Author Topic: Rich White People Causing Black Children to Fail  (Read 4328 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Rich White People Causing Black Children to Fail
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
Karen Lewis for the teacher’s union in Chicago is letting everyone know that it must be the “rich white people” who cause the black children to fail. according to lewis, if youre white and try to make decisions for children educationally as a whole, instead of singling them out based on their color, you are a hindrance to their advancement.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Rich White People Causing Black Children to Fail
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »
So shes pro segregation. Got it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
Rich white people don't send their kids to public school.   Yet another desperate attempt to make excuses for poor academic performance.  What she wants is lower standards for minority students (not Asian though, they do just fine on their own).  In their feeble minds, it's always going to be white peoples fault. 
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 03:53:37 AM »

Is it rich white peoples fault she is a fat girl?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 07:50:24 AM »
somebody needs to slap jabba the hut

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:58:47 AM »
Is it rich white peoples fault she is a fat girl?

Food be racist!
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 11:41:17 AM »
YES!!  Score one for those cracka honkeys!!! 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 03:58:53 AM »
Rich white people don't send their kids to public school.   Yet another desperate attempt to make excuses for poor academic performance.  What she wants is lower standards for minority students (not Asian though, they do just fine on their own).  In their feeble minds, it's always going to be white peoples fault. 

She has a valid point. Why would rich white people who don't send their kids to public schools want to have to support public schools to begin with? ...especially those not in their own neighbourhoods? That's a little redundant don't you think?

I know I for one am not too thrilled about knowing portions of MY property taxes go to support Catholic schools, ...as well as secular public schools. I don't have kids. If I had the option to redistribute funding, it would be in my own SELF-interest to see as little of my tax dollars going towards public education. I'm sure anyone without kids can easily see that viewpoint. I'm not saying it's right, or even productive in the long run, simply that that's their POV. All she's doing is highlighting it. One would have to be a fool or disengenous twist her statement or to not recognize what she's saying.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 04:28:09 AM »
She has a valid point. Why would rich white people who don't send their kids to public schools want to have to support public schools to begin with? ...especially those not in their own neighbourhoods? That's a little redundant don't you think?

I know I for one am not too thrilled about knowing portions of MY property taxes go to support Catholic schools, ...as well as secular public schools. I don't have kids. If I had the option to redistribute funding, it would be in my own SELF-interest to see as little of my tax dollars going towards public education. I'm sure anyone without kids can easily see that viewpoint. I'm not saying it's right, or even productive in the long run, simply that that's their POV. All she's doing is highlighting it. One would have to be a fool or disengenous twist her statement or to not recognize what she's saying.

A large percentage of parents of children attending inner city schools don't even pay taxes and very few participate and encourage their children's education.  First, you have to prove that rich white people are influencing school policy intentionally and then you have to make the case that what they are advocating is ultimately detrimental to the students.  Poor performance alone is no indication a conspiracy of meddling rich white people is sabotaging inner city students.

As someone who worked in education in the inner city and grew up in the inner city, I can tell you first hand that rich white people are the least of their problems.   This is simple scapegoating and you would have to be blind not to see it.  Instead of addressing their fundamental dysfunctional cultural shortcomings it's much easier to blame the white phantom menace.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 04:44:03 AM »

A large percentage of parents of children attending inner city schools don't even pay taxes. 

Agreed. That's part of the point she's making. The majority of the tax base is outside of these neighbourhoods, and as such the decision making power is ALSO outside of these neighbourhoods.

First, you have to prove that rich white people are influencing school policy intentionally and then you have to make the case that what they are advocating is ultimately detrimental to the students.  Poor performance alone is no indication a conspiracy of meddling rich white people is sabotaging inner city students.

As someone who worked in education in the inner city and grew up in the inner city, I can tell you first hand that rich white people are the least of their problems.   This is simple scapegoating and you would have to be blind not to see it. 

I don't belief she's saying they are intentionally sabotaging inner city schools. I also don't believe she is scapegoating affluent whites as the reason for poor performance. I believe she shares the same perspective as you regarding the problems of inner city schools. Her point is that the decision makers are taking much too simplistic an approach, without having front line knowledge of what the challenges are for these students.

She is saying that she wants to see this war fought by Generals and front line troops, not accountants.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 04:51:06 AM »

Instead of addressing their fundamental dysfunctional cultural shortcomings it's much easier to blame the white phantom menace.

Wow! Well I can see you've since edited your comments. That speaks volumes!!!
Had I seen that earlier, I would have trusted my first instincts and realized the futility of trying to clarify something so readily apparent to those with an open mind. You can continue to believe whatever you choose to believe. Reason is wasted on you.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 05:34:19 AM »
 :D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »
Wow! Well I can see you've since edited your comments. That speaks volumes!!!
Had I seen that earlier, I would have trusted my first instincts and realized the futility of trying to clarify something so readily apparent to those with an open mind. You can continue to believe whatever you choose to believe. Reason is wasted on you.

It's impossible to deny the dysfunction within the black community.  Rampant violence, broken homes and murder are clear indications something is wrong.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:01:23 AM »
It's impossible to deny the dysfunction within the black community.  Rampant violence, broken homes and murder are clear indications something is wrong.

...says the American to the Canadian.  ::)

Ever stop to think that perhaps it is an AMERICAN problem?
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 06:04:47 AM »

;D

Bumb for Archer77.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 06:05:41 AM »

Why don't you compare statistics.  I have and you might be surprised by what you find.   Didn't you just make a blatantly racist comment in another thread?  
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 06:07:05 AM »
Why don't you compare statistics.  I have and you might be surprised by what you find.   Didn't you just make a blatantly racist comment in another thread?  

She was comparing statistics.

Murders in America compared to the rest of the civilized world :)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 06:08:40 AM »

;D

Bumb for Archer77.

Since the original subject of discussion is an American from Chicago and she is talking about the american educational system it can be assumed that all discussion thereafter is relevant to the context of the american educational system.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 06:12:23 AM »
Wherever you look - Kenya, South Africa, congo, Moombasa where Obama was born, Detroit, etc - same garbage and dysfunction. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 06:13:42 AM »
She was comparing statistics.

Murders in America compared to the rest of the civilized world :)

I never said we were taking about any other civilized country besides the United States.  The conversation was confined to the black community within the United States from the beginning thus it is at it's core an american problem because we are discussing americans. This fact seemed obvious to me.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 06:56:38 AM »

I never said we were taking about any other civilized country besides the United States.  The conversation was confined to the black community within the United States from the beginning thus it is at it's core an american problem because we are discussing americans. This fact seemed obvious to me.

Your posts have been spot on. Dont even acknowledge whork...he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed ;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »
Since the original subject of discussion is an American from Chicago and she is talking about the american educational system it can be assumed that all discussion thereafter is relevant to the context of the american educational system.

This was the quote we referred to:

You make it a race thing not an educational thing.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »
Your posts have been spot on. Dont even acknowledge whork...he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed ;D

Thats just mean Johnny.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »

Derp.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »

one moron, he didnt make it a race thing the HIPPO in the video made it a race thing.

two dumb ass, to deny that it is a cultural issue which is outlined by race is ignorant and idiotic...AKA liberal foreigner...so par for the course for youre retarded ass