Author Topic: 2009 Arnold - Shawn Perine didn't enjoy the Arnold extravaganza!  (Read 1768 times)

challenge

• Getbig III
"And I took... zero. I actually carried my camera around with me but didn't use it once. Smart... very smart.

Anyway, the expo was just insanely crowded. For me it's not enjoyable at this point. You have to literally push your way through the crowds and to be honest, the payoff is little. Five years ago you'd leave the expo with a bag full of supplements. Coming out of it on Friday I was empty-handed.

Fortunately they're expanding the expo space for next year, so you can actually move under your own power, rather than be carried along by the surging crowd."

LOL poor little dude.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Shawn Perine didn't enjoy the Arnold extravaganza!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 07:30:53 AM »
pip
A

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:50:24 AM »
"And I took... zero. I actually carried my camera around with me but didn't use it once. Smart... very smart.

Anyway, the expo was just insanely crowded. For me it's not enjoyable at this point. You have to literally push your way through the crowds and to be honest, the payoff is little. Five years ago you'd leave the expo with a bag full of supplements. Coming out of it on Friday I was empty-handed.

Fortunately they're expanding the expo space for next year, so you can actually move under your own power, rather than be carried along by the surging crowd."

LOL poor little dude.

How could he say that when there were plenty of opportunities to take pics of expo attendees like this one:

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:53:26 AM »
delusion.jpg

good one...... ;D

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 07:54:34 AM »
That's a look anybody would aspire too. OH BROTHER
$

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »
Is that our boy Rhino !?!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 08:01:40 AM »
naw....rhino has a barbed wire tattoo or some arm band like that.....

I think this is a guy that likes to wear dress pants, a black tank, and a ball cap to public places.....

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:03:35 AM »
I think this is a guy that likes to wear dress pants, a black tank, and a ball cap to public places.....

That's because black is slimming.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 08:05:38 AM »
hes not posing for the pic.....this is a natural stance for a man of this stature......

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 08:08:57 AM »
purpleish arms on that guy

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 08:10:22 AM »
he must get a lot of 'hey big guy"

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »
His name is Al ... use to look good, in my opinion. Obviously on low dosages and/or just not responding as well as he use to.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »
"big" al fortney.....got busted i think a little while back......

he used to be a monster...

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 08:51:24 AM »
Nice face mass :-\

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »
"big" al fortney.....got busted i think a little while back......

he used to be a monster...

that is Al Fortney.  Nice guy.  Used to be well over 300 last time I saw him.  hard to tell his size from that pic.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 09:02:31 AM »

LOL poor little dude.

awwww  :D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 09:06:48 AM »

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »
And I took... zero. I actually carried my camera around with me but didn't use it once. Smart... very smart. Anyway, the expo was just insanely crowded. For me it's not enjoyable at this point. You have to literally push your way through the crowds and to be honest, the payoff is little. Five years ago you'd leave the expo with a bag full of supplements. Coming out of it on Friday I was empty-handed.

Regarding giving away supplements, I think it is better that they target the correct people in giving out free supplements.  A kid or an old lady is not your target audience for superhyped extreme powders or drinks. So yes, being selective is good.  People like to come and grab anything they can.

The expo is fun! You get to talk to a lot of people, meet many competitors and people of the industry and view the latest products.  Each to his own.

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: 2009 Arnold - Shawn Perine didn't enjoy the Arnold extravaganza!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 11:31:44 AM »
The expo is in dire need of expansion.  It should have been done several years ago. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »
Regarding giving away supplements, I think it is better that they target the correct people in giving out free supplements.  A kid or an old lady is not your target audience for superhyped extreme powders or drinks. So yes, being selective is good.  People like to come and grab anything they can.

The expo is fun! You get to talk to a lot of people, meet many competitors and people of the industry and view the latest products.  Each to his own.

Agreed, whenever I come to the expos, they know that I sell supplements so a lot vendor shove all sorts of products at me.  Wish I didn't miss it this year

I think Shawn is pissed over being wrong about the Kai Greene deal and getting heat for the false announcement he made. 
A

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »

I think Shawn is pissed over being wrong about the Kai Greene deal and getting heat for the false announcement he made. 

Which is still on the site. Go figure..