group, said at least 52 journalists were attacked and 76 were imprisoned during the unrest in Egypt that led Mubarak to step down after 30 years in power. All have been released, it said.

One journalist, Ahmad Mohamed Mahmoud of the Egyptian newspaper Al-Ta'awun, was killed while filming clashes near Tahrir Square, the CPJ said.

"Egypt's old regime orchestrated a ferocious campaign to stop the news of this movement for change," Paul Steiger, a member of the CPJ's board and former managing editor of The Wall Street Journal said.

He was speaking at a news conference to discuss the group's annual report, which examined working conditions for journalists in more than 100 countries. It said 44 journalists were killed and 145 were imprisoned in 2010.

The number of deaths marked a sharp drop from the 71 recorded in 2009. The high toll that year stemmed from a massacre in the Philippines in which at least 34 journalists died -- the single deadliest event for journalists ever.

Pakistan was the deadliest country for journalists in 2010, with eight killed, followed by Iraq with five. Indonesia, Mexico and Honduras followed, each with three reporters slain.

This year's report highlights the increasing importance of web-based journalism. In 2010, 69 journalists whose work appeared primarily online were jailed, according to the CPJ.

Steiger said attacks on Internet journalists, which often include cyberattacks and attacks on websites, must be closely monitored.

"The often invisible, sophisticated attacks constitute a new front in the fight for press freedom," he said. "We need to pay close attention to Internet censorship.""

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/15/egypt-journalists-idUSN1522043120110215

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: CBS reporter Lara Logan sexually assaulted and beaten in Egypt
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
how dare those big nosed pieces of shit touch that pretty white woman?!

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 06:34:53 PM »
Religion of Pieces  ::)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
how dare those big nosed pieces of shit touch that pretty white woman?!
Damn right! If any big nose piece of shit is going to violate her orifices, it should be you!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
Damn right! If any big nose piece of shit is going to violate her orifices, it should be you!

i lol'd in my apartment

i need a womens

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
Many reporters got attacked, why is this news, because she is a woman? Fuck that girl.